New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Set Us Free [OOC]

If he fails she'll have advantage in all Charisma-based checks against him.

Persuasion: (1D20+7)[25]
    If advantage: (1D20+7)[27]
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, forgot to include this in the IC, but Vecta can tell the man is trying to seem like he knows more than he does. You beat his Deception on a hidden set of rolls I made.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Wow great rolls BananPhone!

Does Gavontra know Shan? I'm wondering what kind of asset he is; intel, law-enforcement or Sith?

Making an Investigation check to maybe know who he is: (1d20+7)[19]

Also this Black Sun. What does Lorm know of them? Making a Lore check: (1d20+11)[18]

I have to express my level of respect for Nontheist Cleric's storytelling. You are superb!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Gavontra has seen a few Shans on SIS personnel lists, and the man she saw today probably was one of them, since he seemed to be with Trant. It's a fairly common name. This Shan probably wasn't exceptionally competent or incompetent, as she didn't recognize his face.

Black Sun are a syndicate of spice and weapons dealers that gained power in the wake of the Sacking of Coruscant. In this time of a weakened Senate and CSF, they are one of a number of groups that have each claimed certain districts of Coruscant for themselves. Other such groups include the Migrant Merchants' Guild (corrupt merchants) and the Justicars (brutal vigilantes).

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Sorry for not responding to you yet Vorpal, just going to wait until Vecta gets the destination from the tracking device before 'receiving' Lorms call.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Tech toll for determining where it likely is: (1D20+6)[12]

Come'on these garbage rolls.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-11-22 at 10:11 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

She'll get out her slicers kit and try to inspect the vehicle and find it the old fashion way, again starting with where she'll predict it might be placed.

Second technology roll: (1D20+6)[21]

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, in this case, I don't think I'm going to allow a reroll. Unfortunately, the first result of 12 did not turn up anything. The slicer's kit isn't particularly relevant either, since this is basically just finding a hidden object. Vecta could slice it if she found it, though.

Also, searching would more appropriately be Investigation or Perception, but anyway, she didn't find it.
    Last edited by NontheistCleric; 2023-11-22 at 10:37 AM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The booth attendant hasn't even heard rumours of where they're implanted? Like he hasn't been told by a manger or something that all vehicles have devices implanted under the hood or something?

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

He could have guessed, although we're a bit past that part of the scene, but functionally, he doesn't know enough about how the vehicles are maintained that his guess would be better than Vecta's search.

He's basically not involved in any work that is actually done on the vehicles. He can't access even the present tracking data–that would not be the job of the guy at the rental booth.
    Last edited by NontheistCleric; 2023-11-22 at 11:28 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Happy Turkey Day USAers!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Just in case, Banana; what was the fake name Vecta used to rent the vehicle?

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Um

*Brain freeze*

(1d75)[6]

(1d145)[56]

Vanessa Lacroix.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-11-24 at 09:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Do I need to roll to communicate the technological info to Vecta or would Gavontra just know?

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

That depends on what you're trying to know. However, if Gavontra wants to provide meaningful help in finding the tracker, she would have to be on-site. It's more Investigation than Technology.
    Last edited by NontheistCleric; 2023-11-26 at 10:02 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Vorpal, when you say 'returns to Vecta', do you mean verbally replying or actually going to Vecta's location? Sage Advice only works within 30 feet, not long-distance over a holocomm.

I'm also just going to suggest here that you might want to try other courses of action than finding the tracker. There are more threads to pull on to solve this mystery, and I don't want to get too bogged down with this one detail.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NontheistCleric View Post
    Vorpal, when you say 'returns to Vecta', do you mean verbally replying or actually going to Vecta's location? Sage Advice only works within 30 feet, not long-distance over a holocomm.

I'm also just going to suggest here that you might want to try other courses of action than finding the tracker. There are more threads to pull on to solve this mystery, and I don't want to get too bogged down with this one detail.
    No just returning to the call. Edited my post.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

I have a plan. To upend Sith leadership and become the head of the Empire. NC created a crazy scenario that complicates things but the spider knows the web.

Lol Vecta has to be the most amusing anti-Sith I can imagine. I love how BP is playing her but she definitely isn't Vader or Maul. I blame Gavontra training her wrong, blinded by her passion for Vecta. When they meet Lorm will explain her unexpressed frustration.

This is a fun scenario!

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal Glaive View Post
    I have a plan. To upend Sith leadership and become the head of the Empire. NC created a crazy scenario that complicates things but the spider knows the web.

Lol Vecta has to be the most amusing anti-Sith I can imagine. I love how BP is playing her but she definitely isn't Vader or Maul. I blame Gavontra training her wrong, blinded by her passion for Vecta. When they meet Lorm will explain her unexpressed frustration.

This is a fun scenario!

Heh yeah she was meant to be a different type. I based her a bit on Lalo Salamanca from Better Call Saul. You're seeing the 'charming' and personable side to her at the moment, using alternative means to achieve their goals rather than just lightsabering her problems. If Gavontra is trying to keep cover on Coruscant, the heart of the Republic, it wouldn't help to have some brooding psycho for an apprentice that just fills up body bags. She needs to be able to blend in, even with the Jedi having mostly left the planet for Tython.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-11-28 at 08:04 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Just a note: At this point in the timeline, Tython has not been found. The Jedi are mostly scattered and still leaderless since Grand Master Zym's death shortly after the Sacking of Coruscant.

Currently, they appear to have withdrawn from the Republic, and even top Senate leadership has little concrete idea of their whereabouts.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, also, how long did Vecta rent the truck for?

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, Vecta's made it out of the spaceport. Now we just need to see what Gavontra does before meeting her...

What is the established rendezvous? Gavontra's apartment?
    Last edited by NontheistCleric; 2023-11-28 at 10:10 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by NontheistCleric View Post
    Oh, also, how long did Vecta rent the truck for?

Hmmm, about a week?

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, that means you paid the man 9000 credits. Not sure if you noted that down already, but I'll be relying on you two to keep track of your own money

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Vorpal has been missing for a while. Banana, what do you want to do? If you like, we can move ahead with just Vecta and sort of shift Gavontra into the background.

If Vorpal comes back, Gavontra can be taken up again, but the plot may have moved her about somewhat.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm cool with waiting a few days.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, let's give it until, say... The 7th of this month. If Vorpal hasn't posted here or in the IC by then, I'll continue with just Vecta. Unless you'd like to recruit someone else to keep it a duo game?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Vorpal's probably just busy atm, as he came up with a plan to try and take over the Empire. If he has lost his interest then allg, no hard feelings, we can continue.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

I won't be kicking Vorpal out–I just feel that momentum needs to be maintained to keep a PbP alive. So Gavontra will just have to take a back seat while the story focuses on Vecta. She can always be brought back in later if Vorpal returns.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, we're going again. Sorry, I ended up overshooting the 7th myself.