New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Chronicles of the Blade OOC

Quote Originally Posted by ScrambledBrains View Post
    Honestly, I'd be happy to grab her initiative if it's ok with you.
    Heh. Enjoy your promotion from the bottom of the initiative to the top.
    Reminds me I need to make sure the map includes Dorian's Dark Aura when I next get back to my computer....

And yeah, I could use a clear line of sight.
    That is why I placed him a bit up, just to help with being able to aim at any of the 3 if he wanted to.

Also, should I assume each square in the google doc is five feet? Just so I can tell if I'm in range for my Deadly Strikes feature.
    Correct. Tried to size accordingly, with Large Creatures taking up 2x2 Squares (and Huge 3x3; I might need to check to see if these guys are Large/Huge *long* and how that would apply, actually), and the rest of us Mediums just 1x1. Each Square is 5ft. Folks were placed in the starting grid unless they specified movement outside it (such as Baldret's Charge and Dorian's Teleport), and I figured Darvan would move away from the others while positioning himself. Feel free to specify a reasonable spot nearby (since we all came out of the shop in the bottom left, effectively).

Also, for everyone, I did specify, once we get out of this opening volley, what I meant by the initiative? You can post within any ally next to your spot in the table list, then I'll post for the enemies that would interrupt the next set of allies, and so on.

.... definitely not making any promises about that update officially starting this until Sunday at the latest. But I'm suddenly feeling hopeful for it being sooner than that.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just realized I'm first now...time to cut loose.

Though, if as per the Deadly Strikes rules, if these guys are immune to precision damage, then it doesn't work, which would be a bummer...but if I remember correctly, PF did make more things vulnerable to precision damage.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren
    Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf

3. - Top - End - #93

Imp

Just realized I'm first now...time to cut loose.

Though, if as per the Deadly Strikes rules, if these guys are immune to precision damage, then it doesn't work, which would be a bummer...but if I remember correctly, PF did make more things vulnerable to precision damage.
    I asked about precision damage earlier, and was told that they weren't immune to it.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

PSA to everyone: make sure to log your inbox. ScrambledBrains, yours is completely full to the point of being unable to send a message.

Spoiler: What would have been in that message. Not vital, but still.
    Show
    I didn't have any input on additional direction for how Darvan looks, so I went with the brief description I remembered him having in the recruitment thread. And this was ... a result, anyway.

But yeah, wanted to ask if there's any additional refinements or details I could make, or if it's enough.

I'll also joke amusedly that I was going to post before the round officially started, but I'll factor your first act of the next slide into things, haha. I appreciate the dedication! The waiting would have been the hardest part, mind...

Alrighty then. Just to make sure it's seen here again; we officially in there. Scrambled/Darvan, Da'Shain/Freki, Namo/Dre'k, and Kaouse/Dorian, y'all up first. Then after that, it'd be Athaleon/Alaric and Arael/Baldret. Then after that, it'll be Leena, before immediately going into Round 2 with the first party following up!

Knowledge of what strengths and weaknesses they might have was parsed out to those who *could* make the Knowledge Checks, to be provided hopefully tastefully in character. Leena was Supposed to be able to help with that, but the Dice Roller said No... >.>
    Last edited by Kuro Dmon; 2024-02-24 at 12:37 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95

Actually, I'd say that picture is pretty spot on for how I envisioned Darvan. Not too shabby for AI art.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96

Imp

Info from Knowledge check:

Creature Type, confirmed as Aberration.
    Immunities: Mind Affecting, Lightning.
    Special Abilities: Breath Weapon, Damage Resistance, Fast Healing
    Vulnerabilities: Acid, Fire.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Barbarian in the Playground

If Kuro PMed it to us (I got slightly info less than you, your roll was better), I think he didn't mean for us to just dump it OOC.

Dre'k is not very good with this stuff, so he mentioned some info IC about fire and acid, but (on purpose from me) not very clearly. Your PC can perhaps impart the info in a more cogent way.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

8. - Top - End - #98

Imp

Sorry, you're right. I just realized that I was sitting on the info and didn't want anyone doing something that my character would have known was useless, so I just info-dumped as quickly as possible.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I've had my own growing pains, so I'm not too upset. Particularly since I had to effectively rebuild this encounter twice, just because of trying to account for whom was or wasn't around at the time of posting, and from trying to find the right balance for an intro fight. Which I think I'm still trying to figure out.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Double Posting to make sure noticed, since it's part of future update. This is mostly important for Dre'k, Darvan, and potentially Dorian, but I'm down to see this on everyone. Already noticing and factoring it from Alaric's "Warning Roar", and from both his and Dre'k's "Aegis", but whom else has Immediate Action reactions / passive defenses to attack rolls for allies on deck?

Hoping to update before the week ends, but work week being what it is, and... plans being in motion...

11. - Top - End - #101

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Dmon View Post
    Double Posting to make sure noticed, since it's part of future update. This is mostly important for Dre'k, Darvan, and potentially Dorian, but I'm down to see this on everyone. Already noticing and factoring it from Alaric's "Warning Roar", and from both his and Dre'k's "Aegis", but whom else has Immediate Action reactions / passive defenses to attack rolls for allies on deck?

Hoping to update before the week ends, but work week being what it is, and... plans being in motion...
    Dorian has access to the counter, "Decree of Mercy" which makes the next damage instance a creature does turn into nonlethal damage. His bird can also initiate it for him, if his own immediate/swift action is unavailable.

Also, I think the round resets now, correct?

EDIT: Oh wait, no, Leena still has to go.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2024-02-27 at 09:16 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

MindFlayer

Freki's ally-aiding counters are currently limited to Fear the Reaper (which will not work on these things as they're immune to mind-affecting) and Intruder's End (which is less directly ally-aiding and more just being able to pull out a surprise AoO if she needs to halt a charge or something).

13. - Top - End - #103

Dre'k indeed has the Aegis and the marks (-6 to attacks that do not include him, and 14% spell miss chance).

Other than that:
    [AoO] Active Defense (Shield sphere): he grants +4 to AC to adjacent allies and himself vs 1 attack as an AoO, up to 7 times per round
    [immediate] Flexible Cover + Towering Bulwark (Shield sphere): can grant total cover vs all attacks coming through 1 side of his square. Total cover negates most attacks. He can us it as an immediate vs 1 attack on an adjacent ally.
    [immediate] Flickering Defense (Riven Hourglass): -4 to attack & roll twice take lower for 1 enemy attack, vs himself or 1 ally within 60ft

[immediate] Defending the Sky (Hawkguard archetype): 2/day, use Flickering Defense vs all attacks for 1 round

He also has Temporal Body Adjustment (negate 1 condition), but that should not interfere with DM plans the large majority of the time (exception is if e.g. an enemy stuns him and then benefits from the decreased defense when in truth he negates the stun via the counter).

I tried to limit the counters, but as a Defender-type character he is bound to have some...
    Last edited by namo; 2024-02-28 at 09:23 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104

The only immediate action Darvan has is that I can burn 1 Point from my Stalker Ki Pool to get a +4 on a Saving Throw. Otherwise, I got nothing. Really need to pick up some immediate action maneuvers at level 9.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105

...So, I have a potentially stupid idea, Kuro...can I make an attack throw to try and cut the rope?
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

...So, I have a potentially stupid idea, Kuro...can I make an attack throw to try and cut the rope?
    I'm curious where you'd be aiming; a low roll directly at Leena might mean you'd cut more than just the ropes holding her in place. Aiming at the chord that the Orc is pulling on, or even at his hands, on the other hand...

But regardless, I'm not against trying to aim a called shot.

17. - Top - End - #107

Wait a minute...I have a better idea. But I need one more piece of information first...which square is the Orc standing in on the map?
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I picked a perfect time to wake up to be able to reply quickly! XP

I wish I had this part more prepared, as much as I was amused by this idea (I forgot that Freki's wonderful narration made me roll over after I was considering it), but map updated with at least basic Icons to roll with. I hope that will do for now? Assuming you guys don't murder them (because a D&D party might be a bit less kill-able than slavering abominations against nature, but they are messing with your bread and butter...), I might make art for them.

19. - Top - End - #109

Eh, I was going to have Dre'k try to "disarm" the orc, which I assume could work to make him let go of the rope.
    We'll see who ends up doing what here.

(Also, I should have had Dre'k 5ft step closer to Leena last round; I forgot.
    Hopefully she'll be a "good girl" and stop moving away from her protectors in the future. )

20. - Top - End - #110

I forgot to add Leena's Inspire Courage Competence Bonus to my Attack and Damage rolls. Should be a 24 to hit and if it does, a total of 9 damage.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by namo View Post
    (Also, I should have had Dre'k 5ft step closer to Leena last round; I forgot.
    Hopefully she'll be a "good girl" and stop moving away from her protectors in the future. )
    Hey, she only took a 5-ft step forward. It's most everyone else that ran ahead this time. XD

In all seriousness, traveling wise, I imagine she would try to stay in the center of most party formations. The amusement at the group being caught with their pants down was just too much to not go for it at least once.
    Last edited by Kuro Dmon; 2024-03-04 at 04:41 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Dmon View Post
    I'm curious where you'd be aiming; a low roll directly at Leena might mean you'd cut more than just the ropes holding her in place. Aiming at the chord that the Orc is pulling on, or even at his hands, on the other hand...

But regardless, I'm not against trying to aim a called shot.
    I rolled to attack the rope, and I got a pretty decent attack roll, IIRC. Let me know if there are any issues.