New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Lost Mine of Phandelver - Gundren's Ward

After preparing her spells for the day, Maria decides to follow the party. She is very interested in these Redbrands and was looking forward to magically zonk them. She does not complain and simply follows Lonnie inside.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

Sigrún Bonegrinder
    Goliath Barbarian 1
    HP: 15/15, AC: 15
    Conditions: None
    Rages: 2/2
    Stone's Endurance: 1/1

"You do not need to be more than you are and you are a slave no longer," Sigrún says to Netish, "No one will own you ever again."

She then walks into the bar, finds the biggest and scariest guy in the room and sits down next to him to show him what a real big and scary person looks like. "Hey, been up to much?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidation check: (1d20)[18]
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

Sildar nods in agreement to Sigrun's words If you're looking to use your time as a gladiator to help you blend in, play bodyguard for Maria. If anyone gets near her, give them the same look you give an opponent in the arena. Otherwise you don't have to say much, just growl. He steps inside after giving the rest of you a minute to settle and goes to an empty table near the back.

The Sleeping Giant is far from the nicest bar any of you have been to. The ceilings are low and the smell of stale beer hangs in the air. Perhaps its nicest accommodation is the low light from the fire, which you suspect hides the true filth of the place from its clientele. There are only seven other people in the room: A surly looking dwarf woman tending the bar, a large, scarred half-orc man hunched over a meal, and five humans in red cloaks seated at one of the tables. The dwarven woman eyes each of you as you come in, but pays no heed otherwise until you get to the bar. The humans don't pay any attention to Smelkie, grumble amongst themselves when Lonnie and Maria enter, and seem to tense somewhat when the barbarians and Sildar arrive.

At the bar, the dwarvish woman serves Smelkie an exceptionally bitter ale and regards Lonnie with an incredulous look, glancing over her shoulder to Maria For the pup? Don't serve anything like that here. Unless you want some of Edermath's cider. I've got a few bottles of that left, I think She reaches under the bar and produces a bottle that looks much nicer than its surroundings, labelled simply Edermath Orchard, Phandalin, Est. 1441.

The half-orc doesn't look up until Sigrun sits down, his face settled in a scowl Eating breakfast. What do you want, goliath?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

I for one support the Gnoman Empire.

Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand

4. - Top - End - #334

Maria gets the point and stays near her friends, making sure she does not accidentally wander off. She is not interested in drinking or eating since she already did that while she prepared her spells. She is alert and ready for trouble and lets the others talk to the half orc while she listens and observes him closely.

OOC: Insight Check on Half Orc: (1d20+4)[10]

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

Sigrún Bonegrinder
    Goliath Barbarian 1

Sigrún sits with her back against the table, allowing her to face the room. She then turns her head and answers the half-orc, "C'mon don't be like that. My name is Sigrún, not goliath. We get enough of that from twigs like those guys huddled together over there, don't you think?" She nods to the men in the red cloaks.

After a moment she continues "How is the breakfast here anyway? Got any recommendations?"

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by onlie2005 View Post
    Maria gets the point and stays near her friends, making sure she does not accidentally wander off. She is not interested in drinking or eating since she already did that while she prepared her spells. She is alert and ready for trouble and lets the others talk to the half orc while she listens and observes him closely.

OOC: Insight Check on Half Orc: [roll0]
    The half-orc is annoyed at having his breakfast interrupted, that much is clear. Beyond that you're unsure of his general feelings or if he's more likely to ignore Sigrún or attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyzor View Post
    Can I see anything peculiar on those 5 humans while im casually drinking my Ale, like what kind of weapons/armor do they have on them. Anything going on under the table, what they try to hide.
    If these guys are the redbrands, i mean they have red cloaks, then Smelkie has a very high interest in their actions.

[roll0] for perception
    The red cloaked humans don't appear to be really hiding their weapons and armor, so you easily get a glance at their gear. Each is armed with a shortsword and studded leather armor, dyed a deep red to match their cloaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    Sigrún Bonegrinder
    Goliath Barbarian 1

Sigrún sits with her back against the table, allowing her to face the room. She then turns her head and answers the half-orc, "C'mon don't be like that. My name is Sigrún, not goliath. We get enough of that from twigs like those guys huddled together over there, don't you think?" She nods to the men in the red cloaks.

After a moment she continues "How is the breakfast here anyway? Got any recommendations?"
    The half-orc appraises you for a moment before responding You haven't spent much time as an outsider in a small village, have you? he gestures to his plate, which has some form of shapeless grain meal and the remains of a sausage on it Grista only serves one type of breakfast. Eat at your own risk. At that, you see the dwarven woman behind the counter roll her eyes, reach behind her, and toss a hard looking biscuit at the half-orc's head, which he easily catches No one is asking you to eat here, Kresh

At this point, Sigrún's chat has grabbed the attention of everyone in the bar. Sildar frowns and stands, beginning to walk towards the red cloaked humans.
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

7. - Top - End - #337
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Smelkie keeps his position but slowly moves his hand closer to his bow ready to grab it if things go poorly. He is not the kind thats prefers a fistfight, his tableknives are sharpened for these kind of encounters.
    He casually takes a gulp and puts the glass on the counter and chuckles at the biscuit throw.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

Sigrún Bonegrinder
    Goliath Barbarian 1

Sigrún suddenly stops being mirthful.

"Is someone giving you trouble just because of who you are?" she says, clearly processing something she doesn't like to think about, "Point them out to me and we can bash their skulls in together. Nobody should be treated differently just because they're different."

When Grista speaks up, Sigrún returns to being friendly and loud. "I'll have a bowl, too!" she laughs heartily, "When you've survived on the meat of a hippogriff for five days you stop complaining about unusual food."

9. - Top - End - #339

Maria just keeps her eyes wandering and alert. She does not say anything because what is she to say. If there is one thing she has learned is that observing and listening discreetly more or less brings more information than talking and asking. At least that was what her father used to say.

OOC: Insight Check on Everyone on Room especially the Red Cloaks:(1d20+4)[20]
    Perception Check on Anything Unusual or Strange Behaviours in Room:(1d20+4)[7]

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phyzor View Post
    Smelkie keeps his position but slowly moves his hand closer to his bow ready to grab it if things go poorly. He is not the kind thats prefers a fistfight, his tableknives are sharpened for these kind of encounters.
    He casually takes a gulp and puts the glass on the counter and chuckles at the biscuit throw.
    You watch as Sildar begins to make his way to the table, seemingly ready to confront the scarlet-clad figures now that you've confirmed the bar is otherwise mostly empty. All the figures tense as he does, though no one draws a weapon Gentlemen, I had some questions for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    Sigrún Bonegrinder
    Goliath Barbarian 1

Sigrún suddenly stops being mirthful.

"Is someone giving you trouble just because of who you are?" she says, clearly processing something she doesn't like to think about, "Point them out to me and we can bash their skulls in together. Nobody should be treated differently just because they're different."

When Grista speaks up, Sigrún returns to being friendly and loud. "I'll have a bowl, too!" she laughs heartily, "When you've survived on the meat of a hippogriff for five days you stop complaining about unusual food."
    No more trouble than usual. You learn to keep your head down when you move around a lot. He eyes the red cloaked figures and his voice drops to a whisper Those fellas mean trouble of one kind or another. I heard bits of what they were talking about a few times and it sounds like nasty business, but I'm not about to rat on a bunch of armed thugs without friends in town

Quote Originally Posted by onlie2005 View Post
    Maria just keeps her eyes wandering and alert. She does not say anything because what is she to say. If there is one thing she has learned is that observing and listening discreetly more or less brings more information than talking and asking. At least that was what her father used to say.

OOC: Insight Check on Everyone on Room especially the Red Cloaks:[roll0]
    Perception Check on Anything Unusual or Strange Behaviours in Room:[roll1]
    The red cloaks haven't read you all as allies, but they definitely picked up Sildar isn't the type to hang around this sort of establishment. They could be on him all at once if things play out poorly
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

11. - Top - End - #341

Maria keeps alert and says nothing. She does not want any trouble and not really having anything to say, seems like the quiet approach was better. Quiet and listening. She discreetly keeps an eye on the red cloaks and mentally prepares to cast a spell if need be.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

Sigrún Bonegrinder
    Goliath Barbarian 1

Sigrún waits for Grista to bring over some food and she pours it all in her mouth in a single go. "We have shared a meal, have we not? So what are we if not friends?"

She then nods towards the door to Netish, silently asking her to stand by it so that the red cloaks cannot escape.