New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Mutants & Masterminds 3.2 [playtest]

I was hoping to stat out Panacea and adjust her points a bit, but there have been some changes to Healing or Regeneration (Possibly renamed as Fast Healing?) that aren't revealed yet and I can't get the points to make sense.

It looks like the fast healing ability costs like 23 points, which is bananas because it's really bad regeneration.

Spoiler: power breakdown
    Show
    BIO-MANIPULATION Array 10pts : Panacea can perform one of the following effects per Turn as a Standard Action:
    • ACCELERATED HEALING: Touching another character, Panacea
    rolls a DC 10 Check with a +8 Bonus: Each Degree of Success on the Healing Check removes one Damage Condition,
    starting with the subject’s least severe condition, and working towards the most severe. She can make one Healing
    Check per subject per Scene. Additional uses on the same
    subject in that Scene require EXTRA EFFORT (page 17). (Healing Rank 8, Limited, Affects Only Others 8pts)
    • ADRENAL SURGE: Panacea gains a +12 bonus to her Athletics
    Checks. The bonus is reduced by 1 at the end of each of her
    Turns until it is gone. (Enhanced Skill Rank 6, Activation standard, Fading 1pts)
    • BIO-STUN: Roll a Ranged Attack Check against a target. On a
    hit, they are required to succeed on a DC 18 Fortitude Resistance Check:
    SUCCESS: No effect
    FAILURE (ONE DEGREE): Dazed
    FAILURE (TWO DEGREES): Stunned
    FAILURE (THREE OR MORE DEGREES): Incapacitated.
    Targets get a new Resistance Check at the end of each of
    their turns to eliminate the Dazed and Stunned Conditions,
    every minute to eliminate the Incapacitated Condition. (Affliction Rank 8 8pts)
    ENHANCED IMMUNE SYSTEM: Panacea is immune to diseases and
    toxins and can survive twice as long as normal without food
    or water.(Immunity Rank 4 Limited to Half Effect 2, 3pts)
    FAST HEALING: Panacea can make a Recovery Check (see page
    15) from being Injured by resting for one Turn (taking no
    actions) and from being Wounded after four minutes, rather than a day. She has a total +5 Bonus on Recovery Checks
    (including her Stamina Rank).

My guesses are that Regeneration is completely removed and replaced with whatever fast healing is, speeding up recovery rolls instead of automatically healing, and that Healing is actually ALWAYS limited to 1/scene so it's not actually Limited flaw (which would be an array of 16,8, and 1, which is just really really bad) but I don't know how the numbers work.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

I've made a bunch of edits:

Edit: Magic Girl Jenova moved to here.
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2024-02-17 at 03:39 AM.
    ESPRE Super Powers Roleplay Engine: An open game RPG about super powers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!
    Emerald Legion A Mind Flayer's guide to breeding Ikea Tarrasques
    The Blob Ikea Tarrasques Redux through Fusion+Astral Seed
    Spellblade Tennis Throw out nigh infinite spells per round
    Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy Nigh infinite melee damage exploit

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benoojian View Post
    I was hoping to stat out Panacea and adjust her points a bit, but there have been some changes to Healing or Regeneration (Possibly renamed as Fast Healing?) that aren't revealed yet and I can't get the points to make sense.

It looks like the fast healing ability costs like 23 points, which is bananas because it's really bad regeneration.
    Yeah. They seem to have reverted to the 2E implementation of Regeneration.

FAST HEALING: Panacea can make a Recovery Check (see page 15) from being Injured by resting for one Turn (taking no actions) and from being Wounded after four minutes, rather than a day. She has a total +5 Bonus on Recovery Checks (including her Stamina Rank).
    My Guess is:
    *3 ranks in Improved Recovery Check (so adding 2 Stamina = +5 total)
    *9 ranks in Regen for Wounded (1 day > 4 minutes)
    *9 ranks in Regen for Injured (1 hr > 6 seconds)

Total 21 PP

• BIO-STUN: Roll a Ranged Attack Check against a target. On a hit, they are required to succeed on a DC 18 Fortitude Resistance Check:
    Targets get a new Resistance Check at the end of each of their turns to eliminate the Dazed and Stunned Conditions, every minute to eliminate the Incapacitated Condition. (Affliction Rank 8 8pts)
    Since it is a Range Affliction, Bio-Stun should be 16PP.

• ACCELERATED HEALING: Touching another character, Panacea rolls a DC 10 Check with a +8 Bonus: Each Degree of Success on the Healing Check removes one Damage Condition, starting with the subject’s least severe condition, and working towards the most severe. She can make one Healing Check per subject per Scene. Additional uses on the same subject in that Scene require EXTRA EFFORT (page 17). (Healing Rank 8, Limited, Affects Only Others 8pts)
    Which also means that her Healing does not need any flaws. So Affects Others only, and once-per-scene, seem to be the new norm for healing.

This makes recovery between fights a lot harder. If you are Wounded with a bunch of Injuries, Healing will only remove the least severe condition, the injuries. You have to wait a whole day to attempt to recover from Wounded. And if you fail the recovery check, that's another day of waiting. Unless you try to "game" the system by switching scenes repeatedly to allow additional healing attempts.

"Alright, team I know you are all heavily injured and badly wounded. But I've already used my healing at the bank robbery site, so we have to take a trip to the mall if you want to get better."
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Unfortunately my character also has Regeneration, so I suppose I'll have to try and make sense of the above when I have the time and focus (or possibly just spend the points on something else, maybe I'll boost his immortality, so he just resurrects quickly instead? ).

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    I'm still interested (and really hoping to actually get to play Cthul-Lad for once ). The sheet isn't entirely finished (especially the fluffy parts, the history isn't up to the present and the personality is just copied from Complications) but most of it's there.

Spoiler: power breakdown
    Show
    BIO-MANIPULATION Array 10pts : Panacea can perform one of the following effects per Turn as a Standard Action:
    • ACCELERATED HEALING: Touching another character, Panacea
    rolls a DC 10 Check with a +8 Bonus: Each Degree of Success on the Healing Check removes one Damage Condition,
    starting with the subject’s least severe condition, and working towards the most severe. She can make one Healing
    Check per subject per Scene. Additional uses on the same
    subject in that Scene require EXTRA EFFORT (page 17). (Healing Rank 8, Limited, Affects Only Others 8pts)
    • ADRENAL SURGE: Panacea gains a +12 bonus to her Athletics
    Checks. The bonus is reduced by 1 at the end of each of her
    Turns until it is gone. (Enhanced Skill Rank 6, Activation standard, Fading 1pts)
    every minute to eliminate the Incapacitated Condition. (Affliction Rank 8 8pts)
    ENHANCED IMMUNE SYSTEM: Panacea is immune to diseases and
    toxins and can survive twice as long as normal without food
    or water.(Immunity Rank 4 Limited to Half Effect 2, 3pts)
    FAST HEALING: Panacea can make a Recovery Check (see page
    15) from being Injured by resting for one Turn (taking no
    actions) and from being Wounded after four minutes, rather than a day. She has a total +5 Bonus on Recovery Checks
    (including her Stamina Rank).

My guesses are that Regeneration is completely removed and replaced with whatever fast healing is, speeding up recovery rolls instead of automatically healing, and that Healing is actually ALWAYS limited to 1/scene so it's not actually Limited flaw (which would be an array of 16,8, and 1, which is just really really bad) but I don't know how the numbers work.
    Unfortunately my character also has Regeneration, so I suppose I'll have to try and make sense of the above when I have the time and focus (or possibly just spend the points on something else, maybe I'll boost his immortality, so he just resurrects quickly instead? ).
    We really don't have all the new rules so there's some gray area. To handle it I'll bump the point-total from 120 to 150. Also recruitment is extended a week (until the 17th).

When I looked at how Recovery had changed that's when it hits home how the combat system has shifted to something more Iron-Age. The perfect system for Wolverine, Deadpool and Punisher.
    Last edited by SwordCoastTaxi; 2024-02-08 at 09:07 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

The more I thought about it, the more I liked the morbid quality of Cthul-Lad being as fragile as anyone else but quickly resurrecting so I've removed his regeneration and boosted his immortality quite a bit. I have an idea of what to do with rest of that generous increase in PP, but we'll see how it works out in practice.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, on seeing three of my posts close together, it seems like I really overuse this little guy:
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2024-02-09 at 02:47 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I have Quarry stated out just been having issues with getting him into a Myth Weavers sheet. I will post him here as soon as I get to my desktop.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler: Quarry
    Show

Name: Quarry PL 8 (150 pts)
    Normal Identity: Elliot Bourne

Abilities (12 pts)

Strength 0/10
    Agility 2
    Fighting 0
    Awareness 1
    Stamina 2/10
    Dexterity 0
    Intelligence 1
    Presence 0

Skills (11 pts)

Acrobatics* (Agi) +2
    Athletics (Str) +10
    Close Combat: Unarmed (Ftg) +2/+6 • 1 pts
    Computers (Int) +1
    Deception (Pre) +0
    Driving (Dex) +0
    Electronics (Int) +1
    Expertise* (Pop Culture) (Int) +3 • 1 pts
    Expertise* (Science) (Int) +5 • 2 pts
    Insight (Awe) +3 • 1 pts
    Intimidation (Pre) +0/+1
    Investigation* (Int) +1
    Mechanics (Int). +1
    Perception (Awe) +5 • 2 pts
    Persuasion (Pre) +0
    Ranged Combat (Throwning)(Dex) +6 • 3 pts
    Sleight of Hand (Dex) +0
    Stealth (Agi) +2
    Technology* (Int) +3 • 1 pts
    Thievery (Dex) +0
    Treatment (Int) +0

Feats (5 pts)

Diehard
    Equipment: iPhone,
    Improved Initiative
    Improvised Weapon
    Interpose

Powers (109 pts)

Tremorsense: Senses 4 (Touch, Acute, Extended 2, Ranged) Limited(only through a common surface) • 2 pt

Magic Resistance: Immunity 10 (Magic effects) Half effect • 5 pts

Elemental Acolyte: Immunity 10 (Earth effects) • 10 pts

Regeneration 10 (remove -1 toughness/round) Source (In contact with the Earth) • 5 pts
    AP: Healing 4 Source (In contact with the Earth), Stabilize • 5 pts

Stone Form (Activation: Move -1 pt) • 86 pts
    Growth 2 (8 ft tall) (+2 Str, +2 Sta, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge /Parry) • 4 pts
    Growth 3 (Increased Density only, 3200 lbs - does not modify defenses, size, speed, or skills) (+3 Str, +3 Sta, +3 Mass) • 6 pts
    Enhanced Fighting +4 • 8 pts
    Enhanced Strength +5 • 10 pts
    Enhanced Stamina +3 • 6 pts

Elemental Fury: All-out Attack, Power Attack, Takedown 2 • 4 pts

Invulnerability: Impervious on Toughness • 10 pts
    Being of Stone: Immunity 9 (critical hits, disease, environmental(high pressure, radiation, vacuum), poison, suffocation) • 9 pts
    Elemental Resistance: Immunity 35 (damage from air, cold, electricity, fire, heat, ice or water) Half effect • 18 pts

Strength Power Array
    AP Thunderclap: Affliction 10 (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned), Area (Cone), Limited Degree • 1 pts
    AP Groundstomp: Damage 8, Area (Burst 30’ rad), Limited ( targets must be in contact with the same surface) • 1 pts

Unstoppable: Burrowing 8 (16 mph) • 8 pts
    AP: Leaping 7 (900 ft - 60 mph) • 1 pts
    AP: Speed 5 (60 mph) • 1 pts

Offense

Initiative +6
    Unarmed Combat: +6
    Thrown Object: +6

Defense (13 pts)

Dodge: +7/+6 (-1 from size) • 5 pts
    Parry: +3/+6 (-1 from size) • 3 pt
    Fortitude: +2/+10 • 0 pts
    Toughness: +2/+10 (Impervious) • 0 pts
    Will: +6 • 5 pts

Total: 12 + 11 + 5 + 109 + 13 = 150

Spoiler: Description
    Show

Description

Elliot is a fairly typical looking high school student, if a bit on the small side for his age. He has sandy blond hair and hazel eyes. He typically wears hand me down T-shirts and jeans. His favorite shirts are ones his older brothers got from one concert or another. Mostly because he thinks they help look cool but also because he loves what he calls classic music.

Quarry is a massive figure of dark stone standing just under 8 feet tall and over 4 feet wide. His skin appears as worn stone reflecting those of the Henge when he was originally granted his powers.

Spoiler: Background
    Show

Background

Elliot was on a family vacation in England. He and his family were part of a tour group visiting Stonehenge when a thunderstorm quickly rolled in. Elliot had been off running around the fields when the tour guides were calling for everyone to return to the buses to wait out the storm. By the time he realized what was happening he was running through the monument as lightning crashed down around him. Just before he exited the ring of largest stones a bolt of lightning striking one of the stones arced out connecting to Elliot. He became infused with ancient fey energies that the stones had collected and stored over millennia transforming him into a stone elemental embodying the stones themselves.

Spoiler: Complications
    Show

Complications

Motivation: Doing Good, Thrills
    Prejudice: Teenager
    Accident: Quarry is big, heavy and strong and sometimes things get broken.
    Honor: Elliot has been infused with ancient magics and fragments of old spirits that carry with them echos of an old code that he feels compelled to uphold sometimes even when he’s not transformed
    Secret Identity
    Relationships: Family (mom, dad, three brothers)
    Responsibilities: School

Edit: updated to include the full 150 pts
    Last edited by Rook.Gamer; 2024-02-13 at 08:17 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Planetar

I strongly suspect that Impervious is not a thing in this edition based on the QuickStart characters and the new damage mechanics. Two of them instead have the unique power Invulnerability which lets them get a 2nd degree success to take no damage. Not sure of the point value tho yet.

Edit: In other news I think I’ve got the math to work out for Regeneration, which suggests the default rules are that you can’t take actions while regenerating and that it only affects lethal damage by default and as one user pointed out is based on time rank rather than per minute. Also 1 per rank same as regular regeneration.
    Last edited by Benoojian; 2024-02-09 at 01:20 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SwordCoastTaxi View Post
    We really don't have all the new rules so there's some gray area. To handle it I'll bump the point-total from 120 to 150.
    I'm guessing the PL increases to 10 as well?

More PP is always welcome, but it does make it tricky for anyone wanting to use one of the pre-mades.

Quote Originally Posted by Rook.Gamer View Post
    Dodge: +7/+6 (-1 from size) • 5 pts
    Parry: +2/+6 (-1 from size) • 2 pt
    Fortitude: +2/+10 • 0 pts
    Toughness: +2/+10 (Impervious) • 0 pts
    Will: +8 • 7 pts
    This seems to be built for PL8. In which case, Fortitude + Will cannot exceed PL x2.

On Recovery Checks, I just realized something else: Wounded in Valiant includes the Disabled condition. This imposes a penalty die on all checks, including the recovery check. If your Stamina isn't 5+, you likely have to make several recovery checks before Wounded is removed. Which translates to several days of downtime, unless the GM allows a lot of scene switching for repeated Heals.

Thinking about it a bit more, the only way to reliably remove Wounded condition from a team (without scene switching shenanigans) is a power like this:

Accelerated Recovery (21 PP)
    *Abominations can channel their biological energies into accelerated regeneration when out of combat. They can even share this ability with others.
    *Regeneration: 6 ranks @ 3 PP per rank
    *Extras: Duration increased to Continuous (+1), Affects Others (+1)
    + *Wounded: 6 ranks (1 day > 30 minutes)
    *Flat Extras: Persistent, Regrowth, Progression (x1, affects 2 others through Touch)

Duration is changed to continuous, so the power remains active while you rest.

Anyone who wants to submit Panacea (or a similar dedicated healer) is free to copy this idea.
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2024-02-09 at 05:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Yes JeminiZero he was built for PL 8. I hadn’t seen the change of point total. But I assume the caps are still PL 8.

I realized my mistake on his Will as I was considering how to spend those last few points. Thanks for checking.

12. - Top - End - #42

Planetar

I statted out Ace as well, since the only missing piece for him was the new Invulnerability power. It appears to cost a very strange 12 points.

Also like 3 of the characters have higher toughness than stamina without having the protection power, so I think another change for Valiant is that you can straight up buy toughness like any other stat.

Is it weird that I'm enjoying trying to excavate rules changes from the limited information in the quickstart?

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Thumbs up Re: Mutants & Masterminds 3.2 [playtest]

So replacing his impervious with the new 12 invulnerability isn’t too bad. Then I was planning on using the beginning point boost
    To give him some regenerative power but it sounds like everyone will just be taking high levels in immortality. This suggests to me that we really don’t have a good grasp of the healing mechanics due to our limited information or else the new rules aren’t very super.

I too enjoy the archeological work to figure out the rules but that could take quite a bit of time and seems ripe for contention.
    Maybe, SwordCoastTaxi, you could specifically state the changes to 3E you want to make based on the information at hand and leave the rest (healing and regen for example) as is to have everyone on the same footing. It seems like everyone is making their own characters at the moment.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Sorry folks been sick recently but my meds are kicking in. The quickstart is pretty limited obviously and I'm not a fan of how the pregens were written. Would using the original (3e) Regeneration, Healing and Impervious work better for you? That's how I created my NPCs but let me know what feels right. The plus with M&M is you can create and use any kind of power as long as it doesn't break the game.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I hope you fell better soon. I like that approach. We can always make adjustments later if the new rules don’t mesh as well with the old ones.
    Last edited by Rook.Gamer; 2024-02-10 at 01:04 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Get well soon.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

The bigger issue is whatever's happening with this site (obvious connectivity problems). Until they get that resolved I won't be starting this so players have time to make supers.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

The bigger issue is whatever's happening with this site (obvious connectivity problems). Until they get that resolved I won't be starting this so players have time to make supers.
    Yeah, I hope both you and the site will feel better soon.

So are we going with the original versions of those powers and the extra PP? Or original versions and no extra PP? I'm fine with either, as long as I know which it is.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Yeah, I hope both you and the site will feel better soon.

So are we going with the original versions of those powers and the extra PP? Or original versions and no extra PP? I'm fine with either, as long as I know which it is.
    You get the extra 30pp and because the quickstart doesn't provide depth to how powers have changed, you can use the core 3e rules for powers and advantages. Hope this works.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Excellent! I will put some of those points into a regen/healing ability as I was hoping to and maybe expand a bit more of his stone form.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

You get the extra 30pp and because the quickstart doesn't provide depth to how powers have changed, you can use the core 3e rules for powers and advantages. Hope this works.
    Are we being bumped up to PL10, or is this 150PP at PL8?
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Are we being bumped up to PL10, or is this 150PP at PL8?
    PL8 with 150PP should work for us, I think.

23. - Top - End - #53

Planetar

I am officially putting in a request to play Panacea from the Quickstart. She will use the original versions of Healing and Regeneration.

With the extra points I shored up her defenses a bit and gave her a limited immortality(she is defeated by faraday cages), and also gave her a couple extra advantages to make her dangerous in a fist fight even against a stronger opponent. I did give her the new Invulnerability power, though limited so that other electricity users can bypass it.

I am still in the process of transferring everything to a mythweavers sheet, since I used a fillable pdf to do some of the math for me. Here's the sheet for now, though you'll have to download in order to view it properly.
    Last edited by Benoojian; 2024-02-11 at 12:56 PM. Reason: most current sheet

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

I am officially putting in a request to play Panacea from the Quickstart. She will use the original versions of Healing and Regeneration.

With the extra points I shored up her defenses a bit and gave her a limited immortality(she is defeated by faraday cages), and also gave her a couple extra advantages to make her dangerous in a fist fight even against a stronger opponent. I did give her the new Invulnerability power, though limited so that other electricity users can bypass it.

I am still in the process of transferring everything to a mythweavers sheet, since I used a fillable pdf to do some of the math for me. Here's the sheet for now, though you'll have to download in order to view it properly.
    That's fine with a few caveats:
    1. Please change her hero and real name since you're altering the character.
    2. She's over the PL8 attack-defense cap (16). Please lower her Strength or her Close Combat bonus.
    3. I couldn't make out the power you added "Drain Their Fighting Spirit". The format cut it off. Can you repost the power here please?

25. - Top - End - #55

Planetar

Changing her name to Bioshock

The +14 was a typo, it is actually +12 and Damage 4, though I did have Protection 4 and defensive roll which did break PL, whoops. Gonna redirect 6 points and reduce Proc to 1. Added immunity to alteration effects, her electric field interferes with anyone trying to shapeshift her and 2 more ranks in persuasion.

Reposting the entire power section and advantage section since more is cut off when you view in google

Spoiler: Bioshock powers and advantages
    Show

BIO-MANIPULATION Array 19pts : Panacea can perform one of the following effects per Turn as a Standard Action:
    • ACCELERATED HEALING: Touching a character, Panacea
    starting with the subject’s least severe condition, and working towards the most severe. (Healing Rank 8, 16pts)
    • ADRENAL SURGE: Panacea gains a +12 bonus to her Athletics and Acrobatics
    Checks and gains a Land Speed of 500m a round. The bonus is reduced by 1 and the increased speed down to the next rank at the end of each of her
    Turns until it is gone. (Enhanced Skill Rank 12, Activation, Fading Link Speed 6, Activation, Fading 5pts)
    every minute to eliminate the Incapacitated Condition. (Affliction Rank 8 Ranged 16pts)
    • DRAIN THEIR FIGHTING SPIRIT: Roll a Ranged Attack Check against a target. On a
    hit, they are required to succeed on a DC 18 Will Resistance Check
    if they fail, reduce their fighting stat by 1/2 the difference between 18 and their result, min 1, max 8 (Weaken Rank 8, Ranged, 16pts)
    BIOELECTRIC REJUVENATION: If Panacea is killed she will return to life after 1 day, unless trapped in a Faraday cage or otherwise has her electromagnetic signature isolated from other living things (Immortality Rank 5, Limited 5 pts)
    NEAR-INVULNERABILITY: If Panacea gets two or more Degrees of Success on a Damage
    Resistance Check, she takes no Damage Conditions from it, unless it is an Electricity or Lightning effect, in which case she takes the normal Bruise or Injury. (Limited, 6pts)
    BIO PATHOLOGY: Running a current through her own body at all times, Panacea is tougher than she looks Protection 1 (Permanent 2pts)
    ENHANCED IMMUNE SYSTEM: Panacea is immune to diseases,
    toxins, and alteration effects and can survive twice as long as normal without food
    or water.(Immunity Rank 9 Limited to Half Effect 2, 8pts)
    FAST HEALING: Panacea automatically Recovers 1 damage condition at the start of each of her turns, though a damage condition caused by a lightning or electric effect takes 2 turns to lift (Regeneration Rank 10, Limited 5 8pts)
    LIFE-SENSE: Panacea can sense living beings nearby with a DC
    10 Perception Check. The DC increases by +1 per 3 meters distance. She can also sense their overall health and any Damage
    Conditions they have with two or more Degrees of Success on
    the Perception Check. (Senses Detect Extended Analytical Acute Rank 5 5pts)

DEFENSIVE ATTACK: When making an attack, Panacea can
    take up to a –5 penalty on Attack Checks to gain an equal
    bonus to Dodge and Parry. The changes last until the start
    of her next turn.
    DEFENSIVE ROLL: As a Free Action for each Turn, Panacea can
    give herself a +3 Bonus on Toughness Checks to resist
    Damage.
    IMPROVED TRIP: When Panacea makes a TRIP attack (see
    page 12) she has no Penalty to the Attack Check, and her
    opponent does not get an opportunity to Trip her.
    INSTANT UP: Panacea can perform the STAND Action (see page
    12) without an Acrobatics Check or becoming Hindered
    AGILE FEINT: You can use your Acrobatics bonus or movement speed
    rank in place of Deception to feint and trick in combat as if
    your skill bonus or speed rank were your Deception bonus
    (see the Deception skill description). Your opponent opposes the attempt with Acrobatics or Insight (whichever
    is better)
    ALL-OUT ATTACK hen you make an all-out attack (see Maneuvers, page
    197) you can take a penalty of up to –5 on your active defenses (Dodge and Parry) and add the same number (up
    to +5) to your attack bonus.
    POWER ATTACK When you make a power attack (see Maneuvers, page
    198) you can take a penalty of up to –5 on your attack
    bonus and add the same number (up to +5) to the effect
    bonus of your attack
    MOVE-BY ACTION When taking a standard action and a move action you can
    move both before and after your standard action, provided the total distance moved isn’t greater than your normal
    movement speed
    Last edited by Benoojian; 2024-02-11 at 01:01 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Changing her name to Bioshock

The +14 was a typo, it is actually +12 and Damage 4, though I did have Protection 4 and defensive roll which did break PL, whoops. Gonna redirect 6 points and reduce Proc to 1. Added immunity to alteration effects, her electric field interferes with anyone trying to shapeshift her and 2 more ranks in persuasion.

Reposting the entire power section and advantage section since more is cut off when you view in google

Spoiler: Bioshock powers and advantages
    Show

BIO-MANIPULATION Array 19pts : Panacea can perform one of the following effects per Turn as a Standard Action:
    • ACCELERATED HEALING: Touching a character, Panacea
    starting with the subject’s least severe condition, and working towards the most severe. (Healing Rank 8, 16pts)
    • ADRENAL SURGE: Panacea gains a +12 bonus to her Athletics and Acrobatics
    Checks and gains a Land Speed of 500m a round. The bonus is reduced by 1 and the increased speed down to the next rank at the end of each of her

Turns until it is gone. (Enhanced Skill Rank 12, Activation, Fading Link Speed 6, Activation, Fading 5pts)
    every minute to eliminate the Incapacitated Condition. (Affliction Rank 8 Ranged 16pts)
    • DRAIN THEIR FIGHTING SPIRIT: Roll a Ranged Attack Check against a target. On a
    hit, they are required to succeed on a DC 18 Will Resistance Check
    if they fail, reduce their fighting stat by 1/2 the difference between 18 and their result, min 1, max 8 (Weaken Rank 8, Ranged, 16pts)
    BIOELECTRIC REJUVENATION: If Panacea is killed she will return to life after 1 day, unless trapped in a Faraday cage or otherwise has her electromagnetic signature isolated from other living things (Immortality Rank 5, Limited 5 pts)
    NEAR-INVULNERABILITY: If Panacea gets two or more Degrees of Success on a Damage
    Resistance Check, she takes no Damage Conditions from it, unless it is an Electricity or Lightning effect, in which case she takes the normal Bruise or Injury. (Limited, 6pts)
    BIO PATHOLOGY: Running a current through her own body at all times, Panacea is tougher than she looks Protection 1 (Permanent 2pts)
    ENHANCED IMMUNE SYSTEM: Panacea is immune to diseases,
    toxins, and alteration effects and can survive twice as long as normal without food
    or water.(Immunity Rank 9 Limited to Half Effect 2, 8pts)
    FAST HEALING: Panacea automatically Recovers 1 damage condition at the start of each of her turns, though a damage condition caused by a lightning or electric effect takes 2 turns to lift (Regeneration Rank 10, Limited 5 8pts)
    LIFE-SENSE: Panacea can sense living beings nearby with a DC
    10 Perception Check. The DC increases by +1 per 3 meters distance. She can also sense their overall health and any Damage
    Conditions they have with two or more Degrees of Success on
    the Perception Check. (Senses Detect Extended Analytical Acute Rank 5 5pts)

DEFENSIVE ATTACK: When making an attack, Panacea can
    take up to a –5 penalty on Attack Checks to gain an equal
    bonus to Dodge and Parry. The changes last until the start
    of her next turn.
    DEFENSIVE ROLL: As a Free Action for each Turn, Panacea can
    give herself a +3 Bonus on Toughness Checks to resist
    Damage.
    IMPROVED TRIP: When Panacea makes a TRIP attack (see
    page 12) she has no Penalty to the Attack Check, and her
    opponent does not get an opportunity to Trip her.
    INSTANT UP: Panacea can perform the STAND Action (see page
    12) without an Acrobatics Check or becoming Hindered
    AGILE FEINT: You can use your Acrobatics bonus or movement speed
    rank in place of Deception to feint and trick in combat as if
    your skill bonus or speed rank were your Deception bonus
    (see the Deception skill description). Your opponent opposes the attempt with Acrobatics or Insight (whichever
    is better)
    ALL-OUT ATTACK hen you make an all-out attack (see Maneuvers, page
    197) you can take a penalty of up to –5 on your active defenses (Dodge and Parry) and add the same number (up
    to +5) to your attack bonus.
    POWER ATTACK When you make a power attack (see Maneuvers, page
    198) you can take a penalty of up to –5 on your attack
    bonus and add the same number (up to +5) to the effect
    bonus of your attack
    MOVE-BY ACTION When taking a standard action and a move action you can
    move both before and after your standard action, provided the total distance moved isn’t greater than your normal
    movement speed
    The changes are fine by me

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    I've made a bunch of edits:

Spoiler: Magic Girl Jenova
    Show

Concept: An Abomination pretending to be a Nerd, pretending to be a Magic Girl.
    Civilian Name: Jackson Cottonfield
    Legal Status: American Citizen with no Criminal Record
    Hero Name: Shining Azure Sparkling Star Magic Girl Jenova (or more commonly just Jenova)
    Gender: Jackson is physically male. Magic Girl Jenova is physically female.
    Height: 1.8m / 5'9"
    Weight: 64 kg / 141 lb

Spoiler: Fluff
    Show

Backstory:
    It's a story as old as man's greed. A cabal of neophyte mages stumble upon a tome of ancient magic. It described a ritual which would call an eldritch Abomination from the far realms, and petition it for a wish, in exchange for a fortune's worth of arcane reagents... and a sacrificed soul.

The cabal decided they would rather like a wish, and run off to acquire the requisite human sacrifice. After some consideration, they grabbed a helpless schmuck which nobody would notice was missing: Jackson Cottonfield, ultra-nerdish comics and games shop clerk, and the biggest social outcast within a million miles.

-"Mai Waifu is Best Girl."

Thus, the poor fool was kidnapped, marinated in expensive arcane reagents for a week, and then stabbed atop an eldritch altar. In his dying moments, Jackson saw a portal open, and an Eldritch Abomination from the far realms crawled through.

However there was a complication: If something seems too good to be true, it usually is. The cabal had failed to read the fine print, and the reason why such a powerful ritual was rarely used, even by the most evil of mages, was because it granted the wish of the Sacrifice. And the nature of the ritual prevented any form of mind control from subverting the process.

Thus, Jackson found his spirit speaking with the Abomination. "State your wish human, and if it pleases me, I shall grant it. But after that, I will immediately consume your soul. Of course, you may not make any wish that would deny me possession of your soul."

Jackson, having spent the past week marinating in arcane reagents, had a lot of time to ponder about what wish he would make, if given the chance. "I wish to fuse our souls together, yours and mine as one."

The Abomination considered the request. "If we are fused, then I technically retain ownership of your soul. Thus, this wish is permissible. And it would anchor me to this plane of existence, allowing me to remain here indefinitely. Very well. But be warned, while your soul will survive the process, your mind might not."

"Er... wait, how about if I wish for..."

"It is too late human. The wish is made, and I have accepted. Prepare yourself for eternity."

Of course, the cabal had no idea what was supposed to happen, let alone what was currently going on. They assumed that the Abomination burrowing into Jackson's corpse, meant that the sacrifice was acceptable to the monster, or something.

Thus, when the Abomination-fused Jackson shattered its bindings and stood up from the altar, they believed everything was going according to plan, and started to petition the creature for the wish they sought.

What they got instead was a swift thrashing, and a mind wipe ritual.

In the days that followed, Jackson seemingly resumed normal life. But once night approaches, and darkness covers the city. The Abomination assumes the form of Jackson's idealized heroine, becoming Magic Girl Jenova!

Complications
    Motivation-Fame: Now that he has the powers he's always dreamed about, Jackson has decided the best way to use them is to amass fame, riches, and glory.

Motivation-Acceptance: Jenova on the other hand, seeks to gain allies in her new home, to help watch her back. And the best way to do so was to fight crime as a bombshell Magic Girl with an overly long name. (This might not seem terribly logical, but keep in mind Jenova's entire knowledge of Earth comes from ultra-nerd Jackson.)

Secret Identity: Magic Girl Jenova is secretly Jackson Cottonfield.

Responsibility-Job: Jackson is (still) a store clerk at the Comics & Games shop.

Relationship-Family: Jackson lives in the basement of the Cottonfield family home.

Appearance
    Jackson is a typical scrawny nerd, of average height, with short black hair and brown eyes. His most prominent feature is a comically large pair of glasses (which is only there for show, now that his eyesight is perfect).

Jenova appears as a tall, slim woman, of the same height as Jackson (which is taller-than-average for women). Unlike Jackson, she has flowing silver hair and burning gold eyes. Although she technically does not need a mask, she wears one anyway. As Jackson's idealized heroine, Jenova is an astounding beauty.

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show

Summary
    Initiative +0
    Unarmed: Close +8, Damage +8
    Eldritch Bolt: Range +10, Damage +6
    Psychic Lash: Area, Will +8
    Toughness 8
    Dodge 8
    Parry 8
    Fortitude 8
    Will 8

Abilities (32 PP)
    Code:
    Strength   0 (+8)
    Stamina    8
    Agility    0
    Dexterity  0
    Fighting   0
    Intellect  2
    Awareness  6
    Presence   0
    Total      16
    Abomination Biology (42 PP)
    (All powers below have the [Biology] descriptor)

Soul-Fused (1 PP)
    *Feature: As a fusion of 2 Souls, Jenova counts as both a human of earth and an Abomination from beyond, depending on which is more advantageous to her. For example, as a native human, she cannot be banished from the Earth dimension, and cannot be contained in a magic circle for outsiders. As an Abomination, she will not be affected by powers which specifically target humans only.

Abomination Flight (3 PP)
    *Descriptor: Glowing Aurora
    *1 rank @ 2 PP per rank (30 ft/move, 4 MPH)
    *Flat Extra: Aquatic

Malleable Flesh (8 PP)

Base: Jackson Cottonfield (6 PP + 2 AE)
    *This is Jenova's civilian disguise
    *Morph: 1 rank @ 6 PP per rank (Continuous Duration) One Form: Jackson Cottonfield

AE: Inertial Booster (6 PP)
    *Enhanced Flight: 3 ranks @ 2 PP per rank (total 4 ranks, 250ft/move, 30MPH)

AE: Amorphous Physiology (6 PP)
    *Insubstantial: 1 rank @ 5 PP per rank (Fluid)
    + *Flat Extras: Selective

Immunity (5 PP)
    *2 Suffocation
    *1 Poison
    *1 Disease
    *1 Aging

Blindsight-Biological Radar (3 PP)
    *Accurate (2) Radio (1, Ranged Radius Acute)

Abomination Powers (22 PP)
    Base: Eldritch Might (21 PP + 1 AE)
    *Enhanced Strength: 8 ranks @ 2 PP per rank
    *Flat Extras: Accurate-Unarmed (x4)
    *Feature: Improvised Weapon (x1, as per the advantage)

AE: Biological Mana (21 PP)
    *Feature (x21): Abominations naturally generate mana. Can be used to power anything that requires mana, including Spell Like Abilities in the Magic Powers section.

Magic Powers (9 PP)
    (All powers below have the [Magic] descriptor)

Detect Magic (4 PP)
    *Ranged, Acute, Analytical, Detect Magic

Spell Like Abilities (5 PP)
    These powers are additional AEs off the Abomination Powers array.

Eldritch Bolt (21 PP)
    *Blast: 6 ranks @ 2 PP per rank
    *Flat Extra: Accurate (x5), Affects Insubstantial (x2), Incurable, Precise (Partial Cover)

These next 4 powers may be swapped for something else depending on who else gets in. E.g. if a dedicated Healer gets in, I will swap Healing for something else:

Shared Invisibility/Teleport (21 PP)
    12 PP*Concealment: 5 ranks @ 2 PP per rank
    * *All Vision (4), Normal Hearing (1)
    * *Extras: Affects Others
    * *Flaws: Passive
    * *Flat Extra: Progression (x1) Affect 2 others by touch
    * *Feature: Targets can still see and hear one another, but not creatures using concealment from other sources (to prevent this from happening)
    2 PP*Conceal Flight: Flat Extras Applied to Flight - Subtle (x2)
    7 PP*Teleport: 1 ranks @ 5 PP per rank (Extended Distance Rank 9 - 2 miles)
    * *Extras: Accurate, Affects Others, Extended Only, Easy
    * *Flat Extra: Subtle (x2)

AE: Healing (21 PP)
    *Healing: 8 ranks @ 2 PP per rank
    *Flat Extra: Persistent, Stabilize, Restorative (x3)

AE: Time Stop (21 PP)
    *Boost Flight: 5 ranks @ 2 PP per rank
    *Quickness: 7 ranks @ 1 PP per rank
    *Utility Strength (Limit-Does not apply to damage): 3 ranks @ 1 PP per rank
    *Feature-Quick Pick Up: Pick up and put down unattended objects and willing/unconscious creatures as free actions

AE: Psychic Lash (21 PP)
    *Close Range Affliction: 8 ranks @ 2 PP per rank
    *Will Save vs 1. Impaired, 2. Compelled, 3. Controlled
    *Extras: Area 30 ft Shapeable
    *Flat Extras: Reversible, Subtle x2, Insidious
    *Feature-Showy Display: May optionally include a display of a spectral tentacle reaching out to the targets.

Advantages (9 PP)
    *Attractive (x2)
    *Skill Mastery: Expertise-Magic
    *Ritualist
    *Power Attack
    *Die Hard
    *Prone Fighting
    *Takedown Attack (x1)
    *Jack of All Trades

Skills (10 PP / 20 SP)
    *Expertise Magic 16 (+2 Intellect = 18)
    *Investigate 4 (+2 Intellect = 6)
    *Perception 0 (+6 Awareness = 6)
    *Insight 0 (+6 Awareness = 6)

Defences (18 PP)
    *8 Dodge (+0 Agility = 8)
    *8 Parry (+0 Fighting = 8)
    *0 Fortitude (+8 Stamina = 8)
    *2 Will (+6 Awareness = 8)

Total: 32 Abilities + 42 Abomination Biology + 9 Magic Powers + 9 Advantages + 10 Skills + 18 Defences = 120

Are you converting MG to 3e? Where do you want to go with MG Jenova? Cool name!

I added the completed apps to the OP.
    Last edited by SwordCoastTaxi; 2024-02-11 at 05:06 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Are you converting MG to 3e?
    Jenova is 3E. Although not 3.2E Valiant, since her healing is based on the d20herosrd version.

The current post is only 120PP/PL8. I'm still mulling about what to do with her excess points.

Where do you want to go with MG Jenova?
    Mechanics wise, Mages are among the most versatile build possible since Magic can do virtually anything. Hence she will aim to provide whatever the party doesn't have. E.g. Mind Control if there is no Psychic, Quickness if there is no Speedster, etc. The current post has Healing, but I will swap it if Panacea BioShock gets in.

Plot wise, since this is a one-shot, I don't foresee any long term character developments. But if there were, Jackson Cottonfield would likely be trying to crawl his way up the social ladder.

Cool name!
    Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground

Is it too late to make a character?
    The Time for Honoring yourself will soon be at an END.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by angelpalm View Post
    Is it too late to make a character?
    The application deadline was extended until the 17th, so that should be fine (although the GM obviously has the final say). If you do, note that the amount of PP was increased to 150.