New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Jerry's entourage [IC]

The little birds get an encouraging gurgle-noise as Morazzt the Mound's top indents somewhat to offer them a nestlike hollow. AnyONe NEEds anY HEalinG? iHE liTTlE LIZard alright? I hoPe SO. Morazzt the Mound then adds in rapid succession, flattening Morazzt the Mound's main mass beside Bommel to provide the Rabite with a comfortable perch to mapread from. ANd thANK YOU for EVERYthiNg! Morazzt the Mound suddenly remembers Morazzt the Mound's manners. We COULDN't hAVE DOne So WEll WithOUT YoU! Except Bommel, but that's just Bommel being Bommel.

Morazzt the Mound briefly contemplates asking what's embarrassing about Mulberries, since Morazzt the Mound knows many very fine Mulberries and likes them (granted, they are tree trees, don't walk much and talk less, but still). Nevertheless, Morazzt the Mound would certainly prefer to avoid overstepping the boundaries of people so nice, and thus elects to push the issue not. Talking of which… DO YoU nEEd heLP with YouR sandPIt issUeS, by tHe Way? We CAn HelP wiTh YouR saNDPiT issues!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Watt pats the lizard and answers Morazzt question. "Betsy, fine, good?" The Lizard seems to be in mint condition, she was still a bit nervous before but has calmed down now.

The ragebirds after circling a bit above Morazzt seem to decide that now is a good idea to do other things, drop 4 feathers on Morazzt head and flutter away.

Just as Morazzt asks about the sand, it slowly hardens again, pushing the cart up to stand there like nothing else happened again.

Well if you want some knickknacks I can show you!

There is, again, some rummaging in the carriage a metallic clank and then the carriage seems to... Open up, like a multisegmented box multiple platforms appear out of the carriage all full of most diverse things.

And in the middle of it is a brightly grinning dwarf, adorned in earthy tones.

Welcome to Mul's Massive Mall!

Spoiler: Mul's massive mundane mall
    Show
    You see a lot of, pretty mundane things. A diverse assortment of needles, thread and cloth. Bar of silver, copper, bronze and metal, ready to get made into other things. Kit's full of herbs, fresh bandages, or climbing gear. Some small tubes with mushroom spores in them for the mushroom connoisiuer, etc... In short you can get pretty much everything you can see in the players handbook under equipment, even the alchemical stuff.
    He does have some special knicknacks however.

Spoiler: Knickknacks
    Show
    2 massive leaves From Ferolia! that work as magic bedrolls and can also be worn on the torso slot. 450 Gold a piece.
    4 Cockatrice feathers, that cast Feather fall on you once, when you fall and then crumble to dust. 100 Gold a piece.
    1 Unidentifiable potion that radiates divination and restoration magic. You can have that for 20 Gold.
    10 Crossbow bolts made out of Mithril, and are carved with pretty rad runes. 50 Gold a piece.
    1 Ring of Protection +1, for 1800 Gold
    1 Ornately crafted silver ring that has a depiction of Luna on it. 200 Gold.
    3 magical stones that have a range increment of 50 feet and deal 1d4+1 damage, 10 Gold a piece.

Spoiler: Updated map
    Show
    Mul's massive mall! The picture of the box is just for visualization purposes, Betsy is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Bommel pats Morazzt with an ear when he gets lifted up to read better. He also chimes up when asked for healing by raising an ear. He also waggles it for emphasis. Also a few hops.

Much hopping about and investigation is had as the mall opens, looking at all the various things arrayed in front and around Mul. Very tricky to pick from, but in the end, Bommel emerges victorious with a tin of apple strudel tea leaves and a glorious, shiny, rainbow-colored, very round and wide tea spoon. Though with Bommel's dimensions, it is most likely more a large spoon for cooking for him, possibly a ladle.

With his treasures safely stashed, but the spoon ready to be drawn and put to action, Bommel is ready to move on.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Impigo returns to his impish form, and feeling more powerful than before, he practices some movements with his stinger, carefully fencing and darting, he was indeed the best swordimp in the realm!

But the sneaky dwarf showed his true colors, they only wanted gold!

Oh but there were so many goods and trinkets, and Impigo fell to the urge of shopping stuff.

He parted with 450 gold coins in exchange for a Ferolia leave, for resting well at night was the swordimp best trick.

Gracias!

Begrudgingly he added, watching his coin go into the dwarf's purse.

Pardon me good dwarf, but you wouldn't have seen or heard of a dark wizard with six fingers to each hand? A lean tall fellow with an army of zombies to his service?

5. - Top - End - #65

Morazzt the Mound makes sure to helpfully tap Bommel a couple of times with a couple of vines while, with some helpful help negotiated, trades some gold for that shiny, interesting potion that sounds like a good thing for Morazzt the Mound to carry. Only when beginning to see about restoring some of Morazzt the Mound's own diminished bodily integrity does Morazzt the Mound notice that the little birds have abandoned Morazzt the Mound. Saddened as Morazzt the Mound may be, nevertheless, Morazzt the Mound opts for, once again, not voicing this sentiment. After all, what is important's that the little birds were saved and kept safe for as long as the dangers persisted! Now they can fly free, and if Morazzt the Mound had a heart, it would be warmed.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Alhallor allowing, Bommel will unarmed slapped twice, suffering (2d4+8)[11] nonlethal damage, but helaing for (4d8+6)[20] points of lethal (and nonlethal) damage, by the grace of the stupid item that is the Inquisitor Bracers!

Morazzt the Mound then uses Morazzt the Mound's own Healing Belt twice, to heal for (4d8)[17] points of damage.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Mul seems to be happily trading, when Impigo gets the leaf he mentions.

These are really great! You can even push them together to make a vest out of it and then stretch it again to snuggle in at night.

When the imp mentions a six-fingered necromancer Mul scratches his beard deep in thought. When Watt asks Mul translates and she shakes her head but Mul mentions the following.

Well I haven't traded with him personally, I would probably remember someone with six-fingers. But the other thing I heard is that the Black Onyx trade in Xeraania seems to be flourishing a lot more than usual and from another colleague I heard that this is used in the creating of undead and a favorite gem of Necromancers of all sorts.

If it's not a trade secret or anything you could probably found out if you rummage a bit in the Xeraanian market.

If you're necromancer really did buy big lumps of the stuff you should ask about at Trade house Scorch, they trade mostly in gems and other valuable materials.

Towards Morazzt:

This potion is a bit weird. It just was in my inventory one day after I traded with a very nice Chobin. At least I'm sure that it's not harmful.

Towards Bommel:

Let the tee steep for 5 minutes, longer and it get's too bitter. At least for my taste.

Mul let's you rummage around a bit more and then closes his shop.

Just follow the road towards Xerania I'm sure you have another day or two of travel ahead.

And as the dwarf mentioned, it probably took you one and a half days toward the mighty walls of Xeraania. From the colloseum outside the walls you can hear cheers and... Gurgling? The big castle-like structure at the opposite side of the colloseum seems to be almost looming towards you when you follow the paved road. There are numerable people getting inside and outside of the dwarven city. There are of course dwarfs and humans but also a surprising number of more monstrous races, as a small example: some Fish-like people, some earth and stone elementals, you even spot a white dragon! There seems to be some sort of ritual before you can enter the city and people getting handed out slips of paper by some dwarfen guards.

There are some more guards stationed at the top of the walls, scanning the coming and leaving masses, some maintain they're crossbows, others seem to nearly doze off.

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Arriving at Xerania and armed with tea and a spoon, Bommel's eyes fill with Biting Spirit as he gazes at the coliseum. He would really like to try his ear at that one.

"I think we need to go in there at some point for the hammer?" he asks the others, pointing at the looming castle.

"We can look for the wizard with the" Quick look at Impigo's hands. "too many fingers first though! The burny trade hourse was it?"

8. - Top - End - #68

Morazzt the Mound, trudging along ponderously, wiggles a vine in agreement as Bommel brings up the castle. It'S BY the RivER, riVErs aRE GOoD! Morazzt the Mound makes sure to share this astute observation with the others. NoT lIkE FIREy thInGS; FiREy thingS are UnpLEAsanT. TheY ITch. Morazzt the Mound muses on. BuT I wiLl go alONG, if IMPiGO wanTs mE To. the Shambler affirms with great conviction. Impigo is a good Imp and a good friend. And he can turn into funny things Morazzt the Mound likes.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

While you talk about what to do, you take occasional glances and hear words from the gate towards the town Xeraania.

It looks like people who want to get in who don't have a slip of paper (the one who have one get waved through) Get asked what they're name and they're plan in Xeraania is (most answer business) and how long they intend to stay.

Show
    Listen check if you want to hear about more reasons. You don't need to roll that if you don't want to or don't feel the need to.

And then get the aforementioned paper slips. It seems to be a pretty smooth progress all things considered and most people seem to be used to the process.

The one with obvious weapons (like swords, maces or something NOT the dragon or others with natural weapons) get they're weapons stamped and sealed which seems to cost 1 silver coin, which you get back when you're seal is unbroken.

There is one of these weird elves that attacked you before (you're pretty sure it's not the one who ran away, but he is of the same ilk) who seems to be pretty agitated of that costum but he does get calmed down when it turns out that the dwarfs are able to give out change.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Impigo didn't like guards. He Transformed into a raven and made his way over the wall cawing at the people below.

He tried to locate the Black Onyx from above.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Bommel hops over to the gate. "Hello! I'm Shadow Ear Bommel, Disciple of the Way of Many Ears, Seeker of the Black Rabite. I'm on a training journey. I don't know what's in the city, but I want to find out, so I think I'm in the discovery business!"

Provided they get in, he hops on through, heading down the main road, where he is promptly waylaid by a very big shiny building to his left. Well then! Time to find out what that is!

Show
    Hopping over to Xeraan's House of Gold.

12. - Top - End - #72

Morazzt the Mound shambles after Bommel, if not without difficulty in terms of keeping that pace (the little guy is quick!), wondering, in the meantime, wherever Impigo could have went after turning into his nice bird form. I'm Morazzt the Mound. Morazzt the Mound tells the guards, pleased to meet them instead for the time being. I'm WitH hIM. Morazzt the Mound adds, pointing a thick vine in Bommel's general direction.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

----------Impigo-----------

Impigo flights over the wall, some dwarven guards spot him and one nudges the other to talk to his colleague.

Spoiler: Dwarven
    Show
    "Look, a familiar get's over the wall again." "I don't care we're told to look out for something bigger, as you now! But shouldn't we at least report it? Note it down if you want to. As long as the defenses don't spring up it probably get's ignored.

There are some runes on the wall that briefly glim up when ravenigo fly's over the wall, but they don't react further.

There are not many other flying creatures in the air, but flying is pretty good, because there are several warm winds that make flying rather pleasant.

Impigo's sharp eyes spot the big market quickly and there are some traders who also trade in gemstones, including black onyx.

Tradehouse Scorch is also easily to see from up above.

-------------Bommel, Morazzt-----------

When Bommel get's in line the dwarf responsible looks around a tad surprised till he finds the small rabite.

Spoiler: Dwarven
    Show
    "By the greedy digger, that's the smallest rabite if ever seen!

The dwarf brings his documents in order and notes down Bommels full name.

A disciple? And on training? I'll note down religious causes and give you a month, that's the usual procedure.

The dwarf then looks at Morazzt, a bit surprised.

You're a mound? Didn't knew that you're also around as plants. And as religious advisors? I'll give you a month too.

The dwarf finishes you're pieces of paper and stamps them. The stamps glow briefly, faintly till the stamp disappears totally and hands them out.

Wave them around when you enter and leave town again, ok? They glow red when you're time is up but you can renew them at every major business for a small fee. Don Xeraan wanted to know how many people he has in town for a few months, for a bet with another Don. Visit the new temple grounds, I'm sure you're find there what you're looking for.

With that you're free to enter and leave town.

Xeraans house of gold is rather big. A massive building made out of stone and steel with small windows, just big enough for a Bommel to squeeze through. The roof is full of Gargoyles who stare down at the people, some stretch a bit and change they're position with another gargoyle. They are two big double-doors who are intricately carved with typical dwarven symbols like gold, dragons, gems but also a greedy looking version of gnome with fistfuls of gold and gems instead of his usual two hammers and a grin that is full of golden teeth.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

"Hmm. Hmmmmmm." Bommel squints at the very expensive building. "I have no idea what this place is for! I'll just go ask." And so, the diminuitive silktail jumps up to the roof.

"Hello! I'm Shadow Ear Bommel, Disciple of the Way of Many Ears, Seeker of the Black Rabite. What is this place?" he asks the gargoyles.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2024-02-17 at 01:48 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Why do Morazzt the Mound's faithful companions in not carrying arms keep doing this to Morazzt Mound, Morazzt the Mound has to wonder, as Morazzt the Mound hastily thanks the security personnel for their ministerings and turns to try and hustle after Bommel. And Morazzt the Mound had so much to tell those nice guards about mounds both Shambling and Tumbling too! At any rate, the priorities have shifted. With still no sign of Impigo and having some significant difficulty checking the map unaided, not to mention those newfound duties as spiritual advisot to the little Rabite of big punches, Morazzt the Mound shambles in the general direction of the Golden House of Gols where that… Hammer thing probably is, and makes sure to wave a friendly 70 feet long tentacle-vine towards the Gargoyles engaged in what must be a very pleasant conversation with Bommel.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Impigo waits for Reverend Mound and the Disciple of the Way of Many Ears to cross the doors and then flies towards them, perching on one of Morazzt branches/twigs and cawing.

Caw caw caw

He gows with them to the Golden House of Gols, keeping an eye for anything that suggest the foul presence of his mortal enemy.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

------------Bommel, Morazzt, Impigo------------

The Gargoyles freeze when Bommel arrives at the roof so suddenly, for a moment it seems like no one wants to answer till ones teeth grate and it takes a moment till it get's out a few words of hacked-up-common.

THIS! DON XERAAN HOUSE! ONLY ENTER ENTRANCE! A decisive stone finger is kinda pointed towards the gate.

There don't seem to be any entrances on the roof, the exact number of moving gargoyls also seems to be a bit unclear.

Some Gargoyles seems to watch Morazzt pretty closely when he waves his long vines around.

Impigo can't see his mortal enemy as of right now but a place as big as this must have some magicians walking around.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

"Ohhhh! You got it!" Bommel bobs forward in the rabite version of a nod. "Thanks!" And with an imagined whistling sound, the diminuitive silktail drops back off the roof, bouncing once on the floor (and briefly looking rather flat).

"This is where we're supposed to go," he points an ear towards the shiny edifice. "Sooo, probably look around elsewhere first? There's this Luna's Retreat place and the onyx merchants and such?" He looks back and forth between Morazzt and Cawpigo. He just went off to look at the shiny house, so it's their turn to look at something (probably less shiny).
    Last edited by Ridai; 2024-02-20 at 04:52 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    Impigo waits for Reverend Mound and the Disciple of the Way of Many Ears to cross the doors and then flies towards them, perching on one of Morazzt branches/twigs and cawing.

Caw caw caw
    Oh. I wAs starTINg to WONder: wHEReeVEr did our Impy ImpiGO go? Morazzt the Mound greets the sudden replacement bird on top of Morazzt the Mound.

"This is where we're supposed to go," he points an ear towards the shiny edifice. "Sooo, probably look around elsewhere first? There's this Luna's Retreat place and the onyx merchants and such?" He looks back and forth between Morazzt and Cawpigo. He just went off to look at the shiny house, so it's their turn to look at something (probably less shiny).
    Morazzt the Mound rocks back and forth in agreement. ThAT'S wONdeRFul wORK donE, Bommel! CaN I sEe thE MAP, noW? I thiNK it HaD BAD STOrehOUSES on iT, anD THAt SOuNDED Bad, BUt in a GoOD Way. AnD theY arE bY THE HARbouR! ThaT MIght be GooD tOo, afTER SEeinG the BURNinG onyX PEople!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Bommel tries to hold up the map with both ears as high as he can, but that ultimately doesn't raise it that far above ground level. So he instead hops onto Morazzt, so Morazzt and Impigo can look at the map more closely. Maybe the currently feathery imp can peck on a spot, too!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler: more stuff
    Show
    Because Imp is probably one of the most ridiculously loaded monsters I got telepathy

Impigo flutters around Morazzt and the Disciple of Too Many Words, and while they only hear:

Caw Caw

They actually understand:

I shall go to the Onyx Market, where the Necromancer finds materials for their foul deeds. And I'd appreciate the assistance of such formidable warriors as yourselves.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

A mystery. The Bird language packs a lot of meaning into "caw". Learning to do that will be tricky. They must have a vast information network!

"Two votes for Onyx Market, so Onyx Market it is!" And this time, Bommel goes at the Speed of Mound.

23. - Top - End - #83

BURniNg ONyx peopLe, heRe we coME! Morazzt the Mound confirms Morazzt the Mound's assent. These six-finger-bad-folks sound mean, and an actual spiritual advisor once told Morazzt the Mound that making dead people walk and hit things is the opposite of healing. How could then Morazzt the Mound not support a good friend's good cause to stop a mean one who deals in that? Refraining from giving Bommel an appreciative tap on the back for slowing down (flat Bommel looks funny, but it might hurt, and Morrazt the Mound would prefer to avoid making Bommel hurt), the Shambler shambles along, happy to be helping.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The group wades through the town to reach the big market. There aren't any particular reactions from the dwarfs all around as an imp covered with eyes, the smallest rabite ever and a shambling mound is a pretty normal sight.

You see some small children playing "Get the hoard!" where they need to trick another child into giving away his hoard (a bunch of crispy chips that look like gold coins.) You pass some vendors that sell typical dwarven foodstuff, like mushroom-steak (cut out of giant mushrooms) dragon on a stick (small lizards grilled over open fire) and of course, edible gold and gems! (Either sweet or meaty snacks poorly disguised as money or gems.)

The nearer you get towards the market it seems it gets warmer. While the temperature in the caves was always pretty cool it's much warmer now and you see why pretty fast.

The harbor is actually a giant sea of molten rock, with massive dwarven iron ships gently swaying there. You can see some obelisks etched with glowing runes that probably are responsible for keeping out a lot of the heat.

The market itself is a massive conglomerate of (mostly dwarven) shops that sell basically everything from diverse (imported) fabric to tools, weapons and magic.

Show
    You can buy (and sell) nearly everything here. The market is limited to all items in the MIC (and other sources) up to 15.000 Gold total magic item cost. You can get more expensive ones but you need to make an effort to find someone to actually make that.

With Impigo having already scouted out the general area you make you're way towards where most of the gem traders have set up shop. Getting past a lobster person who try's to sell a chest full of algae OnLy, 500 GoLd anD yoU're BrinGinG mE InTo RuIn!

You do see some dwarven traders who sell, cut and buy diverse gems. There are also some who sell Onyx. There is one human with a black cloak around who seem to want to buy some (but he only has 5 fingers on each hand.)

25. - Top - End - #85

Morazzt the Mound deflates somewhat, seeing that there is no water in the harbour, only itchy liquid fire and Dwarves on weird ships, but Morazzt the Mound will not let such little setbacks dishearten Morazzt the Mound for long. For the time being, Morazzt the Mound remains determined to faithfully see Impigo's scouting of the place to the end, beginning to gently shepherd the others towards the Flamy House of Onyx Trading from the map that the nice plant-named Dwarf with the lizard mentioned earlier.

Show

Mysterious WIS check: (1d20+2)[9]

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Impigo is genuinely impressed by the city and the molten port. He hated wizards and didn’t care much for stinky rude dwarves, but a sensible soul like himself had to admire the work.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Bommel investigates the many stands and shinies. The burny sea reminds him of the Summer part of the Forest of Seasons, which incidentally also inspired his many-named well-practiced fire martial arts. Hard to use for training, though, since swimming in it would have to be very brief. But maybe doing exercise on the ships, hmmmmm...

There is also being curious about the algae, since he never had that, but getting a whole chest seems a little much.

But back to the issue at hand! There is a dark wizardy person! Inquisitively squinting at the onyx, then the hands, then the face, Bommel hops directly over to begin his investigation. "Hi! Do you know a wizard with" Quick glance at the hands. "six-finger-hands?"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

When Bommel jumps over to both the dwarf and the dark-robed person look at him.

"The smallest rabite I have ever seen."

The dwarf immediately after that says. "As I have already told this Altenan Necromancer, his traditionally schooled, six-fingered colleague buyd off a lot of our onyx supplies.

"Which isn't a problem for me, I just had to place the order, Necromancy wants to do some research."

The necromancer looks at Bommel, then at Morazzt and then at Impigo and can't really decide at which eye he should look at, a quizzical look on his face. "Are you wanting to place an order for you're master too, familiar? The rest of you don't seem like magic-users."

Spoiler: 1 point in Knowledge:Arcana or Spellcraft
    Show
    Altenan Necromancers focus mostly on fighting undead and typical debuffing spells while traditionally schooled ones are all who have learned under
    a freely practictioning necromancer and the cliche is that they are you're typical "let's raise an army of undead and take over the world!" guys.

Spoiler: Morazzt
    Show
    You hear... Well it seems more like you feel something peculiar, like there is another mound who try's to communicate but has a weird accent or something. It seems to be closest to the lake of molten lave though you couldn't see another mound there.

29. - Top - End - #89

I cASt speLLs! ALl manN[B]NER[/B]s of sPeLls! Morazzt the Mound raises the very self-conscious tip of a vine. I'm moRE oF a ShINy POSitiVe hELp-HEaL maGIc pERsoN thaN a WeirD-DeaD-thINGgs-OnYx soRT, ThOUGh. Morazzt the MOund adds, Morazzt the Mound's entire body beginnig to faintly glow with soothing, pretty white light. But polite conversation skills so eloquently displayed aside, it is quite obvious that something else has Morazzt the Mound's attention already: Morazzt the Mound turns slightly towards the harbour every now and then, taking a couple nervous steps in the general direction, even, before shuffling back.

Show

Activating Nimbus of Light nimbus of light; and
    Spot, scanning the horizon for Mounds: (1d20+2)[17]

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Bommel inclines his whole body at the question. How is the black-robe-wizard familiar with him? Bommel has never seen him.

...Oh, maybe he means familiar like with Rince's raven back in Rabiton.

"I'm not a bird, I'm a silktail. And I trained hard to be one! I trained so hard I became small!" Bommel says with a degree of pride, his teeth practically shining in... whatever light there is. It's okay, the wizard couldn't know. Unless he knew with secret wizardly ways, hmmmm...

"I'd like to find the" Look back at the wizard's and dwarf's hands. "six-finger-handed wizard for a friend."

He spots (and hears, let's be honest) Morazzt shuffling tactically, so the Shadow Ear turn-blobs around. "Did you spot the" Another look to check. "many-fingered wizard? Is he hiding in the lava?!"