New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [D&D 3.5] [OOC] Destiny's Veil - Chapter 1: Frayed Threads and a Thousand Traces

I do like the name. Although I picked it b/c it shares the first syllable with "tyrant", as a bit of irony b/c he's not a tyrant, but Tyrann is literally "tyrant" without the last 't', lol.

Also, Will save redux: (1d20+4)[21]

Also also, I feel like you've been trying to bait me into running for Isabella and getting skewered by all the soldiers, with how long it's taking them to get her out lol.

Sees will save box: good gods. It got in Tyrell's mouth! *ptew, ptew*
    Last edited by Thokk_Smash; 2023-12-06 at 06:34 PM.
    Saber avatar courtesy of Prime32

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: [D&D 3.5] [OOC] Destiny's Veil - Chapter 1: Frayed Threads and a Thousand Traces

Quote Originally Posted by Thokk_Smash View Post
    I do like the name. Although I picked it b/c it shares the first syllable with "tyrant", as a bit of irony b/c he's not a tyrant, but Tyrann is literally "tyrant" without the last 't', lol.

Also, Will save redux: Rowan Attack - (1d20+3)[23]

Also also, I feel like you've been trying to bait me into running for Isabella and getting skewered by all the soldiers, with how long it's taking them to get her out lol.

Sees will save box: good gods. It got in Tyrell's mouth! *ptew, ptew*
    No, not at all, no bait. But when she was being carried by zombies, they move a bit slow. And you always have to give options, otherwise it's just a railroad haha.

More rolls for this turn:

Rowan Attack - (1d20+3)[23]
    Rowan Damage - (1d6+1)[7]

Miles Attack - (1d20+3)[11]
    Miles Damage - (1d8+2)[6]

Theo Attack PA for 2 - (1d20+3)[22]
    Theo Damage - (1d12+7)[14]

Iris Crossbow Attack - (1d20+5)[18]
    Iris Base damage - (1d8+1)[6]
    Iris Sneak Attack - (1d6)[1]

Nolan Rapid shot 1 - (1d20+1)[5]
    Nolan Damage shot 1 - (1d8+2)[10]
    Nolan Rapid shot 2 - (1d20+1)[8]
    Nolan Damage shot 2 - (1d8+2)[6]

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Enemies:

Soldier W23 v Rowan - (1d20+1)[20]
    Damage - (1d8+1)[6]

Archer AN 27 v Theo - (1d20+1)[18]
    Damage - (1d8+1)[9]

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Spot check: (1d20+7)[24]

Knowledge (Arcana): (1d20+4)[9]

Knowledge (Nature): (1d20+6)[18]

Psicraft: (1d20+4)[21]

Various rolls, rolled!

Oh, also, does that mean Tyrell can also be carrying a single CLW potion?
    Last edited by Thokk_Smash; 2023-12-08 at 08:36 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Spot: enables your other checks to get good info despite the distance

Nature: that lizard looks like it's still comparatively young, if you look it it's dimensions.

Psicraft: the lizard is under the effect of the Expansion power. You think it would be large, otherwise

Edit: And yes that does still put it way out of your CR range. OOC: yes, that is what you think it is.
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2023-12-08 at 08:48 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not sure what to think it is, honestly. But I feel like I should be nervous (more nervous).

Also, does Tyrell have a CLW potion if needed/desired?

Also also, do you think you might have another post in you tonight if I post quick enough?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

He does have the potion.

And I have to go to bed soon, sorry :(

I can post in about 12 hours from now.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Rolls:

Rowan potion - (1d8+1)[2]

Theo potion - (1d8+1)[5]

Finn potion - (1d8+1)[6]

Miles Attack - (1d20+3)[20]
    Miles Damage - (1d8+2)[6]

Iris Crossbow Attack - (1d20+5)[16]
    Iris Base damage - (1d8+1)[3]
    Iris Sneak Attack - (1d6)[4]

Nolan Rapid shot 1 - (1d20+1)[13]
    Nolan Damage shot 1 - (1d8+2)[4]
    Nolan Rapid shot 2 - (1d20+1)[4]
    Nolan Damage shot 2 - (1d8+2)[7]

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Won’t be able to post for a bit, so questions for while I’m out: who’s the fastest of my militia? Is Iris trained in woodcraft like survival and hiding out in the woods?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

My god, the playground dice did not consider this a momentous enough occasion for Tyrell to actually roll well after his attempted epic speech

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Make a charisma roll please (i.e. 1d20 since your cha is +0)

Edit: And yes, this would have been a great time to roll 20's
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2023-12-09 at 07:03 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Charisma roll: (1d20)[12]

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

I'm going to roll a will save for them each to resist the fear/shock of your order. They pass on an 8, because you rolled a 12.

Rowan [roll1d20+0]
    Theo [roll1d20+0]
    Miles [roll1d20+2]
    Finn [roll1d20+1]
    Iris [roll1d20+0]
    Nolan [roll1d20+1]

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Now with 100% better dice roller usage

Rowan (1d20+0)[7]
    Theo (1d20+0)[15]
    Miles (1d20+2)[18]
    Finn (1d20+1)[15]
    Iris (1d20+0)[8]
    Nolan (1d20+1)[5]

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Okay, proposed additional soulmelds from the pact:

Your Everspark Circlet, but with aura of courage instead of just plain fear resistance, and the distance increases by 10' per level. And you can have +2/+2/essentia to charisma checks. Diplomacy is not in play as a skill anyway.

And for the bound effect, let's do inspire courage, as a bard of your level (so to a maximum of +4 at lvl 20). As a swift action when you put in 3 essentia, but then those 3 essentia are locked in after your first usage of that day.

Heart of Fire

Descriptors: Good
    Classes: Incarnate
    Chakra: Heart
    Saving Throw: No

Like a phoenix, fire is every changing and yet always remains fire. Warmly beating in time with your pulse, this soulmeld only becomes visible when you take damage, in the form of veins of fire that knit your form back together as if the damage had never occured.

The Heart of Fire grants you damage resistance against fire equal to twice your meldshaper level. At 15th meldshaper level it grants you immunity to fire damage.

Essentia: You gain 1 fast healing per essentia invested for a number of rounds equal to half your meldshaper level, rounded down, after touching a flame that would otherwise deal damage. This duration does not stack, but is refreshed with a second trigger. For the purposes of activating this effect, allied actions, including your own, do not count as legal triggers if they are made as free actions.
    [So it does trigger when taking damage from a fireball and also when you teleport into fire, but not when you enchant your quiver to deal you 1 fire damage every time you grab an arrow]

Chakra Bind(Heart):
    The living flame merges with your own heart, causing the fiery aspect of your appearance to become more pronounced.

Rather than the normal fast healing, you now get regeneration of the same value per round, which is always active. Furthermore, while this soulmeld remains bound to your heart chakra, you are under the effects of Death Ward.

Flamestrider's Boots

Descriptors: Good
    Classes: Incarnate
    Chakra: Feet
    Saving Throw: No

I'll leave this fluff up to you. Don't want to give you shoes you don't like haha.

After shaping Flamestrider's Boots, you gain the ability to teleport up to 10 feet, as a move action, to any square within 5' of an active fire that you can see, including into the fire itself if you so desire. This includes any flame at all, such as torches, elementals, or even fire arrows in mid air. This effect is explicitly not like dimension door in the sense that you can still take actions after teleporting.

Essentia: You can teleport an additional 10 feet per essentia invested.

Chakra Bind(Feet):
    I'll leave this fluff up to you, too

After binding the Flamestrider's Boots to your feet chakra, you can now teleport as a swift action.

Orb of Fire

Price: unknown
    Body Slot: — (weapon crystal)
    Caster Level: 21st
    Aura: Overwhelming; (DC 25) transmutation
    Activation: unknown, currently active for you
    Weight: —

The Orb of Fire, said to be one of the 7 sacred treasures of Gaia and once wielded by your ancestor Ignatius, grants fire based powers tailored to its wielder.

You gain maneuvers and stances at the same rate a Swordsage (Tome of Battle) would, and you ready them in the same way, too. Maneuvers are not expended when used, and can be used at will.
    You can select maneuvers from the Desert Wind discipline (Tome of Battle) and the Solar Wind discipline (Path of War)

More effects of the Orb of Fire might unlock as you level up.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2023-12-10 at 02:21 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

The bound effect for the Everspark Circlet is sweet! If it requires 3 essentia, though, I can't use it until level 5 (essentia capacity of 2 at level 5, +1 from Incarnate level 3). And it would be a base of +2 to Charisma checks, +2 per point of essentia invested?

Heart of Fire and Flamestrider's Boots both look awesome as all hell, thank you! So the Heart of Fire's effect only occurs if I take fire damage that bypasses my Fire Resistance, then? And does the Fire Resistance stack with the Fire Genasi's innate Fire Resistance? Flamestrider's Boots is super thematic and seem like they'll be pretty useful if I get creative.

Orb of Fire's effects...so good! Nothing to add or change, I wasn't expecting it to be so awesome.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

The bound effect for the Everspark Circlet is sweet! If it requires 3 essentia, though, I can't use it until level 5 (essentia capacity of 2 at level 5, +1 from Incarnate level 3). And it would be a base of +2 to Charisma checks, +2 per point of essentia invested?

Heart of Fire and Flamestrider's Boots both look awesome as all hell, thank you! So the Heart of Fire's effect only occurs if I take fire damage that bypasses my Fire Resistance, then? And does the Fire Resistance stack with the Fire Genasi's innate Fire Resistance? Flamestrider's Boots is super thematic and seem like they'll be pretty useful if I get creative.

Orb of Fire's effects...so good! Nothing to add or change, I wasn't expecting it to be so awesome.
    For everspark circlet the essentia idea was only to use it as a swift action.
    Actually, let's do it like this:
    Bound: inspire courage as standard action
    Bound and 2 essentia (which are locked in for the day after 1st usage): inspire courage as a move action
    Bound and 3 essentia (which are locked in for the day after 1st usage): inspire courage as a swift action

And yes, it's +2 to cha checks, and then another +2 per essentia invested.

--

Heart of fire's effect occur if you would take damage if you had no resistance. So absorbed damage triggers it, too. And yes it does stack with your racial resistance.
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2023-12-10 at 02:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, I see what you meant now. Thanks for the clarification.

Now, off to check out Solar Wind and Desert Wind...

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Actually, maybe I should have asked you instead of deciding to move things along, because for me it really doesn't matter. Do you want to play out the combat again with all the buffs? Or just cutscene it?

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Nah, I'm okay with making it a cutscene. This being the prologue, essentially, I like having a bit more freedom to do things. A bit of an extended cutscene, though, I suppose--I won't do it all in one go, because it'd be cool to see the reactions of his militia to his newfound powers. So I'll narrate a few rounds of clearing out a path then ordering the retreat.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: [OOC] Destiny's Veil - Chapter 1: Frayed Threads and a Thousand Traces

While you lie there to get hit by the fire two things happen.

1) You can make a bluff and a disguise check

2) You feel something hinting at you to teleport into the barn, to hide, under the cover of the dragonflre (which lingers for a full turn, by the way)

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [OOC] Destiny's Veil - Chapter 1: Frayed Threads and a Thousand Traces

Bluff and Disguise, eh? Good thing the Circlet gives me such a major boost to Charisma checks, haha.

Bluff: (1d20+10)[24]

Disguise: (1d20+10)[14]

Tyrell will definitely teleport into the barn, yes.

Edit: I may have forgotten which 'melds I have active and thought I was immune to fire, otherwise I probably would've moved to take shelter in the barn before the dragon hit. Is it too late to retcon that?
    Last edited by Thokk_Smash; 2023-12-12 at 12:14 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Bluff and Disguise, eh? Good thing the Circlet gives me such a major boost to Charisma checks, haha.

Bluff: [roll0]

Disguise: [roll1]

Tyrell will definitely teleport into the barn, yes.

Edit: I may have forgotten which 'melds I have active and thought I was immune to fire, otherwise I probably would've moved to take shelter in the barn before the dragon hit. Is it too late to retcon that?
    You are immune to fire right now (you have the crown and boots shaped and bound at MSL 20 and with 4 essentia each)

RL/work is a bit hectic, I'll try to get a post in for IC later today.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

But neither the crown nor the boots give me Fire Immunity, that's the Heart of Fire that I don't have shaped. Not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth, haha.

And don't sweat being busy! I appreciate the heads up, but please take your time.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Apologies for how long that took. Very much enjoying the game and I'll try to keep posting every day because stalling leads to downwards spirals in PBP, I know that. But delays might happen from time to time when work explodes.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, no sweat. I'm really enjoying the game too, so I'm willing to be patient. I just hope things ease up for you at work, for your own sake!

Knowledge (Nature) DC 15: (1d20+6)[21]

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry for the double post, realized there's another roll I should try.

Since there's no "Athletics" skill in 3.5, I'm going to roll the combined Climb/Jump/Swim, since that's what are replaced by Athletics in later editions.

(1d20+6)[18]

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Oh right, there wasnt an athletics. Thats kinda dumb, because while it's not really a climb or jump thing, dragging a carts isn't really pure strength check either. So maybe let's just rule that athletics is actually a thing from now on.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Is there anything more you'd like to do in the village, or shall we end the scene here?

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

The only thing Tyrell would do now is mournfully look through his family's home one last time. Maybe find an old heirloom that survived the fire. But that's it. I'll try to get the post up today, but it is Christmas Eve so I can't guarantee it. Sorry!