New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Evil campain 7 players pathfinder/ 3.5 IC

After a moment of scaring the populous. As you notice three are better dressed than the rest and two of them are wearing matching blue and white outfits. come before the party and get in between the Bloom as well as the party when they catch up to her. and the regular Goblinas and kowtow to you. As the one in the middle saying in under "O great strong ones may we ask why you have come to our little hovel. And to ask for your mercy."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Flying over to the well dressed Goblina. I am Marceline, We were tossed here by some goddess who was not pleased to see us. I know that I want and many if not all of them want to get back at that goddess how ever we can. but it seems we will need to rid the goddess of some of her followers and her power first.

3. - Top - End - #63

WolfInSheepsClothing

One of the two Goblinas asks in response to Marceline "There are two goddesses of this world. Did she look like an attractive woman with about half her face looking like a humanoid skeleton? Or did she look like a hard to make out hard to see bright light?"

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

well there were words and definitely a bright light, and then we were falling down to here where we met you

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Phage scurries over to the goblinoid, surrounded by a phalanx of dwarf skeletons and makes telepathic contact.

"I query additional information regarding the half-skeleton-faced goddess; are you able to divulge her name and location? Tell me what you know and prove you are worth more to me than your bones."

Phage looms over the poor creature, telepathically sending the final line only into the goblinoid spokesperson's mind. Her twisted reflection gleaming back at her off of the strange metallic disks lodged inside Phage's empty eye sockets.

Spoiler: Intimidate
    Show
    (1d20+18)[19] (natural 1 on intimidate)

Phage isn't able to keep his mental poker-face and broadcasts an involuntary laugh, finding his own attempt at scaring the goblin comical knowing there was no intention behind it. He already had back-up skeletons in his bag, so there was no point in wasting effort to collect the bones of these harmless creatures.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2024-02-02 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

6. - Top - End - #66

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Goblina says that sounds like you encountered Silvanus. The goddess of the humans."

The Goblina says to Phage "The goddess Luna we have a temple dedicated to her. As for where her location is. She likes her sister and has her demi-plane. I don't know how to get to it. But we could offer you its services. "

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"You will provide me with the location of your temple to Luna." Phage telepathically decrees to the goblin, fully intent to investigate this deity described as half-skeleton faced.

8. - Top - End - #68

WolfInSheepsClothing

One of the Goblina in the Blue and white outfits stands up and then bows. As she says "I would be Honored to lead you to the temple." As she starts to walk away only to turn and see if you are still following. As She takes you to the grand temple. the walls a made with palished marble. (room 14 on the simplified map in the OCC) As the girl comments that it is unfinished but still usable it can be upgraded with statues or guardian constructs. Inside you find a colossal statue of the God that the temple is dedicated to Luna.

The Goblina then says "We do know the rights of rebirth where you can change your skills and abilities for a cost of 1000 gold. The gold is used as an offering to Luna if she accepts."

Spoiler: Luna
    Show
    Last edited by Stormwolf69; 2024-02-05 at 03:42 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

Mirage would follow and keep an eye on the Goblina and their party. Finding nothing the miss at the moment they would follow suit to the temple. As they traveled there Mirage would inquire "Do you have a name?" to the Goblina still under their thrall (Dominate). After a moment turning to look at the room and the statue "What does this mean, to change our abilities?" Mirage was curious about this kind of magic, surely this kind of magic was more than just the Arcane that they themselves focused on, perhaps the Cleric did have access to more than they had originally thought. But maybe they could find a way to use it themselves.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"Your devotion is clear and evident." Phage broadcasts motionlessly taking in the rather barren temple. Polished marble was likely hard to obtain, but given the presence of the dwarven remains, Phage suspected the goblins simply repurposed this place. "Tell me. What favors does Luna offer in exchange for devotion? What are her tenants, rituals, and requirements?"

To only the party Phage adds "Given the pitiable state of these creatures and their apparent lack of resources, I suspect this Luna should be no more trusted than Silvanus."

11. - Top - End - #71

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Goblina looks at Mirage and says "Generally, No we do not have names. Being in a small group. Well, from what I understand it is some ritual where you meditate and are given some type of brew in the temple. And according to the two priestesses, you can do things like change your job like an example i could take all my training as a devine hunter and thought the ritual I could be come something diffrent like and pscionic assassin with and get the ability to use mind magic even thought i can't do it right now. it is a very powerful ritual that does not happen very offeten as it is expencive and can only be done on the full moon. That happens to be tonight. "

In the temple the presstess says "Luna is a goddess of magic and Death. Many seek her favour in the persuit of knolage by offering her Rubies. infact it was her with an offering of a few large rubbies that she wispered to us the location and how to get into this forgotten undergound city." As for the rutual that we do know of rights of rebirth. I have taken it to be come a claric. It is a easy on on the full moon and will take a night to complete it but will leave you tired. In the mornign As you are expected to take a poation and meditate. As i did i had a vision quest as I as able to see my self out of body. as I could see my self as stats and i could change them. and then retrain my skills at the cost of forgetting my pervous skills as I rouge once. now i could not pick a lock to save my self. but I did get the ability to heal others thought." As she start to giggle at that.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Phage ponders the golbin's response and queries further "How far into this place does the goblin's territory extend? What lies beyond your territory?"

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Neuro
    Warlock Vigilante | Conscript
    HP: 120/120 Init: 4
    AC: 23 F: 12 R: 13: W: 12
    Attack: 16/11

For the Moment Neuro continues with the others.

Spoiler
    Show

Hopefully the forums stay up long enough to really be able to read and do things in them.

Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

14. - Top - End - #74

WolfInSheepsClothing

The goblin looks nervous as she says "Well there are some tunnels that are collapsed that lead into the Under Dark. We have access to most of the territory in this mountain and the area around it. With time and money, We could upgrade the city or refurbish areas. So that it could be used as it was intended. But we also need to increase the population."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"I've never previously encountered goblins or flesh-creatures that had difficulty increasing their population. The money I carry is from my own realm. Tell me what value does it possess here?" Phage inquires, retrieving a gold piece and tossing haphazardly in the general direction of the goblin. Phage cares not whether she catches it or retrieves it from the ground.

"Once my curiosity has been satiated, you will show me to this Underdark. If it is too dangerous for your like, I suspect it will harbor excellent bones to add to my collection."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

perhaps we should look into this underdark, it is at the very least a place to start

17. - Top - End - #77

WolfInSheepsClothing

As the Goblina ears drop looking almost defeated she says "Well we just got the male slave to help on that part and it still takes a few years for a Goblina to be of help to the tribe. but if you want to see where the Underdark access is follow me." As she leads you out the way that you came in past a fast-moving river and many bridges. As you notice there is a waterfall. As some of you might notice there is another layer above you as she comments.

"This was the main tavern that we now use as an eating area. Unfortunately trying to make alcohol from mushrooms has been unsuccessful. " As you make your way past Taven.

As she goes to a staircase. She stops As you notice the gates Damaged with crossbow bolts stuck into the metal doors As if there was some heavy fighting in this area once.

As she says "In the time of the Dwarfs this area was called That staircase will lead you down into the under dark. At about a day's walk, you will find the ruins of a rest area. The dwarfs called it Delvers Rest it was a waystation along the staircase from the Great Hall to the Underdark trading post. As it was in the time of the dwarfs. it was located about a day's travel from each. it was meant to provide travelers with a place to stay along their Journey. not wanting to keep a group down there we blocked the tunnel and stairs we did not want something coming up a way we were not guarding. I can clear it with magic if you still want."

(OOC on the Mini map on page 2 (not the detailed one on page 1) she is taking you back into huge room 14 to 6 and taking you to a staircase that will take you down to rooms 29 and 31)
    Last edited by Stormwolf69; 2024-02-09 at 10:26 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Once the goblin has lead Phage to the collapsed passage, Phage shuffles past his phalanx of dwarven skeletons and simply walks through the rubble blocking the path to see if the barrier is sufficiently shallow to pass through.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Unquiet Grave stance Mourning Ghost Attitude allows Phage to pass through solid objects with his equipment (though the skeletons aren't equipment and don't benefit) as though he were an Incorporeal Creature.

If he is able to reach the other side:
    Perception 22 (Keen Ear to take 10)
    Stealth (1d20+16)[36]

A few moments later, he emerges from the obstructing rubble.

19. - Top - End - #79

Mirage was curious about this change, it had to be powerful transformation magic. Perhaps they could learn something from this to add to their collection of knowledge. "I see, very well. Divine Hunter, is that how your people address you?" They were curious how they spoke about one another and figured their roles must be their designation. Not a name per say but identification. "I would like to see this ritual in action. I study and research magic." They were not sure how else to put their quest for knowledge. They would gesture "Guide me to where this ritual is performed I wish to learn more."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Neuro

"Ah that is likely because you'd need to get the mushrooms to ferment. A possibility, but likely only certain kinds of mushrooms can do it properly and not be toxic. " Neruo leans in closer to look at the bolts stuck in the door, examining them closer. "Just who has weapons able to put these into metal doors?"

21. - Top - End - #81

WolfInSheepsClothing

Phage: As you make your way through the rubble you find on the other side rubble and dust. The other side of the tunnel is clear but you have no idea what you will find at the other rest stop or where the city meets the under dark.

Mirage: The Divine Hunter says “The ritual is done in the temple. We don’t have the gold and it will take several hours to complete.

Neruo: The priestess turns to you as she says “We don’t know. Out of fear that is why we blocked the tunnel with magic for our group’s safety. We could guess Drow and Dwarfs are known to heavy use of crossbows.”

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"There is no threat immediately behind the rubble." Phage telepathically declares as the skeletons begin working tirelessly to clear the passage for those who can't pass through solid matter.

23. - Top - End - #83

WolfInSheepsClothing

The priestess rolls her eyes as she casts a spell. as she clears the rubble with her magic.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Phage proceeds further into the Underdark, scouting ahead for any dangers, confident in his Incorporeality. He uses the environment to his favor.

His loyal skeletal underlings trail behind, performing a spooky dance as they travel. The loud rattling of their bones echo out for all to hear. They make no effort to conceal themselves.

Spoiler: Skills
    Show
    Sealth (1d20+16)[30]
    Perception (Take 10 with Keen Ear trait) [22]

Being spooky in case I run into anything worth intimidating for information. The skeletons also serve as a nice lure for new bones to harvest.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2024-02-16 at 05:49 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

following phage into the Underdark, looking out for trouble

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Neuro

For the moment Neuro follows along, at this point content to let the others do the heavy lifting, since he doesn't need to run mediator between the murder hobos and other living creatures.

Spoiler
    Show

I'd need to check what spells I have access to right now.
    Don't have access to my sheet currently.

Last edited by Triskavanski; 2024-02-19 at 12:38 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87

WolfInSheepsClothing

After walking for for about 8 hours you finally make your way out of the staircase. You finally arrive at the rest stop you were told was down there. As your entrance is not going unnoticed as you hear a creature make a loud call. As you can hear something large is comeing towards you. it would appear that something else as claimed this area as its own.

roll of init please

Spoiler: bigger map of the area.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Phage continues phasing about stealthily while his skeletons act as an obvious lure.

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    (1d20+10)[25]

Stealth (again if needed) (1d20+16)[32] even creatures with extraordinary senses must roll to notice Phage as he has the Darkstalker feat.
    Perception 22 (Take 10 with Keen Ear)

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

[table="width: 500"]
    [tr]
    [td="width: 200"][/td]
    [td]
    Neuro

Neruo gets ready as well for the combat to start

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry this took so long.

(1d20+4)[19] init check

Last edited by Triskavanski; 2024-02-28 at 06:30 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90

WolfInSheepsClothing

(sorry for the delay was waiting to see who was in combat.)

you see two Huge bugs turn the corner of a building (building 4) another turns but pilled on right behind the other in the small ally to your left. As you find your selves being flanked.