New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

Over the earpieces, Cauda says, "That's Qippoz, she's-- oh shoot--"

The marilith launches herself off the back of the tender and slithers rapidly through the shallow water towards your group. The marilith are the larger Outsider cousins of the nagini, the elder daughters of Maril. They are -- Qippoz is -- twelve feet tall, with six arms, and a stoic warrior's face.

"Who is the one who will return me to the bosom of my mother?" she demands imperiously. "Who is the one called Ttharg?"

Although she is garlanded with swords, in her primary hands she holds an old tin ladle and a small cooking knife.

You can see she is wearing a breastplate similar to what the flameharrow made, crafted from a re-purposed Majari device. The one the flameharrow wore was made for someone with a hollow rib cage, and this one seems to be the same design; protrusions and flanges of the apparatus go into her flesh in a way that looks exceptionally painful. Her expression is stoic, however.

Spoiler: Insight 20+
    Show
    It is, in fact, exceptionally painful.

Cauda has a more complicated job getting out of the tender, but catches up quickly. "This is Qippoz," she interjects hurriedly. "I told her we could help her go home in exchange for, er, her not killing us all. I think it will need a wizard and a medic to get her out of that thing, and then... well, Ttharg, you can cast Banishment, right?"

Cauda is keeping her tone light, but the anxiety in her eyes is not well-hidden.

Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-04-09 at 08:13 AM.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

Servius
    Servius slithers over. "Interesting. I didn't know this sort of arcane magic could even be used this way - I mean, with the undead, sticking it in the ribcage was reasonable, but it really shouldn't just embed like that and still have the same effect all over the body." He pulls out a journal to make a few quick notes and drawings. This is a unique application and the Majari will probably be interested, although displeased that it's probably another device that they won't get back.

He tries to figure out if this was done to her, or if she did it to herself.
    Things published on DM's Guild
    Campaign Logs:
    Baldur's Gate 2 (ongoing)
    Castle Dracula (Castlevania)
    Against the Idol of the Sun (high level hexcrawl)

3. - Top - End - #633

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    Servius
    Servius slithers over. "Interesting. I didn't know this sort of arcane magic could even be used this way - I mean, with the undead, sticking it in the ribcage was reasonable, but it really shouldn't just embed like that and still have the same effect all over the body." He pulls out a journal to make a few quick notes and drawings. This is a unique application and the Majari will probably be interested, although displeased that it's probably another device that they won't get back.

He tries to figure out if this was done to her, or if she did it to herself.
    The marilith hisses in pain if you touch it at all. On inspection, it seems very clear it was done to her, and by a familiar hand... something about the methodology is familiar, as if you are seeing your own work but for the first time. It seems to be penetrating her, not surgically, but dimensionally; she is partially occupying the same time and space as the intrusive elements in a planar overlap.

"The undead creature found me when I wandered into this cove, and bound me to protect its nest," she growls. "But the little sister here came to me with the tokens of Mother Maril, and we made a bargain." She gestures with the ladle and knife.

"I sent a familiar up to scout out the nest you had labelled D3," Cauda volunteers. "Fortunately. And also fortunately, I had found the ladle and knife in the ruins of the staircase. I think he used the totem segment in binding her."
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-04-09 at 11:45 AM.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

Servius
    "Well, anything he could do, I should be able to un-do." Servius starts getting to work, his eyes glowing after he casts Detect magic. He deliberately avoids talking about who the he he referred to is, or its relationship to himself and his future.
    Spoiler
    Show

Do I need to expend a slot? I do not want to wait 10 minutes to ritual cast - don't think the marilith is up for that.
    Arcana rolls?
    (1d20+8)[24]
    (1d20+8)[21]
    (1d20+8)[21]
    (1d20+8)[19]
    (1d20+8)[13]
    (1d20+8)[27]
    Campaign Logs:

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

No need to cast detect magic. I can see the auras and i can help nibum explains what he sees and where as any of the procedure is being preformed (help action servius for arcana)

Just tell pteradactool and minicliff what you need. They can help. he says to thragg (help action thragg for medicine)

6. - Top - End - #636

Zombie

Ttharg Krixkrux

When the marilith asks for him by name, there's a moment where Ttharg stays quiet, trying to judge her intentions and perhaps also keep himself and his crew alive if it's intentions were cruel. Instead, he calls out: "I be Ttharg."

He listens to Cauda's explanation. "Aye, I still have the power to do such a thing."

He addresses the marilith: "Your mother has bid me to burn the stolen segment in her brazier back in the village. I need it from you before I banish you back to her." (Would just the ladle and the knife be enough to burn, or would I actually need the entire section to burn?)

He sets to helping Servius, with aid from his companions, remove the armour. (Medicine rolled in D&D Beyond with Advantage for a total of 21)

7. - Top - End - #637

DruidGirl

Working together, you ease the armor free of its planar collision with her body.

The marilith grunts in pain and says, "The totem is with me. It is how he ensnared me."

As the armor passes through her, you see what she means. The breastplate is strapped around the log totem, and her body has been conjured using it, causing both the log and the armor to be magically embedded in her flesh. As Servius rotates the breastplate through arcane dimensions, you have a sudden insight into how to use the Banishment spell to separate it from her without further injury, despite the armor's attempts to anchor her to this plane. By twisting the armor more fully into this plane, and turning her in the opposite direction--

With a flash of nonlight, the tin ladle and kitchen knife clatter to the wet gravel underfoot. The marilith is gone, and you and Servius are left holding the breastplate and totem. Cauda lets out a ragged sigh of relief.

Cauda has successfully recovered the bodies of the previous expedition, and you have recovered 3 stabilized crates; 3 more of the devices have been badly damaged or transformed by the flameharrow, but you still have the remains. You are easily able to load up the most recent crate and return to Marilfjord. You journey quickly to the uplands to pick up the final crate, already stabilized by the previous expedition, and stop at the bonfire to burn the totem with appropriate ceremony. At the same time, Djodi and some youths from the village transfer the crates to the Majari ship, where they will be appropriately cushioned, and you are able to leave the final transport in their hands. Djodi using his wand of Sending to tell the Majari the job is complete, as the barge moves slowly, following the coast.

It's a little past mid-day by the time you manage to leave Marilfjord. It is a ten hour journey by sea... or perhaps a little less, since you will be meeting the White Cliff in the bay. Squeezed into the tender together, there is just barely time and space for a long rest, if you wish.

8. - Top - End - #638

Zombie

Ttharg Krixkrux

Ttharg hopes that their assistance in such matters is enough for Maril to grant the crew her favour; or at least stop her from assisting Trionyx.

He takes the time to get a short rest whilst on the journey back to the ship.

"Well done, Cauda, an' well done lads - that was a tricky little expedition we went on. Let's hope we don't end up flung to another plane again anytime soon!"

9. - Top - End - #639
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Fork was keeping an anxious eye out as Servius freed the oversized snake lady, finger on the trigger. He gave a sigh of relief when they managed to free her without any altercation.

While the others packed up, he set out and found a quiet, pristine patch of rock with an idyllic view. He sat down, cross-legged, and started to meditate. It took him a while before he found the threads of a connection in his consciousness that had recently been brutally severed. But it was there within him, and it was also trying to find him somehow.

He tried to mentally connect to the great white frozen plane that he'd seen in fever dreams near death.

He walked the wasteland, seemingly devoid of life if you didn't know what to look for.

Fork said prayers of respect, pleaded with the spirits of the hunt, begged the mother of dragons.

He whistled once. A long and carrying whistle.

It seemed to echo over the entire landscape.

The echo's faded and then for some time there was nothing...

Until far away from beyond the valley an answer came.

The sound of a storm,

The sound of a Rumble.

Forks eyes opened with a start, and in his own world a familiar shape could be seen flying towards them with a hurry.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

There are many dents in triceratool and nibum uses the tender to mend him up. On the tender he asksive never knew u can speak, is that new? Can you stll speak? lots of other questions and thoughts race through his brain as well but like a flow chart it depends on the answers given if any at all.

On the tender he has the assistants massage him and anyone else who wants it by rapidly vibrating and warming to pleasant temp. It's crowded on the tender so some relaxing is in order especially as unsure relaxing will be in the near future

11. - Top - End - #641

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The Commander View Post
    Ttharg Krixkrux

Ttharg hopes that their assistance in such matters is enough for Maril to grant the crew her favour; or at least stop her from assisting Trionyx. [/COLOR][/B]
    After you burn the totem, Djodi gives you the knife and the ladle as tokens of Maril's blessings. Their magical auras are faint but unmistakeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    Forks eyes opened with a start, and in his own world a familiar shape could be seen flying towards them with a hurry.
    Rumble tackles you, bumping his head against yours. As always, he has returned uninjured, but you can see the pattern of the chains as a faint matte scuffing of his glossy white scales, coiling around his torso.

Quote Originally Posted by zylodrizzt View Post
    There are many dents in triceratool and nibum uses the tender to mend him up. On the tender he asksive never knew u can speak, is that new? Can you stll speak? lots of other questions and thoughts race through his brain as well but like a flow chart it depends on the answers given if any at all.
    Triceratool says:
    Code:
    Yes, Master, I can still speak.
    The construct in Mechanus spoke to me in the universal language of logic and machines.
    Once I knew it existed I knew at once I could speak it.

It is full night by the time you reach the White Cliff; not that the sky is any different here, but your bodies know the score. As Kabett told Cauda, the White Cliff is floating in the bay, some miles out from the harbor, anchored but ready to move with a moment's notice. You climb aboard while crewmen secure the tender.

Cocytus is on deck, with a handful of furious-looking crew members. No need to worry about shore leave softening their edge anymore. Cocytus approaches you all immediately. "Thanks the gods you're back. We've got about half the crew back, the rest were on leave away from the ship. Now that you're back we can use the earpieces to call them back and give instructions. Kabett is below with the rest of the men."

His expression is dark. "Professor Atropae left the ship after the embassy refused to help us. She has family in Malatra and she went to them... the Atropae and the Stheno are at war already, I fear, and it could spread to all the penitent and accursed medusae families." He pauses. "Tegu went with her. I don't know which one of them was more furious."
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-04-11 at 03:47 PM.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Titan in the Playground

Servius

Servius looks around. "What happened? All we know is that she was arrested, but not why or whom."
    Campaign Logs:

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Nibum does the practical thing first and calls back whomever he can. It might be best if they don't take means of communication with them next time they travel far from the ship.

Perhaps jumping to conclusions That guide seemed real good with thier words and too eager for cash do you think she had anything to do with this? Why are the two at war?

14. - Top - End - #644

DruidGirl

Cocytus sighs. "Right. Sending. Twenty five words."

He scrubs his thorny brow with a hand. "One of the workmen who opalized the ship claimed to have found a cache of documents. Scriptures and pamphlets promoting the Five Gods, specifically Tempus, and denigrating the gods of Malatra. They took these papers to the Templars and claimed to have found them hidden in a secret panel of the ship."

You all know that evangelism wasn't anything the Captain was interested in; and Ttharg and Fork, you both know for a fact that the Captain worshipped Maebe first among the Five Gods, despite being a white dragonborn. "They arrested her for proselytizing and blaspheming Apophis. Her last orders were to ignore it and move forward with speaking to the Minister of War about Trionyx. Professor Atropae and Tegu found that order... hard to obey."

He sighs again. "I went to the embassy immediately, but the envoy there was a red dragonborn. Someone I've met before, a friend of my brother. He told me there was nothing they could do... then he made the sign of Tiamat with his hand and winked at me." He demonstrates by clawing his five talons together; his expression is a snarl of loathing.

"Siduri and Tegu blame the Stheno, since the ship-working crew were sent by them. But I know the Cnidaria or someone else from the cult of Tiamat were involved. They must have threatened or bribed the workman somehow."

Nibum does the practical thing first and calls back whomever he can. It might be best if they don't take means of communication with them next time they travel far from the ship.

Perhaps jumping to conclusions That guide seemed real good with thier words and too eager for cash do you think she had anything to do with this? Why are the two at war?
    "Gods, I hope not," Cocytus says, looking sick. "If she's against us, how can we get anything done? We still have to work with the Majari to speak with the Minister of War, and we'll need a favor-broker for that."

"The accursed and penitent medusae are always on the brink of open conflict. Siduri is an Atropae, even if she was hatched in Lssthp, and the Atropae are the biggest pentitent family. If she's started taking Stheno heads, her family will back her, and the Stheno will retaliate. And of course the biggest shipping traebol going to the mattresses is the last thing we need if a naval battle is coming."
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-04-11 at 04:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Titan in the Playground

Servius
    "Perhaps the Majari can help. We just did some work for them, and if anyone is likely to have useful divination magic to find the truth of the matter out, they would."
    Magic can solve...well, not everything. But it's a reliable servant.
    Campaign Logs:

16. - Top - End - #646

Zombie

Ttharg Krixkrux

Something about the Captain being falsely accused of her true worship grinds something deep down in Ttharg's soul. Bahamut teaches freedom of choice and self-determinism, and everything about this situation flies in the face of it. He crunches his teeth together and paces back and forth on the deck for several minutes before finally composing himself and issuing orders for the return of the rest of the medical crew.

"Do we know where she be held?" He asks through gritted teeth. "I'm of a mind to ask Bahamut who it was who orchestrated this... an' feed their gizzards to the gulls." Almost subconsciously he pulls out the Scroll of Commune from his backpack. "If ye give me time to rest an' pray, I can also ask for a divination too. We owe it to the Captain to get our target an' course o' action right."

17. - Top - End - #647

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    Servius
    "Perhaps the Majari can help. We just did some work for them, and if anyone is likely to have useful divination magic to find the truth of the matter out, they would."
    Magic can solve...well, not everything. But it's a reliable servant.
    "Yes, we should keep our meeting with them regardless, whatever we use the favor for," Cocytus agrees. He glances at Nibum. "And our favor-broker should be there for the meeting, too, if someone can bring Zone of Truth."

Ttharg Krixkrux

Something about the Captain being falsely accused of her true worship grinds something deep down in Ttharg's soul. Bahamut teaches freedom of choice and self-determinism, and everything about this situation flies in the face of it. He crunches his teeth together and paces back and forth on the deck for several minutes before finally composing himself and issuing orders for the return of the rest of the medical crew.

"Do we know where she be held?" He asks through gritted teeth. "I'm of a mind to ask Bahamut who it was who orchestrated this... an' feed their gizzards to the gulls." Almost subconsciously he pulls out the Scroll of Commune from his backpack. "If ye give me time to rest an' pray, I can also ask for a divination too. We owe it to the Captain to get our target an' course o' action right."
    Cocytus rubs his face again. "Of course, you should all rest. There's nothing we can do in the middle of the night. A Commune would be amazing, Mr. Krixkrux." He looks at the four of you. "Will you go to talk to the Majari tomorrow? With the Captain gone, and I -- I should stay with the ship. Kabett and Cauda and I can hold it together."

Cauda stirs. She has been frozen in deep thought; now she coils low to embrace Fork. When she rises, she tells Ttharg:

"She'll be held in the Coliseum, near the docks. That's where they execute malisons," she says. "What a wicked place." She turns to Ttharg. "I will help you with your Commune, if you wish. I have never followed the Platinum Dragon, but I know something of faith." You know, because the spell is beyond your normal abilities, you will need to make an extra effort to use it.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    DC 15 Wisdom check

18. - Top - End - #648
    Titan in the Playground

Servius
    "Commune, and a discussion with the Majari first thing, then."

That night, Servius whispers a prayer to Apophis. He's had the dreams, and now someone is directly accusing the Captain of being unfaithful to the scaly gods. It must be part of the plot to free Tiamat, whom Apophis is helping to imprison. He beseeches Apophis for guidance and direction, as well as power to destroy Trionyx before he gets any closer to succeeding.
    Campaign Logs:

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Nibum is frustrated but everyone was making reasonable points which is the only reason he wasn't already at the colussium busting out the captain. He was fairly sure it wouldn't take much convincing of much of the crew or officers tho. He grumbled in his old man way but decided he'd instead just make something useful and spending time with triceratool minicliff and pteradactool. He says while working with the help of his assistants Guess im expanding the negniter family with you guys and well... suppose your younger siblings.. When it's finished he puts a pack upon his back and tries it out. First he brings his anytool to him little drones come out and turn invisible or perhaps they were just so small you'd miss them but either way they reached the target and his anytool reached him. Then he activated the drones again the tiny bots resembling (if you can get a good look) very tiny black dragons go over to triceratool and gently move him over as far as they could manage. In his workshop/room with his companions he saysWhat do you think of that brother? Family of constructs and shipmates. A name for this collective... how about... toolions? Eh work in progress. The device worked by siphoning excess power from the user and building more/powering the collective. It was controlled with thought. The troolions would convert small parts of various matters into whatever they needed to build more. He does ask before he goes to bed did you two learn to speak as well? he was curious. It was unlikely minicliff did since they could communicate telepathically but perhaps pteradactool cool as far fetched as that seemed. If pteradactool needed to say something they either would have already or had one of the other 2 speak for them.

20. - Top - End - #650

DruidGirl

Nibum is frustrated but everyone was making reasonable points which is the only reason he wasn't already at the colussium busting out the captain. He was fairly sure it wouldn't take much convincing of much of the crew or officers tho. He grumbled in his old man way but decided he'd instead just make something useful and spending time with triceratool minicliff and pteradactool. He says while working with the help of his assistants Guess im expanding the negniter family with you guys and well... suppose your younger siblings.. When it's finished he puts a pack upon his back and tries it out. First he brings his anytool to him little drones come out and turn invisible or perhaps they were just so small you'd miss them but either way they reached the target and his anytool reached him. Then he activated the drones again the tiny bots resembling (if you can get a good look) very tiny black dragons go over to triceratool and gently move him over as far as they could manage. In his workshop/room with his companions he saysWhat do you think of that brother? Family of constructs and shipmates. A name for this collective... how about... toolions? Eh work in progress. The device worked by siphoning excess power from the user and building more/powering the collective. It was controlled with thought. The troolions would convert small parts of various matters into whatever they needed to build more. He does ask before he goes to bed did you two learn to speak as well? he was curious. It was unlikely minicliff did since they could communicate telepathically but perhaps pteradactool cool as far fetched as that seemed. If pteradactool needed to say something they either would have already or had one of the other 2 speak for them.
    Pteradacool looks at you blankly, until Triceratool says:

Code:
    Say hello, Pteradactool.
    The familiar tilts its head and says:

Code:
    Hello, Pteradactool!
    It seems clear that while all the constructs can use the universal language, not all of them have something interesting to say. However, at intervals until you sleep the familiar chirps brightly:

Code:
    Hello, Pteradactool!

Servius, you reach out to Apophis; and perhaps in response, you dream again of the blasted landscape and furnace heat of Dis; again, what would be stultifying and stark to a human is pleasant to your reptilian sensibilities. Although the landscape seems similar to your previous dream of the Fire Plane, you stand before the gate of the city you glimpsed through the device, rather than the visible battling forms of Tiamat and Apophis. The only signs of the godly combat are the rumble of the ground under your feet and the five towers of stone around the city; like five fingers... or the five heads of Tiamat.

The city before you is alive with the sounds of battle and construction. Humans believe the Hell of Fire is for those who loved power and the exercise of it over their fellow man; and perhaps the presence of Tiamat and Apophis draws those souls as well. In the city before you a thousand thousand conflicting visions of tyrants and misunderstood geniuses do battle; towers rise and fall even as you watch.

Looking up, you see, distantly, a tiny opening of blue sky. Somewhere up there is mouth of the Sunhome Peak. You can also see the crowns of all five pillars of stone, though at the ground level, you are only close enough to see the bases of only two. You see huge gates of gold and of bronze at the base of those pillars, and your keen intellect remembers Nibum's description of the five gates of the gods, to which Trionyx has the passwords of two.

The tops of the five pillars are mostly bare, vague shapes of stone that might resemble heads if you were imaginative. But one of them is occupied. Even from here, you can see the heaps of treasure that mark a draconic horde. It is at the top of the pillar with gates of gold.... the gate of Rukon, the red dragon god.

Looking at this landscape, you wonder; are the Malatran defenses around those gates the only reason why Trionyx needs an army of pirates? Or will he need to pass through this city of thwarted tyrants to reach his goddess? Food for thought, at least.

The last thing you see is a gigantic ball of fire rolling through the air and towards the mouth of Sunhome. As you slept, the sun of the human world has crossed the Fire Plane and is preparing to emerge once more, bringing morning. After a long life under the astral skies of the Hic Sunt, the giant ball of flame seems somehow vulgar. But through your connection with the solar dragon egg you feel a wordless cry of exaltation and longing. That's where the egg wants to be.

Trying to stare into the flames, you have the vague of impression of a huge royal court, a courtyard and ramparts and pavilions carved out of the flame, and a blinding throne you cannot bear to look directly at. Attempting it, in fact, is what jolts you up from sleep.
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-04-13 at 08:54 AM.

21. - Top - End - #651

Zombie

Ttharg Krixkrux

Ttharg finds a cabin with a window to conduct the Commune ceremony in, with the aid of Cauda (and anyone else who wants to assist/be present for the results). He lights incense underneath the window and stares out at the sea and the night sky; framing the window in the cabin almost as a window into the divine realm of Bahamut. He inhales deeply from the incense as it burns away slowly beneath him. Gently, reverently, he unrolls the Scroll of Commune and begins to read aloud the ceremonial prayer for guidance. He opens his mind and his heart to Bahamut as he intones the prayer.

(Assuming it is successful - Wisdom Check of 24)

Ttharg asks of Bahamut three questions:

"If we do not intervene, is our Captain likely to die before Trionyx arrives here?"

"Are the Cnidaria traebol directly responsible for framing our Captain?"

"Is our guide here, Tohil, betraying our trust?"

22. - Top - End - #652

DruidGirl

Ttharg Krixkrux

Ttharg finds a cabin with a window to conduct the Commune ceremony in, with the aid of Cauda (and anyone else who wants to assist/be present for the results). He lights incense underneath the window and stares out at the sea and the night sky; framing the window in the cabin almost as a window into the divine realm of Bahamut. He inhales deeply from the incense as it burns away slowly beneath him. Gently, reverently, he unrolls the Scroll of Commune and begins to read aloud the ceremonial prayer for guidance. He opens his mind and his heart to Bahamut as he intones the prayer.

(Assuming it is successful - Wisdom Check of 24)

Ttharg asks of Bahamut three questions:

"If we do not intervene, is our Captain likely to die before Trionyx arrives here?"
    You feel your holy symbol, the vial of water from Bahamut's spring, grow warm; it seems this is how Bahamut is communicating a yes. And then another pulse of warmth; and another. 13 in all. Perhaps Bahamut is cheating a bit to tell you how many days until the Captain's trial by combat.

"Are the Cnidaria traebol directly responsible for framing our Captain?"
    Another pulse of heat, this one only lukewarm. You suspect the word 'directly' is the ambiguity. The Cnidaria do nothing by direct action... but Bahamut seems to indicate they are certainly at the root of this.

"Is our guide here, Tohil, betraying our trust?"
    Ice cold.

23. - Top - End - #653

Zombie

Ttharg Krixkrux

Ttharg bows his head in thanks to Bahamut's guidance. He gently blows out the incense and turns to the party: "Bahamut has given his answers. Our Captain will face a trial by combat in 13 days. Without our help, she will likely die." He grinds his teeth before continuing: "The Cnidaria traebol are the root o' our problem. They used to worship Tiamat, an' perhaps they hope that they will be rewarded for their actions to hinder us." He calms slightly: "Tohil isn't betraying us, at least; so we can continue to use their services without worry."

"We need to contact Siduri and Tegu an' let them know the Stheno aren't to blame for this; at least not directly. The last thing we need is for them to start guttin' Stheno over a mistake."

(Is there anyway we can contact Siduri and/or Tegu? Do they have radios?)

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

nibum

AC: 19 HP: 79/79
    PPer:15 PInv:17 PIst:15
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating: --

Nibum already packed and ready. Right lets go. Speak to the majarl then destroy the cnidaria then to break out the captain. if tegu is present he has his toolions dig into the pack for one of the axes Youll be wanting this.
    Last edited by zylodrizzt; 2024-04-14 at 01:56 AM.

25. - Top - End - #655

Zombie

Ttharg Krixkrux

Ttharg attempts to contact Siduri and Tegu over their earpieces. "Siduri? Tegu? It's Ttharg. We need ye to return to the ship immediately. We have information about what happened to the Captain an' who's responsible. If ye are going after who we think ye are going after, ye will be makin' a mistake, an' makin' the situation worse. Besides, we work best as a crew; not tryin' to get revenge by ourselves."

(Persuasion of 11)
    Last edited by The Commander; 2024-04-14 at 03:20 AM.

26. - Top - End - #656

DruidGirl

Ttharg Krixkrux

Ttharg attempts to contact Siduri and Tegu over their earpieces. "Siduri? Tegu? It's Ttharg. We need ye to return to the ship immediately. We have information about what happened to the Captain an' who's responsible. If ye are going after who we think ye are going after, ye will be makin' a mistake, an' makin' the situation worse. Besides, we work best as a crew; not tryin' to get revenge by ourselves."

(Persuasion of 11)
    There is no response from Siduri.

Tegu answers, eventually, saying:

"Aye? Well we have information of our own. Come into town in the morning and we'll compare notes, sawbones."

27. - Top - End - #657
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Cauda stirs. She has been frozen in deep thought; now she coils low to embrace Fork. When she rises, she tells Ttharg:

"She'll be held in the Coliseum, near the docks. That's where they execute malisons," she says. "What a wicked place." She turns to Ttharg. "I will help you with your Commune, if you wish. I have never followed the Platinum Dragon, but I know something of faith." You know, because the spell is beyond your normal abilities, you will need to make an extra effort to use it.
    Fork reciprocated the embrace the way a friend would. He wasn't sure if she needed a hug or if she felt that he needed one, or both but he obliged her. He shivered a the word execute and any and all comfort he'd received from her dissipated instantly.

Ttharg bows his head in thanks to Bahamut's guidance. He gently blows out the incense and turns to the party: "Bahamut has given his answers. Our Captain will face a trial by combat in 13 days. Without our help, she will likely die." He grinds his teeth before continuing: "The Cnidaria traebol are the root o' our problem. They used to worship Tiamat, an' perhaps they hope that they will be rewarded for their actions to hinder us." He calms slightly: "Tohil isn't betraying us, at least; so we can continue to use their services without worry."
    Fork sighed of relief hearing Tohil was not in league with their enemy. "I'll look for ways to hurt the Cnidaria and see if we can't put a dagger up their throats somehow to force them to release the Captain. If anything, we need some leverage. Do we know who are running the Colloseum?" He asked, thinking out loud.

During the trip back he rested, although it was a hard fought rest, almost forced. The rest of the time was spent, thinking plotting and hoping. Lots of hoping.

28. - Top - End - #658

DruidGirl

Morning comes; the blaze of light over Sunhome, the short-lived blue skies overhead, the warm glow of temporary vitality from the solar dragon egg.

More of the crew has returned over night. A handful of stragglers are making apologies over the earpieces and looking for fishing boats or water taxis to carry them out to the White Cliff, or asking to return on the tender. The lizardfolk shaman Ttharg recruited here in Malatra has not made it back nor responded, and no one is sure if he had taken an earpiece or not. He may have taken fright at the arrest; he's hardly been on the ship long enough to have any loyalty to the Captain.

You make your way into the docks while the sun is still visible in the sky. Tohil and her brother Ajaw swoop down when they see you. "Hello hello," she says, in a grimmer version of her usual rapid-fire chatter. "Very bad news about the Captain, very bad misunderstanding. I don't understand this, this is not normal at all. If the Templars want to arrest you for something like this, they send word ahead, some money changes hands, oops, the ship is gone when they come. Hardly ever, they actually catch you. This kind of crime, only people without money get arrested for this."
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-04-14 at 06:41 PM.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Fork shook the siblings hands. "We're being set up, they're going above and beyond to make sure we can't interfere with Trionix. We need our captain back as soon as possible."

He put his arm around Ajaw and led him a few steps away from his sister. Not so that she wouldn't hear it, but more a respect of privacy sort of thing to give the both of them plausible deniability. "Can you do me a massive favor? I need you to check in with Madame Bothrops and find us ways to really hurt the Cnidaria. They've put a knife at our throats and I want to return the favor. I want them to deliver our captain back to us with a bowtie and an apology served as soon as possible. Find us a way to do that."

Fork knew it was a long shot but there was no stone he wouldn't leave unturned to get the captain back.

He made his way below deck to adress the marines, or those that were onboard at least. Fork just wanted to make extra sure they were ready at a moments notice.. for anything. And he made it their responsibility that the whole ship and its entire crew were armed to the teeth and ready for business. This was martial law as far as Fork was concerned.

He returned to the group. "I'm extremely curious about what Siduri and Tegu are up to."

30. - Top - End - #660

DruidGirl

Ajaw nods and swoops away, gaining height over the Malison District.

At the mention of Tegu, Tohil nods vigorously. "Yes! Got her message, Tegu. She will meet you at the Malison Baths. Said she'll be there all morning."

"If you want to see her, I can go ahead to the jail, shake the right hands for a prisoner visit. Should be able to pay extra for a private meeting, but I don't know... The Templars are being extra nasty."
    She puts out her own hand for gold to pave your way into the Coliseum cells.

By now a few of the remaining crewmen are filtering into the docks, and Able Seaman Snapscale volunteers to guard the tender until your business in the city is done.