New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: [OOC] Destiny's Veil - Chapter 1: Frayed Threads and a Thousand Traces

No need to rush with posts, it's Christmas. Speaking of which, merry Christmas! :)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [OOC] Destiny's Veil - Chapter 1: Frayed Threads and a Thousand Traces

Merry Christmas to you, too!

(Post coming tomorrow, for sure.)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Alright

With the scene end comes book keeping

- You've leveled up to level 2 (congrats!). Keep in mind, it's full HP per level.

- All the temporary buffs are gone. You can, however, treat your sheet as if you've just had 24 hours of rest and start at full HP.

Also, premature happy new year!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Happy new year! And all the best wishes.

In a surprise round, which this is, every one aware of combat starting gets a standard action and after that you go into the normal turn order. You do get free actions, but no swifts.
    Either way you can keep your attack roll, which is a hit.
    Keep in mind that you will be exposed after the attack, because you don't have an action left to hide again.

If that would have changed your actions, please let me know and roll here accordingly as needed.

Also, please roll initiative.
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2024-01-03 at 02:54 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Happy new year to you as well!

If that's the case, I'd like to Hide in the surprise round before firing, so I have a full attack.

Hide check: (1d20+9)[23]

Initiative: (1d20+4)[6]
    Saber avatar courtesy of Prime32

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Ehm. That doesn't really do anything because you were already hidden so you still only get a standard action in the surprise round, only now 6 seconds later.

Do keep in mind that if you beat them in initiative, you get the standard and then the full round. But you can't full round attack in a surprise round.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

So there's no way for me to get a full attack on them unless I beat them in initiative?

I guess I'll use my Lucky Start Luck re-roll to try and get better than my other roll: (1d20+4)[10]

I'll keep my actions the same, then. I'm in a good position right now, several dozen feet away, so getting closer wouldn't be helpful I think.

My goodness, I can't roll well on initiative to save my life.

Edit: Next level I might take the Sagittarius feature that lets me take a full turn of actions in a surprise round because of this, lol.
    Last edited by Thokk_Smash; 2024-01-03 at 08:43 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

I'm still alive, just got crit by RL again. Will get a post up tomorrow evening my time (so in about 30 hours from now).

Full disclosure: was taken on a surprise trip, didn't have a laptop with me. Was amazing, but now trying to catch back up with admin.

Hope all is well on your end.

And that does sound like a really good class feature actually. Especially because that allows insane guerilla tactics where, if you can make the hide checks, you never actually have to enter combat because you can shoot, hide, retreat, drop out of init, go again. That's part of the reason why the rules work the way they do, and in a multi-player game I would have banned that Sagittarius feature, but in a solo game it's fine.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Confirming crit
    (1d20+5)[22]
    Damage if confirmed
    (1d8)[1]

Few things that might be relevant:
    1. There are plenty of branches that could hold your weight around if you wanted to teleport up. Plenty of trunks to teleport behind, too. Or a combination of the two. Not saying you should, just saying it's an option.

2. The zombies that moved towards you will be able to charge next round if you stay in place

3. The zombies that didn't move, readied an action. Because this is your first game with me I'll let you know this as a freebie because most of my players have hated my guts for this over the years: they've readied move actions to intercept attacks. Specifically, the first and second attack that come towards the skeleton archer.

And again, apologies for the delay.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Hello! I'm sorry for my delay in replying to your OOC response! I was super excited to see you had posted, and I'm glad that you've had a fun 2024 so far! Things have been well on my end, but probably not as fun as on yours!

That extreme of guerilla tactics seems like it would be such a grind, especially with the PbP lag between posts. Just one shot, then move to hide, then hope they don't see you, then rinse-repeat. But it would probably be the most optimal tactic, haha.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Yeah it was definitely fun. But after fun, there tends to be fallout, especially when you neglect your admin haha.

Glad you're having a good start of 2024, too.

And you're right, guerilla tactics in play by post could get tedious. But sometimes you can actually speed things up a lot by rolling in bulk and just making it work until it doesn't, if that makes sense. Like if you roll 20 times and it fails on roll number 17, that's 17 enemies dead and 3 left. Which then makes for a cool montage and saves 17 turns of posting.

At the same time though, it won't be long until you're strong enough that I'd just roll a few d20's to see how quickly you mow through the simple mooks in your way, and how we handle the montage is more a flavor thing than an actual mechanics barrier. Boss fights will be played of course but why make a level 5 gestalt with extra goodies fight lvl 1 trash.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry for the delay, been dealing with flooding in my basement lately which sapped motivation in general. I'll try to get a post up tomorrow.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Post Re: [OOC] Destiny's Veil - Chapter 1: Frayed Threads and a Thousand Traces

Oh no, that's horrible. No rush at all, take all the time you need, rl things need fixing first. And hope you feel less sapped soon.
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2024-01-15 at 01:24 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, post up, through the forum lag. Fingers crossed a 12 hits a little old zombie, haha.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I'm at 12hp, but 6 nonlethal damage. Do I still have a healing potion? And can I use that as part of my turn I just took, instead of a standard action?

I'm really kicking myself over not shaping the soulmeld that gives me fast healing, haha. I'll need to remember to shape that next time.

Edit: if I’m allowed a potion, please feel free to roll it for me if you get the chance to post before I wake up.
    Last edited by Thokk_Smash; 2024-01-21 at 02:47 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, but before I post in the IC I wanted to ask: do I have cover against the skeleton archer where I am now?

And also, if I am hidden from the regular zombies, are they able to react to my attacks and intercept the arrows?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

You have partial cover if you're in a part of the bushes that allows you to shoot at it.

If you're hidden from the zombies your first arrow won't be intercepted. Your second one would be.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

You have partial cover if you're in a part of the bushes that allows you to shoot at it.

If you're hidden from the zombies your first arrow won't be intercepted. Your second one would be.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Dunno if you saw but your last reply posted twice for some reason.

Also, I’m using my second luck reroll of the day to reroll that attack roll: (1d20+8)[19]

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

If you stay up there, then next turn you can kill the remaining zombie without any danger to yourself so we don't need to roll that.

But that does mean letting the blue whisp escape.

Would you like me to wrap up? If so I'd like a knowledge the planes, a knowledge religion, a knowledge dungeoneering and any other roll you think could be relevant to armor, smelting. And a search and survival check if you'd like to inspect the tracks the skeleton was looking at.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, I didn't think I would be able to harm the blue wisp anyway, I didn't think I had anything to hurt incorporeal enemies. If I would be able to at least try to kill it then I'd like to try shooting at it on my next turn.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

I'm not saying you cán damage it and assuming you can't does make sense and is probably right. I was mainly just double checking because you hadn't mentioned the spectre in your post.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Well, you've put the thought in my head of "what if". I hadn't mentioned it in the post b/c of the reasons I mentioned, but I'd like to try shooting it in my next post(s), if that's not too much to ask.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Of course, go for it.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Rolling of miss chance. 1 is hit, 2 is miss
    (1d2)[1]

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

And I sound like a broken record, but apologies again for that taking a while. This game probably won't have the highest posting rate, but there is more than enough plot to span several full threads. Just that RL gets in the way at times.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

No sweat, man! I'm content to wait till you're able to post, I'm always excited to see a new post.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

I'm still alive. My laptop stopped working and the next post is a bit too large to do in my phone and work is usually just plain work mode so I have been procrastinating. But it seems like the laptop repair will take a while or maybe I'll have to buy a new one so tomorrow I'll start posting from work computers after work.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Super glad to hear from you! I knew you wouldn't abandon the game, so I was just hoping you were alright. I really appreciate the update, and don't stress too much about it. I'm fine waiting as long as I know you're coming back