New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Dragon Fall War 5e

Link to Recruiting
    Link to IC

This is the OOC for Dragonfall War please claim a speach color but for the sake of my eyes no light colors

as GM I reserve the folllowing colors ALL forms of RED

Post rate expectations: I would like to see at the very minimum of 1 post a week, I check in daily but may or may not post daily.

I do not have a mapping utility or plan to get one, so this will be theater of the mind with giving the most advantage towards the player

Notation: You all will not know each other ; other than from legend or word of mouth IE Hi I am Alpha, nice to meet you Beta I have heard of you someplace.

Patron Deities

Azuth, God of Wizards LN

Chauntea, Goddess of Agriculture NG

Deneir, God of Writing NG

Eldath, Goddess of Peace NG

Gond, God of Craft N

Helm, God of Protection LN

Ilmater, God of Endurance LG

Kelemvor, God of the Dead LN

Lathander, God of Birth and Renewal NG

Leira, Goddess of Illusion CN

Mask, God of Thieves CN

Mielikki, Goddess of Forests NG

Milil, God of Poetry and Song NG

Mystra, Goddess of Magic NG

Oghma, God of Knowledge N

Savras, god of Divination and Fate LN

Selûne, Goddess of the Moon CG

Silvanus, God of Wild Nature N

Sune, Goddess of Love and Beauty CG

Tempus, God of War N

Torm, God of Courage and Self-sacrifice LG

Tymora, Goddess of Good Fortune CG

Tyr, God of Justice LG

Waukeen, Goddess of Trade N

Bahamut, Dragon God of Good LG

Corellon Larethian, Elf Deity of Art and Magic CG

Deep Sashelas, Elf God of the Sea CG

Eadro, Merfolk Deity of the Sea N

Garl Glittergold, Gnome God of Trickery and Wiles LG

Moradin, Dwarf God of Creation LG

Rillifane Rallathil, Wood Elf God of Nature CG

Sehanine Moonbow, Elf Goddess of the Moon CG

Semuanya, Lizardfolk Deity of Survival N

Skerrit, Centaur and Satyr God of Nature N

Skoraeus Stonebones, God of Stone Giants and Art N

Yondalla, Halfling Goddess of Fertility and Protection LG

World map for this game

Edited
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-12-12 at 10:49 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: Dragon Fall War 5e

In the role of Tank
    redfeline Doctor Harmony Glimmertoe Stout Halfling Barbarian (Giant) 14 // Fighter (Psi Warrior) 14

In the role of Arcane Caster
    Starmage21 Juste Arobe Ott Warforged Wizard (Abjurer) 14//Artificer (Battle Smith) 14

In the role of Divine Caster
    Benoojian Wendell Frank Tortle Druid (Stars) 14//Cleric (Light) 14

In the role of Theif
    Triskavanski Athanasius Tabaxi Rogue (Assassin) 14// Bard (Whispers) 14
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-12-01 at 02:06 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

This will be the character I will be playing https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets//?id=2854886. I'll try and talk in this color.

Spoiler: Image
    Show
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2023-12-01 at 04:02 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Athanasius
    Tabaxi Assassin Rogue | Collage of Whisper's Bard
    HP: 129 AC:15 Init:10
    Bardic Inspiration: 4
    Voice: "Now that... Is a secret."
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Juste will speak in Bold Dark Grey
    His thoughts will be italicized Dark Grey

Class A: Artificer (Battle Smith) 14
    Class B: Wizard (Abjurer) 14
    Race: Warforged
    Background: Guild Artisan
    Ht./Wt.: 6'4"/294 lbs
    Hair/Eyes: Dark-Stained Maplewood/Gold and Silver filigree
    Description: Juste appears more like a small golem or Shield Guardian than a typical warforged. Ironwood arms and legs that move and flex like humanoid flesh is covered by the plates of Mithril and Adamantine alloy throughout his body. His build is muscular but not stylized as the fantastic large perfect specimen, but rather more akin to a competition runner. Juste's face is also strikingly human, with a fully articulating jaw outlined in silver and shocks of golden teeth when he speaks.
    Personality: Reserved and reticent around new folks. Others have mistook this for aloof self-absorption at times. Once comfortable amongst friends, more outgoing and extroverted. Always looking for humor and comedy in situations and more than willing to self-denigrate to achieve a laugh from his friends.
    Step 1: write five things about your character’s concept and background, five things that you think are the most essential parts of your character. You don’t have to stop at five, if you like…this is just a minimum.
    1. Juste was not created in the standard fashion as typical warforged. His physical form was created as the basis for a Shield Guardian that was later awakened.
    2. Juste is fascinated by all things magical, and is focused not just in the formation of spells, but the implementation of magic into devices which can be used by anyone.
    3. His Staff of Power is covered in runes, which is not the standard for magical notation amongst human practitioners of magic. The runes themselves are slight variations on both the dwarven language and that of giants.
    4. Juste believes there is no one right way to do things, especially in a world where magic seemingly responds to the willpower of practitioners. One must be flexible to proceed and not be set on one particular path.
    5. Violence is often necessary, but should never be desired. When necessary, it should be instant and overwhelming or not at all.
    6. Juste is not sure he bears a soul. He knows that typical warforged have confirmed that they indeed do, but his construction is not the same.

Step 2: List two goals for the character that you, as a player, think would be cool to see accomplished in-game.
    1. Acquire or create the formula for a Staff of The Magi, then construct it. This is the master-work which will serve as his contribution to magical study.
    2. Determine if he has a soul. If not, get one.

Step 3: List two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet. This will help in creating plots that center around your character.
    1. Juste has slain more than one person in cold blood on behalf of his guild. Any government would consider these murders, but Juste believes they were justified as those slain were guilty of wrongdoings.
    2. (Unknown) The animating life-force that powers Juste is actually an ancient failed lich who tried to make an animate construct the container which protected his soul. The lich's calculations were sabotaged by a rival and he is forever trapped. This life-force draws Juste towards evil, though his desire is ultimately to do good.

Step 4: Describe three people that are tied to the character through blood, romance or honor. Two of them are friendly to the character, one is hostile. All can do something useful for you, if you can get the situations to line up.
    1. Guild Master Oneth Avestrum sponsored Juste's entry into his guild early in his career after Juste worked for him as a mercenary. A shrewd business man, Oneth recognized that Juste would garauntee continued revenues to The Guild as a tireless craftsman, and only recognized his talents in other areas after years of working together.
    2. Guy Maximus - A gladiator turned mercenary, frequently in the employ of Guild Master Avestrum, and thus has worked closely with Juste for more than ten years. The two have a solid working relationship together and a deep respect for the other's craft.
    3. (Hostile) Aleksandr Albright - A well known and respected member of a rival merchant's guild. Aleksandr believes Juste is responsible for Avestrum's Guild being more successful than his own, and has no respect for the "artificial man".

Step 5: Describe three memories that your character has. They don't have to be elaborate, but they should provide some context and flavor.
    1. Juste's first memory is waking up in an alchemical laboratory standing over the quickly moldering corpse of some unknown humanoid. It seemed natural that as he was innately familiar with nearly all of the tools present that he should consume the available information on hand. He spent the next several weeks reading every volume within the lab.
    2. It took more than five years of careful study for Juste to manifest his first prestidigitation, but his ability as a practitioner of magic was remarked upon by other guild wizards and artificers as growing faster than most.
    3. The first time one of Juste's works sold for more than fair market price, he was absolutely elated. The event confirmed to him that his work bore some facet of desirability, and that it could sustain him.
    Artificer Spell Slots (1st-4th): 4/3/3/1
    Artificer Spells Prepared: (12)
    Cantrips: Green Flame Blade, Booming Blade, Mending, Guidance
    1. Heroism, Shield, Faerie Fire, Cure Wounds, Sanctuary
    2. Branding Smite, Warding Bond, Lesser Restoration, Heat Metal, Spider Climb, Darkvision
    3. Aura of Vitality, Conjure Barrage, Revivify, Water Walk, Create Food and Water, Fly
    4. Aura of Purity, Fire Shield, Fabricate

Wizard Spell Slots (1st-7th): 4/3/3/3/2/1/1
    Wizard Spells Prepared: (19)
    Cantrips: Fire Bolt, Mind Sliver, Shocking Grasp, Prestidigitation, Light
    1. Magic Missile, Shield, Absorb Elements
    2. Scorching Ray, Misty Step, Web
    3. Counterspell, Dispel Magic, Remove Curse
    4. Evard's Black Tentacles, Summon Aberration, Raulothim's Psychic Lance, Banishment, Polymorph
    5. Teleportation Circle, Summon Draconic Spirit
    6. Disintegrate
    7. Forcecage, Teleport
    Last edited by Starmage21; 2023-12-04 at 12:00 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Wendell Frank the Divine Light will speak in a Green tone of voice
    On another note I wasn't sure what pantheon we were using so I don't have a deity (yet?)
    Last edited by Benoojian; 2023-12-01 at 07:11 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Benoojian View Post
    Wendell Frank the Divine Light will speak in a Green tone of voice
    On another note I wasn't sure what pantheon we were using so I don't have a deity (yet?)
    Pick one that fits the character best or just worship an ideal

Okay gang just waiting for red to arrive but feel free to start posting in IC
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-12-01 at 07:34 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

What do we know about the dragons, as in what is common knowledge? Or knowledge the characters would know growing up in this world?
    I like the globe warm...

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    What do we know about the dragons, as in what is common knowledge? Or knowledge the characters would know growing up in this world?
    considering you are level 14, I will say that your characters will definitely know about them, perhaps even encountered a "SMALL" one. (wyrmling maybe juvenile)

Common knowledge: most are evil or presumed as such. most tend to destroy or take what they want ie gold, livestock ect..

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Would we know which ones are presumed to hold the crystals?
    I like the globe warm...

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Would we know which ones are presumed to hold the crystals?
    yes your characters were given the information

The mystical creature stops speaking long enough for the true situation to sink in and then continues. We believe that there can be salvation if you the chosen hero's can but succeed at what is certainly a legendary task that could end in death. It is foretold that there are 5 crystals kept by the five greatest calamities known to mankind. Yes I speak of dragons and not just the minor pests that have been causing havoc here and there, but rather these are the ones that quite possibly created each of the chromatic dragons that you all know of. They themselves only being created by the mother of dragons.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well I was meaning more like names and rough locations. Like Gelidon in the northern reaches of the somethingorother mountains....
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2023-12-02 at 09:10 AM.
    I like the globe warm...

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Well I was meaning more like names and rough locations. Like Gelidon in the northern reaches of the somethingorother mountains....
    no your characters were given this information
    You will be left to your own devices, methods and means to complete this quest, what it is that you will need to do with the crystals is unknown but perhaps more information will be learned as they are gathered. Should you win the day and defeat evil the rewards are bound to be legendary, even beyond what the good king here can offer. With that the mystical creature falls silent.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

*Side note*
    your characters would have common knowledge that certain dragons "colors" do tend to reside in certain areas

As it has been asked I decided to list my world Patron Deities that you may follow - see post #1
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-12-02 at 10:00 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Rolls as requested

(1d20)[10] knowledge local

(1d20)[16] Investigation
    I like the globe warm...

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Rolls as requested

[roll0] knowledge local

[roll1] Investigation
    no knowledge specific but your character would had heard that the archives are very.. very.. very.. ordered.. - think major library system how they keep books ect and put that on steroids for these archives

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry for the delay, I am very much on the tail end of norovirus. So I really haven't done much in the last week.

Doctor harmony will speak in purple which I hope is distinct from the others.
    Last edited by redfeline; 2023-12-02 at 10:46 PM.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Hope your feeling better

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Still not 100% but a bit better each day. I will try to go to work tomorrow.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Waiting for everyone to post for the opening before progressing

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    Waiting for everyone to post for the opening before progressing
    getting this done TODAY

22. - Top - End - #22

Planetar

Sorry I got sick for a few days

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Sorry I got sick for a few days
    Apperantly going around

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

replenish spell components, i will do a slight retcon for you on this, as that is something the mystical creature does, list items and values of, that your looking for
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-12-05 at 06:38 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    replenish spell components, i will do a slight retcon for you on this, as that is something the mystical creature does, list items and values of, that your looking for
    If you use an Arcane Focus, you do not need spell components that do not have a listed cost.

That said, I have a number of spells I cant even cast because they cost more than the GP we were given :P

Someone wanna loan me like 600gp so I can get the ruby thing you need to cast Forecage? :D

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

I am waiting on an IC post, to see how catwing responds.

edit:

I am mentioning this so you know why I haven't posted in a bit. No need to rush on my account.
    Last edited by redfeline; 2023-12-06 at 01:31 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Starmage21 View Post
    If you use an Arcane Focus, you do not need spell components that do not have a listed cost.

That said, I have a number of spells I cant even cast because they cost more than the GP we were given :P

Someone wanna loan me like 600gp so I can get the ruby thing you need to cast Forecage? :D
    The stuff thst has no listed costs, pick up lust the expensives your looking at and i will see if mystical has it

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post
    I am waiting on an IC post, to see how catwing responds.

edit:

I am mentioning this so you know why I haven't posted in a bit. No need to rush on my account.
    Right ..busy rl at this exact moment

okay I found time to finish the door sequence
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-12-06 at 03:42 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Planetar

I mostly need as many diamonds as I can get, but I'll put up a proper list, probably late tonight

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

I mostly need as many diamonds as I can get, but I'll put up a proper list, probably late tonight
    hrm a quick google-fu for Cleric & Druid Costly Componants

This includes spells from PH, XGtE, and TCoE, if there are others feel free to list. but this is what the Mystical Creature has that they will give to you for the party.

Powdered silver 500 gp worth
    Holy Water 500 gp worth
    Rubys 25 gp each, 500 gp worth
    Powdered diamond/Diamond dust 500 gp worth
    Diamonds 25 gp each, 500 gp worth
    Rare Incense 500 gp worth
    Herbs 100 gp worth
    Oils 100 gp worth
    Ivory 100 gp worth
    Bones 100 gp worth
    Ointment (mushroom powder, saffron, and fat) 500 gp worth
    Hollow gilded acorn 500 gp worth
    Agates 25 gp each, 500 gp worth
    Unguents 500 gp worth
    Silver mirror (focus)
    Mistletoe harvested by golden sickle under light of full moon
    Divination tools
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-12-06 at 05:46 PM.