New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Castlevania II: Dracula's Curse (IC)

Vidrik and Cassandra begin to get swept away by the current. Mustafa and Sabian move to help them. Sabian is able to grab Cassandra and help pull her to shore more quickly. Burdened by his armor, Mustafa tires quickly. He and Vidrik both drift downstream. Unfortunately, the river widens swiftly - the bridge was built at a narrow spot specifically to take advantage of the unusually close distance between the two banks. The cleric and the ranger both make it to the eastern shore, but the broadening of the stream and the swift current means they are a couple of miles downstream. The sun is beginning to set in the west as they land. Everyone is wet from the swim, and the night is growing cool.

Between Vidrik and Sabian's familiarity with navigating in the woods, and their natural darkvision, the two halves of your group are able to re-unite after not too much time, despite the moonlight being mostly blocked by wispy clouds streaming overhead. It is now around 8:00pm.

=> Party
    You are in the northernmost full hex of Denis woods on the map (one north from the bend in the road).
    Will you continue traveling, or make camp for the night (if so, how, what kind of spot do you try to find, watchstanding, etc.)?
    Things published on DM's Guild
    Campaign Logs:
    Baldur's Gate 2 (ongoing)
    Castle Dracula (Castlevania)
    Against the Idol of the Sun (high level hexcrawl)

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sabian Skellegue
    Half-Orc Barbarian
    AC: 21 HP: 27/32
    PPer: 13 PInv: 10 PIst: 11
    Raging: No
    Reckless: No
    Resistances: Necrotic, Fire, Cold
    Conditions: --
    Rages: 2/3

Sabian and the others plunge into the woods, out of sight. Cold, wet, and tired, he says to the others, We have to find a place to hunker down and rest for the night.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Vidrik Oakheart
    Wood Elf Ranger
    AC: 15 HP: 28/28
    PPer: 16 PInv: 11 PIst: 14
    Spell Slots, 1st: 3/3
    Speak with Animals: 1/1
    Conditions:

Vidrik follows the others back to the shore, unsure if this swimming plan will work. First, will the marid attack us anyway, and second, he's not the greatest swimmer. He can keep his head above water, but may not be able to swim faster than the current.

While the marid seems to leave us alone, sure enough, Vidrik is swept downstream. He finds himself drifting further and further away from the others.

Cassandra was with him for a moment, but he sees Sabian grab the woman and pull her to safety. Then, fortunately, Mustafa comes and rescues Vidrik too, but they both get swept downstream before making it to the other side. Once on dry land on the other side, Vidrik coughs out a little water, leaving a little of his pride on the ground as well.

He leads Mustafa back to the others and then agrees that we should set up camp and a watch rotation.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2024-01-13 at 07:25 AM.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Chloé Clement
    High Elf Alchemist Artificer
    AC: 17 HP: 19/24
    PP: 13 PIv: 15 PIs: 11
    Concentrating:
    Experimental Elixir: Swiftness (Exp.)

Chloé's quietly surprised that she manages to swim her way through, but she puts it down to luck and a desperate desire to not be wet anymore. "I can make a fire. Rest...rest would be good."

Part of her wants to keep going. Not through any real plan or want to move, but more the desire to not fall still, because then she has to think about what's happened, about the faces she'd seen at the Order who were now almost all certainly dead. About how close they'd come to ending up the same weight. The Decanter at her side feels heavier at her waist, as the burden properly begins to settle in on her shoulders and heart.

Spoiler: Servant Statblock
    Show

PB=2

Tiny construct
    Armor Class: 13 (natural armor)
    Hit Points: 6 (1 + your Intelligence modifier + your artificer level (the homunculus has a number of Hit Dice [d4s] equal to your artificer level))
    Speed: 20 ft., fly 30 ft.
    STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
    4 (-3) 15 (+2) 12 (+1) 10 (+0) 10 (+0) 7 (−2)
    Saving Throws: Dex +2 plus PB
    Skills: Perception +0 plus PB x 2, Stealth +2 plus PB
    Damage Immunities: poison
    Condition Immunities: exhaustion, poisoned
    Senses: darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10 + (PB x 2)
    Languages: understands the languages you speak
    Challenge: —
    Proficiency Bonus (PB): equals your bonus
    Evasion. If the homunculus is subjected to an effect that allows it to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, it instead takes no damage if it succeeds on the saving throw, and only half damage if it fails. It can't use this trait if it's incapacitated.
    Actions
    Force Strike. Ranged Weapon Attack: (+5) your spell attack modifier to hit, range 30 ft., one target you can see. Hit: 1d4 + 2 (PB) force damage.
    Reactions
    Channel Magic. The homunculus delivers a spell you cast that has a range of touch. The homunculus must be within 120 feet of you.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

Master Homebrew Index (5e)

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Cassandra Hartdegen
    High Elf Wizard Bladesinger 3
    HP: 17/17, AC: 15
    Conditions:
    Spells: 1st - 0/3, 2nd - 0/2
    Bladesongs: 0/2

"We should probably avoid drawing attention to ourselves with fire and smoke," Cassandra says, "But we can use a little... prestidigitation... to keep the group warm for a little while."

She then turns to Vidrik, "You'd be the best for finding a secluded place to rest, so do you have any ideas?"
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

]
    Chloé Clement
    AC: 17 HP: 19/24
    Concentrating:
    Experimental Elixir: Swiftness (Exp.)

Chloé hadn't really considered that fire might give them away. She mostly just wanted to dry herself. Her prestidigitation amounted to a box of cleansing powders for the most part, a small container of minor tricks that had never graduated to being actual concoctions, just the components of them. But if they were useful, that'd be enough. Desperate as she is to sit by a toasty fire (especially one she made herself, to be useful) the caution against it makes sense.

Show

PB=2

Tiny construct
    Hit Points: 6 (1 + your Intelligence modifier + your artificer level (the homunculus has a number of Hit Dice [d4s] equal to your artificer level))
    STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
    Evasion. If the homunculus is subjected to an effect that allows it to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, it instead takes no damage if it succeeds on the saving throw, and only half damage if it fails. It can't use this trait if it's incapacitated.
    Actions
    Force Strike. Ranged Weapon Attack: (+5) your spell attack modifier to hit, range 30 ft., one target you can see. Hit: 1d4 + 2 (PB) force damage.
    Reactions
    Channel Magic. The homunculus delivers a spell you cast that has a range of touch. The homunculus must be within 120 feet of you.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

You make camp for the night. It is a dark night, and surprisingly quiet. The wind rustling in the dry treetops of fall makes intermittent noise, but you're all also tired. Thanks to magic, you're all dry, and warm enough to pass, despite the lack of a fire. If anything is hunting you this night, it does not find you.

At least, not physically.
    During the night, each of you has a dream... a vision of Dracula lounging upon his throne. You recognize him from the books you've all studied. The rest of the room is full of shadows, but the tall, sharp-fanged vampire with pale skin, red eyes, and black armor is clearly visible. He smirks at them. “Did you really think that being dead would stop me? I am the Prince of Shadows, and my reach extends beyond mere flesh. My agents have worked to kill off those who can oppose me for decades, and now move to bring me back to the land of the living. This land is mine, and none who oppose me will find no rest here.”

The dream is unsettling, but your courage and grit sees most of you through. You're pretty sure that it's not directed just at you, but probably everyone in the area that he has claimed and cursed.

Dracula's Curse
    Anyone who wishes to gain the benefits of a Long Rest must succeed on a Constitution save. The DC begins at 10, and increases by 1 for each night that passes. On a failed save, a character only gains the benefits of a short rest, plus enough downtime to prevent accumulating exhaustion.

Only sacred and holy places such as temples provide an aura of shelter against this effect.

Most villages do have a temple that would be Hallowed ground, assuming they survive.

DC 10 Constitution save to benefit from a long rest: Only Vidrik fails this time.

As scions of the Order, you have studied enough to recognize that Dracula is likely on the Plane of Shadows, an intermediate plane between death and the living world. You have no means of planar travel, but as Dracula is “dead,” resurrecting him would force him back to the material plane, where he could be fought while weak from being restored to flesh. This would kill him, banishing him for another century. Bringing back him against his will would require gathering things to act as a material focus. You know that the remnants left behind last time were placed in sealed containers, soaking in holy water, and were dispersed to various locations around the area (the different towers and castles) specifically to make bringing him back difficult. You even know where to find them. Of course, you would also need a more powerful spell than Raise Dead to bring him back.

Or you could wait until whatever plan he has in motion brings him back to the Material Plane on his own terms...
    Spoiler
    Show

Not a huge fan of what I've seen of Netflix CV, but it was the best picture I could find.

Long rest 8 hrs + 2 hours meals/camp set up = 10 hrs. Starts at 9pm, ends at 7am (or maybe my chart is 1/2 hr off in numbering). 1 hour of darkness remains. It's late fall, so days are only 11 hours long, and nights are 13 hours.
    Last edited by J-H; 2024-01-13 at 07:53 PM.
    Campaign Logs:

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

Cassandra Hartdegen
    AC: 15 | HP: 17/17
    Spell Slots: 1st: 3/3 | 2nd: 2/2
    Spells Prepared:
    1st - Shield, Absorb Elements, Burning Hands
    2nd - Misty Step, Invisibility, Flaming Sphere

Bladesongs: 2/2
    Arcane Recovery (2): 1/1
    Active Effects: None
    Conditions: None

During the night, while she kept watch, Cassandra copied Flaming Sphere from the spell scroll she had found. The scroll did not survive the transcription, but Cassandra was happy nonetheless. A spell like that would save lives. Then the nightmare came, the visage of Dracula himself. When she finally awoke, Cassandra felt the Vampire Killer was warm to the touch, like heated metal cooled by time. Did it know about the vision Dracula sent out? Legends spoke of how the whip was sentient in some way, but if it could talk nobody had managed to get it to.

Watching the others stir, Cassandra organises her bag and prepares her spells for the day. She gives the spell scrolls of Cure Wounds and Mass Healing Word to Vidrik and Mustafar respectively and, when the group is settled, she broaches the subject she imagines is on all their minds.

“What are we going to do about Dracula? I was not yet born when Dracula threatened these lands last, but in my youth I felt the impact nonetheless. It took decades for my family to recover from the losses Dracula and his forces inflicted upon them. If he can come back again and again, we-“ she looks at Vidrik and Chloé, “-will have to fight him again and again. We know how to bring him back prematurely, but defeating him like that would only buy us another century and to our kind that is no time at all. I think we need a more… permanent solution, but to find one we would need knowledge. We would need a deeper understanding of what Dracula is and what binds him to this world, what motivates him to try to claim it for himself. Someone must know how to destroy him entirely.”
    Last edited by Infernally Clay; 2024-01-13 at 08:59 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Chloé Clement
    AC: 17 HP: 24/24
    Concentrating:
    Experimental Elixir: Boldness (Av.)

"I...I don't think we have the luxury of searching for a permanent solution right now." Chloé stammers, words unsure, but fingers carefully working their way through her supplies to create another experiment. It helped to relax her, give her something to rely on. "We should focus on getting rid of the immediate problem, to save the lives here and now, and then worry about the next hundred years while we have them to worry about."

Show

PB=2

Tiny construct
    STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
    Actions
    Reactions
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

10. - Top - End - #280

Sabian Skellegue
    Half-Orc Barbarian
    AC: 21 HP: 32/32
    Rages: 3/3

Sabian pauses from his morning weapon drills, We're all in this together, elf or not, he says. I think we continue to Holmwood Tower and see if anyone there can help. Then we figure out what to do next.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Cassandra Hartdegen
    Spells Prepared:

"Of course defeating Dracula and his forces now is the most important goal," Cassandra says, "I just would like for us to... expand our options. I can't imagine that, in the last hundred and thirty years, no one else has researched Dracula's potential resurrection and ways to stop it. Perhaps the Laruba Monastery or the missing Arcane Tower might hold the clues we seek? My own family may yet reveal answers we could use. Even if we must travel to the Plane of Shadows itself and destroy Dracula there, if that is the key to a more permanent solution, then I would explore it, even if there would be no return."

She pauses for a moment. "I'm sorry for being so forward. For a Hartdegen, to die old and to die well are two different things. I may not be as brazen as my family members are but I still believe as they do. I would drag Dracula's soul to Hell even if it meant my own damnation."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Chloé Clement
    Concentrating:

"I don't know - it sounded like most of the Order was happy to rest on their laurels," Chloé frowns, trying not to speak ill of the dead while still being honest with her feelings. "But Sabian's right. We can't plan too far ahead with how little we know. The tower's closest, we should probably make that our first destination. Hopefully they're doing better there than Yomi."

Show

PB=2

Tiny construct
    STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
    Actions
    Reactions
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Vidrik Oakheart
    Wood Elf Ranger
    Conditions:

Vidrik takes his turn at watch and is relieved that there are no attacks. Unfortunately, he doesn't sleep well, nightmares haunting his sleep. In the morning, he gets ready and carves a few more stakes for his crossbow. During the discussion of our long-term plans, he agrees that we should go to the tower.

"Perhaps the monastery could be our next destination. But our plans might change before then. Let's see if anyone is alive in the tower, first."
    Show
    Fortunately, he hadn't used any resources yesterday

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

After breaking camp, you head south towards Holmwood Keep. Sunlight is a welcome sight, shining over the Carpathian range to the east, although the mountains block your direct view of the sunrise, and the large trees filter it out further. Shortly before reaching the road, Vidrik's keen eyes catch sight of a pair of blue-white spiders among the trees about 60 feet away. The spider's bodies are at least four feet long, and their legs span a space at least seven feet wide. They appear to be watching the party, but before he can act, they vanish from sight.
    Spoiler: Nature DC 13
    Show

Phase spiders are known to go "invisible" by transporting themselves to the adjacent ethereal plane, from which they can attack

Terrain: The Denis Woods are hilly, and difficult to navigate when off the path or away from the river. The proximity to the river, rain, and runoff from the mountains has given plenty of moisture to fuel the growth of large trees, as well as brambles, bushes, and saplings in their shadow. Visibility is limited to short distances, aside from the straight lines of the road from the bridge to Holmwood Tower.

What do you do?
    Last edited by J-H; 2024-01-15 at 01:15 PM.
    Campaign Logs:

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Chloé Clement
    Concentrating:

"Phase spiders." Chloé whispers. "We should try to avoid unnecessary battles if we can, but if they do spot us, they can slip in and out of reality, so it's hard to maintain distance."

Show

PB=2

Tiny construct
    STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
    Actions
    Reactions
    [/QUOTE]
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Cassandra Hartdegen
    Spells Prepared:

"As if regular giant spiders weren't bad enough," Cassandra chuckles nervously, "We should circle around, moving quickly and quietly. Spiders rarely stray far from their nest, so these ones shouldn't follow us very far."

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Vidrik Oakheart
    Wood Elf Ranger
    Conditions:

Vidrik picks whichever side of the path seems safest, probably uphill, and leads the others into the woods, trying to get past the spiders without disturbing them.

"Everyone be quiet in case they don't want trouble. But be ready in case they are hunting us."

Show
    Survival for best route (1d20+4)[13]

18. - Top - End - #288

Sabian Skellegue
    Half-Orc Barbarian
    Rages: 3/3

Sabian is mostly quiet as the group travels through the woods. He isn't sure what the vision of Dracula meant, or what they should do, or if everyone at the Order is really gone. He wants to talk with the others, but they have to get to safety first. Suddenly, Vidrik stops the group. He spotted phase spiders ahead, but Sabian didn't get to see them before they shifted away. The group decides to try and maneuver around them, giving the area Vidrik saw them in a wide berth.

Spoiler
    Show
    Help Action --> Vidrik Survival check (1d20+4)[9]
    Stealth (Disadvantage) - (1d20+4)[14], (1d20+4)[23]

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

The party turns and moves away, with Vidrik giving directions quietly. Unfortunately, even with Mustafa's prayers, it's not enough. It's hard to move quickly and presence-concealing way through the woods when your pursuers can simply travel through the trees and bushes in a straight line to catch up to you. With a slight crunching of leaves as it fades back into the Material Plane, one of the spiders appears next to Chloe, its mouthparts already in motion and close to her skin. Luckily, that's just enough, and she manages to duck away from the large predator

Spoiler
    Show

Bite (1d20+4)[6] for (1d20+2)[4] piercing, plus (4d8)[19] poison damage, Con DC 11 half on the poison damage.
    Chloe Con (1d20)[18]+mods

Spoiler: Map
    Show

=>Vidrik
    Last edited by J-H; 2024-01-16 at 11:00 AM.
    Campaign Logs:

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Vidrik Oakheart
    Wood Elf Ranger
    Conditions:

Vidrik moves to get a better angle, and shoots a stake at the spider.

"Let's go everyone. We need to hit it quickly before it phases out again!"

Show
    Move 5 west 1 north
    Attack: (1d20+9)[15], (1d10+5)[13], + BA MH (1d6)[4]

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Vidrik's bolt flies true and deep, causing a deep wound that spurts blue ichor.
    Another spider appears in view, this one attempting to bite the apparently unarmored Cassandra. Its pincers close on her neck, injecting poison. She falls to the ground, unconscious and rigid with paralysis.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack (1d20+4)[24] for (1d10+2)[5] piercing damage, and (4d8)[25] poison damage, Con DC 11 half.
    Cassandra Con save (1d20)[4]+mods

PS1 is in P294:Q295
    =>Chloe, Mustafa, Cass, Sabian
    Last edited by J-H; 2024-01-16 at 11:05 AM.
    Campaign Logs:

22. - Top - End - #292

Sabian Skellegue
    Half-Orc Barbarian
    Raging: 9/10
    Reckless: Yes
    Resistances: Bludgeoning, Piercing, Slashing, Necrotic, Fire, Cold

One of the spiders appears and attacks Vidrik. Sabian, covering the rear, looks around for another spider attack. He hears a commotion behind him in time to see Cassandra slump to the ground, unmoving, and a massive spider looming over her. Cassandra, no!! The Skellegue fury rises in him and he moves to engage the spider.

Spoiler: Turn 1
    Show

Item Interaction - Draw +1 Spear
    Bonus Action - Rage!
    Move - Move to Q-293, adjacent to spider.
    Action - Attack (Recklessly of course)
    Attack - (1d20+6)[14], (1d20+6)[21]
    Damage - Magical Piercing - (1d6+6)[7] + Radiant - (1d6+1)[6]

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Chloé Clement
    Concentrating:

Chloé holds no special fear from spiders. Though many other acolytes at the Church found them disquieting or terrifying, she has a great deal of respect for the venoms they can produce as ingredients.

She'd just really prefer it if they weren't being brought to bear against her and hers. Cassandra falls, but Chloé doesn't have room to intervene or aid. She uncorks a flask and sprays flame at the massive magical spider's feet, aiming to see it gone from her.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Move: None
    Action: Create Bonfire under the spider. (1d8)[8] fire vs DC14 Dex
    PS2: (1d20)[3]+mods

Bonus Action: Servant STRIKE! (1d20+5)[23] Disadv from melee: (1d20+5)[23]
    Damage: (1d4+2)[6]

Show

PB=2

Tiny construct
    STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
    Actions
    Reactions
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

24. - Top - End - #294
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Mustafa the Vampiralgietch
    Human Cleric 3
    PP: 13 PIv: 10 PIs: 13
    Concentrating: --

Despite his formal education in philosophy, theology, algebra and medicine, when it came to hunting monsters, the Vampiralgietch was a soldier first and a scholar second. Dangers like curses, mind tricks or poison not only escaped his understanding, but also terrified him. The mere sight of a monstrous spider sinking its fangs on a comrade was enough to inject a good dose of adrenaline in his blood.

In the heat of battle, Mustafa summoned the most powerful spell he had mastered so far, a spell of fire and destruction and death for all creatures of the night. He raised his Holy Symbol, and from the crescent moon burst a tongue of fire, a scorching ray that flew straight at the spider...

(1d20+5)[13] for (2d6)[7]
    (1d20+5)[21] for (2d6)[9]
    (1d20+5)[22] for (2d6)[4]
    Running Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: IC | OOC
    Playing Dracula's Curse: IC | OOC | Mustafa

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Chloe stands her ground, her flames burning the spider as it presents a target that her metallic servant can't help but hit. Mustafa's holy magic flies true, as three bolts of flame slam into the other spider, badly injuring it (all 3 hit for 20 damage).

Cassandra lies on the ground, unable to move, but Sabian moves to protect her and stabs his spear, glowing with holy flame, right into the spider's head. Only one remains, the one near Chloe. It is badly injured. In an act of spite, it again attempts to bite her, and does so, stabbing its mouthparts past her armor like a pair of poison-injecting short swords before returning to the Ethereal plane, leaving behind a strong stench of burnt chitin and a puddle of blue blood. Chloe falls to the ground, unmoving.

Spoiler
    Show

PS2 vs Chloe
    Bite (1d20+4)[24] for (1d10+2)[8] piercing damage, plus (4d8)[25] poison damage, Con DC 11 halves the poison.
    Chloe Con (1d20)[15]

PS1 is dead. PS2 goes Ethereal. It has 1 hit point left, so you're pretty sure it's not going to be dumb enough to return for round 2.

Chloe and Cassandra are both at 0hp and stable, but poisoned & paralyzed for 1 hour
    => Party
    Last edited by J-H; 2024-01-17 at 11:18 PM.
    Campaign Logs:

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Chloé Clement
    AC: 17 HP: 0/24
    Concentrating:

Being able to experience the spider's venom firsthand was also not on Chloé's list of desired experiences.

Show

PB=2

Tiny construct
    STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
    Actions
    Reactions
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Vidrik Oakheart
    Wood Elf Ranger
    Spell Slots, 1st: 2/3
    Goodberreis: 8/10
    Conditions:

Vidrik pulls some berries out of his pouch, says a short family prayer over them, and feeds one each to Chloe and Cassandra. Normally, these berries would revive someone who is unconscious, but neither of the women stirs.

"The spider's must have a potent poison. I don't know how long it lasts, but we should probably wait here for a bit to see if they wake up."

While the others decide what to do with our poisoned friends, Vidrik goes over to the dead spider and tries to dissect out the poison glands.

Show
    Survival to harvest poison. (1d20+5)[16]

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

Cassandra Hartdegen
    Spells Prepared:

Conditions: Was almost someone's lunch

Cassandra is paralysed!
    She can't move!
    Last edited by Infernally Clay; 2024-01-18 at 11:27 AM.

29. - Top - End - #299

Sabian Skellegue
    Half-Orc Barbarian

Once the group confirms that Chloe and Cassandra are still alive, Sabian is able to relax a little. Nice work everyone, he says to the others, including Chloe and Cass. I've heard of these spiders, but have never faced them before.

He picks up both Chloe and Cassandra and moves them closer together to a space the others can easily defend them, and makes sure they are comfortable. Let's stay alert, with a back to a tree, in case there are any more.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Chloé Clement
    Concentrating:

Between a goodberry, a single potion, and an hour's rest, Chloé's remarkably feeling back to full strength, albeit her clothes have a little tear in them that might need sewing shut later. "I...I'm sorry for getting caught out. I'll try to do better next time." And there would be a next time, she knew.

Show

PB=2

Tiny construct
    STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
    Actions
    Reactions
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC