New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Describe what happened in your last dnd sessionone word or phrase

Shadow Lizard Money Gang breaks into local library, steals cure for cancer, traumatizes civil servant, and murders librarian.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rerem115 View Post
    Shadow Lizard Money Gang breaks into local library, steals cure for cancer, traumatizes civil servant, and murders librarian.
    I'm going to have to steal "Shadow Lizard Money Gang" because it describes one of my table's PCs perfectly, hah. Well done.

3. - Top - End - #93

ElfRangerGuy

We have 3 rogues; a kobold Shadow (setting specific), an Urd Arcane Trickster, and a small Lizardfolk Soulknife...who was raised by kobolds.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

From tonight's session:
    Five level 12 PC's spend half of the session trying to find a secret door and figure out how roll20s new dynamic lighting works.

Spoiler: For PhoenixPhyre
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPhyre View Post
    Me as DM. That's the party that's in the Nocthian Caldera (Yonas's homeland). And the "200-mile volcano" is the spirit of the caldera (or at least the central mini-volcano, but it's tied together). It was getting a bit miffed about something evil there, claiming it was a violation of the contract that kept it bound and quiet for the last several thousand years.

Technically, in-world, they're still in early winter 251 AC. So about the same time you all were with the dwarves. Which makes me glad they managed to pull off defeating the evil thing without their fall-back of "get everyone out and let the caldera blow."
    On a purely selfish note, I am also pleased that the Volcano didn't blow as that might put Yonas's homeland under a lot of ash.

Wait, didn't Dil do a song about a volcano?
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2024-01-03 at 11:34 PM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

We mugged a coven of elderly bakers and burned down their orphanage.
    Last edited by NecessaryWeevil; 2024-01-05 at 11:14 PM.
    Proclaiming something "objectively" true or false does not excuse you from proving it so.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Christmas in July, 'cause we're probably boutta die.

7. - Top - End - #97

HalflingPirate

Buffy with Ed Greenwood

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

The bard picked the lock, which blew up the wagon and the whole party.
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

From the perspective of these villagers, we probably look like bandits...

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

No regrets and few consequences.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

One person was sick and another hadn't slept in 24 hours, so we fisted a bird and called it a day.
    My sig is something witty.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

+1 "grate-axe"

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Clusterf**k

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Won a prisoner pit fight. Made mocking guard kiss my ass, literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Die Hard in Santa’s workshop.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

Why do I hear boss music?

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Mortal puzzles and the decay of a blackmarket empire.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

" we have achieved victory! Let's hide for the next day and a half so we can secure it."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Daemon

Anti-monk psychological warfare, but it was his fault. Subtitle--there's a happy medium between "kill them all and let the gods sort it out" (looking at you @KorvinStarmast ) and "knock them out but never kill them." Both have consequences.
    Dawn of Hope: a 5e setting. http://wiki.admiralbenbo.org
    Rogue Equivalent Damage calculator, now prettier and more configurable!
    5e Monster Data Sheet--vital statistics for all 693 MM, Volo's, and now MToF monsters: Updated!
    NIH system 5e fork, very much WIP. Base github repo.
    NIH System PDF Up to date main-branch build version.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

That's Snow Ape, that's a battle station!
    *This Space Available*

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Let's visit the ziggurat! Maybe we'll make new friends!

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Ambushed in the capital while trying to free the true heir from the usurper.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Anti-monk psychological warfare, but it was his fault. Subtitle--there's a happy medium between "kill them all and let the gods sort it out" (looking at you @KorvinStarmast ) and "knock them out but never kill them." Both have consequences.
    Correction.
    I have on my own initiative knocked out a variety of NPCs and foes, not killed them. I have also allowed that as a course of action in some cases when the party members ask it.
    I believe you will recall that it was me who babysat the knocked-out copper dragon - and would keep knocking it out if it woke up - while the rest of the party wandered off elsewhere.

That fire cult is the only Kill On Sight group I have in my RoE for a good and sufficient in-world reason, and a better in character one.
    (The "I don't fight for sport" bit is a recent and emergent bit of character development).

You will also note that I could have killed that archer, but did not, preferring instead to talk him down, share my rye whiskey with him, and try to make an ally of him.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    Correction.
    I have on my own initiative knocked out a variety of NPCs and foes, not killed them. I have also allowed that as a course of action in some cases when the party members ask it.
    I believe you will recall that it was me who babysat the knocked-out copper dragon - and would keep knocking it out if it woke up - while the rest of the party wandered off elsewhere.

That fire cult is the only Kill On Sight group I have in my RoE for a good and sufficient in-world reason, and a better in character one.
    (The "I don't fight for sport" bit is a recent and emergent bit of character development).

You will also note that I could have killed that archer, but did not, preferring instead to talk him down, share my rye whiskey with him, and try to make an ally of him.
    That parenthetical should have been blue text, my bad. Yeah, your character is within what I'd consider normal range for murderous/no-quarter reactions to things.
    5e Monster Data Sheet--vital statistics for all 693 MM, Volo's, and now MToF monsters: Updated!

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

That parenthetical should have been blue text, my bad. Yeah, your character is within what I'd consider normal range for murderous/no-quarter reactions to things.
    Aah, but RP wise, and back story wise, and drinking problem wise, he is still struggling with that unfortunate tendency to resort to violence (particularly because "he drinks a bit").

Back on Topic:

Another way to describe our session last night:

Bard polymorph's self into a giant ape to kick butt, but after being hit once rolls a 1 concentration check and is a bard again.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Firbolg in the Playground

We found out the driving and unifying force behind it all were... the DROW!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Samurai View Post
    We found out the driving and unifying force behind it all were... the DROW!
    Drow? A unifying force? How...odd.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Traveller bonus round, we made characters, yes that took a whole session worth of game time.
    My sig is something witty.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Teleport to oops all mimics.

I'm the DM on this one.

30. - Top - End - #120

RangerGuy

The Goblin Revolushunn!!

Also the dice gods decided to join in on my character being a total little drama queen of a gobbo