New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

The barrage of elemental attacks knocks the stormtrooper to the catwalk and sends him skidding backwards almost back to the elevator doors. He roars and heaves himself to his feet, barreling forwards once more, although he is staggering. He hurls his grenade towards Fork, and the explosion catches Nibum and Ttharg as well.

Spoiler: Nibum
    Show
    You hear a psionic cry in your head from Goronglix at the last moment and dodge a shard of shrapnel coming at the back of your head.

Cocytus lets out his own roar and charges to meet the shock trooper.

Spoiler: Summary
    Show

ACTIONS: Shock Trooper merges from the elevator and moves 30 feet. Crossbow bolt hits for (19 dmg). Call Lightning (passes save, 11 dmg) knocks him back 10 ft. Firebolt hits (18 dmg) and knocks him prone.

He rises from prone and moves forward 15 feet. Frostbite is triggered and he fails the save (8 dmg). He uses his bonus action Aggressive Movement to get within 60 feet of the back row.

He then uses his action to throw a grenade, which catches Fork, Nibum, Triceratool and Ttharg. (16 dmg, halved on a DC 15 DEX save. Only Fork saves initially (8 dmg); however, Goronglix uses his reaction for Flash of Genius, so Nibum also saves. Triceratool has resistance (8 dmg) but passes the same to Nibum (total of 8+8=16 dmg). Ttharg takes the full damage (16 dmg).

The shock trooper is bloodied. He is 45 feet from Nibum and 60 feet from the back row.

Cocytus moves 30 feet and uses his action to dash, ending toe to toe with the Shock Trooper. He uses his bonus action to shift his hunter's mark.

Goronglix uses his action to maintain control of the station systems (Investigation Check, 9). Elder brain tries to take control (spell attack roll, 17). Goronglix rolls an Int Save to stop it, and uses his reaction on Flash of Genius again to make the save and maintain control.

DAMAGE:
    Nibum - 28 damage
    Ttharg - 29 damage
    Fork - 19 damage
    Servius - 0 damage

Triceratool: 14 damage
    Rumble - 3 damage

Cocytus - 5 damage
    Goronglix - 33 damage

Shock Trooper - 56 damage

INITIATIVE:
    22 - Orc Shock Trooper
    16 - Fork
    15 - Goronglix
    11 - Cocytus

8 - Nibum
    4 - Ttharg
    2 - Servius
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-01-30 at 07:54 PM.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Servius Calventius Pamphilius
    Yuan-ti Evoker
    AC: 17 HP: 38/38
    PPer: 11 PInv: 18 PIst: 11
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating: Melf's (4/6 remain)

Two of the four balls of flame leave their orbit around Servius' head, exploding just behind the armored orc, even as frost spreads across his armor.

Spoiler
    Show

(2d6)[10] fire, Dex DC 15 half
    Orc dex (1d20)[16]+?
    (2d6)[3] fire, Dex DC 15 half
    Orc dex (1d20)[13]+?

Frostbite (2d6)[6] cold damage, Con DC 15 half rather than no damage
    On a failed save, disadvantage on next attack roll.
    Orc con (1d20)[8]+?
    Things published on DM's Guild
    Campaign Logs:
    Baldur's Gate 2 (ongoing)
    Castle Dracula (Castlevania)
    Against the Idol of the Sun (high level hexcrawl)

3. - Top - End - #273

Zombie

Ttharg Krixkrux

Ttharg bore the brunt of the explosion, trying his best to protect the egg in his backpack.

Ttharg is bloodied.

In response, he hurled another bolt of lightning at the Orc, aiming it to avoid hitting the First Mate.

He also began moving away from the line of fire for further grenades or a charge.

Spoiler
    Show
    DC 15 Dex save from Elite Orc: (1d20)[5]+mods for (4d10)[17] Lightning Damage, save for half. He is also pushed 10ft away from me, regardless of save.
    Move 30ft to the left to hopefully avoid further grenades.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

When hit with the Grenade nibum had the thought to record that sound. The sound was already deafening and he was going to amplify it. Even before the explosion was done him and triceratool were rushing toward the thrower. With a thrust nibum brings delima against the armored head. What can one do when unable to pierce armor? Vibrate it violently and with that nibum unleashed the amplified explosion against the helm. The figure drops its things to grasp at its armored head still vibrating from the attack echoing and bouncing between the metallic surfaces causing many types of injuries to the figures head like concussions or lacerations from the intense vibration. The figure was still grasping its head as it fell to its knees and then to the floor blood leaking from the helm in a pool.

5. - Top - End - #275

DruidGirl

Cocytus doesn't wait for the body to stop twitching before he picks up the fallen orc's tremendous greatsword. Almost as an afterthought he grabs the two remaining grenades as well. His looting is interrupted by Goronglix, who engulfs the body and vanishes it within their gloopy interior. Turns out they've got, or are, a bag of holding.

"'Strewth that was fast, lads! Love to see it! But no time for looting, they're fighting me hard for control..."

They quickly lay out the situation on the next two floors, as they can discern it from communication chatter.

Spoiler: Ventilation
    Show
    An elite orc, Flamon is up there, with the remaining 2 overseers and 3 supervisors, waiting to mount a last stand. They will likely be waiting at the top of the elevator. Flamon is a melee warrior with some psionic ability:

The squids liked this guy so much they turned him into some kind of psionic ghost when he got too old. Dunno how he wound up out here, though. His luck must have changed.

Spoiler: Control Room
    Show
    The last elite orc, Oroduin, is there, with the illithid brain that controls the station. She is on standby to evacuate the brain if the others fail, using a helm of teleportation. The remaining orc technicians are there; they are not much use in a fight, but the brain won't hesitate to use them as fodder while it escapes. If it does, it will surely trigger a self-destruct.

Oroduin's a slippery character. Spy, rogue, face-changer. Tell you true, there's a bit of a chance she'll take the helm of teleportation and scarper without the brain!

"Now, we just met and I don't know what all you're here for. Me, I just want my helm and some kind of wreck to strap it to so I can bugger off back to wildspace. Maybe kill every orc who got aggressive with the ol' stun stick on my way out the door. But if you want anything from the control room, we'll have to be fast, because they don't want anybody getting their hands on that info."

"I will not suffer an elder brain to escape into the world," says Cocytus through gritted teeth. "Not if I can stop it in any way."
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-01-31 at 03:09 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276

Zombie

Ttharg Krixkrux

Ttharg made a quick prayer to Bahamut to heal his own wounds, and the Blue Dragonborn's cuts and bruises began to stitch back together.

Ttharg is no longer bloodied.

"A dash for the Control Room then, lads? I could always create a cloud o' fog either around us in the elevator or upon the Orcs once we're at the top. Mind ye, if they have more grenades that might be a problem. Perhaps we could send the elevator up empty, but with the cloud o' fog, bait them into throwing their grenades early?"

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

"I like the idea of sending the elevator up without people in it to bait them." Fork said as he looked at the large orc-turned blender in front of him. "We would be running into a similar trap up there and that.. was.. brutal." He said with reverence to Nibum. "Remind me to not get on your bad side old man." He joked as he considered the options in front of them.

"I want to stop that brain at all costs. And dropping all of us through the roof just might be the most direct way to achieve that. If you're in for a bit of a climb?"

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Nibum pulls out some tools and lays then out relatively quickly after a quick assessment of damage on triceratool grumbling about the work he has to do. Just before starting he lights up something like a cigarette and pours some coffee like substance from his thurmice. He puts on a hood and starts sparking on tricatool sealing a gash. He finishes with grinding that triceratool seems to enjoy but hard to say. As he does this he says loudly over the clatter goronglix we are here to kill pig men and such things relating to the squid brains. It occurs to me that this is some cool arcano tech and perhaps there is a way to get visual on the other floors? Think i could lend you a hand on that if so. If they are waiting by the elevator I don't think a catraption would survive to deliver its payload but i do like the idea of diversion. We might miss the sneaky swine tho

He might have a grin on his face as he says to fork maybe ill show you more someday. Lots of clever ways to end someone.

9. - Top - End - #279

DruidGirl

As you enter the elevator, you notice it has been severely damaged by the shock trooper during his time trapped in it. This includes apparently punching out a trap door in the roof and several large dents in the doors. Through the trap door, you can see the shaft extends for about one hundred feet above; the generator room is huge.

Goronglix's response lags, as they seem to stare into space thinking. "Huh? No, no images. Probably better for us there aren't, really. But I do think I can cut their comms for a bit, so they can't talk between levels. Let me know when you want it."
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-02-01 at 11:27 AM.

10. - Top - End - #280

Zombie

Ttharg Krixkrux

Ttharg decided to go over the plan one last time.

"So, we hide on the roof o' this elevator. I'll create a cloud o' fog inside the elevator to try an' make the ink brains fire their weapons and grenades at it. Once that happens, ye can cut the communication Mr Goronglix. We will drop down from the roof, and head towards the east of the room for the other elevator; that be right as we leave the elevator. Try to use grenades an' powers on the right-most Orcs and I'll create a storm o' snow on the main group to slow 'em down and keep 'em guess. We run as fast as we can towards the elevator, get on it together, send it up, and then try to jam it to prevent the other smooth skins followin' us. Then we take out the scaleyrot Rogue and the Bahamut-forsaken brain. Sound correct lads?"

Once confirmed, Ttharg ascended onto the roof of the elevator through the trap door (I'm sure we can boost each other up, then reach down to pick others up, without too much issue). As soon as the elevator is set into motion, Ttharg will create a Fog Cloud that fills the elevator.

Spoiler: The Plan
    Show

Get on the roof of the elevator.
    Once it is in motion, Ttharg will cast Fog Cloud inside the elevator.
    As we reach the vent room and the doors open, wait for the Orcs to use any grenades/readied actions to attack the space inside the elevator.
    Goronglix should cut communications at this point.
    After this, jump down from the trap door, begin running towards the west of the room, using any grenades/spells/ranged attacks on clearing the eastern-most Orcs so that we have an unimpeded path to run to; aiming to run as quick as possible towards the next elevator. Ttharg will also cast Sleet Storm on the main body of Orcs, catching as many as possible whilst still giving us a safe path to the western side.
    With any luck, we'll all reach the next elevator and can ascend to the next level.
    Goronglix can hopefully jam the elevator once we've reached the top to prevent the other Orcs from following.
    Attack the Rogue and the Brain.
    Last edited by The Commander; 2024-02-02 at 09:05 AM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

sounds about right but i think a bit more is needed. Goronglix is there a way to make these earpieces just hear each other? That would make it easier to signal each other. Triceratool get that body upright and put it in the elevator nibum begins trying to figure out a way to make the dead orc keep standing. Perhaps just a rope being held through the hole in the roof.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Fork climbed up the elevator roof as well, and helped out with the ropes holding the large orc. With ropes connected to his arms he even looked like a real meat puppet and they could wave his arms around a bit.

"I can also ask Rumble to hide behind it, to help prop it up and charge out as soon as the doors open?" He looked at his friend, knowing that it was a big ask, but both Fork and Rumble knew that the Drake could take a hit and while it was uncomfortable to get shot, the drake would simply visit the spirit realms where he came from until Fork summoned him again. The whole process of being apart was not something they enjoyed, quite the opposite. But it was also something they knew they could overcome. Besides, Rumble might clear the elevator without issue.. "One less on the roof here too."

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Servius
    Service coils his tail and leaps up, using the boost to grab the top of the elevator with his arms. He holds himself in a pull-up position while curling the tip of his tail up until it also reaches through the gap, resting on the far side. This lets him straighten himself until he's completely out of the elevator, then roll to one side to be on solid ground.
    Campaign Logs:

14. - Top - End - #284

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by zylodrizzt View Post
    sounds about right but i think a bit more is needed. Goronglix is there a way to make these earpieces just hear each other? That would make it easier to signal each other. Triceratool get that body upright and put it in the elevator nibum begins trying to figure out a way to make the dead orc keep standing. Perhaps just a rope being held through the hole in the roof.
    "Too late for that now, mate," Goronglix says, regurgitating the body for your macabre puppet show. They ooze up onto the roof without difficulty. "I've got to stay focused on what I'm doing."

As the elevator begins to rise, Ttharg's Fog Cloud fills it with mist. Crouched on the roof of the elevator, Ttharg, you feel a pulse of warmth from your backpack that spreads to fill the tight space. Those of you with wounds feel them healed completely in that moment.

The ride is brief; the elevator stops just short of the roof of the shaft, forcing you all into a tight crouch, although Goronglix just gets shorter and fatter.

The elevator doors slide open silently, and a hail of crossbow bolts strike the corpse and the back of the elevator. The mist begins to rapidly dissipate, drawn in by the ventilation systems of the room, but initially it blows directly into the faces of the waiting orcs. The noise of the ventilation system and the whirring axle of the turbine is incredible.

Goronglix speaks into all your minds. Comms are down. I've locked them out of the system entirely now.

Then a different voice crackles over the mental bandwidth: Check it out. Those of you peeking through the hatch can see one of the supervisors cautiously step inside and examine the body.

"IT'S BANJIRIM," he shouts over the ventilation system. "THEY AREN'T HERE!"

Dead wrong.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

--The egg gave off a radiant pulse that healed 19 damage for everyone but Triceratool.
    --Goronglix scored a crit on his hacking check and has locked the orcs and brain out of the system entirely.
    --Climbing down from the roof will use half your movement, like rising from prone.
    --The vent room is very noisy and full of winds, as if the entire room was under a Warding Wind spell, although the room is not difficult terrain. This includes disadvantage for ranged attacks.
    --In the winds, the Fog Cloud will move and also disperse over several rounds; it can't be stopped from moving, but Ttharg can make concentration checks each round to hold it together, DC 15.

DAMAGE:
    Nibum - 0 damage
    Ttharg - 0 damage
    Fork - 0 damage
    Servius - 0 damage

Triceratool: 4 damage
    Rumble - 0 damage

Cocytus - 0 damage
    Goronglix - 14 damage

INITIATIVE:
    16 - Fork
    15 - Goronglix
    11 - Cocytus
    8 - Nibum
    4 - Ttharg
    2 - Servius
    1 - Orcs
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-02-02 at 10:18 AM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

frown Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

From the fog, the large orc tumbles forward. From out behind it a monstrous winged shape emerges.

It jumped over the large body growling, and bolted out of the elevator. Simultaneously Fork hit the ground and ran out of the elevator. Past the orcs, hopefully confused and blinded by the fog, and in the general direction described to him. In the chaos he fired his hand crossbow from the hip, left-handed and the whistle let Rumble know to infuse the general direction of the bolt.

The satisfying sound of a 'Kathunk' was the only indication that Fork had hit anything, but he did not stop to admire his shot. He ran for all he was worth.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Move: move 45ft
    Action: Dash

Bonus action: Fire a hand crossbow bolt. disadvantage lowest was: 22 to hit for 6 damage total

Rumble: Just runs 80ft

Last edited by Dirty; 2024-02-02 at 11:30 AM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Servius drops to the ground with a thump and slithers as fast as he can.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dash for a total of 45' movement. I assume we are moving left/west on the map once out of the elevator in the most direct route to the circular elevator.
    Campaign Logs:

17. - Top - End - #287

DruidGirl

Goronglix sends another mental message:

I've got my own business in the vault. Don't worry, I can control the elevators from there. And I'll try to activate the rails!

They drop from the top of the elevator and ooze to the east, headed for the small room that houses the vault. They take an opportunity attack but don't slow down, ducking through the door and extending a pseudopod to the controls beside the door to lock it behind them.

Cocytus follows the rest of the group, barreling to the west, and positions himself in a narrow gap between a cart of materials and the roaring vent. He raises the orc's over-sized sword and bellows something.

Spoiler: Perception 12+
    Show
    "I'll hold them off! Get to that brain!"
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-02-03 at 11:34 AM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Sticking to the plan nibum rides triceratool through the hole in the ceiling. He grabs tthragg as he rushes past

19. - Top - End - #289

Zombie

Ttharg Krixkrux

The ruse had worked, and everything was going to plan so far; especially with the unexpected help from the solar egg. Ttharg jumped down from the roof of the elevator and began moving in the direction of the next elevator. His movement was assisted by his allies, and at the last moment he turned and called forth a storm of snow and sleet to cover the area the orcs occupied. The cloud of fog he had called earlier disappeared in an instant. "Keep moving lads!" He called.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action to jump down and move as far as possible towards the next elevator. Movement assisted by the party.
    Main Action to cast Sleet Storm (3rd Level) to cover the Orcs. Save DC is 15. Fog Cloud disappears.

20. - Top - End - #290

DruidGirl

As the orcs feel you brush past, they snatch at you fruitlessly, then try to give chase. But the sleet storm comes. There is a horrible, unearthly clatter as the Orc Commander collapses, his hollow armor chiming unpleasantly. There are more thuds as several of the other orcs go down as well, although the blinding sleet makes it hard to tell which ones. One of the Orc Supervisor lunges out of the sleet and swings at Cocytus with his mace, but he is still blinded with ice and misses. The Orc Commander looms at the edge of the icy storm, unable to reach you, but then he hurls his shield. It ricochets between the walls three times, but fails to hit Nibum every time before returning to the elite orc.

Cocytus flings a grenade into the sleet storm, past the orc in his face. It detonates, the fireball engulfing the space right up to the paladin's face, but he doesn't flinch. The orc in front of him is killed instantly. The Commander goes down again, a clangor that echoes in the mind. A cart, loaded with supplies, is knocked off of the rail by the explosion and skids across the ground, shoving Triceratool and Nibum back a few feet.

The floor of the room is damaged too, a twenty foot section burnt and sagging dangerously, especially as the ice begins to build up on it. The floor creaks under the weight of the orcs, and through a crack you can see the light of the generator room below. It seems to only be supported by the rail running along the floor here.

"Nibum!" Cocytus shouts. "Drag the end of that cart around and we'll bottleneck them! I'll hold them here!" He backs up a few feet to block a narrow path between the nearest vent and the other end of the cart. It only need to be moved a little bit...but it still looks really heavy.

Spoiler: Goronglix
    Show
    Two of the orcs, an overseer and a supervisor, follow Goronglix, having felt them brush past. The supervisor scored a hit against them, but the plasmoid kept going, dodging into the room to the east. The overseer keeps her head in the sleet storm and follows them to the door, bashing through it.

Inside, Goronglix is typing hurriedly at a console against one wall, then dives away, landing on a cart in the middle of the room.

Suddenly, all over the room, the line of tracks leading through the large space burst into glowing life.

One end of the cart, the one still on the rail, begins to hover, making it a lot easier to pivot the whole cart. (DC 5 Athletics check, as an action)

Sparks spit and jump from the icy rails within the sleet storm, and the floor groans ominously.

Spoiler: Hovertrack mechanics
    Show
    Because of Goronglix's ridiculous hacking check, you can ride the hoverrails 25 feet for each 5 of movement you have to spend. It is 150 feet from the nearest track to the elevator, so a full move or dash action should get you to the elevator.

However, to turn any corners you must make a DC 15 DEX save. On a failure you fly off the rail and into the wall, taking 2d6 damage, and your turn is over.

Spoiler: Summary
    Show
    Most of the orcs fail the DEX save and go prone, severely limiting their movement. Movement is halved even for the ones who succeed.

Only one orc reaches the group, an Orc Supervisor who reaches Cocytus. He attacks with disadvantage and fails. The Commander makes three ranged attacks with his shield. An orc overseer, chasing Goronglix, makes it to the door to the east and makes a DC 15 Athletics check to break down the door. However, he is out of movement.

Cocytus uses his attack to throw a grenade. The orc supervisor is killed outright; the orc commander falls prone and takes the full damage. The orc overseer makes the save and takes half damage. The cart is blown off the track and falls against Triceratool for 1 damage.

In the eastern room, Goronglix moves ten feet to a console and uses his action to make another hacking check. He rolls with advantage because he is at the console and has locked out the brain. He rolls two natural 20s, reactivating the tracks that run around the room to move materials. He then moves another 15 feet to a levitating cart on the track and jumps on, gliding down to the vault door.

DAMAGE:
    Nibum - 0 damage
    Ttharg - 0 damage
    Fork - 0 damage
    Servius - 0 damage

Triceratool: 5 damage
    Rumble - 0 damage

Cocytus - 0 damage
    Goronglix - 14 damage

Orc Supervisor 1 - dead
    Orc Supervisor 2 - 0 dmg
    Orc Supervisor 3 - 0 dmg
    Orc Overseer 1 - 13 dmg
    Orc Overseer 2 - 0 dmg
    Orc Commander - 26

INITIATIVE:
    16 - Fork
    15 - Goronglix
    11 - Cocytus

8 - Nibum
    4 - Ttharg
    2 - Servius
    1 - Orcs
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-02-05 at 08:43 AM.

21. - Top - End - #291

Zombie

Ttharg Krixkrux

Ttharg began moving towards the hover rail, sensing that it would help propel him and the rest of the party toward their ultimate goal quicker. "Never thought this old sea drake would be using squid tech to get around, but here we be." He says to himself.

Before he gets to the hover rail he turns and calls back to Cocytus, who appears intent on staying behind to cover the party: "Are ye really just going to stand there and let a follower of Bahamut beat ye to first blood on the Elder Brain? Come on and show me the wrath o' Tenebrous!"

He doesn't wait for an answer and instead hops onto the hover rail, which sends him speeding down the track towards the T junction. He jumps off just before the turn, not wanting to risk sliding off and putting the solar egg at risk.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action + Dash to get to the Hover Rail, get on and ride it to the T junction, jumping off before the turn to not worry about a Dex Save. Continue Concentrating on Sleet Storm. DC 15 still.

22. - Top - End - #292

DruidGirl

The dragonborn doesn't move, but positions himself more squarely in the gap between the cart and the vent. "Nothing matters more than stopping that brain," he shouts over the din. Goaded by Ttharg, he finds he is explaining himself to the rest of you, since Ttharg is no longer here. "They have to be held here so you can get upstairs and stop it from escaping, and someone has to buy the time. We understand these things in the Navy."

His eyes drop to the damage section of floor, now held up mostly by the rail that crosses it. "Besides, I might still have a trick up my sleeve."
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-02-04 at 04:23 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Yuan-ti Evoker
    Concentrating: Melf's (2/6 remain)

Servius fires the last two meteors back at the orcs before slithering forward and hopping onto the rails, riding them to the end before rolling off, a bit unsteadily.
    Spoiler
    Show

I think I can only hit one orc, so I'll go with the teal one closest to the First Mate.
    (2d6)[5] and (2d6)[7] fire damage Dex DC 15 half
    Orc dex (1d20)[4]
    Orc dex (1d20)[6]
    Dashing, and riding the rail all the way down to the turn before hopping off.
    Campaign Logs:

24. - Top - End - #294

DruidGirl

The fireballs hit the Orc Commander and gong off his hollow armor -- and the bursts of flame damage the rail, which sends up a shower of sparks. In combination with the explosions, it rips the last chunk of floor panel free from the bent and melted rail and the entire piece of ground, 20 feet in diameter, drops down into the Generator level. It takes the Orc Commander, still prone, and an orc overseer with it. Sleet sprays down through the hole into the generator room.

Cocytus says an unprintable Orcusian blasphemy and throws up his hands, then collects himself to run towards the rail.
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-02-04 at 04:45 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Fork runs up and kind of tony hawk style grinds the rails on his tail to get as much speed going as possible. It's a sweet experience, right up until he forgets to slow down for the corner.

"Wow this is kind of cool guys, check me out. Oh fu.."

Show
    Actions: Full move, hit the hover rail and slam into the wall in the first corner for 5 damage

Before Fork could stand up, Rumble crashed similarly right into the wall. The two looked dumbfounded at each other for a moment before sharing a laugh and a quick hug.

Show
    Actions: Full move, hit the hover rail and slam into the wall in the first corner for 7 damage
    Last edited by Dirty; 2024-02-04 at 04:54 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Well... dont think you gotta plug the hole anymore. Lets head up. Cant do it without you sir. as he pushes the cart in hoping to hurt the orcs more. He then turns to jump in a cart.

27. - Top - End - #297

DruidGirl

Cocytus follows the rest of the group, riding the rail to the curve and then jumping off to avoid the corners; running to the next straightaway and gliding the last twenty-five feet to the elevator. He takes his place inside and prepares for an attack when they emerge in the control room.

Spoiler: Insight 10+
    Show
    Cocytus is experiencing a lot of emotions; he knows he's been largely deadweight on this mission, a mission that is very important to him personally. He was prepared to die to see it succeed, a moment ago; prepared to live, too, if his 'ace up his sleeve' had worked. Then that moment disappeared and he's left with the hangover.

Spoiler: Insight 15+
    Show
    Servius accomplished it without even intending too, barely even looking. The fact that his grenade laid the groundwork doesn't feel like enough. He knows the four of you are in the grip of some force, are getting stronger all the time, and he knows that he's not, and that's hard to swallow for an old-school traditionalist dragonborn like himself.

He is enjoying watching you kill orcs, though.

Spoiler: Out of your sight
    Show

Spoiler: Goronglix
    Show
    Goronglix glides on the cart for a dozen feet, more or less, and leaps off at the vault door. The overseer is hot on their heels, and a supervisor follows them into the room. They both use the rail to catch up to them, but the plasmoid dodges all the attacks, then flattens out and oozes under the vault door. Knowing the overseer has a key, they attempt to fuse the lock mechanism with their tools, but a spark jumps from the circuits and the door opens wide.

"Ah. Hello. So what had happened was--" the plasmoid begins nervously... but the orcs are lying slumped on the ground. Not dead; unconscious. Goronglix extends a pseudopod to their airways to rectify this as they try to figure out what is happening.

Back at the console on the other side of the room, a small plasmoid homunculus detached from the larger mass of Goronglix emerges from hiding and waits to reactivate the elevators when the reptilians call for it.

Spoiler: Commander Flamon
    Show
    Commander Flamon extends his will to the orcs he has led here for many years. His psionic energy form is nearly extinguished, but as he draws the lifeforce from his nearest subordinates his flame grows tall and straight once more. (Upstairs, the remaining orc overseer and supervisors slump over unconscious, and in the control room one of the communications specialists falls face first into her keyboard.)

He rises from prone and stumps towards the elevator to wait, sword and boomerang shield in his hands. His communications to the control room are cut off and he can't get to the invaders in time; whatever happens in the control room will happen. Either he's waiting for the all-clear... or for vengeance.

When his power is full-ripe again, he extends his will once more and calls up the minds of three of the orcs who have died here today. They were born to serve. They will continue to serve.

Spoiler: Infiltrator Oroduin
    Show
    Infiltrator Oroduin waits upstairs for the sign to go or stay. The comms are down, but it has only been a few moments. Surely Flamon and his men are still fighting. Around her, the comms specialists are working to download everything from the station's computers onto a travelling crystal. Orc technicians roused from sleep man the guns on the roof or try desperately to regain control of the elevators or simply bar the door to the brain.

And the brain waits, expectantly. It doesn't want things, feel things, like an orc or a reptilian or even a true illithid. It just... knows things. Thinks things. Commands things. It has commanded her to save it, and all the data from this station, if the invaders make it this far.

She's... considering it.
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-02-05 at 12:51 AM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

While Forks doubts about belonging in the group due to him coming close to dying had been put to the back of his mind for the time being, the feeling about slowing the team down and being dead weight was recognisable to him.

"To sacrifice for a just cause is commendable, but the highest virtue lies in a lifelong commitment to it. Set aside the green-eyed monster of jealousy, and let selfless service be the guiding light."

Fork simply stated so Cocytus could hear. There was too much going on so there was no time for a pat on the back or even eye contact to see if his words were taken as intended. Fork just spoke words true to his own beliefs. A life of servitude, brought on by a clan who's whole existence revolved around serving, these words were more than a simple chiding in the moment. They were his dogma.

Show

Move the rest of the moves necessary to get to the elevator.

Last edited by Dirty; 2024-02-05 at 03:02 AM.

29. - Top - End - #299

Zombie

Ttharg Krixkrux

Ttharg was glad Cocytus was with the group again: it was important they stay together. He moved and made use of the Hover Rail once again and made it into the elevator. He then raised his Shield and braced himself for what they might discover when the doors reopened on the floor above.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move into the elevator, Dodge Action

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Yuan-ti Evoker
    Concentrating: --

Servius hurries to the elevator, riding the last straight patch of rails again. He prepares to cast a 2nd level Magic Missile at the most dangerous target (preferably the brain) when the doors open.
    Campaign Logs: