New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Last edited by NontheistCleric; 2023-11-28 at 10:53 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Set Us Free [OOC]

Reserved in case of need.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Vecta

Spoiler
    Show

Twi’lek Sentinel, Path of Tenacity

Name: Vecta
    Species: Twi'lek
    Class: Sentinel
    Level: 6
    Height: 6'2"

AC 14, HP 66/66

STR 12
    DEX 18 (17 + 1 species
    CON 16
    INT 16 (15 + 1 Feat)
    WIS 16
    CHA 18 (15 + 2 species + 1 feat)

Feats:
    Silver-Tongued
    Increase Charisma score by 1.
    Gain proficiency in the Deception skills.
    When you take the Attack action, you can replace one attack with an attempt to deceive one humanoid you can see within 30 feet of you that can see and hear you. Make a Charisma (Deception) check contested by the target’s Wisdom (Insight) check. If your check succeeds, your movement doesn’t provoke opportunity attacks from the target and your attack rolls against it have advantage; both benefits last until the end of your next turn or until you use this ability on a different target. If your check fails, the target can’t be deceived by you in this way for 1 hour.

Techie
    Increase Int score by 1.
    Gain proficiency in the Technology skill.
    Learn repair droid tech power.

Traits:
    Darkvision (60 feet)
    Natural Antitoxins

Proficiencies
    Languages: Basic and Twi’leki and lekku.
    Armor: Light Armor
    Weapons: Simple lightweapons, simple vibroweapons, martial lightweapons with the finesse property, martial vibroweapons with the finesse property.
    Tools: Artificers Tools,
    Saving Throws: Dexterity +4, Charisma +4
    Skills: Deception +7, Insight +6, Persuasion +7, Performance +7, Lore +6, Perception +6, Piloting +6, Stealth +7, Technology +6,

Features
    Feared
    As a Sith, you instill fear in those who are aware of your standing. Within territories controlled by the Empire, you can often get away with criminal offenses, such as refusing to pay for food at a cantina or cutting through doors at a local shop, since the only people who can hold you to account are more powerful Sith or agents under their direct command. In other civilized environments, authorities will tend to allow you leeway due to the Empire's influence, but this protection does not extend to any Republic territories.

Forcecasting: Forcecasting save DC 15. Force attack modifier +7. 22 Force Points (3x level + Cha).
    Force Powers:
    At will: Mind Trick, Force Push/Pull, Force Leap, Affect Mind, Shock.
    lvl 1 (9): Battle Precognition, Burst of Speed, Force Jump, Force Mask, Force Intuition, Breath Control, Sense Force,
    Lvl 2 (6): Danger Sense, Force Camouflage, Force Blur
    Lvl 3 (2): Force Lightning, Knight Speed

Force-Empowered Self:
    Sentinel: 2nd level
    Your training allows you to harness the mystical energy of the Force throughout your body. You learn three effects: Deflection, Double Strike, and Slow Time. Each effect costs 1 force point and uses a d4, which changes as you gain sentinel levels, as shown in the Kinetic Combat column of the sentinel table. You can only use each effect once per round.
    Deflection
    When you are the target of an attack, you can roll a Kinetic Combat die and add it to your AC (no action required). You can do so before or after the attack is made, but you must choose to do so before the GM determines if the attack hits.
    Double Strike
    When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can roll a Kinetic Combat die and deal additional damage of the same type equal to the amount rolled.
    Slow Time
    When you move on your turn, you can roll a Kinetic Combat die to increase your speed by 5 x the amount rolled until the end of your turn.

Ideals:
    Ideal of the Tranquil
    When you finish a short or long rest, you gain a number of temporary force points equal to half your Wisdom or Charisma modifier (your choice, minimum of one). When you would spend a force point while you have temporary force points, the temporary force points are spent first. All temporary force points are lost at the end of your next short or long rest.

Additionally, as an action, you can manifest this ideal in a brief surge of energy. You regain a number of force points equal to half your Wisdom or Charisma modifier (your choice, minimum of one).

Ideal of the Fighter
    You adopt a particular style of fighting as your specialty. Choose one of the fighting style options, detailed in Chapter 6.

---- Formfighting
    You are skilled at the basics of the known forms of lightsaber combat. You gain the following benefits:

You learn three lightsaber forms, detailed later in this chapter.
    Once on each of your turns, you can draw or stow a lightweapon without using your object interaction.

Three Forms known:
    Niman
    Makashi
    Soresu

Additionally, as a bonus action, you can manifest this ideal in a brief surge of energy. For the next minute, you know the fighting mastery that corresponds with the fighting style you chose with this feature. If you already know that fighting mastery, you instead learn another of your choice for the duration.

Ideal of the Agile
    You gain a swimming speed and a climbing speed equal to your walking speed. When you make a long jump, you can cover a number of feet up to twice your Wisdom or Charisma score (your choice). When you make a high jump, you can leap a number of feet up into the air equal to 3 + twice your Wisdom or Charisma modifier (your choice).

Additionally, as a bonus action, you can manifest this ideal in a brief surge of energy. For the next minute, opportunity attacks against you are made with disadvantage.

Extra Attack:
    Sentinel: 5th level
    You can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.

Ability Increase:
    4th: Feat – Techie

Sentinel Path – Path of Tenacity
    Protector
    Path of Tenacity: 3rd level
    You learn the saber ward force power, which does not count against your total powers known. Additionally, when you cast it, you can spend 2 force points to extend the benefits to creatures of your choice within 5 feet of you while the power is active. The creatures immediately lose this benefit if they move more than 5 feet away from you.

Kinetic Ward
    Path of Tenacity: 3rd level
    You can use your reaction to deflect a strike when you are dealt damage by a melee weapon attack. When you do so, the damage you take from the attack is reduced by 1d10 + your Dexterity modifier + your sentinel level. If you reduce the damage to 0, you can redirect it at another target if you have a weapon capable of doing so. You can spend 1 force point to make a melee weapon attack at a target within 5 feet of you with the weapon, as part of the same reaction. You make this attack with proficiency, regardless of your weapon proficiencies, and if the attack hits it uses your Kinetic Combat die for its damage roll. If saber ward is active, you have advantage on the attack roll.

Credits:
    Equipment:
    Doublesaber, Martial Lightweapon, Properties: Double (1d8 energy), finesse, luminous.

Lightfoil, Martial Lightweapon, Properties: Finesse, hidden, luminous, 1d8 Energy.

Explorer’s pack
    Artificer's implements
    Slicers Kit
    A combat suit and a light physical shield

Alignment: Lawful Dark
    Personality:
    "I idolize a particular Sith, and constantly refer to that person's deeds and example."
    "Exar Kun. The guy had it all and did it all. He took what he wanted. He wasn't the first to develop the saber-staff, but he was the one that refined it and did so with Niman. But that's just the surface; sorcerer, general, conquerer, warlord, sage and warrior. He was everything the Dark Lords would ever want to be, all in one fighting trim figure. Sith come and Sith go, but Exar Kun's name has always remained."

Ideals:
    "Patience. I will defeat my enemies in the end, I'm in no rush. (Lawful)"

"I loved to dance and before my...awakening, I was content to be among the greatest ballerina's on Dromund Kaas, and you're not anyone on Dromund Kaas if you aren't already the best in the Empire, and I only got there by practice, practice, practice. Day in, day out, until I exhibited perfection, and I didn't get it without being patient. Since Gavontra brought me into the fold, I can be so much more, but I will never forget that what I accomplished I did so through perseverance and patience. To think that me, some twi'lek girl from nothing could one day wear the titles of authority and embrace the essence of the Dark Side? I've got so much further to go."

Bond:
    "My loyalty to my master is unwavering."

"I owe Gravontra everything. I know it is not within the creed of the Sith to harbour such personal loyalty, but I don't care."

Flaws:
    "Failure frightens me, and I get desperate if I think I might fail."

"Failure isn't an option among the Sith, especially as an alien. But there are ways around it. Success has many parents, but failure is an orphan afterall."

Appearance:

Vecta is tall and lithe, with a lightly-muscled figure crafted by ballet dancing since she was a girl, with low body fat, endurance and surprising strength. She moves with a liquid grace that has translated into a very effective lightsaber duelist, having shown considerable skill in Makashi and Soresu, but also in the versatile Niman, only she is much more aggressive in its execution. Her skin is a gentle green hue, while her eyes are bright orbs that hold visible intelligence, while her pleasing features allows her to ingratiate herself with individuals or crowds with equal ease, as her natural charm and outwardly easy going nature masks the dangerous woman she actually is. Typically, Vecta dresses in more civilian-like clothes, enjoying the 'common-look' it gives her in allowing her to infiltrate the endless masses of the galaxy. She feels little need to dress in the menacing regalia typical of the Sith, as she prefers deception, intelligence gathering and utilisation of the environment to meet her objectives. And if that fails? Well, she's a very skilled adept in three lightsaber forms, so there's always the direct approach.

Indeed, Vecta isn't above masquerading as a Jedi - she's done it before. Should she believe she'll be required to 'exert' herself, Vecta carries around a quick-bind that she uses to bind her lekku together, so that they don't swing around during a lightsaber fight, given her limber and graceful method of dodges and movements. That could be messy otherwise.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Apologies but I was very ill since Sunday afternoon. I think my character is done:

Spoiler: Gavontra
    Show
    Lorm Gavontra

Human Consular, Bogan Mistress of the Dark Side

Name: Lorm Gavontra
    Species: Human
    Class: Consular 6 / Scholar 3
    Level: 9
    Appearance: Human female, 5'9", 140 lbs., brunette, brown eyes, Sith brand on her back
    AC 12, HP 69/69
    Traits:
    • I see omens in every event and action.
    • Power. I hope to one day rise to the top of Sith hierarchy.
    • I will do anything to protect the Sith.
    • Once I pick a goal, I become obsessed with it to the detriment of everything else in my life.

STR 11
    DEX 12 (+1)
    CON 12 (+1)
    INT 16 (+3, +1 Human bonus)
    WIS 18 (+4, +2 Human bonus, +1 ASI)
    CHA 14 (+2, +1 Human, +1 ASI)

Traits (Human):
    ASI: +2 one ability (WIS) and +1 two additional abilities (INT and CHA)
    Defiant: Humans are known to be stubborn and often refuse to give up, even against the worst odds. When you or a creature you can see that can see and understand you makes an ability check, attack roll, or saving throw, you can roll a d4 and add it to their roll (no action required). Once you’ve used this feature, you must complete a short or long rest before you can use it again.
    Versatility: You gain proficiency in one skill, one tool, and one weapon of your choice (Perception).
    Multilingual: +1 Language

Proficiencies (+4 bonus)
    Languages: Galactic Basic, Twi’Leki, Bothan, Sith, Dosh, Kel Dor and Mon Cal
    Armor: Light
    Weapons: Simple light-weapons, simple vibro-weapons, martial vibro-weapons with the finesse property, simple blasters
    Tools: Artificer's implements, Slicer kits (no Disadvantage), Dejarik (holo-chess)
    Saving Throws: WIS +8, INT +7, CHA +6
    Skills: Deception +10, Insight +8, Lore +11, Perception +8, Technology +7 (no Disadvantage), Investigation +7, Nature +7
    Initiative: +5

Features
    Safe Haven
    As a faction agent, you have access to a secret network of supporters and operatives who can provide assistance on your adventures. You know a set of secret signs and passwords you can use to identify such operatives, who can provide you with access to a hidden safe house, free room and board, or assistance in finding information. These agents never risk their lives for you or risk revealing their true identities.

Feats:
    Alert: (Initiative Proficiency, cannot be surprised while conscious, unseen foes don't get advantage on attacks)

Class Features:
    Academic Superiority: You learn maneuvers that are fueled by special dice called superiority dice (DC16)
    • Superiority Dice: 2d4/4d4
    • Investigate (spend 1 SD to get a +1d4 bonus to Investigation rolls)
    • Body Over Bother (spend 1 SD to change a STR, DEX or CON save to WIS)
    • Perceive (spend 1 SD to get a +1d4 bonus to Perception rolls)
    • Deathseek (When an attack made against a hostile creature that you can see would miss, you can use a reaction and expend a superiority die and roll it to force the creature to instead take the hit. The creature must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, the target takes the minimum damage the attack could have dealt plus additional damage equal to the result of the superiority die)

Critical Analysis: You are able to analyze a creature, develop a plan on how to best overcome any potential obstacle, and execute that plan with ruthless efficiency. As a bonus action on your turn, you can analyze a creature you can see within 60 feet of you. For the next minute, or until you analyze another target, you gain the following benefits:
    • When you analyze a hostile creature, your attack and damage rolls made with weapons with the finesse property or blaster weapons against that target may use your Critical Analysis ability modifier, which is Wisdom, instead of Strength or Dexterity. You must use the same modifier for both rolls
    • When you analyze a friendly creature, the target can end your Critical Analysis on them (no action required) to add your Critical Analysis ability modifier, which is Wisdom, to one attack roll, ability check, or saving throw. Once a friendly creature has benefited from this ability, they can not do so again until they complete a short or long rest

Discoveries: As you adventure, your studies have helped you discover new practices you can apply to your skills. You master two discoveries of your choice. Your discovery options are detailed at the end of the class description. When you gain certain scholar levels, you gain additional discoveries of your choice, as shown in the Discoveries column of the scholar table:
    • Ambassador (+3 languages)
    • Rancor's Disciple (You can substitute Wisdom for Intelligence for your scholar class features, except for other discoveries and Academic Pursuit features)
    • Running on Fumes (You only need 3 hours of sleep during a long rest to gain its benefits, instead of 6. Additionally, if your long rest would be interrupted, you only need to complete the long rest instead of restarting it to gain its benefits. Lastly, you have advantage on saving throws against exhaustion)
    • Tech Amateur (You learn and can cast one 1st-level tech power once per long rest. Your techcasting ability is Intelligence. You require use of a wristpad for this power [Holographic Disguise])

Sage Advice: You can spend 1 minute spreading your knowledge and experience, advising those around you. When you do so, choose a skill or tool you are proficient with and a number of friendly creatures up to your Wisdom modifier within 30 feet of you who can hear you and who can understand you. Once within the next hour, the next time each creature would make an ability check with the chosen skill or tool, they may add their proficiency bonus to the roll if they are not already proficient. A creature may only benefit from this feature once. If a creature is targeted by this feature again before using it, they can choose to retain the first benefit or replace it with the new skill or tool instead. Once you’ve used this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a long rest.
    Expertise: grants Expertise with two skill Proficiencies (Lore and Deception)
    Academic Pursuit: Slicer
    • grants Tech and Slicer kit Proficiency plus these skills can never have Disadvantage
    • You learn 3 tech powers of your choice, and you learn more at higher levels, as shown in the Tech Powers Known column of the Slicer Pursuit Techcasting table. You may not learn a tech power of a level higher than your Max Power Level
    • You have a number of tech points equal to half of your scholar level, as shown in the Tech Points column of the Slicer Pursuit Techcasting table, + your Intelligence modifier. You use these tech points to cast tech powers. You regain all expended tech points when you finish a short or long rest
    • Intelligence is your techcasting ability for your tech powers. You use your Intelligence whenever a power refers to your techcasting ability. Additionally, you use your Intelligence modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a tech power you cast and when making an attack roll with one
    • You use a wristpad (found in chapter 5 of the Player’s Handbook) as a tech focus for your tech powers.
    • Also at 3rd level, when the target of your Critical Analysis is a droid or construct, or wearing or holding a techcasting focus, that creature is a viable target for any tech powers with you cast with a range of touch. Additionally, when the target of your Critical Analysis casts a tech power, you can use your reaction to identify the tech power being cast, and at what level.

Techcasting: Tech save DC15, +7 Tech power attack accuracy, 5/5 Tech points
    Tech Powers:
    At-will: On/Off, Tri-Shot
    L1 Holographic Disguise, Voltaic Shielding

Force-casting
    Force Recovery: Once per long rest regain 10 (Level+WIS bonus) Force points.
    Force-Empowered Casting: You gain the ability to twist your powers to suit your needs. When you cast a force power, you can expend additional force points to modify the power. You gain two Force-Empowered Casting options, located at the end of the class description, and you learn more at higher levels, as shown in the Force-Empowered Casting Options of the Consular table. You can use only one Force-Empowered Casting option on a power when you cast it, unless otherwise noted
    • Heightened Power (When you cast a power that forces a creature to make a saving throw to resist its effects, you can spend 3 additional force points to give one target of the power disadvantage on its first saving throw made against the power)
    • Quickened Power (When you cast a power that has a casting time of 1 action, you can spend 2 additional force points to change the casting time to 1 bonus action for this casting)

Force Shield: You learn how to defend yourself purely through your strength with the Force. When you are hit by an attack, you can use your reaction to shroud yourself in Force energy. Until the start of your next turn, you have a bonus to AC equal to your Wisdom modifier. This includes the triggering attack. You can use this feature twice. You gain an additional use at 5th, 9th, 13th, and 17th level. You regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
    Force Affinity: Bogan: Your dark side power damage rolls gain a minimum roll threshold.
    Tradition: Way of Manipulation:
    • You learn to deftly control your weapons utilizing the Force. As an action, you can initiate your Saber Storm. When you do so, select a light- or vibro-weapon within 5 feet that is not worn or carried by a conscious creature other than you, and use the Force to cause it to levitate, acting as an extension of your will for 1 minute. When you activate this feature, you can cause the weapon to move up to 10 feet and make a melee force attack against a creature within 5 feet of it. On a hit, the target takes 1d8 + your forcecasting ability modifier damage. The type is of the normal damage dealt by the weapon. The weapon then returns to your side.

Your weapon moves with you, and while Saber Storm is active and you have a weapon animated, on each of your turns you can use an action to move a weapon up to 10 feet and repeat the attack against a creature within 5 feet of it. The weapon then returns to your side. Your Saber Storm ends early if you are incapacitated. At any time, you can end this feature and return the animated weapon to your hand. Additionally, while your Saber Storm is active, and at least one animated weapon is within 5 feet of you, you gain the following benefits:
      • You gain a bonus to your AC equal to your Wisdom modifier (minimum of +1) if it doesn’t already include that modifier
      • You gain a bonus to any Constitution saving throw you make to maintain your concentration on a power. The bonus equals your Wisdom modifier (minimum of +1)

This feature can animate more than one weapon when you reach higher levels: two weapons at 5th level, three weapons at 11th level, and four weapons at 17th level. When you use your action to attack with your weapons, you can direct them at the same target or at different ones. Make a separate attack roll for each weapon. At 5th level, the distance your weapon can travel increases to 20 feet. This distance increases to 30 feet at 11th level, and 40 feet at 17th level. You can use this feature twice. You regain all expended uses of it when you finish a short or long rest.
    • When you cast a force power with a range of touch while Saber Storm is active, your animated weapon can move up to its range and deliver the power as if it had cast it.

Consular ASI: +1 to INT and CHA
    Forcecasting: Forcecasting save DC 14/16 (dark/universal). Force attack modifier +7, 28 Force Points, 19 Powers, L3 maximum
    Force Powers:
    At-will: Force Whisper, Enfeeble, Saber Reflect, Force Push/Pull, Pyrokinesis
    L1, 2 FP: Fear, Dun Moch, Sense Force, Telemetry, Slow Descent, Sap Vitality, Force Reflect, Force Current
    L2, 3 FP: Locate Object, Force Sight, Force Concealment, Force Camouflage
    L3, 4 FP: Bestow Curse, Horror

Lifestyle: Comfortable
    Credits: 83,200/100,000
    Weapons: Wristpad (integrated datapad and holo-projector), lightsaber (simple: 1d6, 2d4 used two-handed, hidden, luminous), 10 Plasma Grenades (DC14 vs. 2d10 @ 10' radius; homebase), 2 Remote Detonators (1,000')
    Equipment: Royal signet ring, luxury clothing, combat suit, commlink (hands-free with scrambler), respirator, chronometer, jetpack (at homebase), 10 Powercells (at homebase),
    Origin:
    Lorm was in orphan adopted by wealthy nobles of the Royal House of Alderaan. Lorm received the best education and rarely wanted for anything that credits could buy. Excelling in academics Lorm graduated with honors and was immediately brought into the Galactic Senate as an advisor to the senator of Alderaan. But after just a few days Lorm felt as if she were only being used to data-mine justification for the senator's political viewpoints and requested reassignment to the Senate Intelligence Committee. While the request itself caused a stir among the Alderaan nobles, it was granted and Lorm found herself as a Special Advisor on the Committee.

It was within this period that Lorm was approached by Sith Lord Darth Baras who was acting as "Sith liaison" to the Galactic Senate. Over a period of weeks and repeated contact, Darth Baras turned Lorm to the Darkside of the Force. He recognized her deep anger and exceptional intellect would be of increase to the Sith, while Lorm felt that she could only create effective change within the galaxy by embracing the aggressive methodology of the Sith. Learning the Force from Darth Baras himself, Lorm became an exceptional Sith operative using her scholastic and emerging Force consciousness to dominate reality around her.

While maitaining her Senate position, Lorm is tasked with targeting and eliminating Darth Baras' key opponents which she performs with excellence. Then at the Dark Council when Darth Baras is to move ahead in the order, Lorm reveals everything sh had done to put him in position for promotion. Greatly offended, Darth Baras challenges Lorm to a duel which she wins in a manner that embarrasses her light-saber-wielding master.

Within days Lorm was searching for an accomplice she could turn and teach the Darkside. She had fallen in love with the Force-sensitive dancer Vecta and against her reservations seduced the talented Twi'Lek to the Darkside. Just as Darth Baras had schooled Lorm she educated Vecta in the ways of Force manipulation teaching her the Darkside was not emotional but rather the manifestation of decisive action. Also, Lorm kept Vecta's selection and training a secret from the Dark Council. Unlike a typical "second" Vecta was the moving center of her entire intellectual operation. She would put her in position for success and if things went wrong, stop at nothing to save her assistant. At the same time Lorm tries to control intel about the Sith using a mix of bad and good intel to supplement Galactic operations.

How long can Lorm deceive the Senate? How long can she keep Vecta a secret from the Sith? What is Lorma willing to sacrifice to save Vecta? What would Lorm do if Vecta betrayed her?
    Last edited by Vorpal Glaive; 2023-11-27 at 02:16 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

No problem. We're all subject to the tyranny of our bodies.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

'Tyranny' is correct. Perception:

(1d20+8)[15]

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

double-post with questions:

1. We roll here on the OOC thread?

2. As pointed out during chargen the two can share a spacecraft perhaps gained as a perk of her nobility? Lorm would rather have her own ship instead of relying on Senate or Sith resources if possible. Her personal vehicles would have the credentials of a noble and (maybe) get into sites easier?

Forced to choose otherwise, she'd probably use Sith resources rather than Senate.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

1. As stated in the first post, roll in this thread (but if you want to roll in an OOC spoiler in the IC for something you already wrote a description of in the same post, that's fine).

2. Sure, your ship can be bought with House Gavontra's money. The model still has to be run by me first, though.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NontheistCleric View Post
    1. As stated in the first post, roll in this thread (but if you want to roll in an OOC spoiler in the IC for something you already wrote a description of in the same post, that's fine).

2. Sure, your ship can be bought with House Gavontra's money. The model still has to be run by me first, though.
    Thanks for the quick response. I'm not sure what Tier we get but a Medium-sized Courier built for speed and maneuverability is what I had in mind. I'm open to BananaPhone's thoughts here too.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, if you get to a point where you need to go off planet and you can't decide on a model yet, I'll just give you something appropriate for the setting. You can always get it changed later in the story if you really want to.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Oh crap, I'm so sorry! I thought I was subscribed to this thread but turns out I wasn't!

I will catch up tomorrow.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-11-15 at 07:43 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't worry, we haven't gotten far yet.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Well, if you get to a point where you need to go off planet and you can't decide on a model yet, I'll just give you something appropriate for the setting. You can always get it changed later in the story if you really want to.
    In the rules I have there aren't specific models of spacecraft just type and other modifications. Should I build a ship using those rules? What kind of ship they have impacts Lorm's response to Vectra.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not going to use detailed rules for starships. Just search up 'Star Wars starships' or 'Star Wars Old Republic starships' and pick something you like. They'll essentially just be transport, or a different setting for a scene. We can maybe do a Piloting check or two in extreme circumstances

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

As Lorm is masquerading as a Senator, we probably have her personal Defender-class light corvette.

Alternatively, as she is an Alderanean noble, she could have a space yacht built for beauty, luxury, speed and protection.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-11-15 at 11:32 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    As Lorm is masquerading as a Senator, we probably have her personal Defender-class light corvette.

Alternatively, as she is an Alderanean noble, she could have a space yacht built for beauty, luxury, speed and protection.
    We'll go with the yacht which should have a crew. I'll have a post up soon.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

I need a little more detail if possible so I'll make some checks for Lorm with her using both Sith and Senate databases:

Rolling Investigation (on the transmitted data, Ilsen's daughters and where exactly they may have fled) and Lore (on the daughters, the information they stole and Sith allies various sectors):

Investigation (1d20+7)[12] + spending 1 SD of Academic Superiority for +1d4 Investigation (1d4)[4]

Lore [roll]1d20+11

If the checks succeed she'll use an additional info to better direct Vecta.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Had to reroll Lore:

(1d20+11)[22]

Planet or at least star system they are headed for? The daughters' occupations and relationships? Their transport information? I'd appreciate as much information as the check results allow.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, actually, most of that will just straight-up be in the data Vengean sent you, no checks required. I was just waiting to see if you wanted to open the files with Vecta in the room or keep the details to yourself. However, the Investigation will be relevant for finding out clues to where they went. Give me a Technology roll if you are trying to be discreet about accessing the databases.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Thanks! Lorm would analyze the data in her room briefly before rejoining Vecta:

(1d20+7)[26]

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ye gads, what appaling lack of trust.

You act as if she's a sly, crafty member of a religious order that uses deception among their weapons to dominate their foes or something .

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

lol Lorm needs to *ahem* gather her thoughts regarding this mess. The data is cold (old) and she has to make effective decisions quickly here. Nontheist Cleric, with her Sith association would Lorm know how to put a bounty on someone? If so I can roll for it if needed. Regardless she will transfer the daughters' images and names to an encrypted datacard. The rules for Insight suggest the skill can be used to "get a gut feeling about what course of action to follow" and I'm rolling for that to maybe get a piece of GM advice:

(1d20+8)[24] + using Defiant to gain an additional +1d4 (1d4)[3]

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Gavontra would know that the Bounty Brokers Association is generally approachable for any kind of contract. However, although they try to be discreet, the nature of their organization means they don't have exactly the kind of information security Darth Vengean might prefer her to handle the matter with. If she goes to them, browses through their available hunters herself and picks the right one, maybe.

Gavontra's gut feeling is that there's a ship matching the description of the one the girls took right in Coruscant's spaceport, and that that's the obvious place to start. Unless the ship's Captain abandoned her vessel, she must still be on-planet. The file on the unknown Jedi Knight might also be significant in some way.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

So if I read things right the Ilsen daughters are on Coruscant? Wasn't 100% sure so I'm asking. Thanks for all that info on the daughters!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Well... they might be. A ship that matches the description of the ship they left Dromund Kaas in landed in Coruscant's spaceport two days ago, and it's still there. That's all you know for now. The ship's captain is more certain to still be on Coruscant.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Hey I forgot to post it but Lorm would show Vecta the name and image of the captain too since they're part of all this. Vecta needs to know all the traitors on sight to help find them.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

There is no available image of the captain, but there is one of the slaves. Basically, everything in italic text in the data files is what was actually written, while everything in normal text is either what Gavontra sees in an image or can reasonably infer from the text.

So someone on the Imperial side has at least seen the ship's captain, but they only have a description of her, no image.
    Last edited by NontheistCleric; 2023-11-16 at 02:12 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Vorpal, is there anything you want Gavontra herself to do while she sends Vecta to the spaceport?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Vorpal, is there anything you want Gavontra herself to do while she sends Vecta to the spaceport?
    After she's sure Vecta is ready, Lorm will get dressed and go to the Senate to begin a gambit:
    1. Inform the Senate, SIS and CSF that a reliable asset informed her the Sith are planning to assassinate members of Senate leadership
    2. Upload the images and names of the daughters and their slaves
    3. Investigate CSF police probe and drone footage from the spaceport two days ago to identify the daughters' ship and if they left the facility on foot
    4. Get Senate Intelligence and SIS leadership on "her side" following her advice
    5. Inform everyone that her reliable source is a Twi-Lek female named Vecta will be serving as a "spotter" looking for the daughters at the spaceport. Vecta is to be aided by CSF forces if she requires it.

Investigation (1d20+7)[23] + 1 SD (1d4)[2] to locate the daughters and their captain

Technology (1d20+7)[15] for linking computers to spaceport cameras and searching for images of the daughters AND discreetly checking the system to see if the daughters' stolen data is in the SIS or CSF systems yet

Deception (1d20+10)[29] to manipulate Senate and SIS leadership

I can make a post IC for all this is needed.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Would Senate and SIS resources give Lorm a bonus to Investigation or Technology checks? Like a Group check bonus? Just curious because she's pretty skilled just by herself but bonuses can't hurt.