New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Chronicles of the Blade OOC

Can we not just use the images in our myth-weavers sheets?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

I've been asked again by our DM to provide an update. Kuro has been busy with real-world obligations, and the ongoing problems with the forums have made it impossible to actually post when there would otherwise be time to do it. It should be coming soon, even if the battle map won't be used for the first combat.

3. - Top - End - #63

MindFlayer

Glad to hear it. Yeah, the forums have been extremely temperamental, I'm not surprised.

4. - Top - End - #64

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Dmon View Post
    I apologize for having lost way too much time this weekend between family and personal obligations, or this post would have been in progress 2 days ago.

So, I'm trying to work on something for the sake of "skipping past it". I'm sad that Google Docs isn't being the easiest when it comes to adjusting for this sort of thing, though. In particular, I seem to have no control over which images stay above the battle map.

I think I can provide links to it and find somewhere to upload them to, if that works for everyone?

And speaking of images; Alteiner, ScrambledBrains, Athaleon, and anyone who has a mount; I'll try to use stand-in images for the aforementioned characters, unless you'd possibly find one you'd like to use yourselves?

Random comment, for those of us using Mythweavers sheets, you should update your passwords and make sure you can still log in properly to your sheets, just in case. Looks like they had a breach recently.
    It seem perfect imo, I'm just not able to move the character since it was posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Athaleon View Post
    I've been asked again by our DM to provide an update. Kuro has been busy with real-world obligations, and the ongoing problems with the forums have made it impossible to actually post when there would otherwise be time to do it. It should be coming soon, even if the battle map won't be used for the first combat.
    Yeah, it was even more dificult to access the forum from the cellphone for me. But the last couple of days have been mostly normal so I do believe the issue (whatever it was) has been fixed.

5. - Top - End - #65

ClericGuy

Any news from our DM Athaleon?

6. - Top - End - #66

ClericGuy

Anyone still here?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm still here. Haven't heard anything recently.

Edit: Just got an update. Post should be incoming, as well as a Discord link to facilitate communication.
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2024-02-12 at 06:43 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68

Imp

Still here, too.

9. - Top - End - #69

Also still here.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren
    Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Alright. Let's fix a few things.

I'd been going back and forth on it for a minute, and I think I will be making a Discord for this after all. For a few reasons.

Spoiler: Content Warning, but why my resolve shattered for a minute
    Show
    I recently faced a domestic abuse situation. It's fun not being able to afford your own place while living with someone who you feel is a physical threat to your life and having that proven on numerous occasions.

But even without that, if someone wants to question me or anyone else, they absolutely can, and it'd probably be even a smidge faster (though I will absolutely be checking the forum on a twice daily basis, now. My recent problem wouldn't have been as bad if I hadn't also been adjusting to finally being back at work after 7 months of complete inactivity. Seriously, I've apparently already lost 8 pounds from just after starting up again.

I also think I can store images, both of maps and of characters, through Discord. At least, that's what seemed to have been working for a few attempted drafts of characters, and I'll be trying that with map images as well. The character tech much prefers Waifus, and I would be happy for any additional suggestions.

So yeah, it won't be mandatory, but I think I will make it. Storage purposes, and because even when I'm not at my house or near my laptop, my cellphone is always on me, and my Discord can get to me through it.

Edit: I wonder if I should leave this link up publicly for 7 days and see who clicks it, at the risk of random bots or trolls joining.... eh, I'll take the risk.

I'm hoping this google slide works a bit better than the chart I tried before. I could work with abstracted distances, but I figured for your abilities and for multiple enemies (which is typically better than just 1vparty), targeting should be preserved if possible.

The link should be visible to everyone, and at least comment-able through anyone. I'll try to get a proper pic per round up after work today, too.

I'm, again, sincerely sorry for this. Given past history, I knew life would slap me here and there, and I was afraid I'd be right to worry. Here's hoping I can go longer without it happening again, especially because I had been talking to friends about being eager for this.

And I can only hope you guys are just as eager as I am to finally hear these words:

Let's get some Initiative Rolled.
    Last edited by Kuro Dmon; 2024-02-12 at 11:04 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71

Imp

Ey, you're back!

12. - Top - End - #72

MindFlayer

Welcome back. I'm so sorry you've been put in such a situation, I hope you're in a safer place now.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Time for Initiative! (1d20+4)[16]

14. - Top - End - #74

Hope you’re staying safe then, Kuro.

Initiative:(1d20+9)[10]

Edit: …You can’t make this stuff up.
    Last edited by ScrambledBrains; 2024-02-14 at 05:34 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ScrambledBrains View Post
    Hope you’re staying safe then, Kuro.
    Heh. Would taking an evening off of work because [what was thought to just be a cold might be strep throat] count as staying safe?

But things ARE improving for me, ultimately.

Heh. If it helps, that's one less nat 1 you'll be able to roll in the future?

More seriously, it is a good time for me to remark that you don't lose too much time. First, reasonable pre-battle set up can be part of your post; Peeps mounting (what few) pets, initiators getting into stances, weapons drawn, etc. All part of getting into start position and getting ready.

And secondly, it isn't going to be Hard initiative. You can move within any sort of actions allies take; Darvan could, for example, take his turn at any time between, say, a Beast that rolled a 15 and one that rolled a 5, even with allies that roll a 13, 8, and 11. Just as an example. Feel free to coordinate if the opportunity presents itself.

16. - Top - End - #76

MindFlayer

Jolly Initiative! (1d20+3)[22]

17. - Top - End - #77

ClericGuy

Rolling initiative: (1d20+2)[16]

18. - Top - End - #78

Darvan activated the Frost enchantment on his Chakram and entered Formless Dance Stance, which gave him the effects of the See Invisibility spell and the Blur spell.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79

Imp

Initiative: (1d20+3)[20]

Sorry for the late roll, work's a b*tch.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Barbarian in the Playground

Initiative: (1d20+15)[17]
    edit: it's missing a +1 from Haste, so actually 18

With so many of us, you might want to either roll Init for us, or have us preroll a bunch of Init rolls and store them for later use.
    Last edited by namo; 2024-02-18 at 05:50 PM.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

21. - Top - End - #81
    Barbarian in the Playground

Also, not sure how much stuff we can do pre-combat, but if he can use all the abilites I posted IC, he can roll his Init twice and take the best.
    Init (2nd roll) (1d20+16)[25]
    Otherwise ignore this 2nd roll.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Heh. So much for the dice roller thread. Guess it can stick around in case of an emergency.

(1d20+5)[12]
    (1d20+5)[21]
    (1d20+4)[22]

(1d20)[19]

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I've updated the map with positions based on our descriptions so far. Lemme know if it works out for most of us. I did my reasonings for most characters in the Discord, but I figured Darvan in particular would want to move away from the group just to get a better shot projectile wise, so let me know if that's wrong.
    Last edited by Kuro Dmon; 2024-02-21 at 08:42 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84

Imp

Knowledge (Dungeoneering): (1d20+15)[31]

25. - Top - End - #85

Imp

Fetch's Wrath Bonus Damage: (4d6)[11]

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ScrambledBrains View Post
    Initiative:[roll0]

So, been a little talkative on the Discord during the time frame in which I had some breathing room at work, and this was a detail for *you* that went unchallenged; I'd be willing to swap Leena's initiative roll for Darvan's if you'd like. Just so there's no feeling of being skipped or anything during the first round. She doesn't need high initiative; she just needs to survive to keep driving the plot-mobile.

And then just to post it here so that everyone would see it; expect an update.... probably Sunday, *maybe* Saturday. Plans for this weekend were supposed to be plans for last until I got sick, and I've got a Doctor's Appointment tomorrow.

Also, positions are placed kinda where they make sense (to me at least, anyway) with reference to everything else, at least initially, unless movement and specific spaces were expressed in post (so far just Dorian and Baldret, having jumped straight into combat during this phase, haha). With the map updated for spaces, I'll be happy to take any adjustment for anyone unhappy with what they see.
    Last edited by Kuro Dmon; 2024-02-23 at 07:27 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87

Imp

So, been a little talkative on the Discord during the time frame in which I had some breathing room at work, and this was a detail for *you* that went unchallenged; I'd be willing to swap Leena's initiative roll for Darvan's if you'd like. Just so there's no feeling of being skipped or anything during the first round. She doesn't need high initiative; she just needs to survive to keep driving the plot-mobile.

And then just to post it here so that everyone would see it; expect an update.... probably Sunday, *maybe* Saturday. Plans for this weekend were supposed to be plans for last until I got sick, and I've got a Doctor's Appointment tomorrow.

Also, positions are placed kinda where they make sense (to me at least, anyway) with reference to everything else, at least initially, unless movement and specific spaces were expressed in post (so far just Dorian and Baldret, having jumped straight into combat during this phase, haha). With the map updated for spaces, I'll be happy to take any adjustment for anyone unhappy with what they see.
    Like I stated in the Discord, my bird can initiate the Counter, Witness to Glory. This will grant an ally of my choice a +10 initiative boost, as well as +12 temp hp for up to 8 minutes.

Because my bird is the one doing it, it won't interfere with my stated actions (bird didn't use a swift action to begin with).

Speaking of which, bird will always activate Berserking for extra temp hp. Just assume that's a constant, even out of combat.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
    Like I stated in the Discord, my bird can initiate the Counter, Witness to Glory. This will grant an ally of my choice a +10 initiative boost, as well as +12 temp hp for up to 8 minutes.

Because my bird is the one doing it, it won't interfere with my stated actions (bird didn't use a swift action to begin with).

Speaking of which, bird will always activate Berserking for extra temp hp. Just assume that's a constant, even out of combat.
    I *think* that you technically can only have 1 Swift/Immediate action per round, even if this is technically like Round 0 (but not quite a surprise round to keep options open). So I think it'd be one or the other in regards to doing the Counter vs setting up your next Stance. It *would* mean that a 5th person would act before any of the enemies on Round 1, so up to you if you wanna edit that in and consider it better than switching up your stance, or wait for Scrambled's reply either way.

29. - Top - End - #89

Imp

I *think* that you technically can only have 1 Swift/Immediate action per round, even if this is technically like Round 0 (but not quite a surprise round to keep options open). So I think it'd be one or the other in regards to doing the Counter vs setting up your next Stance. It *would* mean that a 5th person would act before any of the enemies on Round 1, so up to you if you wanna edit that in and consider it better than switching up your stance, or wait for Scrambled's reply either way.
    Normally, yes, but the Ravenlord archetype for Harbinger allows my Raven companion to initiate my own maneuvers with it's own actions. The only restriction is that I can't have both of us use a strike in the same round, but otherwise, the both of us can freely use Counters to our heart's content.

The bird can initiate Witness to Glory, since it didn't make use of it's swift, while I do all the stance stuff I talked about in my turn.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2024-02-23 at 04:05 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90

Honestly, I'd be happy to grab her initiative if it's ok with you. And yeah, I could use a clear line of sight. Also, should I assume each square in the google doc is five feet? Just so I can tell if I'm in range for my Deadly Strikes feature.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show