New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Bel's RHoD: Chapter 1 [IC]

The Hydra charges forward heads thrust forward with fangs and water flying everywhere!

Spoiler
    Show

4 attacks vs Ringel
    Attack 1 - (1d20+10)[29]
    Damage 1 - (1d10+4)[8]

Attack 2 - (1d20+10)[15]
    Damage 2 - (1d10+4)[11]

Attack 3 - (1d20+10)[26]
    Damage 3 - (1d10+4)[8]

Attack 4 - (1d20+10)[24]
    Damage 4 - (1d10+4)[6]

3 attacks vs Tanna-Mai
    Attack 1 - (1d20+10)[24]
    Damage 1 - (1d10+4)[11]

Attack 2 - (1d20+10)[14]
    Damage 2 - (1d10+4)[13]

Attack 3 - (1d20+10)[18]
    Damage 3 - (1d10+4)[13]
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Violence rears its ugly heads once more! And violence with violence must be faced.

Novalis does not doubt an instant, the slumping knight instinctively lunges forward to prevent Ringel and Tanna Mai to be slaughtered by this river monstrosity.

He leads with a swift blow of his sword, and then a clever sidestepping high cut devised to step away while fending off the enemy.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Movement: Move to X19 Accept an AoO Current AC 24 (+2 Extra dodge from moving 10')
    Swift Action: Minute Hand (Boost) (Attack as Swift action at -2): Attack: (1d20+10)[21] Damage (1d8+7)[15]
    Standard Action: Red Zephyr's Strike (Strike) (Move 10'after attack, no AoO): (1d20+14)[30] Damage (1d8+9)[10]
    Ending up in AA19

3. - Top - End - #153
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ringel's jaw drops for a moment, and she reflexively stabs forward with the ranseur; but she can very easily tell that just will not do the job here. How is this forest growing these things?! Instead of an answer, she merely gets a flurry of bites rain down on her and a few more necks snake around her torso to get at Tanna-Mai. Very not ideal.

Without much in the way of further hesitation, she slides he left down on the shaft of the spear, folding the weapon behind her back as she swivels around; hoists Tanna over her shoulder without further ado; and scurries around Novalis onwards on the causeway, trying to keep her head down, but also between the heads thing and Tanna and maybe on her own shoulders. Hopefully, the thing won't be able to just eat them both in one bite. Hopefully.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Okay, here's the numbers:

AoO against the approaching Hydra: (1d20+12)[24] for (2d6+8)[16] magical piercing;

then: free action free up a hand and declare Dodge against the Hydra, initiating being on the defensive and increasing that AC to 19,
    move action pick up Tanna-Mai (interesting fact: with the +2 to STR from Elation, she's just within light load!) and
    other move action move 55 feet to whatever direction the crew were moving (I'll assume north, so she should end her movement somewhere around V9).

Picking up Tanna-Mai should provoke an AoO; if Novalis acts first, moving shouldn't, but if it still does, Ringel has Mobility for AC 23 against that AoO.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

The shrill shrieks eminating from Tanna-Mai as the hydra's heads bit into her surprised the young mage. Being attacked wasn't something she was used to. Stand off to the sidelines, cast a spell or shoot her crossbow, then have a laugh -- nothing serious.

But being actually attacked and wounded -- and so soon after the ambush of those mutant ape creatures and the death of poor Limbo -- this little jaunt was becoming less and less fun.
    And then suddenly Tanna-Mai was lifted into the air.

The shrieks suddenly became full-fledged screams. Tanna-Mai's first horrifying thought was that the hydra had yanked her off the very bridge into one of its toothy maws. It took her a few moments to finally realize that an injured Ringel was the one carrying her northward.

"Like, put me down...please? It's not near us now (I hope!) Ohhhh, it HURTS!" Tanna-Mai whimpered. The others were too far away now for her to cast Haste and she didn't dare get too close again. Still, she took a couple of tentative steps closer -- if only to tell if the others had any chance against the hydra -- or if they would be better off just making a run for it like they did.

Show

Move to W11
    (1d20+10)[16] Sense Motive (Assess Opponent CAdv p102)

Spoiler: Statblock
    Show

Tanna-Mai
    F LN Human Beguiler5/Mindbender1//Warmage 3, Level 6//3, Init 3, HP 22/48, Speed 35
    AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, Fort 6, Ref 5, Will 7, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Hand crossbow +1 (300) +5 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
    Silvered MW dagger +2 (1d4-1, 19-20/×2)
    Short Sword +1 +2 (1d6, 19-20/×2)
    Least Crystal of Adaptation Mithral Shirt +1 (+5 Armor, +3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 16
    Condition Endure Elements (from Least Crystal of Adaptation)

Reliable Courier (Message Delivery): Your character's reputation as a reliable messenger is well-known in Drellin's Ferry and beyond. You have advantage on Charisma checks when dealing with individuals who are aware of your courier services. This reputation opens doors to valuable information and opportunities in your adventures.

Treasure Seeker (Vault of Vraath Keep): Having stumbled upon the old map hinting at the hidden vault in Vraath Keep, your character has a keen eye for deciphering cryptic clues and an insatiable thirst for treasure. Once per day you can cast detect secret doors as a spell like ability.

Mindsight: A creature that has this feat can detect and pinpoint beings that are not mindless ( 50ft range intelligent mobs only) within range of its telepathy. This works much like blindsense--the creature knows what square each thinking being is in, but it does not see the being, and the being still has total concealment unless the creature can see it by some other means. The creature also perceives several observable characteristics about each being detected with mindsight, including the being's type and Intelligence score. The creature need not take any additional or special actions to gain this information; it is as obvious to mindsight as the being's race and clothing would be to eyesight.

Elation (persisted, from Michael): +2 str, +2 dex, +5 any and all speeds (morale bonuses)

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Telrayel rushes towards the side, trying to get sure footing and get a feeling for the battering rain.

Thankfully Ringel got Tanna-Mai out of the way for the elf to have a more clear line towards the enemy.

Show
    Move towards T22.

Attack against Hydra: (1d20+9)[27] (-4 ranged attacks factored in)
    Damage against Hydra: (1d8+10)[13] and Skirmish (4d6+2)[18]

Activate skirmisher boots for another attack.

Attack against Hydra: (1d20+9)[13] (-4 ranged attacks factored in)
    Damage against Hydra: (1d8+10)[16] and Skirmish (4d6+2)[12]

AC is currently 25.
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2024-04-02 at 03:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

DAY 1
    Weather: Raining
    Time: Afternoon-Evening

Blackwater Causeway

Novalis leaps into action, moving across the causeway, he bates one head of the Hyrda to attack him, which it does, but manages to smash it's own head into a concussive state, the massive fanged thing rises up, it's eyes rolled back into it's head. [1 hydra head is stunned]. Meanwhile he manages to strike it not once but twice, scoring clear mighty wounds upon the beast. [Takes 25 damage]

Ringel sets her jaw and goes to work, picking up Tanna, the Hydra see's another opportunity and strikes! Again, the head of the Hydra must have been seeing out another set of eyes, as this head also smashed into the causeway, making the whole thing shake and creak, the head rises up, like it's brethren with eyes glossed over. [1 hydra head is stunned][Takes 16 damage]

Telrayel comes in shooting arrows at the thing, managing to skewer a head with a well places shot. [Takes 31 damage]

The Hydra, beaten, confused, several heads limp, roars in anger, heads come crashing down around Novalis!

Spoiler
    Show

Hydra moves up onto the causeway to get within striking distance of Novalis (10ft reach)

5 attacks vs Novalis
    Attack 1 - (1d20+10)[27]
    Damage 1 - (1d10+4)[11]

Attack 2 - (1d20+10)[17]
    Damage 2 - (1d10+4)[8]

Attack 3 - (1d20+10)[30]
    Damage 3 - (1d10+4)[7]

Attack 4 - (1d20+10)[25]
    Damage 4 - (1d10+4)[13]

Attack 5 - (1d20+10)[29]
    Damage 5 - (1d10+4)[7]

Rain
    Reduces visibility ranges by half, resulting in a -4 penalty on Spot and Search checks. It has the same effect on flames, ranged weapon attacks, and Listen checks as severe wind.

Severe Wind
    In addition to automatically extinguishing any unprotected flames, winds of this magnitude cause protected flames (such as those of lanterns) to dance wildly and have a 50% chance of extinguishing these lights. Ranged weapon attacks and Listen checks are at a -4 penalty.

Map
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2024-04-02 at 04:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Its fangs came gashing, flesh ripping. But the knight had steel and an iron will, he stood against the challenge

Sang Mayhem mockingly as Novalis was gashed as a rag doll.

This beast was mighty, but Novalis had some tricks up its sleeve. He knew the heads were the main objective, but he lacked fire and and he lacked Time Cleaving the body would have to work.

He took a step and drove his sword pommel-deep into the creature's chest seeking the heart of the monster, he knew the deadly blow would only be temporary until they could burn the hydra! So he moved across the battlefield away from the Hydra.

Show
    5'foot step.
    Strike of Defeat: rolled a 28 attack in discord then rolled 16 + 40 damage.
    Swift action: Grim news to move my speed as swift action 50' away from the creature.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Novalis blade is true, and sinks deep. Deep into the Hydra's chest, it pierces the massive beasts heart, exploding and pushing Novalis back several feet to land in the swamp with a loud *thwack*, which is then accompanied by the individual heads of the mighty monster smashing into the swamp, causeway and river as it's lifeblood rushes into the water and it's eyes go blank.

With but a blink, the causeway is silent again, only the ripples of the causeway on the water, and the tepid sound of the irrepressible surrounding woodlands.

Steam rises from the bulk of the beast, which was laid stricken across the causeway, blocking it at the southern entrance. Checking the corpse you find a mysterious item.

Spoiler
    Show

Hydra's Soulstone

Description: The Hydra's Soulstone is a rare gemstone that forms within the heart of a seven-headed hydra, a crystalline manifestation of its life force and regenerative power. This gem is the size of a large marble, with layers of swirling green and blue hues that seem to move and pulsate with an inner light. The Soulstone is warm to the touch, and holding it, one can feel a faint heartbeat, a lingering echo of the hydra's vitality.

Powers:
    -Fast Healing (Ex): The gemstone grants the wielder Fast Healing 17 for 3 rounds, once per week. When activated, the wounds of the wielder close at an astonishing rate, mimicking the hydra's legendary regenerative abilities. This power activates automatically when the wielder is below 50% of their total hit points.
    Constitution Enhancement: While in possession of the Hydra's Soulstone, the wielder gains a permanent +2 bonus to their Constitution, a gift from the hydra's incredible resilience.
    -Serpentine Communion (Su): The wielder can communicate with reptilian creatures once per day for up to 10 minutes. This ability allows for understanding and being understood by reptiles, fostering an unusual bond between the wielder and the scaled creatures of the world.
    -Echoes of the Hydra (Su): Once per week, the wielder can tap into the dormant power of the Soulstone to summon two spectral hydra heads that fight alongside them for 1 minute. These heads use the wielder's attack bonus and deal 1d8+Constitution modifier in piercing damage for each successful attack.

Curse: Thirst of the Hydra. The Soulstone's energies are not easily controlled. The wielder finds themselves afflicted by an insatiable thirst, a metaphorical representation of the hydra's hunger. If the wielder fails to drink significantly more water than usual, they suffer a -1 penalty to all attack rolls, skill checks, and saving throws until their thirst is quenched.

Origin: The Hydra's Soulstone is not made but born, a rare gem that forms within the heart of a seven-headed hydra that has lived for centuries, absorbing magical energies from its surroundings. The death of such a hydra causes the Soulstone to be expelled from its body, retaining much of the creature's power. It is said that only those who have proven themselves in battle against a hydra can claim the Soulstone, and even then, the stone judges whether the victor is worthy of its power.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2024-04-05 at 03:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Novalis who had dispatched the beast was also heavily wounded. Telrayel strode towards him, laying a hand on his shoulder.

You're fine? Can you still cross over? It took a beat till Telrayel added a You were pretty great out there. Really nice cleaving. That's what humans tell each other, right?

Spoiler: OOC, Novalis
    Show
    Use two charges from my healing belt, used one after another.

(4d8)[8] healing

Telrayel checked the mighty beast. It had a lot of good scales and flesh but sadly they really didn't had the time to harvest it. Telrayel broke out an especially mean teeth as a memento at least and took a shiny stone that he found near the hydra though.

After checking on Jorr and his hounds the elf brought the stone to Novalis.

I found that near the hydra, do you want it? I know you don't want to have a lot of things, I wasn't sure if a stone is alright with you.

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

10. - Top - End - #160

More than out of her depth, Ringel reacts to Tanna-Mai's comlaints with a rappid succession of You're alive! And I'm sorry! I panicked! What's that… – only for the heads thing to be… Stabbed to death, by Knight Novalis, with one casual thrust of his weird rusty sword. Ringel raises and drops her arms. How did you do that?! she trots over to poke the body with her pointy stick in confusion. How did he do that? she looks back at Tanna-Mai over her shoulder, trying to collect herself somewhat. And, um… Do you need help? I can swim in or… Something. she adds, at last, catching herself staring quite unhelpfully at the headsthingslayer.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

The blood of the hydra an the blood of Novalis mixed under the falling rain, his wounds were great, his bones broken, exposed through the shadow armor as they broke through the illusion.

The good war-king first drew
    his sword, the old heirloom,
    with its edges not blunt; terror was with each
    of the hostile two from the other.
    Sorrow chanted.

Novalis regained his foot leaning on Telrayel hand and then on his old heirloom: An ancestral sword, humble of shape but of reliable steel. Then he approached the multiheaded beast.

I must have cleft its heart with my piercing beauty. He spurted as his sole answer, and the effort tinted his teeth with blood from within.

I may need some rest. If the agenda can be delayed. I had heard the woods here were deadly, Now I know they weren't exaggerating. I can't take no loot nor treasure, whether stone or gold.

12. - Top - End - #162

Ringel skirts around the dead thing with great care, still somewhat unsure it won't juts bite more of her off. Honsetly speaking, Novalis's stab was more convincing than his explanation. I bet I could carry you, Knight Novalis! she offers the knight, nevertheless, putting the ranseur down for long enough to just gently grab him by the shoulders and lift him onto the causeway. Unless that'll make you bleed more? Or faster. By the look of things, it probably would too.

Show

Interesting fact: R. is a full inch shrter than Novalis, but with Elation, even he is only light load for her.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2024-04-03 at 10:23 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Tanna-Mai blinked.

Knowing full well that fighting the multi-headed monstrosity would have been a death wish if they all stuck around, Tanna-Mai was just about ready to scream out the Very Helpful Idea to RUNFORYOURLIVES!strategically withdraw across the bridge as fast as possible to the others when suddenly said death wish was itself Very Much Dead, courtesy of Novalis.

Tanna-Mai blinked again as Ringel asked her question. "I--I'm, uh, not exactly sure...hooph! She flinched as she took in a breath. Time to fix herself up before her wounds attracted another threat.

Spoiler: Action
    Show

Use two charges from my healing belt on myself, used one after another.
    (4d8)[22]

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Telrayel shifted himself to take a bit more of Novalis weight towards himself to steady the knight, he seems more wounded than the elf initially thought and spared a bit more healing to the warrior.

Spoiler: OOC, Novalis
    Show
    Last charge of Healing Belt, (2d8)[9]

Telrayel understood Ringel's confusion on the demise of the frightening beast, he himself could only see what Knight Novalis did, because he was focused on the multi-headed beast too. With unwavering confidence the elf answered.

He attacked it.

The comments about piercing beauty confused the elf. He didn't find Novalis that beautiful and he clearly used a weapon and did not flash his beauty as a finishing blow. It must be some kind of human thing that he didn't understand.

Telrayel wanted to help Ringel carry Novalis but after a look at her muscular arms and the ease in which she carried Tanna-Mai... She would probably be able to carry Knight-Novalis without him.

I think we should get closer to the fort before we should take a rest. Do you think you can hold on till there, Novalis?

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

By the wings of friendship carried
    the knight became a fool...

Sorrow started chanting, but Novalis would not have it. Not with these folks around. He gathered himself, his shadow armor torn to shreds and a wide grin across his face.

There will be no need for you to carry me, Ringel of the Enekos. Nor for you to worry more, Telrayel. Let me wash these wounds you have magically sealed from the blood of both man an beast and let us be gone.
    Frankly, Jorr, I don't know how you keep your dogs alive out here!

He took of his ragged shirt and washed himself in the water. Long freshly closed wounds still bled some when he summoned his shadow armor again.

There. No one would suspect underneath the armor lies the mangled body of a corpse. I'm going to need a horse.

He summoned his phantom steed and mounted.

By the wings of friendship carried,
    the knight became a fool...

He mumbled, mocking Sorrow in his head.

16. - Top - End - #166

The offer stands whenever, Knight Novalis of… Of the… what is he, again? Something something planetouched something, but it would be very rude to get it wrong. He even knew what kind of Ogre Ringel is! She better just pretend she never meant to finish that sentence. One more thing before you ride off on the weird horse, though. she adds quite unneccessarily fast; not that it helps much: the weird horse creature is just inviting compariosns with poor Limbo, and that will sting for quite a while. How long has that wagon been sitting there, Master Jorr? Maybe… Maybe it's somebody's from around here. I just… she shakes her head lightly. I just kinda think if this was the heads thing Knight Novalis stabbed with his cleaving beauty someone somewhere might need to know. Deserve to know, too. she glances at Tanna-Mai and Telrayel for support. She is in the same business as Ringel; and he can probably just run over there on the water and check, after all.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"I mean, with the hydra dead, it should be safe to check out now." Tanna-Mai said in a shaky voice. She hadn't "sensed" anything like someone using it for an ambush earlier -- but maybe the hydra had already nommed any potential brigands or hobs. Or whoever actually owned said wagon. "Just to check if there's, like, a merchant or guild mark on it. No -- no corpse stuff, right? Something we can tell the town when we get back..."

The emphasis was more to keep herself steady than for the others.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Novalis confused Telrayel, when he thought about it he was probably the most confusing of them all. He was clearly no corpse and probably not undead or his healing would have killed the knight of. At least he felt fit enough to ride. Telrayel thought about saying And what would they even think when the corpse fought them? But he was still not sure what non-elves would find uplifting.

Regarding the wagon he began to strode towards it, then stopped himself apruptly and told Ringel I'm gonna take a look. And hushed over towards the overturned wagon, even in the fresh bog of the swamp leaving no trail.

Show
    Checking out the overturned wagon.

Search: (1d20+11)[30]

Spot: (1d20+12)[18]

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

DAY 1
    Weather: Downpour
    Time: Evening

Blackwater Causeway

Jorr stares at the speaker, his brows furrowed in a mix of irritation and disbelief, the corners of his mouth twitching downwards. The remnants of the battle still smoldering around them, he kicks at the ground, sending a small cloud of dust into the air. With a snort, he responds, voice thick with a gruff accent, "Keep my dogs alive, you say? I ain't runnin' a nursery here. It's simple: the weak perish, and the strong survive. These dogs," he gestures vaguely towards his companions, "they're survivors. They know the Witchwood's no playground."

His gaze hardens, and he steps closer, the smell of the recent skirmish still clinging to him. "You want to survive out here, you've gotta be more wolf than sheep. More," he pauses, searching for the words, "more claw and fang than bark and whimper. My dogs, they earn their keep, tearing into goblins and worse. So don't you fret about my dogs. Worry 'bout keeping your own hide intact." Jorr's voice carries a biting edge, a stark reminder of the brutal reality of the wilderness they all face.

The rain beats down ever pouring, every damp, thudding down upon you and the puddles surrounding.

Jorr squints towards the darkening sky, the rain plastering his hair to his forehead. He grunts, a sound that carries a certain finality, as if he's already made up his mind about the folly or wisdom of what they're contemplating. "Headin' to Vraath Keep now, in this downpour? You've got more guts than sense," he says, his voice rough, like gravel being ground underfoot. He pulls his cloak tighter around himself, a futile gesture against the persistent rain.

"Listen," he continues, leaning in closer as if to share a secret with the relentless wind and rain as his only witnesses, "Vraath Keep ain't no cozy inn where you wait out the storm. It's a cursed place, full of shadows and worse things than shadows. If you're set on going, know this: the dark and the rain won't be your only troubles. But," he pauses, a smirk playing at the edge of his lips, "if you're determined to make such a foolhardy trek, then at least let the darkness cover your approach. Better to slip in unseen than announce your arrival with every squelch and splash."

He steps back, arms crossed, a look of stubborn resolve etched into his features. "But don't dally. If you're going, then go with purpose. The night won't wait for you, and neither will the dangers lurking in that ruin. Just remember, I warned you. Vraath Keep ain't no place for the faint-hearted, especially not on a night like this."
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Aside I turn to the holy, unspeakable, mysterious Night.

Recites Novalis from atop his shadow horse.

Jorr, you are right. We should perhaps wait for the Night to provide us with the mystery of its cover. But we shouldn't rest here. The miasma of the swamp carries illnesses, and the corpse of the Hydra is bound to bring beasts that would only distract us. We may find shelter from the rain in the forest ahead.

Novalis made his way through the Causeway.

He plough the still virgin lands to sow.
    But what he thought untouched already sprout death and woe

Murmured Darkness the quietest of the voices, and the most difficult to ignore.

21. - Top - End - #171

Ringel looks at the dead Hydra, then Jorr, and then the road ahead. And somehow seems to shrink away from all three at once. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to own the place or put the Goblins there or want to go there all that much, let alone squelch and splash, it's just… We want the Ferry safe and I'm big. she explains apologetically to the hunter, while giving Telrayel, returning empty-handed, a one-armed sidehug of appreciation for his effort. But, um… she leans somewhat towards Jorr, making sure she keeps a polite and cautious distance. If you need Knight Novalis poached from that saddle before he'd ride off too fast to follow, just say.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"Like, aren't hobs night-time critters anyway or something?" Tanna-Mai asked, trying not to sound nervous. Getting away from this damned causeway and making progress to the Keep was a Good Idea -- but if the hobgoblins could see in the dark, she worried how well waiting until night would work out for them. Still, she hurried as best as she could to keep up with the others.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Telrayel took his time with checking the half-sunken wagon, even trying to touch the wood under the mire to feel something out but it seems there really wasn't anything there. Perhaps the hydra used it as bait? Telrayel stayed a bit longer and when he returned he had the stone of the hydra weaved into his hair, together with some feathers, wodden beads and leaves that made for a workable camouflage.

I haven't found any... When Ringel hugged him the hunter returned the gesture, before giving his own opinion towards Jorr.

We could use the rain as cover to get closer to the keep, perhaps find a place to rest and then go there in the morning, because it seems to be more dangerous at night than throught the day?

Telrayel kept his erratic scouting pattern but stayed way closer to the group than before, his ears and eyes sharp and also looking for a place to rest.

Show
    Search: (1d20+11)[30]

Spot: (1d20+12)[31]

Survival: (1d20+10)[23] To find shelter.

Listen: (1d20+12)[25]

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

As much as Tanna-Mai wanted to rest (and maybe heal up a bit more), she had to ask the question.

"If we make it the Keep, do we even have the time to take a rest? If those hobs are really as big a threat as the town's council are saying..." Her voice trailed off in concern.

25. - Top - End - #175

And isn't it kind of on the rude side to call them hobs? I mean, I know they are bad guys, but I think we aren't supposed to be? Ringel wonders aloud and unhelpful in the background, scratching her right earlobe with her left hand. Either way, I can see just fine at night, and I think… So does Knight Novalis, maybe? But I'm all for sleeping some somewhere safe-er before we get into something very bloody again. Just do note that I reportedly snore.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

If anything, I see too well at night. And rarely close my eyes.
    We wont' be at disadvantage. Personally, I'd trust our elven friend finds a nice place to rest a few hours, and maybe survey the surroundings of the keep. And we can move in closer to dawn, while still dark, we can avoid the night terrors

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

DAY 1
    Weather: Downpour
    Time: Late-Evening

Blackwater Causeway

Jorr's eyes scan the rain-soaked surroundings, his gaze lingering on the dim path that leads further into the wilderness. He seems to weigh the options, considering the grim weather and the weary state of the group.

"Alright, listen up," Jorr finally decides, his voice cutting through the sound of the rain. "Pushin' through to Vraath Keep in this mess might be brave, but it ain't smart. We need to hold up for the night, rest up proper before tackling what lies ahead."

He gestures toward a barely visible trail veering off the main path. "There's a spot not too far from here, an old ranger’s hut. It's been abandoned for some time, but it'll provide shelter from this damn downpour. Ain't much, but it’s solid enough to keep us dry and out of the wind."

With a decisive nod, he leads the way, his steps sure even in the slippery mud. "It's tucked away good, used it myself a few times when the weather turned foul like this. We can make camp there, dry off, and get a decent night's rest."

As he walks, Jorr keeps a vigilant eye on the surroundings, his demeanor suggesting he's as prepared to encounter wildlife as he is to face off against more supernatural threats. "Stay close and keep your wits about you," he advises over his shoulder. "This weather's likely stirred up more than just the creek."

With Jorr’s guidance, the group trudges through the thickening mud, their spirits buoyed slightly by the promise of a dry place to rest. The old woodsman’s knowledge of the land proves invaluable, offering not just a respite from the storm but also a strategic advantage for the challenges that await at Vraath Keep.

Spoiler
    Show

Ok, you can rest for the night
    Do you set a night watch? and if so, what are the shifts?
    You can light a fire if you wish.
    How long do you take for downtime?
    Normal HP healing for downtime etc.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2024-04-18 at 03:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

28. - Top - End - #178

…and I sometimes roll about after a bad day too, and I'm kind of heavy, so you don't want to sleep too close either, because it was kind of a really bad day. Ringel drones on, starting to fidget with the healing stones on her belt. For her part, she sees the issue as otherwise settled. Telrayel finding them a good camping spot would have been nice as well, of course, but the Elf seems to like sleeping in the weirdest of places, so the prospect of an actual roof and some dry space underneath that is more than one can hope. But that's all. Let's go sleep some. I feel like I might drown simply by breathing this rain at this point. she ambles forward, smiling at Jorr in gratitude for his insight and proposal – whatever the gruff old man meant by rain stirring up things other than other water. She'd figure things hide and try to keep dry when all the rain is falling like that. She'll have to ask Tanna-Mai. Or Telrayel, rather.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"Being able to restore some of my magic would be nice..." GAWDS! Girl, you were as useful as tits on a bull today... "...but yeah, watches and stuff. Like, I don't mind doing first or last, so long as I can hopefully get eight hours in if ya need me...

She rubbed her arms, whether it was to get the wet off herself or to reassure herself, who could say?

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I can take the first watch. I have a lot of trouble falling asleep anyway.