New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D&D Movie

1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: D&D Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    For Ravenloft I recommend Big Trouble In Little China. Lo Pan has all the traits of a Ravenloft darklord; evil, magic powers, wields great influence over an area but is trapped there, object of his desire perpetually just out of his grasp. Additionally Lo Pan also shares some traits with the classic D&D villain Iuz the Evil (who was at one point a ravenloft darklord), in particular, the fact thst they both alternate between appearing young and imposing and appearing old and decrepit.
    And has two of the greatest actors of all time!

Where "greatest actor" = some my favorites

To quibble...the object of Lo Pan's desire isn't out of his grasp. He grasps it. Much to his later regret.

- M
    No matter where you go...there you are!

Holhokki Tapio - GitP Blood Bowl New Era Season I Champion
    Togashi Ishi - Betrayal at the White Temple
    Da Monsters of Da Midden - GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Season V-VI-VII

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DragonEyeSeeker View Post
    The Drizzt novels are some of the best selling novels D&D has ever produced. Drizzt and his companions & enemies are some of the most iconic characters in all of D&D. For whatever reason, studios & WotC refuse to adapt them to film or TV.

Never mind, Dragonlance.

Or Ravenloft.

Heck, some of their iconic adventures could be spun into a fun film.
    Dragonlance actually had an animated movie of the first novel back in 2008.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tomandtish View Post
    Dragonlance actually had an animated movie of the first novel back in 2008.
    Speak not of the abomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    I actually prefer the 2000's movie (and its sequel) over Honor Among Thieves... sure they aren't good movies, but at least they are entertaining (even if not in the way their producers intended)... Meanwhile, Honor Among Thieves is the very definition of "mid".
    I can see where you’re coming from! The 2000’s movie and its sequel definitely have a certain charm, even if they don’t quite hit the mark in terms of cinematic excellence. Sometimes, it’s the unintentional entertainment value that keeps us hooked

about Honor Among Thieves. It’s true that this film falls into that “mid” category – not terrible, but not mind-blowing either. It sets the stage for something more. Our adventurers, led by Edgin, manage to retrieve the elusive Tablet of Reawakening and take down the Red Wizard Sofina. That’s no small feat!

What excites me is the potential for a sequel. The Dungeons & Dragons universe is vast, and this movie only scratches the surface. Imagine diving deeper into the lore, exploring forgotten realms, encountering mythical creatures, and unearthing ancient artifacts.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DragonEyeSeeker View Post
    The Drizzt novels are some of the best selling novels D&D has ever produced. Drizzt and his companions & enemies are some of the most iconic characters in all of D&D. For whatever reason, studios & WotC refuse to adapt them to film or TV.

Never mind, Dragonlance.

Or Ravenloft.

Heck, some of their iconic adventures could be spun into a fun film.
    And Planescape.

They could probably get a decent movie out of Planescape Torment
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2024-02-08 at 11:07 AM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)