New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Illusion Damage cantrip

It seems a shame that there is only a single Illusion cantrip so I thought I would make one.

Misdirect
    Illusion Cantrip
    Casting Time:1 Action
    Range: 30 Feet
    Components: S
    Duration: 1 Round

You plant an illusion in a targets mind that an area or creature is safe. The target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or be convinced that they are safe from attack. The next time the target is attacked before the start of your next turn attacks rolls against them have an increased crit range. (An attack that normally critically strikes on a 20 will also critically strike on a 19). Hit or miss the target takes 1d4 psychic damage as its reality snaps back.

This spell's damage increases by 1d4 when you reach 5th level (2d4), 11th level (3d4), and 17th level (4d4)

``
    Thoughts? Balance?
    Thanks
    You surrender after you're dead. Lan Mandragoran

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Default Re: Illusion Damage cantrip

Does this stack with other crit-enhancing features? Could use some more clarification. And if it does stack, beware of crit-fishing builds like Champion Fighter 3/Paladin X with Elven Accuracy and a rapier.

Aside from that, it could also use higher damage. Given that it targets Wisdom saving throws, which are generally very high, and relies on having an ally attack the enemy and not missing, 1d4 is a bit weak.

I really like the concept, though. 5e needs some more creative damaging cantrips.

"Disintegrate! Gust of Wind. Now can we PLEASE resume saving the world?"