New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: It's Actually Our Galaxy (Star Wars D&D 5e, Custom Setting, Potentially Lore-Heav

I'm still here giant just hasn't been coopeting with me for the last 2 weeks or so.
    Its not about having good grades It's about passing the semester

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Nicholas (Nick if he likes you) Lorchester
    Jeqem Ashthorn

2. - Top - End - #92

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: It's Actually Our Galaxy (Star Wars D&D 5e, Custom Setting, Potentially Lore-Heav

Quote Originally Posted by razorfloss View Post
    I'm still here giant just hasn't been coopeting with me for the last 2 weeks or so.
    Understandable. Well, if you and/or Rokku are able to play in the end, that's all we need, really.

Hmm, any more info I can provide for the setting or what I've got in mind? I do have writing and worldbuilding to do, and sometimes I'm best able to provide info when someone asks for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm quite interested!

(4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[15]

4. - Top - End - #94
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by hagtron View Post
    I'm quite interested!

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    Yo, that's some nice rolls.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

I'm quite interested!

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    Dang that's good. See I feel like I should keep the array with the 18 just because it'd be interesting to put in the grid, however that ends up working.

6. - Top - End - #96

NecromancerGirl

I'm quite interested!
    And we have a recruit from the Discord, if I'm not mistaken! Welcome! Let me know if there's anything you require! Although you will not be needing better stats. Damn. I had to look at the coding for that for a bit because, while it's statistically possible and bound to happen eventually, it's hard to believe an array that good came from the standard 4d6k3. But the dice gods have smiled upon you and decreed that you are quite welcome here!

...I should probably delete the Discord recruitment post. 5 is pushing it as far as players go - although if I had six applicants, I could just divide them between two campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    Dang that's good. See I feel like I should keep the array with the 18 just because it'd be interesting to put in the grid, however that ends up working.
    ...You know, I was just going to just have people roll entirely new arrays for the grid once players are chosen, but in light of hagtron's roll, maybe I should have the grid consist of whatever people rolled initially, plus however many it takes to get to six total.
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Pixie in the Playground

Sorry for being needy, but is there any way to get into the Roll20 to build a sheet since that's the endgame anyway? Even if there's no maps yet, but just like a landing page? I'm trying to use the SW5e site, because I can't imagine copying and pasting everything into a Google Doc just to make the sheet again later. I'm going with a Geisim Scholar (explorer) with a Politician background. I think she's here to get her hands dirty and work toward peace. Almost like serving in the Peace Corps if you have political aspirations. She's also probably been spoken to by higher ups about the diplomatic aspects of this mission. Let me know if I need to change any of that.

8. - Top - End - #98

NecromancerGirl

Sorry for being needy, but is there any way to get into the Roll20 to build a sheet since that's the endgame anyway? Even if there's no maps yet, but just like a landing page? I'm trying to use the SW5e site, because I can't imagine copying and pasting everything into a Google Doc just to make the sheet again later. I'm going with a Geisim Scholar (explorer) with a Politician background. I think she's here to get her hands dirty and work toward peace. Almost like serving in the Peace Corps if you have political aspirations. She's also probably been spoken to by higher ups about the diplomatic aspects of this mission. Let me know if I need to change any of that.
    Sounds reasonable so far. I do like someone who's with the group for their social skills.

As for the Roll20 bit... well, I had hoped to select players first, but at this point I doubt I'm turning anyone away, so... I'll work on setting one up tomorrow morning. I was initially going to invite people to the one I already have set up, but I realized that, while I can use the same for multiple live groups, when one group is PBP it gets trickier, since the PBP group needs to have access to the map at any given moment. While I could use the same Roll20 game, it would mean you guys wouldn't be able to look at the map or take your turns while I'm running a session for, say, my IRL group. That closed window is a small section of the week, but still.

9. - Top - End - #99

NecromancerGirl

All right, game made! You should have the ability to create character sheets. I don't know if you can import character sheets from the SW5e website on your own, but if not I can do so. ...You might have to upload it somewhere and share the link, either on here or on Roll20.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

What does our party composition look like? I wanna have a little guy but I could go Witchcraft Sentinel OR Mechanist Scout and still do my thing, depending.

11. - Top - End - #101

NecromancerGirl

Well, we've got a Scout and a Berserker/Operative already made, and one Scholar in the works, so far as I know.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Raven View Post
    Well, we've got a Scout and a Berserker/Operative already made, and one Scholar in the works, so far as I know.
    Cool cool cool!

When/how do you plan on doing the grid thing?

13. - Top - End - #103

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    Cool cool cool!

When/how do you plan on doing the grid thing?
    Well, I like to have an array that has at least two 15s for each row. As such we need a roll from razorfloss, and one from you. Since I've committed to the concept of "our rolls in here are going on the grid," and I'm thus no longer worried about people having specularly better rolls than other people... that means the both of you can re-roll your existing arrays once more if you wish.

EDIT: Wombat had a roll of 7 12 15 17 11 10 a page back when I asked them to roll for the array, that's what I'm using for the grid since their initial roll didn't meet my criteria.
    Last edited by Dusk Raven; 2024-02-17 at 02:06 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Alright lets see if the die roller still wants to fight me.

(4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[9]

15. - Top - End - #105

NecromancerGirl

Hmm... it might be beneficial for me to set a deadline. Or at the very least, a deadline for me to actually post the IC thread. Wombat and flyinglemur have been quite patient, and I don't want to keep them waiting more than I have to. So... let's go for Friday, March 1st. If people do finish their character sheets after that, I'll be able to integrate them into the campaign without much problem. This is the sort of situation where PCs can sort of "trickle in" and arrive separately.

In the meantime, for those who are still making sheets, I'll reiterate that I'm here to help if needed.

16. - Top - End - #106

BlueKnightGuy

Speaking of me, I am still here. I'm Da Walrus on roll20. Tried adding a character sheet in the notes tab the other day, but it didn't seem to open anything.

17. - Top - End - #107

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by RandomWombat View Post
    Speaking of me, I am still here. I'm Da Walrus on roll20. Tried adding a character sheet in the notes tab the other day, but it didn't seem to open anything.
    The notes tab? Well, on my screen, on the Journal page under the Character subheading, you and whoever else joined have characters you should have access to. Hmm.

EDIT: Roll20's giving me a prompt: "If you're having issues creating a character, clear your cookies and log in again. If you continue having issues, contact us." Hmm...
    Last edited by Dusk Raven; 2024-02-21 at 08:41 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108

BlueKnightGuy

Don't know why it wasn't working before, but it works now. Made Vic a bio with some of my cheat sheet info for quick reference, though the SW5e sheet doesn't seem to allow for multiclassing so I've left that alone for now.

19. - Top - End - #109

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by RandomWombat View Post
    Don't know why it wasn't working before, but it works now. Made Vic a bio with some of my cheat sheet info for quick reference, though the SW5e sheet doesn't seem to allow for multiclassing so I've left that alone for now.
    To multiclass, you have to go to the little gear icon in the same row as Core/Bio/Powers. On the left-hand side, among the many options, there are options for multiclassing.

20. - Top - End - #110

NecromancerGirl

All right, it's the 1st of March in Greenwich Mean Time, so I'm going to get this going, at least for RandomWombat and flyinglemur.

As far as the Roll20 goes... I've got two people who've joined, Wombat and Rokku. Had a third person join, but then they left. In the case of the two people who have joined, they've got sheets, but they don't have much changed from the default. Don't know what's going on, but fortunately, I'm belatedly realizing that a Roll20 sheet isn't strictly necessary. It's convenient, but not essential.

Since Wombat and lemur have completed sheets, they may proceed to the OOC, if they're still interested. For everyone else who wants to be a part, keep at it! The Rangers still need more hands (or equivalent appendages) on deck!

Oh yeah, the aforementioned people can now also pick a row, column, or diagonal in the grid for their stats. Hopefully you won't both pick the same one, but if that happens you can discuss it here. I figure it's best to have that discussion here rather than in the OOC, since others will be picking from it too.

EDIT: Also, the forum's issues are beginning to make me consider hosting this on Discord. It would certainly be easier to poke people that way. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Dusk Raven; 2024-03-01 at 01:31 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111

BlueKnightGuy

All right, it's the 1st of March in Greenwich Mean Time, so I'm going to get this going, at least for RandomWombat and flyinglemur.

As far as the Roll20 goes... I've got two people who've joined, Wombat and Rokku. Had a third person join, but then they left. In the case of the two people who have joined, they've got sheets, but they don't have much changed from the default. Don't know what's going on, but fortunately, I'm belatedly realizing that a Roll20 sheet isn't strictly necessary. It's convenient, but not essential.

Since Wombat and lemur have completed sheets, they may proceed to the OOC, if they're still interested. For everyone else who wants to be a part, keep at it! The Rangers still need more hands (or equivalent appendages) on deck!

Oh yeah, the aforementioned people can now also pick a row, column, or diagonal in the grid for their stats. Hopefully you won't both pick the same one, but if that happens you can discuss it here. I figure it's best to have that discussion here rather than in the OOC, since others will be picking from it too.

EDIT: Also, the forum's issues are beginning to make me consider hosting this on Discord. It would certainly be easier to poke people that way. Thoughts?
    I'd be down to give Discord a try for a bit. Past PBP games there haven't been super great, but it's an options while the forums are ungood. I'm still around, it's just been a busy week so I've not had a good chance to work out the roll20 sheet.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Hey, just wanted to say I'm still here. March 1st is kind of bad for me, swamped with stuff, but I'm completely free on the 2nd. I'll get all of my stuff on roll20 then, and be ready to start. I'm also fine with discord. This forum is really suffering.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

You know I'm already pro-Discord on this.