New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Dragon Fall War 5e

Turning to the others assembled there, "Do we have any means of traveling these great distances quickly? If not I believe the question of urgency has been answered for us."
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Wendell does some quick calculations in his head, furrowing his reptilian brow, "I think with Wind Walk, I could get us to all these places in about a month total, a bit faster if we could get our hands on some teleport circle addresses nearby. Did the King say how urgent this task was? Also not super important but is she some kind of Oracle, the glowing is slightly off-putting."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Athanasius
    Tabaxi Assassin Rogue | Collage of Whisper's Bard
    HP: 129 AC:15 Init:10
    Bardic Inspiration: 4
    Voice: "Now that... Is a secret."

"Only means of traveling short distances instantly and quickly. But nothing in the distance we'd need to cover."
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

(ooc: because starmage has not been on for a tad)

Juste Arobe Ott offers up the use of spells they have available but cautions that they can only be used 1 time a day

"Teleportation Circle will also require a destination circle , which the only known other than here is in Ravensburg

Teleport I would like to keep in reserve for the really long distance travel.

We must choose where we want to go first"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

”My suggestion would be that we try and take the white first. Perhaps there are more known teleportation circles at least somewhat closer to our intended destinations. Serenity do you know of any? If we can get close we can wind walk to the final point.”
    I like the globe warm...

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    ”My suggestion would be that we try and take the white first. Perhaps there are more known teleportation circles at least somewhat closer to our intended destinations. Serenity do you know of any? If we can get close we can wind walk to the final point.”
    She consults her book , trance, glowing, talking (see ooc) and then back to normal, and then she provides a map to the party
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-12-12 at 12:01 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Raphael taps the map on the northern island, Elphenheim & Ukarei, ”I say we try this one first once we are supplied and ready to go. Unless anyone has a better idea I say prepare for a white dragon battle.”
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2023-12-12 at 11:16 AM.
    I like the globe warm...

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Harmony nods "Think we can pick up some potions of cold resistance?"
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

”I think as long as we have the funds we can. We should take a little time to re-prepare spells more appropriate to the fight.. He pauses for a moment, the helmeted head tilting a bit to the side, “I can speak to my temple and see if they would have a space to inscribe a teleportation circle that would be protected if everyone is okay with that?”
    I like the globe warm...

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Juste interjects at the mention of Teleportation Circle

"Actually, such inscriptions take a full year to implement, and they represent a cost far in excess of the reagents used for the spell casting and inscription. Such circles are usually kept secret, and publicly known destinations would be heavily fortified. You can use Teleportation Circles to move an army in an instant."

He pauses for a moment, rubbing his chin

"I would take what the King said with a grain of salt. 'Urgency' to you or I would mean in the coming days, but to a king might mean months or years. These are the scales they must consider, for no great work is done fast, and we have far to travel. We should move with enough hustle to get the job done without lollygagging, but I do not believe we will fail if we suffer diversion."

"The one thing I know about dragons is that they can sleep for a very long time. Longer than human life spans and sometimes longer than elven ones. And they sleep more the older and bigger they get. We will actually be lucky if we stumble across the big ones we're looking for while theyre still awake, moving around, and making enough of a mess of things that we can track them down. I'll use a Legend Lore spell to see what I can discover once we know their names."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

”So then we need other means of traveling to the nearest circle to then travel to a circle closer to our chosen destination?”
    I like the globe warm...

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

[Begin OOC]

Quote Originally Posted by Starmage21 View Post
    Juste interjects at the mention of Teleportation Circle
    "I would take what the King said with a grain of salt.
    it was actually the Mystical Creature that did all the talking, the king just introduced allowed the creature to speak and basically left. leaving the rest up to you guys
    [End OOC]

Raphael speaks
    ”So then we need other means of traveling to the nearest circle to then travel to a circle closer to our chosen destination?”
    Serenity then speaks up in her own voice, if you require a means of travel that is not a spell to travel to or from a circle I would suggest going to the stables and acquiring a mount.
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-12-14 at 08:09 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Raphael’s helmeted head swivels towards Juste, ”Are the circles large enough to transport horses?”
    I like the globe warm...

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Serenity thinks on that for a moment, well it will be up to you to decide the type of mount you take through any teleport circle, but yes I think a horse and rider would work

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Juste nods to Raphael.

"Anything smaller than the portal boundaries, which is to say slightly wider than a human arm span. You've got to be quick about it though. The portal stays open for about six seconds."

He then looks to Serenity

"As for a mount, I have a solution to that for myself. The rest of you may seek to find horses or other means of travel that can survive the cold."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Looks like I'll be changing my Ring of Free Action infusion over to Boots of The Winterlands tomorrow morning.

Also I have a Broom of Flying which is my "mount"

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Sounds good to me, let us gather whatever components we need. Are we going to wait a day so that we can prepare spells accordingly? If so let us gather at the local tavern and get to know one another better."
    I like the globe warm...

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Time will pass for spells, mundane gear can be gotten, horses can be gotten if you want one. You meet back at the teleport circle which is exactly 10ft across
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-12-17 at 01:00 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

Athanasius

Joining the group at the teleportation circle after collecting his gear for surviving the cold weather was a snow leopard tabaxi, rather than the previous harengon. He casts prestidigitation warming up his under clothing. "I trust we are ready? Truthfully I'm not much of one for riding horses though. I find it hard to keep them alive in this line of work." his voice started off as the Harengon's voice from previously, but slowly adjusted to being something more whispery and growly.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Well, if we are ready to go then?"
    I like the globe warm...

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

The party activates the runes for elphenheim & ukarei's Teleportation Circle, then step through.

Once on the other side of the portal, after a few moments the portal deactivates. Off to the north you will see the towering snow and ice covered mountain range, based on the information you gained from the books that Serenity provided you feel that one of three possible area warrant searching for a white dragon lair.

north and far to the west, north or north and far to the east.

Looking closer at the mountain you see that there is a clear tree line roughly about half way up, the trees while not sparse are definitely not thick. as there are spots that the ground can be seen.
    the area to the east , west , and south are grassland plains with trees abound.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Athanasius

"Well now from here, which direction where we wanting to go?" the snow leopard asks, starting to take a few stretches, looking around.

22. - Top - End - #52

Planetar

"Who would create a permanent teleportation circle in the middle of nowhere?"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Athanasius

"Likely someone who wanted to be able to teleport out here, but didn't want it in a town. It was likely a secret. Or.." He says digging around a little. "No where used to be somewhere, but now its gone and all that remains is a circle."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Ooc you remember from the books that the residents decided to pool resources and intentionally placed the circle between both cities

25. - Top - End - #55

Planetar

Wendell eyes the mountain, "If the dragon is here it's probably near the cold peak. How far would you say that is? Should we fly up or take the scenic and sneakier route?"
    Last edited by Benoojian; 2023-12-19 at 04:41 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Benoojian View Post
    Wendell eyes the mountain, "If the dragon is here it's probably near the cold peak. How far would you say that is? Should we fly up or take the scenic and sneakier route?"
    You would know that east and north will take you near elphenhiem but to the mountsin at normal foot speeds irs about 4 days, and west and north roughly the same about 4 days but to get to the other town its west and south

Stright up the middle to the mountain is about 2 days
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-12-19 at 09:25 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

"Are we ready and prepared for a white dragon? The item is in its lair, so we need to find the lair right? I just assume fight the dragon on the ground in a cave then the air. I am not much of a flier."
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

28. - Top - End - #58

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post
    "Are we ready and prepared for a white dragon? The item is in its lair, so we need to find the lair right? I just assume fight the dragon on the ground in a cave then the air. I am not much of a flier."
    Wendell begins to pace as he thinks, then casually walks up the side of a tree and delivers his musings whilst sideways, "Perhaps one of the two nearby settlements could shed some light on where the lair is. A quick wind walk would have us there and back in a matter of hours.” The tortle is as used to flying as he is to swimming, so he doesn’t understand the discomfort with flying.
    Last edited by Benoojian; 2023-12-20 at 04:30 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Athanasius

Athanasius gave a small shrug, turning his palms up to the sky and shook his head. "Well whichever course of action the rest of you would want. The whole group politics is something I'm not so much of an accustomed to, but even I don't think I could take down a dragon on my own."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

”I say we head to a village to inquire about the dragon. We could guess right and pick the correct mountain or we could guess wrong and waste several days mountain hopping. Let’s go to Elphenhiem.”
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2023-12-21 at 02:45 PM.
    I like the globe warm...