New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Pokésona Blue Version

In case that it is still alive, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring as well.

Finn Leister, programmer desperately trying to figure out why this fox is burning so brightly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Name:Finn Leister
    Arcana: The Hermit IX
    Background: Daemon_Ologist (++Focus, +Edu: Tech, -Combat, -Survival, -Intimidate)
    Classes: Ace Trainer/Special Attack Ace/Duelist/Researcher(General/Gadgeteer)
    Starter: Emrys the Fennekin

Close Contact (The Moon XVIII): Xena Munroe, Finn's lifelong friend. The two share an interest in the occult, though Xena's runs a lot deeper, and she has gotten deep into spiritualism. When the two are together, their particular energies, quirks, and obsessions tend to equal parts amplify and negate each other. As a result, together they tend to spiral in distinctly different ways than they would when apart.
    Casual Acquaintance (The Emperor IV): Gavin Trevors, Finn's cyber security professor, and closest thing Finn has to a personal mentor at the university. He's been in the business for a while, and has a lot of connection and resources that can be tapped into, within reason.
    Secret Society (Hierophant V): Avery Oden, Finn's Machine Learning Professor, is also employed by Silph Co, working on some of their high end AI projects. Fun fact: Silph Co. is working on an artificial digitial Pokémon to help explore and exploit the Dark Hour.

I apparently don't have enough posts for links so... oops, here's the link to my sheet in text form. Sorry 'bout that.
    Spoiler: Link
    Show
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zx289jkTgP3SHs-HmV8qT19nHzxT5mW5acDMzbHLiOU/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: Changed my Fire Ace over to a combination of Ace Trainer and Special Attack Ace. Still fits the starting theme of 'why is this fox burning so hot' while giving me a bit more leeway in what I get in terms of Mon.
    Last edited by Harbringer; 2024-01-30 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Changed some Classes around

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

It's still alive, I just haven't decided when to choose players yet. I also admit I was waiting a little on Ricka Draws, since they expressed interest in Red at some point as well. I'll start the thread this week at a time subject to my own caprice, so anyone who has a character idea or question should post it now-ish.

Someone asked in Discord about starting equipment. I am randomly setting it at Ą3000. You can get any equipment at normal price to start, or save it as cash. You'll need to go through a party confidant to buy things reliably with cash, but maybe if you're good they'll give you a discount?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Someone asked in Discord about starting equipment. I am randomly setting it at Ą3000. You can get any equipment at normal price to start, or save it as cash. You'll need to go through a party confidant to buy things reliably with cash, but maybe if you're good they'll give you a discount?
    Thank you! New question: are we going with Errata or no? I was going to go with Sniper on Excidium regardless, but I want to make sure I have the right version listed.

Also I don’t think I posted my Daily contact, so here she is:

Bika Excelsa serves coffee at Roland’s favorite coffee shop, which he stops by almost every day his morning run. Friendly and keen of mind, she knows when to keep her mouth shut and when to lend a sympathetic ear – both assets for the shop as Roland’s not the only member of the force to stop by that particular place for coffee.
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

Do we want to talk about potential overlaps and preexisting character meetings in the meantime
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Do we want to talk about potential overlaps and preexisting character meetings in the meantime
    No objection here.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

So I'm seeing a few potential overlaps we may want to flesh out if we want to have existing connections:

First, the school has a lot of tangentially related people in different majors.
    There seems to be some sort of messed up goings on in the tech and biotech sector with silph at the head, and people on the periphery
    A collection of depression and oddballs that generally prefer physical activities
    and finally, sectarian pokewar?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: MCerberus
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Name: Renault "Monty" Montblanc
    Arcana: Tower
    Background: A relatively new transfer student that was moved over to live with his aunt after his parents died in an accident en route to visiting family in Kalos. While normally proactive and outgoing he's in a really bad place, in a new place and faced with intrusive thoughts that it wasn't an accident.
    Everyday Life: Charlie... Charlie makes him laugh, which is probably the only thing keeping Monty above-water, so the speak. Assigned to the same study hall, Charlie is the only one that's really been able to get through his shell. They don't really hang out much outside of school, with Charlie busy with her band and active social life. The two still get up to the occasional mischief.
    Acquaintance: Scott is one of the regulars at the gym where Monty goes to blow off steam. They talk occasionally but never see each other outside of the occasional running into each other. However, Scott's dad did go through a recent "prepper" kick and now is trying to get rid of his folly (rations, clean water, first aid supplies)
    Secret Society: Aunti Lizz is part of the League religion. Fun fact - there are competing faction. Lizz is 'speaker to the flame prophet' of the 'children of dome' faction.

Spoiler: ProgressPaladin
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ProgressPaladin View Post
    Background: Fletcher has always wanted to be a scientist. From elementary school, he's been hardworking and curious, always wanting to learn more about each topic. But when his mom died of cancer, he set his track on medicine. He wanted to help people with the same problems, and cure other diseases. He moved to Saffron City, where he got a scholarship to the University involving his research of medicine patches, which would make medicine cheaper and safer to use in higher concentrations on patients. Since then, he's been working long hours, researching and studying, hoping to solve problems.

Everyday Life: Prof. Claire is Fletchers mentor. She has helped him through his research, and guided him through tough times. Fletcher owes his success with the patches to Claire, and they are slowly becoming friends, which Fletcher definitely needs.

Acquaintance: Ryan Uptmore is a classmate who occasionally studies with Fletcher. He used to be someone he could talk to, but lately he’s been acting strange, almost… emotionless.

Secret Society: Prof. Claire is working for Team Rocket and wants to use the Patches to deliver performance enhancers at a high price. Fun Fact: Team
    Rocket wants to establish a monopoly on the performance enhancer business.

Spoiler: Kareeah_Indaga
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    Roland is obviously still in progress but I want to make sure the sheet is accessible.

Background: A part of the Saffron City police force for a couple of years now, he is currently on paid leave after he reported having strange dreams involving seeing monsters roving around at night and shadow people with glowing hearts - assumed to be trauma related by his therapist. His fiancée fell victim to White Out Syndrome shortly after the meteor strike: she is sufficiently listless that she stopped taking care of herself and is currently in long term care.
    Daily Contact: Bika Excelsa serves coffee at Roland’s favorite coffee shop, which he stops by almost every day his morning run. Friendly and keen of mind, she knows when to keep her mouth shut and when to lend a sympathetic ear – both assets for the shop as Roland’s not the only member of the force to stop by that particular place for coffee.
    Weekly Contact: Roland's work therapist, Lara Midia to whom he goes for therapy about once a week. She's the one who recommended him for leave. She hunts for interesting rocks in her spare time - geodes, agates, occasionally pans for gold - mostly she just finds curiosities and she hasn't struck it rich yet, but it's a hobby she enjoys. She also has good general knowledge of the surrounding area where said rocks are found, such as campsites and lesser-known trails, and a working knowledge of who to contact if you or a friend are stranded in said areas in need of assistance. Ask her how she knows!
    Secret Faction: One of his other co-workers moonlights as an acolyte at the Sky Dragon's Aerie (church of Rayquaza) faction of the League religion. There's a rivalry between the Sky Dragon's Aerie and the Temple of Time (Dialga) over who is the One True Dragon - nothing serious, it's mostly things like the Temple trying to one-up the Aerie's number of donors at the annual blood drive, the Aerie deliberately scheduling their bake sale on the same day the Temple has their craft fair, that sort of thing.

Spoiler: Lokyar
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokyar View Post
    Name: Nui Londalt *
    Arcana: The High Priestess
    Background: PreMed Aspirant (MedEdu++, Intution+)
    Starter: Harrow the Litwick

Everyday Contact: (I - The Magician) Rex Colton, Nui's eternal rival for top of the class and the chaotic yang to her ordered yin. At least to hear their classmates describe them. In truth Nui and Rex have been study partners since high school, exchanging expertises in biology and organic chemistry, and they find the speculation of their peers alternatingly amusing and exhausting.

Acquaintance: (XVII - The Star) Tanya works at the small health and wellness shop where Nui buys protein shakes on the way to and from school. The punk goth girl frequently badmouths the mainstream pharmaceuticals that makes up most of the store's stock, but is oddly upbeat about their homegrown supplements and herbal tonics. (Herbal Restoratives, Herbs, and eventually Vitamins)

Secret Society: (VII - The Chariot) Nui's mother, Jade Londalt, works as a paralegal for Silph Co's marketing and legal department. Unknown to most Silph Co owns a non-controlling but significant share in most of the major television channels, not enough to dictate policies but it certainly doesn't hurt with pushing advertising and reporting on any new product lines.

Spoiler: Build Notes
    Show
    Nui is a Medic, Commander, Firebringer, and Ace Trainer (the last largely for lack of better options that fit the concept). They focus on active support in the form of healing and multiple orders, and in a big fight can apply Burn for DoT and reduced defense. They will later gain the ability to spread those Order bonuses to allies.

Spoiler: Harbringer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbringer View Post
    In case that it is still alive, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring as well.

Finn Leister, programmer desperately trying to figure out why this fox is burning so brightly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Name:Finn Leister
    Arcana: The Hermit IX
    Background: Daemon_Ologist (++Focus, +Edu: Tech, -Combat, -Survival, -Intimidate)
    Classes: Ace Trainer/Special Attack Ace/Duelist/Researcher(General/Gadgeteer)
    Starter: Emrys the Fennekin

Close Contact (The Moon XVIII): Xena Munroe, Finn's lifelong friend. The two share an interest in the occult, though Xena's runs a lot deeper, and she has gotten deep into spiritualism. When the two are together, their particular energies, quirks, and obsessions tend to equal parts amplify and negate each other. As a result, together they tend to spiral in distinctly different ways than they would when apart.
    Casual Acquaintance (The Emperor IV): Gavin Trevors, Finn's cyber security professor, and closest thing Finn has to a personal mentor at the university. He's been in the business for a while, and has a lot of connection and resources that can be tapped into, within reason.
    Secret Society (Hierophant V): Avery Oden, Finn's Machine Learning Professor, is also employed by Silph Co, working on some of their high end AI projects. Fun fact: Silph Co. is working on an artificial digitial Pokémon to help explore and exploit the Dark Hour.

Combining posts to include added info and working links! You six are all invited to the OOC thread to check in.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait a second... a (seemingly silly) PTU game? A system I've wanted to play around with for years... and I missed it?! A R G H. On the off chance that the recruiting tag means you guys are still open to another player, I'd like to register my interest here. Got an idea for a conspiracy theorist type of character percolating in my head, but don't want to put in a bunch of work if there isn't space.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post
    Wait a second... a (seemingly silly) PTU game? A system I've wanted to play around with for years... and I missed it?! A R G H. On the off chance that the recruiting tag means you guys are still open to another player, I'd like to register my interest here. Got an idea for a conspiracy theorist type of character percolating in my head, but don't want to put in a bunch of work if there isn't space.
    Oh hi Gnomes! *waves*
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    Oh hi Gnomes! *waves*
    The wild Kareeah appears... outside of Helnith?! Never thought we'd see the day. *Return wave*

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

I should really close this thread, but I'll likely be recruiting for the Red version of this game again in the near future, since that game has been stalled out for a few weeks. The Pokésona formula is getting better each time, so maybe you'd be coming in at the right time after all?
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2024-03-03 at 07:05 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, I'm fine applying for Gun Turtle or Overrated Fire Lizard edition. Cool with either joining the ongoing game or a new one, just want to finally get in a game with the system like, 9 years after I learned about it.