New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Domino Quartz's Delightfully Quaint Random Banter Thread #248

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Y'all realize Orange Julius was a multi-million dollar corporation, right?
    No, I didn't. I've literally never heard of Orange Julius before now.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 1

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    ... I'll be perfectly honest I did not actually realize creamsicles were straight up orange juice, I figured it was just a lovely flavouring they made. I also did not actually know what Orange Julius was.

On the face of it, "pour orange juice into milk" does sound incredibly weird. Olive oil in coffee ALSO sounds incredibly weird to me, as an aside, I've just decided not to pop in to be like "... hey what the ****?" until this exact moment.
    TBF I think actual Creamsicles (TM) probably do just use an orange flavoring, but real sherbet would absolutely be made with real cream and real oranges.

As for pouring orange juice into milk being weird...eh. We pour EVERYTHING into milk. Chocolate, coffee, and "strawberries" primarily, but orange juice ain't much of a stretch from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    No, I didn't. I've literally never heard of Orange Julius before now.
    They got bought out by Dairy Queen in the 80s, but they're a mall staple. I think they started in California but they're definitely nationwide. Every mall in Florida pretty much still has a DQ/Orange Julius stall.

One of the first images that popped up when I searched for "Dairy Queen Orange Julius" is this store in Georgia.

Last edited by Rynjin; 2024-02-12 at 05:48 PM.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

I knew Orange Julius was an American company (I don't think they've ever made it over here), but I think I always just kind of assumed they sold orange juice.

4. - Top - End - #454

TBF I think actual Creamsicles (TM) probably do just use an orange flavoring, but real sherbet would absolutely be made with real cream and real oranges.

As for pouring orange juice into milk being weird...eh. We pour EVERYTHING into milk. Chocolate, coffee, and "strawberries" primarily, but orange juice ain't much of a stretch from that.

They got bought out by Dairy Queen in the 80s, but they're a mall staple. I think they started in California but they're definitely nationwide. Every mall in Florida pretty much still has a DQ/Orange Julius stall.

One of the first images that popped up when I searched for "Dairy Queen Orange Julius" is this store in Georgia.

Neat!

Not in Alabama.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

I couldn't believe that, so I did a quick search. Yeah, y'all have them in Alabama. =p

Though it's better to make at home anyway. Orange juice is already sweet so it doesn't need all the added sugar they put in it at the actual store.

6. - Top - End - #456

I couldn't believe that, so I did a quick search. Yeah, y'all have them in Alabama. =p
    Imean, you say one thing, but orangejulius.com says something else. I'm gonna believe them on this one.

Spoiler
    Show

Also, apropos of nothing, heard through the grapevine that someone applied, and was offered the full job offer, for US Park Police. And turned it downy because they didn't want to relocate to the offered locations of NYC, DC, or San Francisco.

The joke here is USPP only has locations in NYC, DC, and San Fran. Dude apparently didn't do any research into them.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

Imean, you say one thing, but orangejulius.com says something else. I'm gonna believe them on this one.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah I tried that first but no matter WHERE you put in an address, 0 locations pop up lol. But if you go to like Google Maps and search "Orange Julius near [City]" several come up. Birmingham, Montgomery, Florence, etc.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

Put me in the 'orange juice and milk is weird' category. Not that orange and milk can't work together, but in my mind the flavours are so separate that you need something to tie them together. Chocolate is a classic, and I'm fairly certain a good dash of vanilla would work as well, I've had milk, banana, and orange before and while it's nice milk and banana is just a better combination.

Then again I'm not a big fan of oranges these days. I liked it in my teens but now they're too sour.

Thankfully I love in a country without any culinary abominations. Well except the pie in a bap, but we don't talk about the pie in a bap.

As an aside my girlfriend convinced me to join a new dating app at the end of last year. I haven't really messaged anyone because a) we didn't really have time to organise the new photos I wanted (including one of me with my RPG books) and ii) it kind of weirds me out how many people think I'm pretty.

Go away beautiful people, can't you see I'm not femme enough to be attractive!?
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Thankfully I love in a country without any culinary abominations. Well except the pie in a bap, but we don't talk about the pie in a bap.
    Assorted organ meats baked into a pie don't count?

Or the beans on toast?

Seriously, the UK eats like they're on wartime rations all the goddamned time.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2024-02-12 at 09:36 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Put me in the 'orange juice and milk is weird' category. Not that orange and milk can't work together, but in my mind the flavours are so separate that you need something to tie them together. Chocolate is a classic, and I'm fairly certain a good dash of vanilla would work as well
    The vanilla is definitely a necessity, yeah.

11. - Top - End - #461

So you ever see an advertisement for something and you just can't help but wonder "but why though?"

the Disney Channel has a thing called Chibiverse which are specials about cute, smol versions of various disney characters interacting with each other. IT's a spin-off of a series of interstial shorts with just "chibi" characters without the crossover element.

This Wednesday, February 14th, Valentine's Day, they're releasing one called "The Chibi Couple Game" which is about couples competing in some fashion. Based on the name and the preview images I'm assuming i'ts gonna be similar to The Newlywed Game.

Who are the competing couples?

Star and Marco from Star vs The Forces of Evil...

And Luz and Amity from the Owl House.

...Because that's totally a fair match-up, right? Your standard wishy-washy will they/won't they dragged out, false-lead-filled soap opera bull**** vs one of the healthiest and best-written romance arcs in all of fiction?

In the entire Disney catalog, they did not have a single more evenly matched pair of couples. Really?

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, historically evenly matched teams is a rarity in gameshow events, especially ones like the Newlywed Game where the competition is mostly a sideshow.

13. - Top - End - #463

I mean, historically evenly matched teams is a rarity in gameshow events, especially ones like the Newlywed Game where the competition is mostly a sideshow.
    Yeah, but this is like having a hemophilic toddler fight Bruce Lee.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #464

The vanilla is definitely a necessity, yeah.
    Ya know, maybe there's something to this whole thing. Not the vanilla, no, but rum. Maybe some vodka. And replace the milk with heavy cream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    So you ever see an advertisement for something and you just can't help but wonder "but why though?"
    Money. Probably through rage bating in this case.

15. - Top - End - #465

Ya know, maybe there's something to this whole thing. Not the vanilla, no, but rum. Maybe some vodka. And replace the milk with heavy cream.
    At that point I think you're just making a cocktail.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Well in Italy, people use olive oil in coffee. Trust me I didn't know about it myself and at first, I find it weird that people use olive oil in coffee because it's very uncommon in the USA but now Starbucks is making it a thing to try it out. Also to answer your question it tastes so good.
    Oh, neat. I've also heard of people putting butter or cheese in their drinks. Guessing it's for the fat content or something.

Most of our "olive oil" is fake crap thanks to the mafia. Also, that's one of my favorite fun facts that sounds like a crazy conspiracy theory but is actually legit.
    Wow, that's wild. Being Italians, you would think the Mafia would fight for the good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Well in all honesty I love olive oil in coffee now. Do you think I'm weird for that?
    I don't think you're weird for that.

Of all of the weird food opinions I've seen on here, "milk and orange juice was a weird gross fad" is one of the most bizarre and ignorant yet. Y'all realize Orange Julius was a multi-million dollar corporation, right? Before they got bought out by Dairy Queen?

It's absolutely wacky that some of you are looking at olive oil and coffee and going "Yeah that's pretty normal, but you know what's weird and gross? Orange sherbet/creamsicles."
    How does it taste? Is it like sour milk? Like yogurt?

17. - Top - End - #467

Who are the competing couples?

Star and Marco from Star vs The Forces of Evil...

And Luz and Amity from the Owl House.

...Because that's totally a fair match-up, right? Your standard wishy-washy will they/won't they dragged out, false-lead-filled soap opera bull**** vs one of the healthiest and best-written romance arcs in all of fiction?

In the entire Disney catalog, they did not have a single more evenly matched pair of couples. Really?
    This is one of those episodes of the Newlywed Show where you can tell one of them is going to be newlydead if they don't get a divorce the second they're off the stage.

They're gonna ask "what is the most embarrassing thing your partner has ever done" and Star is going to say the most embarrassing thing she's ever done is like, wore her shirt backwards once, and Marco is going to unironically write "killed the concept of magic in our world for arguably kinda racist reasons" or whatever the **** was that show's god awful ending and no one is going to be comfortable with what happens in response.

Anyway I shared this elsewhere but I'm going to share it here too; look at this wonderful art I got of me and my girlfriends. Lookit!!

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

Anyway I shared this elsewhere but I'm going to share it here too; look at this wonderful art I got of me and my girlfriends. Lookit!!
    The three of you look really happy. Did you all meet up recently?

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

Why not both?

Most cocktails are really just a soft drink with alcohol and maybe some extra flourishes added. Eg. a "Cuba Libre" is just a rum and Coke with a dash of lime.

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    How does it taste? Is it like sour milk? Like yogurt?
    Like orange sherbet, mostly. It's heavier on the orange and vanilla in terms of taste, the milk is there for a creamier texture mostly. Not nearly as sour as yogurt since it's using milk, which is very sweet naturally, and orange juice which is the same.

20. - Top - End - #470

They're gonna ask "what is the most embarrassing thing your partner has ever done" and Star is going to say the most embarrassing thing she's ever done is like, wore her shirt backwards once, and Marco is going to unironically write "killed the concept of magic in our world for arguably kinda racist reasons" or whatever the **** was that show's god awful ending and no one is going to be comfortable with what happens in response.
    So Star isn't racist and is actually kind of horrified to realize how racist her culture is and is trying very hard to fix it, but...

Basically, as I understand it she was put in a position where destroying all magic in the 'multiverse*' was the most effective way to defeat the final villain son she did it... And in the process explcitly killed any organism that needed magic to live, including some who we were supposed to like, which isn't really acknowledged or something she faces any consequences for.

So basically, Star accidentally a Day of Unity.

Which is a whole other thing, if this is post-series Star** then Luz is gonna be throwing hands.

*Air quotes because there are apprently hints of a shared multiverse in AMphibia, which shares an Earth with The Owl House and Gravity Falls. Assuming that Earth Dimensions share a consistent timeline, the Owl House takes place after Star has destroyed the magic, meaning she only hit her local set of dimensions.
    **I have to be specific because other characters aren't nessesarily from their post-series timeline: Luz and Amity seem to be from mid-season 2.
    Awww.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2024-02-13 at 01:07 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

sounds like I dodged another bullet by not watching Star Vs. the Forces of Evil.

and yeah that art is real adorbs, I've already seen it on Zodi's streams, you guys should like, watch those or something

Anyways, heres some random spoilery thoughts on Gundam: the Witch of Mercury
    Spoiler
    Show

Witches of Mercury is the most lesbian gundam I've ever seen but its also the most "Screw the Rules I have Money" gundam I've ever seen. almost the whole thing is basically megacorps screwing each other over in some form.

Guel Jeturk going from some duelist jerk to be this guy who saw how horrible war is up close and personal who goes back and works to make things better responsibly is well done character development.

Witch of Mercury is also great in that it executes the recovery and rebuilding after a battle really well, not just going from place to place fighting mechs but taking the downtime to show the effects of a battle on people and how negative it was. other Gundams felt like they focused a little too much on going from battle to battle and the main character being an awesome super-soldier to focus on the negative effects of war. also its really well done that the last duel fought is a normal fencing duel rather than one with mechs as both characters involved have realized what kind of destructive weapons they are.

The only thing I'm confused about is how Elan 4 ended up in Quiet Zero. it wasn't really explained, nor do I feel like what a Permet Score is explained anywhere in show, I think its some sort of network connection thing? I guess the last scene of Elan 4 was him being uploaded onto Quiet Zero?

also I think Witch of Mercury is shorter than most Gundams? its only.....24 episodes. usually its a 50-episode deal or so, but this only 24 and ends on a happier note than most. it depicts warfare as really fast and momentary with most of the real fighting between out of nowhere terrorists, and like the final conflict is about Prospera activating her super-weapon then some space council activating their super-weapon in response with Suletta and Co. caught in the middle. it wastes no time with what it focuses on and tells, bringing down the level of overall lethal violence to focus on highlighting the moments when it truly matters for better impact.

and Suletta and rest of the crew don't feel....much like badasses. they don't even feel like soldiers/military despite how much they've trained in mecha. Suletta's early wins had a lot to do with her not experiencing the same pain everyone else did, while the fact she was experiencing the downsides of the Gundam curse the whole time for that final fight longer than anyone else was scary, I wasn't think about how determined or resilient she was, I was thinking that I didn't want her to die.

and of course before that, Miorine and Guel did one of the most heartwrenching things I've ever seen people to do to keep someone out of something political they know is probably going to go wrong....and they were pretty much right. if Suletta had gone to the diplomatic negotiations with the Earthians in Aerial she'd just end up obeying her mother's instructions to go do a terrorism unquestioningly. she wouldn't have changed the situation in any meaningful capacity, Prospera would've just used her more than she already did. heck, even Prospera didn't want her to go! she and Eri broke Suletta's heart as well to keep her out of it. the fact that like the three most important people in Suletta's life and Guel all conspired to lie and hurt her to prevent her from becoming an actual soldier or whatever and there is a good chance they weren't wrong to do this is kind of astonishing. The thing that gives me doubt about its necessity is that Suletta is such a sweet trusting girl that honestly I'm not sure why they didn't just.....ask her to not participate in this and just stay home??? Like they could've probably just explained the situation and it'd be fine. if nothing else Prospera herself could just ordered her not to to do this and assured her that its not because she wasn't useful, but that its because everyone involved cares about her and doesn't want her to be hurt by what was going to happen. Sure Prospera was kind one of the supervillains behind everything but really all their behaviors were toxic when pushing Suletta away.

also I legit didn't expect Suletta to be a clone of Eri? I just thought that she WAS Eri and she and her mother changed their names to keep themselves in hiding.

the fact that Suletta was able to emotionally push through all this despite starting out this nervous confused girl is really one of the most fascinating things about her, her personality and design is so opposite of a standard stoic gundam protag, and Miorine is so far removed from the idealistic princess idols, this whole series is like so not a normal Gundam but in such good and well-executed ways, its somehow lesbian romance cyberpunk political drama.....thats does the war movie parts better when they actually happen, by making them stand out moments of horror and despair. it knew to play all the emotional highs and lows of each moment, its the kind of anime I've been missing in my life.

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch of Mercury in conclusion for me: Finally some good freakin' anime.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

22. - Top - End - #472
    Troll in the Playground

OMG, this is so cute! Was there an occasion, or did one of you just want something nice?
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Fallout: New Vegas (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

23. - Top - End - #473

Imagine that.
    Wow, that's wild. Being Italians, you would think the Mafia would fight for the good stuff.
    What they sell and what they use themselves probably aren't the same thing.

24. - Top - End - #474

The three of you look really happy. Did you all meet up recently?
    Not yet sadly, but one day!

So Star isn't racist and is actually kind of horrified to realize how racist her culture is and is trying very hard to fix it, but...

Basically, as I understand it she was put in a position where destroying all magic in the 'multiverse*' was the most effective way to defeat the final villain son she did it... And in the process explcitly killed any organism that needed magic to live, including some who we were supposed to like, which isn't really acknowledged or something she faces any consequences for.

So basically, Star accidentally a Day of Unity.

Which is a whole other thing, if this is post-series Star** then Luz is gonna be throwing hands.

*Air quotes because there are apprently hints of a shared multiverse in AMphibia, which shares an Earth with The Owl House and Gravity Falls. Assuming that Earth Dimensions share a consistent timeline, the Owl House takes place after Star has destroyed the magic, meaning she only hit her local set of dimensions.
    **I have to be specific because other characters aren't nessesarily from their post-series timeline: Luz and Amity seem to be from mid-season 2.

Awww.
    I'm going to say Star vs the Forces of Evil does not exist in this technically not official crossover universe of Gravity Falls/Owl House/Amphibia, mostly because the connections are tenuous allusions (Eda is 10000% the woman Grunkle Stan married that one time, but they can't ever say that's true) or just incidental cameos like the news report on Amphibia's protagonist returning home.

sounds like I dodged another bullet by not watching Star Vs. the Forces of Evil.

and yeah that art is real adorbs, I've already seen it on Zodi's streams, you guys should like, watch those or something

Anyways, heres some random spoilery thoughts on Gundam: the Witch of Mercury
    Spoiler
    Show

Witches of Mercury is the most lesbian gundam I've ever seen but its also the most "Screw the Rules I have Money" gundam I've ever seen. almost the whole thing is basically megacorps screwing each other over in some form.

Guel Jeturk going from some duelist jerk to be this guy who saw how horrible war is up close and personal who goes back and works to make things better responsibly is well done character development.

Witch of Mercury is also great in that it executes the recovery and rebuilding after a battle really well, not just going from place to place fighting mechs but taking the downtime to show the effects of a battle on people and how negative it was. other Gundams felt like they focused a little too much on going from battle to battle and the main character being an awesome super-soldier to focus on the negative effects of war. also its really well done that the last duel fought is a normal fencing duel rather than one with mechs as both characters involved have realized what kind of destructive weapons they are.

The only thing I'm confused about is how Elan 4 ended up in Quiet Zero. it wasn't really explained, nor do I feel like what a Permet Score is explained anywhere in show, I think its some sort of network connection thing? I guess the last scene of Elan 4 was him being uploaded onto Quiet Zero?

also I think Witch of Mercury is shorter than most Gundams? its only.....24 episodes. usually its a 50-episode deal or so, but this only 24 and ends on a happier note than most. it depicts warfare as really fast and momentary with most of the real fighting between out of nowhere terrorists, and like the final conflict is about Prospera activating her super-weapon then some space council activating their super-weapon in response with Suletta and Co. caught in the middle. it wastes no time with what it focuses on and tells, bringing down the level of overall lethal violence to focus on highlighting the moments when it truly matters for better impact.

and Suletta and rest of the crew don't feel....much like badasses. they don't even feel like soldiers/military despite how much they've trained in mecha. Suletta's early wins had a lot to do with her not experiencing the same pain everyone else did, while the fact she was experiencing the downsides of the Gundam curse the whole time for that final fight longer than anyone else was scary, I wasn't think about how determined or resilient she was, I was thinking that I didn't want her to die.

and of course before that, Miorine and Guel did one of the most heartwrenching things I've ever seen people to do to keep someone out of something political they know is probably going to go wrong....and they were pretty much right. if Suletta had gone to the diplomatic negotiations with the Earthians in Aerial she'd just end up obeying her mother's instructions to go do a terrorism unquestioningly. she wouldn't have changed the situation in any meaningful capacity, Prospera would've just used her more than she already did. heck, even Prospera didn't want her to go! she and Eri broke Suletta's heart as well to keep her out of it. the fact that like the three most important people in Suletta's life and Guel all conspired to lie and hurt her to prevent her from becoming an actual soldier or whatever and there is a good chance they weren't wrong to do this is kind of astonishing. The thing that gives me doubt about its necessity is that Suletta is such a sweet trusting girl that honestly I'm not sure why they didn't just.....ask her to not participate in this and just stay home??? Like they could've probably just explained the situation and it'd be fine. if nothing else Prospera herself could just ordered her not to to do this and assured her that its not because she wasn't useful, but that its because everyone involved cares about her and doesn't want her to be hurt by what was going to happen. Sure Prospera was kind one of the supervillains behind everything but really all their behaviors were toxic when pushing Suletta away.

also I legit didn't expect Suletta to be a clone of Eri? I just thought that she WAS Eri and she and her mother changed their names to keep themselves in hiding.

the fact that Suletta was able to emotionally push through all this despite starting out this nervous confused girl is really one of the most fascinating things about her, her personality and design is so opposite of a standard stoic gundam protag, and Miorine is so far removed from the idealistic princess idols, this whole series is like so not a normal Gundam but in such good and well-executed ways, its somehow lesbian romance cyberpunk political drama.....thats does the war movie parts better when they actually happen, by making them stand out moments of horror and despair. it knew to play all the emotional highs and lows of each moment, its the kind of anime I've been missing in my life.

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch of Mercury in conclusion for me: Finally some good freakin' anime.
    Star vs the Forces of Evil is a good show early on but it falls off really, really hard.
    Spoiler: G-Witch
    Show

Guel redeeming himself so completely is part of why I do love him so much. My favorite thing he does is, when his brother seems determined to kill himself dramatically in a very standard Gundam fashion, Guel saves him going, effectively, "NO NOT TODAY! THIS DOESN'T GET TO HAPPEN THIS TIME!"

The Pemat score is how deep you are connected to the Pemat material- Pemat is described as being a mineral that is highly conductive to data, and if you go too deep it literally absorbs your consciousness. Elan 4's final act, before the technocracy grandma's threw him into a furnace, was to exceed his Pemat score tolerance so much that a part of him was absorbed into the Datastorm... so in essence, what happened to Eri intentionally happened to him accidentally- and it's implied basically everyone who has ever dipped into the Datastorm has left ghosts of themselves within it.

Yeah Witch from Mercury got a reduced episode budget, which is why some of the second half feels so... swift? It's a shame because I'd really have liked to see some of the acts (Guel's time on Earth for instance) in their more extended forms.

The thing is, Miorine did actually ask, in a roundabout sense, if Suletta would just not go. She asked, among other things, "if your mom asked you to leave school forever, would you?" and Suletta said it'd be really sad, but if Mom asked her too then it is for a good reason, so she would. The girl was MADLY brainwashed by Prospera, and so Miorine and Guel did that rigged duel out of desperation. And it DID work, it forced Suletta to finally come to grips with how much of a loyal hound she'd been to her mother, and it finally made her act and choose for herself.

God, yeah, the twist that she's a clone (and that all of the funnels are failed clones) of Eri is a good one. Suletta is secretly Eri is a perfectly reasonable thought at first, but if you notice some of the dates on documents you see throughout the series, you'll find the dates don't actually add up. It's really subtle and I love it.

I will note, not all Gundam protagonists are stoic badass types, a lot of it is just initial impressions. The only people who are really like that are Hero from Gundam Wing, which is a whole kettle of fish into and of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by BisectedBrioche View Post
    OMG, this is so cute! Was there an occasion, or did one of you just want something nice?
    Valentine's Day is tomorrow! Though to be honest I did just want to do something nice, and the holiday is a good justification for doing so.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2024-02-13 at 09:36 AM.

25. - Top - End - #475

(Eda is 10000% the woman Grunkle Stan married that one time, but they can't ever say that's true)
    The Gravity Falls Complete Series DVD, there's a commentary track by Alex Hirche in character as Grunkle Stan and in the Land Before Swine describes Marilyn and basically just gives Eda's description, including the fact that she had an "Over thirty and very flirty" t-shirt on and Eda has a coffee mug with the same slogan.

Also, Eda would totally marry someone just to steal their car.

I'm now imagining a situation where post-Epilog Hexsquad end up taking a summer road trip across the United States just because Eda ends up crashing it "because having an adult with you will make you less likely to get harassed by people who don't like college kids" and totally not because she needs a break from the stressful life of being a headmistress of a university, they end up in Gravity Falls just in time for Summerween(which Luz is immediately in love with the idea of) but all the Pines are back in town that summer, Stan recognizes "Marylin" and it gets really awkward.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

Assorted organ meats baked into a pie don't count?
    That's just delicious pie.

Or the beans on toast?
    That's just a hearty lunch. Also the baked beans and bread both have a lot less sugar in them, which helps the combination work.

Seriously, the UK eats like they're on wartime rations all the goddamned time.
    Oh please, in that case we'd have to split one tin of beans between the whole family.

Just because Americans think every meal is dessert...

You look so cute together, please tell me this is now your author image in all future works.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

27. - Top - End - #477

The Gravity Falls Complete Series DVD, there's a commentary track by Alex Hirche in character as Grunkle Stan and in the Land Before Swine describes Marilyn and basically just gives Eda's description, including the fact that she had an "Over thirty and very flirty" t-shirt on and Eda has a coffee mug with the same slogan.

Also, Eda would totally marry someone just to steal their car.

I'm now imagining a situation where post-Epilog Hexsquad end up taking a summer road trip across the United States just because Eda ends up crashing it "because having an adult with you will make you less likely to get harassed by people who don't like college kids" and totally not because she needs a break from the stressful life of being a headmistress of a university, they end up in Gravity Falls just in time for Summerween(which Luz is immediately in love with the idea of) but all the Pines are back in town that summer, Stan recognizes "Marylin" and it gets really awkward.
    This feels like it'd go well with that other thing I saw, of "next year when the Pine twins go to Gravity Falls, the temp agent working at the Mystery Shack is Steven Universe.

You look so cute together, please tell me this is now your author image in all future works.
    None of our parents are cool enough to be told about the polyamory thing, so unlikely. The only reason I'm open about it is because none of them are technically adept (or care enough) to check out my social accounts, and I'm the only one with even a modicum of presence online- and even that is wildly small and irrelevant.

... so I might use it for that, maybe, but it isn't currently.

28. - Top - End - #478

Oh please, in that case we'd have to split one tin of beans between the whole family.
    Gotta agree with AnonymousWizard here. Every family member in England gets their own full tin of beans.

29. - Top - End - #479

This feels like it'd go well with that other thing I saw, of "next year when the Pine twins go to Gravity Falls, the temp agent working at the Mystery Shack is Steven Universe.
    Unfortunately, that doesn't really work out given that Steven Universe is an alt history: All of the states have different names and holidays like Halloween don't exist.

Gravity Falls meanwhile is explcitly in Oregon and the people of the town love Halloween so much that they celebrate it twice.

Also, Hunter's VA has said that he feels that Steven Universe would be Hunter's favorite cartoon network show citing that Hunter would very much relate to a program about love and family with a focus on healing from trauma and I don't want to give up the mental image of Hunter on the couch wrapped in a blanket watching cartoons so even if I could reconcile SU and GF I wouldn't want to bring TOH into it.
    None of our parents are cool enough to be told about the polyamory thing
    *sad noises*

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

Like orange sherbet, mostly. It's heavier on the orange and vanilla in terms of taste, the milk is there for a creamier texture mostly. Not nearly as sour as yogurt since it's using milk, which is very sweet naturally, and orange juice which is the same.
    Oh, cool. Like a melted orange sherbet. I never thought of milk as having a naturally sweet flavor before.

What they sell and what they use themselves probably aren't the same thing.
    Oh, okay. So they smuggle good olive oil and keep it for themselves.

Not yet sadly, but one day!
    One day.

None of our parents are cool enough to be told about the polyamory thing, so unlikely. The only reason I'm open about it is because none of them are technically adept (or care enough) to check out my social accounts, and I'm the only one with even a modicum of presence online- and even that is wildly small and irrelevant.
    That’s frustrating.