New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Domino Quartz's Delightfully Quaint Random Banter Thread #248

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Things that weird me out about America: no kitties on the streets.
    That really should not weird you out, unless by "streets" you mean "native habitats that i sometimes wander through".
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    That really should not weird you out, unless by "streets" you mean "native habitats that i sometimes wander through".
    By streets I mean 'lounging in the middle of the road until a car's coming'. Or just loitering on the pavement like some kind of teenager.

While indoor cats aren't that rare here in my experience even in the cities most are outdoor felines. I personally refuse to get a cat until I'm living somewhere I can install a catflap.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

By streets I mean 'lounging in the middle of the road until a car's coming'. Or just loitering on the pavement like some kind of teenager.

While indoor cats aren't that rare here in my experience even in the cities most are outdoor felines. I personally refuse to get a cat until I'm living somewhere I can install a catflap.
    Roads are not, as a rule, cat safe in America.

But also, we have plenty of outdoor and feral cats. We just also have lots of outdoors that isnt roads.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

4. - Top - End - #724

You know that old Twitter post where someone said their neighbor got a pet cat but a coyote ate it so they got another andythe coyote ate it too and this repeated several times and eventually the person said to the neighbor "at this point i think you have a oet coyote and you just feed it cats"?

That's kind of the vibe I'm getting from your recap of English cities. Like, do y'all just have a pet cat for 1-5 years until it dies statistically? Or feed cats to your pet cars or something?

5. - Top - End - #725
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    But also, we have plenty of outdoor and feral cats. We just also have lots of outdoors that isnt roads.
    Oh please, you need all those roads for the packs of wild cars

You know that old Twitter post where someone said their neighbor got a pet cat but a coyote ate it so they got another andythe coyote ate it too and this repeated several times and eventually the person said to the neighbor "at this point i think you have a oet coyote and you just feed it cats"?

That's kind of the vibe I'm getting from your recap of English cities. Like, do y'all just have a pet cat for 1-5 years until it dies statistically? Or feed cats to your pet cars or something?
    We don't have pet cats, they just occasionally take pity on us and graciously inhabit the same building for a time.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

6. - Top - End - #726

We don't have pet cats, they just occasionally take pity on us and graciously inhabit the same building for a time.
    That time ending when they die in their youth, i assume.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Colossus in the Playground

What Peelee is tactfully tiptoeing around is that domesticated cats should not be out-door animals, especially if you've any desire for them to live happy, healthy lives... or if you want anything else in nature to live a happy, healthy life as well. Domesticated cats going feral or just generally being allowed outside in general causes widespread ecological destruction and also endangers the life of the cat severely.

Meanwhile in Zodi land: I'm so ****ing tired of thai food please help. No-milk pancakes on noodles with thai chili is what is for lunch today and I am dying.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2024-03-06 at 01:51 PM.

8. - Top - End - #728

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    What Peelee is tactfully tiptoeing around is
    I thought i had the subtlety of a cannonball, so i giggled a bit at that.
    Meanwhile in Zodi land: I'm so ****ing tired of thai food please help. No-milk pancakes on noodles with thai chili is what is for lunch today and I am dying.
    Fun fact! Most Thai restaurants are a form of culinary diplomacy!

9. - Top - End - #729

Is there a reason why you've been eating thai food so much?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #730

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    It's not her fault, her hands are Thai'd.

11. - Top - End - #731

I thought i had the subtlety of a cannonball, so i giggled a bit at that.

Fun fact! Most Thai restaurants are a form of culinary diplomacy!
    I'm aware this is probably a set up for a joke but by all means, elaborate.

My dad's back from vacation and every time he comes back from vacation his girlfriend comes back with him for six months. She cooks all the food and is from Thailand so she just cooks what comes naturally.

I realize it's silly to complain about home cooked meals every day for every meal sans breakfast but there comes a point where I cannot stand pork or noodles and it is shocking how quickly that point comes. She made some braised chicken the other day and also some croquettes that were heavenly but like god damn there's just too much flavour and texture profile stuff that hits like a cheese grater.

In other news: I've survived another enemy. Rooster Teeth has officially been closed by Warner Brothers. On the one hand it sucks that an omni corporation is in control of so much media, but on the other hand RT as a company was awful to their employees and it may be for the best for them. I hope they find a better place to work soon.

12. - Top - End - #732

I'm aware this is probably a set up for a joke but by all means, elaborate.
    It's actually not. And i can't get into it too much at the moment, but it's easy to google.

13. - Top - End - #733

In other news: I've survived another enemy. Rooster Teeth has officially been closed by Warner Brothers. On the one hand it sucks that an omni corporation is in control of so much media, but on the other hand RT as a company was awful to their employees and it may be for the best for them. I hope they find a better place to work soon.
    Is the WB gonna be doing anything with RTs properties or are all of those dead as well?

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

What Peelee is tactfully tiptoeing around is that domesticated cats should not be out-door animals, especially if you've any desire for them to live happy, healthy lives... or if you want anything else in nature to live a happy, healthy life as well. Domesticated cats going feral or just generally being allowed outside in general causes widespread ecological destruction and also endangers the life of the cat severely.
    I've known many outdoor cats who lived to their teens, and UK wildlife is relatively resilient to the millilion. I've also had one family pet die young from a sunbathing habit, so I get the concern, but outdoor kitties are pretty common over here.

Like most university campuses have a local cat who's claimed the students as their subjects. There's also an absolute cutie who lives near me, won't let me get close enough to pet them.

Offer to cook, and fire back with English cuisine. Just be prepared to stand trial for the inherent crimes against flavour inheritant to the dishes.

Is the WB gonna be doing anything with RTs properties or are all of those dead as well?
    My best guess? Smash Bros ripoff.

Show

15. - Top - End - #735

Given the last, desperate flailings we got from them (the terrible DC/RWBY Crossover) it is entirely likely RWBY, and the rest of their less notable catalogue, are just dead.

I've known many outdoor cats who lived to their teens, and UK wildlife is relatively resilient to the millilion. I've also had one family pet die young from a sunbathing habit, so I get the concern, but outdoor kitties are pretty common over here.

Like most university campuses have a local cat who's claimed the students as their subjects. There's also an absolute cutie who lives near me, won't let me get close enough to pet them.

Offer to cook, and fire back with English cuisine. Just be prepared to stand trial for the inherent crimes against flavour inheritant to the dishes.

My best guess? Smash Bros ripoff.
    Pretty common or not they're generally considered to be a bad idea.

To be clear if I was cooking it'd be incredibly well spiced steak, pancakes, tortillini in alfredo sauce, burgers or pierogy. My culinary tendancy tends towards western stuff (with some Ukrainian dietary habits due to my grandma) but I don't cook flavourless English swovel, I'm just sick and thaired of noodles and pork.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2024-03-06 at 04:23 PM.

16. - Top - End - #736

Given the last, desperate flailings we got from them (the terrible DC/RWBY Crossover) it is entirely likely RWBY, and the rest of their less notable catalogue, are just dead.
    I have to admit, I'm going to miss Camp Camp and I now resent RT for putting it on hiatus for multiple years even more than I already did.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #737

I have to admit, I'm going to miss Camp Camp and I now resent RT for putting it on hiatus for multiple years even more than I already did.
    Fair! I've never watched it myself.

There are apparently talks about selling Red vs Blue, Gen:Lock, and RWBY to other places... but truthfully only Red vs Blue has a chance of being picked up by any one. Aint nobody buying RWBY or Gen;Lock.

18. - Top - End - #738

Fair! I've never watched it myself.
    Episodic comedy taking place at a ****ty summer camp. Pretty much everyone is dysfunctional to some degree whether in be the overly cheerful and naive head counselor to the cynical, foul-mouthed ten-year-old who is our primary PoV character.

...and then over the course of four seasons it gets built up that everyone involved is much more complicated than it first seems—David's optimism and much but not all of his naivete is an act he puts on because he feels like someone has to be optimistic. Max has some damn good reasons to be so cynical, etcetera etcetera, and a surprising amount of character development for what amounts to an animated sitcom...

And then it goes on hiatus for several years when there were still plenty of plothooks left to explore, with Rt talking about how they were looking for another company to help with production, then it gets a special not too long ago with a promise of another season this year... And then RT goes under.
    Right after recasting some characters, too.

...Admittedly, the joke with Dolph got really old really fast.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Titan in the Playground

.....which means there is room to harvest things from its corpse.

there were ideas there, but they never got much of a good execution, and could be done better with proper set up, worldbuilding and such. sad to see RT go even if was doing badly towards the end, liked their early-to-mind RvB.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

It's a little too bad. I haven't watched anything from RT since...the first season of RvB set in Reach, which was a yikes amount of time ago, but I was mildly interested in the proposed final season of RvB that wiped all those awful seasons out of canon.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

Pretty common or not they're generally considered to be a bad idea.
    How bad also depends on where you are. But yes, there's a reason Germany has asked people to continue the cuties 🐱

To be clear if I was cooking it'd be incredibly well spiced steak, pancakes, tortillini in alfredo sauce, burgers or pierogy. My culinary tendancy tends towards western stuff (with some Ukrainian dietary habits due to my grandma) but I don't cook flavourless English swovel, I'm just sick and thaired of noodles and pork.
    Steaks and pancakes? You are a mad, mad woman. Pancakes should stick to lemon and sugar.

...I do want Russian style pie now, there's something about Eastern European style cottage cheese.

Show

22. - Top - End - #742

How bad also depends on where you are. But yes, there's a reason Germany has asked people to continue the cuties 🐱

Steaks and pancakes? You are a mad, mad woman. Pancakes should stick to lemon and sugar.

...I do want Russian style pie now, there's something about Eastern European style cottage cheese.
    I mean not pancakes and steak at the same time, you heathen! Steak is served with steamed vegg and mashed potato and garlic.

23. - Top - End - #743

I mean not pancakes and steak at the same time, you heathen! Steak is served with steamed vegg and mashed potato and garlic.
    Steak is served with garlic butter and steak fries you heretic.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #744

Steak is served with garlic butter and steak fries you heretic.
    Steak is served with only the seasonings it's cooked with and baked potato on the side, you infidel.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

It's like you've never heard of chips. Big chunky ones, not those teeny things the US calls 'steak fries'.

Steak is served with only the seasonings it's cooked with and baked potato on the side, you infidel.
    Steak is served uncooked, you heathen.

Show

26. - Top - End - #746
    Titan in the Playground

Well that's just not healthy.

Potatoes I'll grant you but steak without worcestershire sauce (specifically on the grill) is a meal for heretics. You might as well go vegan.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

If your steak needs sauce you need a better cut of meat.

28. - Top - End - #748

It's like you've never heard of chips. Big chunky ones, not those teeny things the US calls 'steak fries'.
    Steak fry is a type of fry/American chip that is thick cut:
    Spoiler: Chips
    Show

Spoiler: Steak fries
    Show

"Heathen" was used already!

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Potatoes I'll grant you but steak without worcestershire sauce (specifically on the grill) is a meal for heretics. You might as well go vegan.
    Sauce? Sauce? You might as well cook your steak well done at that point. If you're making a specific dish like au poivre, then sure, but just dousing any and every steak in worcestershire sauce? Fevered dreams of a madman, i tells ya!
    Last edited by Peelee; 2024-03-07 at 07:04 AM.

29. - Top - End - #749

I don't particularly care much for french fries or potato wedges! I'll eat'em but it's not something I'll go out of my way to make!

I prefer my steak rare though, yeah. So tender and juicy <3

30. - Top - End - #750

I prefer my steak rare though, yeah. So tender and juicy <3
    Zodi is my kinda people.