New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default (3.5e/+) End of Fate {CLOSED TO NEW INTEREST}

Welcome to my campaign. The setting is fairly simple. The Heroes of the world fell fighting the Demon Lord Az'goraz. Letting him complete his ritual summoning the Demon God bringing chaos across the land the veil between worlds weakened making demons and devil's roam. As cities and towns fall on a semi daily basis. Traveling at night proves the most dangerous as the veil is at its weakest.

Roughly 50 years have gone by, the only thing keeping the world from completely falling the people's faith and a rare event granting the survivors strength greater than the people before.

Very rough summary. Just getting some of the bones out there. Game is more like a hardcore dnd survival world with added homebrew bonuses like random perks that can make an interesting change. I like giving my players loads of freedom to do whatever they want to as well. Granted that doesn't mean getting +27 La bonuses or templates. I meant more RP stuff

Spoiler: Big 16
    Show

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

Mostly 3.5 but I dont mind meshing some pathfinder in there as there pretty close imo just need to tweak some things to make it fit. Just run it by me and we can check to see if it works.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Classic dnd world type except the world is basically on the brink of ending. Cities can fall on a daily basis everyone is living in fear or given up on hope.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

4-6 ideally

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

Play by post on here

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

The world is intense your starting level is 4 but that is still high commoner level

Lastly if you want the perk before character creation its 1 choice. But if you wait until after you can pick from three choices. I like the random aspect to it. If you choose for one before just tell me roughly what you want it to be then ill roll in that chart.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

3000g no full plates at the start please lol your gonna need the movement speed and the -8 armor check penalty might be a tad lethal in this campaign setting as running from fights is a valid and highly encouraged suggestions.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

I recommend something with a little extra hp. But all base dnd classes are fine. Anything out of that just let me know and source. It's been a few years since I've ran dnd so would help me find it. Homebrew classes have like a 5% chance of passing

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

Same as the class one

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

Max hp first level roll afterwords or take average whichever is higher.

stats generated by 1d10+8 this always is nice. Also you get 2 rerolls in total. But if you reroll lower you gotta take it. Also you have to state which number you are rerolling and put a 1 or 2 in front of the reroll number just as a statement (1) (reroll) (2) (reroll)

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Just no evil in the way of supporting the demons and the end of the world other than that its okay.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

You can just dont go crazy like 4 classes. One or two and maybe a prestige one in the future

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

Ill roll private rolls if you don't state some ill roll passive perception. Also I prefer when we get to the campaign roll all your rolls in OOC then make your IC post as this can both keep IC cleaner of rolls but also make RP nicer if you botch a swing you can narrate it. Just makes it flow better imo

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Just the perk I've mentioned above. Its kinda like a quirk it can level up as well and grow stronger not everyone has them but that's the main homebrew I am adding. If you state roughly where you want it to go you get 2 choices. If it's before character creation 1 choice if after and you don't state 3 choices. You don't get to have more than one but more can potentially be acquired in the game

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

Yes if no background generally I won't pick the character. I like getting a feeling for them. I don't mind reading as well so go wild. Starting town is called Gladlun less than a thousand people in it most people generally die before middle age though. It has a stone wall around it. Tbh all villages or towns have a wall if there isn't a wall chance of them living to next month is about 5% Any questions you need or want about the world let me know. Lastly the only reason why all the towns are gone is due to a totem pole. Everyone prays to it and if you die defending the village your spirit feeds it protecting the town. Kinda like what Vahalla is supposed to be but its mostly a monster repellent not warriors coming to fight

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

more hack and slash and rp then puzzles

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

Not really just run it by me and ask if you don't and I see it after I might not approve it mainly for the fact it might have not been approved beforehand

Feel free to ask questions and checkup. If i mistyped something or worded it wrong Lemme know. Was writing this while being harassed by kids lol
    Last edited by Forsaken; 2024-02-13 at 06:15 PM.
    Spoiler: Avatar’s picture
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: (3.5e/+) End of Fate

Questions: First of all, do you have some examples of perks? You're vague enough that I can genuinely not tell at all what they would even be.

Since gold is at least a little bit low compared to what would normally be expected for a level 4 character, should we assume that low magic will be the norm, or will we 'catch up'? Normally gold for a level 4 would be 5,400. Does the 3,000 gold include magic items? Or are you assuming mostly mundane gear?

Are psionics allowed? Or artificers? What about templates with level adjustment? Are there any non demon god deities still acting in the world to try to counter the influence of the Demon God? If not, what happened to them? And does that also mean no clerics?

Can you tell us more about the town with the wall and totem? How does it work? What would be the things attacking the town? If the totem isn't 'fed', does it wear out? Does this result in people wanting to sacrifice to the totem as protection? Is there any travel between towns/cities? What kinds of things are out there to prevent traveling that a stone wall will stop?

Is there a general population distribution in the town of Gladlun? i.e. with less than a thousand people, it's kind of hard for there to be TOO large of a variety of races due to requirements as far as breeding, and since at least some of the civilization has lasted fifty years, that implies another generation or two, ESPECIALLY considering that people don't seem to last beyond middle age.

...I think that's everything I can think of for now.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aracor View Post
    Questions: First of all, do you have some examples of perks? You're vague enough that I can genuinely not tell at all what they would even be.

Since gold is at least a little bit low compared to what would normally be expected for a level 4 character, should we assume that low magic will be the norm, or will we 'catch up'? Normally gold for a level 4 would be 5,400. Does the 3,000 gold include magic items? Or are you assuming mostly mundane gear?

Are psionics allowed? Or artificers? What about templates with level adjustment? Are there any non demon god deities still acting in the world to try to counter the influence of the Demon God? If not, what happened to them? And does that also mean no clerics?

Can you tell us more about the town with the wall and totem? How does it work? What would be the things attacking the town? If the totem isn't 'fed', does it wear out? Does this result in people wanting to sacrifice to the totem as protection? Is there any travel between towns/cities? What kinds of things are out there to prevent traveling that a stone wall will stop?

Is there a general population distribution in the town of Gladlun? i.e. with less than a thousand people, it's kind of hard for there to be TOO large of a variety of races due to requirements as far as breeding, and since at least some of the civilization has lasted fifty years, that implies another generation or two, ESPECIALLY considering that people don't seem to last beyond middle age.

...I think that's everything I can think of for now.
    Ah sorry I gotcha lol

First of all, do you have some examples of perks? You're vague enough that I can genuinely not tell at all what they would even be.

Random example: [Pig] (Lvl 1) You embodied the spirit of the swine. Your able to digest mostly anything for the sake of keeping yourself going. Encouraging a more hardy nature. +4 Con, +2 Nat armor, +1 DR +4 Survival and + Track trait. (You also don't need to eat traditional food but need to consume more to keep going.

1/8hr [Supreme Charge] Run in 60 ft line anyone in it takes 2d6+str mod.

This is honestly a lower trait more for npcs. Pcs generally get higher ones with more supernatural abilities. Could get regen, skin with adamantine hardness, or even more mental abilities. Loads of options. Its basically like adding a template to your character that can grow and get more powerful. I like the more random aspect as to let you figure out your own little perks and such.

Magical gear would probably be a little higher than normal games. The lower funds are mainly due to you actually being commoners. Not warriors yet. People can randomly awaken their perks and get drafted. Most people have to know some basics on how to fight just to plan survive. Due to that is why the funds are a tad low. But you will catch up fairly quickly in currency no worries there.

Ah psionics are hit and miss some people fail them hard. But I love some soul knife action. Artificers are evil lol. I've had a lot of people easily run away with that class so prefer to avoid them. The templates and la were mainly to say that you can't throw them onto your characters. I've had people think a +8 la was no problem when I said I give my pcs loads of freedom so just was clarifying. As for the non-demon gods and such yep there still around but heavily suppressed biding time for a comeback but might not be possible as the way things are going. People do still believe in them. It's more like you're in the first circle of hell and the gods reach are heavily held back due to the overwhelming difference in control of the world. Clerics are still around and are playable.

Gotcha gotcha. So basically, all towns and anything with a population that want to survive needs to have walls. As when night approaches that's when demons, ghouls, ghosts appear and roam. Without walls let's. just say some ghosts could potentially bewitch people to walk out of town and never be seen from again. Walls save lives lol. As for the totem it's more like a symbol of hope. Like a cleric cross but on a different scale. Say your grandfather passed away. The town gives them a flame burial as to make sure they don't come back from the dead. Then your grandfather soul strengthens the totem with his hope and desire to protect you and his family. it's not dark occult arts more like a sliver of his soul to protect. As everyone passes on more and more slivers combine making a dampening effect on demons and baddies making attacking cities hard as you guys get inspired, and they get weaker. I hope I explained that right? Traveling to and from cities is extremely dangerous. If you don't make it in a day chances of you making it at all are slim, unless you hide well and maybe have certain trinkets, we will discuss about in game.

You are very right. Mostly human for this settlement at about 75% but people do get arranged marriages as some people want to marry into bigger cities or combine households. Some do get married into neighboring vilages as well. The life expectancy increases in places with better totems.

Hope that answers all your questions? If not feel free to shoot me another message and I'll try clarifying again as much as I am able to
    Last edited by Forsaken; 2024-02-09 at 11:17 PM.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Hello! I'm tentatively interested in this game! A couple of questions for you:

1) Are Flaws (and to a lesser extent Traits) on the table, and if so how many?

2) What's the magic level like? What I'm really asking is if I play a martial character (or one built for fluff over power) is the character going to be useless?

3) I like to plan out a whole build up front - what's the anticipated level range?

4) Is Dragon Magazine content on the table, or are we building by Iron Chef rules?

Thanks!
    Last edited by RaiKirah; 2024-02-10 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Avoiding post spam by adding 4th list item

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

Might be interested. We’ll see if inspiration strikes.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, tentatively interested as well. I've got some ideas here, including one that might be a bit out there and requires the perk to work. I'd like to play as an aranae if possible, but entering lvl 4 with all of 2 HD seems like a bad idea after you warning about HD. As my perk, could I get some or all of the LA excused? We could say that the spider transformation option is caused by awakening to the perk.

As for classes, are you okay with tome of battle stuff? I could just stick with sorcerer for the aranae, but I think going shadow blade into jade phoenix master would be fun as well.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Stat rolls...

(1d10+8)[14]
    (1d10+8)[10]
    (1d10+8)[14]
    (1d10+8)[14]
    (1d10+8)[14]
    (1d10+8)[9]

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Rerolling 10 and 9.

(1) (1d10+8)[12]
    (2) (1d10+8)[17]

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RaiKirah View Post
    Hello! I'm tentatively interested in this game! A couple of questions for you:

1) Are Flaws (and to a lesser extent Traits) on the table, and if so how many?

2) What's the magic level like? What I'm really asking is if I play a martial character (or one built for fluff over power) is the character going to be useless?

3) I like to plan out a whole build up front - what's the anticipated level range?

4) Is Dragon Magazine content on the table, or are we building by Iron Chef rules?

Thanks!
    1I always forget about mentioning flaws and traits lol. 2 traits 1 flaw is generally what I go for. But I have to ban shaky (im known myself for using it not really a flaw just a freebie XD)

2Um unsure what ya mean. Magic vs enemies? or Enemy magic vs players? Also depends on your fluff. I can say right now as a freebie that mind warping and illusions are known to be used a bit.

3If you mean like getting your perk up front just tell me what ya looking at it seems most people would like to know there's up front which is totally fine. I just always liked the unknown :3 Level range ideally is just straight up 4 due to wanting people not to get killed to quickly. Perks kinda give a tad advantage on that regard.

4 Been awhile since I've played, I remembered I've used them before but can't quite recall. If you pass me a link or tell me what you're looking at could help. Some stuff is always finicky so would always prefer to set my eyes on it in case.

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    Hey, tentatively interested as well. I've got some ideas here, including one that might be a bit out there and requires the perk to work. I'd like to play as an aranae if possible, but entering lvl 4 with all of 2 HD seems like a bad idea after you warning about HD. As my perk, could I get some or all of the LA excused? We could say that the spider transformation option is caused by awakening to the perk.

As for classes, are you okay with tome of battle stuff? I could just stick with sorcerer for the aranae, but I think going shadow blade into jade phoenix master would be fun as well.
    Oooh what's the idea? With la i recommend not going to into it as the perk will eventually pass the nat la. But we can always talk about it. All the perks are homebrewed so tweaking it isn't that big of an ask. Its more extra flavor on your character. Just let me know what you're thinking on and we can play around no need for hesitancy. I like knocking out all the bones, but I also love making unique builds. Personally, I have a habit of making wonky characters but they are fun to play.

Tome of battle gave martial people a chance to compete with them boys twirling their sticks so its always good with me lol. I personally like warblade myself

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Rerolling 10 and 9.

(1) [roll0]
    (2) [roll1]
    Thats what im talking about. +12 in total so tasty lol. Love that rolling system
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken View Post
    Oooh what's the idea? With la i recommend not going to into it as the perk will eventually pass the nat la. But we can always talk about it. All the perks are homebrewed so tweaking it isn't that big of an ask. Its more extra flavor on your character. Just let me know what you're thinking on and we can play around no need for hesitancy. I like knocking out all the bones, but I also love making unique builds. Personally, I have a habit of making wonky characters but they are fun to play.

Tome of battle gave martial people a chance to compete with them boys twirling their sticks so its always good with me lol. I personally like warblade myself
    The idea is mostly that I want to play someone that's a spider a significant chunk of the time XD (but not always as that causes problems with talking to people in town a lot). I asked about Aranae in particular because it's one of the more playable packages in the game that has what I want (able tow swap between humanoid and spider form, spider abilities like poison, webs and climbing speed in spider form, some interesting progression options). It is held back a bit by a lot of LA, which was why I asked about tying it into the boon. If you're saying 'hey, just make a normal humanoid character, and I'll make a spider-form boon for you' that's completely fine as well.

might as well get my rolls in for stats:
    (1d10+8)[9]
    (1d10+8)[15]
    (1d10+8)[13]
    (1d10+8)[10]
    (1d10+8)[9]
    (1d10+8)[12]

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

rerolling both 9's.
    (1)(1d10+8)[13]
    (2)(1d10+8)[17]

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

The idea is mostly that I want to play someone that's a spider a significant chunk of the time XD (but not always as that causes problems with talking to people in town a lot). I asked about Aranae in particular because it's one of the more playable packages in the game that has what I want (able tow swap between humanoid and spider form, spider abilities like poison, webs and climbing speed in spider form, some interesting progression options). It is held back a bit by a lot of LA, which was why I asked about tying it into the boon. If you're saying 'hey, just make a normal humanoid character, and I'll make a spider-form boon for you' that's completely fine as well.

might as well get my rolls in for stats:
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    Have a specific link to either a template or a monster manual? The perks in my homebrew system have a good chunk of transformative abilities mind you normally they do have a cooldown period. But as they level up the cooldown period gets less and less as the powers grow.

Also already have some ideas related it to this lol. But waiting for specific link and also which parts you want the most. Venom like poison? Or like paralyze? Or constipation? Crippling loneliness? Loads of options lol. Also are we talking you shrink down to spider or do transformation to normal sized spider? Partly transformations like just eyes or fangs? Spider legs out the back of the character to assist climbing and multi attacks? Top half female bottom half spider? Top half spider while dragging bottom half human? lol lots of options :3
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

2Um unsure what ya mean. Magic vs enemies? or Enemy magic vs players? Also depends on your fluff. I can say right now as a freebie that mind warping and illusions are known to be used a bit.

3If you mean like getting your perk up front just tell me what ya looking at it seems most people would like to know there's up front which is totally fine. I just always liked the unknown :3 Level range ideally is just straight up 4 due to wanting people not to get killed to quickly. Perks kinda give a tad advantage on that regard.

4Been awhile since I've played, I remembered I've used them before but can't quite recall. If you pass me a link or tell me what you're looking at could help. Some stuff is always finicky so would always prefer to set my eyes on it in case.
    Hey, thanks for the responses, some more clarification of my questions:

2) I mean the magic level of the setting with respect to the class Tier list. If I'm not playing a Tier 1 or 2 Caster is the character going to be underpowered. If I'm playing a Barbarian that's not going into Frenzied Berserker or Bear Warrior would that be an appropriate build for the game you're planning to run?

3) I'm wondering what level we're expecting to get to? Are we going all the way to ECL20, or stopping at ECL12, or something else.

4) At the moment I'm curious about the City Brawler Barbarian ACF from Dragon#349 pg92, and the Beast Strike feat from Dragon #355.

Thanks!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Rolling stats...

(1d10+8)[13]
    (1d10+8)[12]
    (1d10+8)[16]
    (1d10+8)[14]
    (1d10+8)[18]
    (1d10+8)[11]

EDIT: Thinking of making an illusionist or spellcaster specializing in homemaking. Rarely seen illusions in play.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-02-10 at 08:12 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

The aranae is in the SRD: https://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/aranea.htm (and also has a monster class in the savage species book iirc). The aranae has full (medium-sized) spider form, an in-between form and a humanoid form. Poison does strength damage, but some other form of status condition like paralyze or different kind of stat damage is fine too. If you have a drider (top half human, bottom half human) or arachne (full spider with additional human top half above the spider head)-shaped form in mind I can definitely work with that as well.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RaiKirah View Post
    Hey, thanks for the responses, some more clarification of my questions:

2) I mean the magic level of the setting with respect to the class Tier list. If I'm not playing a Tier 1 or 2 Caster is the character going to be underpowered. If I'm playing a Barbarian that's not going into Frenzied Berserker or Bear Warrior would that be an appropriate build for the game you're planning to run?

3) I'm wondering what level we're expecting to get to? Are we going all the way to ECL20, or stopping at ECL12, or something else.

4) At the moment I'm curious about the City Brawler Barbarian ACF from Dragon#349 pg92, and the Beast Strike feat from Dragon #355.

Thanks!
    Gotcha gotcha

2) You probably would do actually better being a barbarian in this setting. I have a soft spot for warriors so no underpowering should happen feel free to play what your heart desires. Good thing with the perk system you should be able to live more in your roleplay fantasy mode and enjoy it more than trying to min max everything.

3) As for level I'm honestly unsure right now. It really depends on you guys. If you want to try and save the world and beat up the demon gods, it can get pretty high leveled. Or if you want to build a city and survive different levels. I like giving my players freedom. My last game I gave them 5 different plot hooks they could explore and they kept going different ways was interesting: p

4) as for the city brawler barb is there a solid link you can send me so I can view it more in depth? I'm pretty sure it will be fine. But what I was reading out might have some redundancies that we can patch but maybe the already did? Don't know haven't see the link yet lol (tbh going unarmed might work better in some cases too lol)

I try answering any questions asked even if it raises more

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Rolling stats...

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

EDIT: Thinking of making an illusionist or spellcaster specializing in homemaking. Rarely seen illusions in play.
    Whatcha mean in homemaking? lol my brain keeps thinking of the character being a lazy maid that uses illusions as to make it look like they're doing their job but in all honesty they're just magically sweeping it under the rug xD

Also if you are an illusionary it could actually be greatly helping in this case

Lastly if you wanna try your luck you still got two rerolls buhahaha

The aranae is in the SRD: https://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/aranea.htm (and also has a monster class in the savage species book iirc). The aranae has full (medium-sized) spider form, an in-between form and a humanoid form. Poison does strength damage, but some other form of status condition like paralyze or different kind of stat damage is fine too. If you have a drider (top half human, bottom half human) or arachne (full spider with additional human top half above the spider head)-shaped form in mind I can definitely work with that as well.
    I see I see

What I was trying to ask was did you want it to be more of a transformation like perk so you can have a race on top of it with skipping the la? sure it might not be the same but when we get a set idea ill hammer out the perk and then we can see if you like it?

The other stuff was more letting you have more customization in the perk creating process if you wanted to tweak it more. Just let me know any changes you want. Or things that you wanna keep. I can basically make you a spider woman if you wanted lol. But honestly the monstrous transformations would be dope. Just lemme know what you want to keep or swap out with maybe a different effect then we can start workshopping it.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Whatcha mean in homemaking? lol my brain keeps thinking of the character being a lazy maid that uses illusions as to make it look like they're doing their job but in all honesty they're just magically sweeping it under the rug xD

Also if you are an illusionary it could actually be greatly helping in this case

Lastly if you wanna try your luck you still got two rerolls buhahaha
    Not that homemaking XD.

I am using the term literally. A homebuilder who is keen on rebuilding or contributing to rebuilding efforts.

I hope that there is a perk for making figments quasi real like shadow spells but easier to disbelief when revealed by supernatural means. (100% real when failed save, no buffer like shadow spells realness when save succeed, no auto-disbelief when thwarted by mundane method such as throwing a stone through the illusion)

As for rolls, I will be re-rolling rolls No.2 & 6. So the 12 and 11.

Re-rolling roll 2: (1d10+8)[17]

Re-rolling roll 6: (1d10+8)[14]
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-02-10 at 10:20 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

What I was trying to ask was did you want it to be more of a transformation like perk so you can have a race on top of it with skipping the la? sure it might not be the same but when we get a set idea ill hammer out the perk and then we can see if you like it?

The other stuff was more letting you have more customization in the perk creating process if you wanted to tweak it more. Just let me know any changes you want. Or things that you wanna keep. I can basically make you a spider woman if you wanted lol. But honestly the monstrous transformations would be dope. Just lemme know what you want to keep or swap out with maybe a different effect then we can start workshopping it.
    Ah, right yeah. Ideally it would be some kind of transformation perk (either on top of my race or replacing it) that gives me the stuff I mentioned before (medium spider and humanoid forms, spider has some kind of poison bite, webs and climbing speed option). The exact details for the poison and web effects I'm quite willing to leave to you!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Not that homemaking XD.

I am using the term literally. A homebuilder who is keen on rebuilding or contributing to rebuilding efforts.

I hope that there is a perk for making figments quasi real like shadow spells but easier to disbelief when revealed by supernatural means. (100% real when failed save, no buffer like shadow spells realness when save succeed, no auto-disbelief when thwarted by mundane method such as throwing a stone through the illusion)

As for rolls, I will be re-rolling rolls No.2 & 6. So the 12 and 11.

Re-rolling roll 2: [roll0]

Re-rolling roll 6: [roll1]
    Gotcha. Also to kinda nerd out like shadow clones in naruto? His are real while the others pop? Yea theres some perks like that lol. Also great rerolls :o

Like this Perk?

[Mind over Matter] (Level 1) Your imaginary mind expanded at an unbelievable rate. Making the stuff of dreams into reality. You can breathe life into your thoughts strengthen their likeness and reality. +4 Wis +4 Concentration +4 Sense motive +4 Perception.

3x/8h (Create minor illusions) Your able to create minor illusions from your mind. The save dc is 10+wis+PerkLvl to resist. Can create an image of your choice in a 5ft square. Image lasts 1d3+wis+PL rounds. If you expend another charge dc is 10+wis+(PerkLvlx2) it also covers 10ft lasting +4 rounds. Another charge adds again as so. The illusion can be forcible displayed by physical attacks. Your minor illusions durability is 5+wis+PerkLvl (in the case of multiple charges (2xPerkLvl, 3xPerklvl)

Ah, right yeah. Ideally it would be some kind of transformation perk (either on top of my race or replacing it) that gives me the stuff I mentioned before (medium spider and humanoid forms, spider has some kind of poison bite, webs and climbing speed option). The exact details for the poison and web effects I'm quite willing to leave to you!
    Tbh I like to keep perks and race separate, so it probably be on top of it. The Aranea aspect wouldn't be as strong right away but will get better as it levels up.

[Arachnid Aspect] (Level 1) Able to change your form. As your body adapts you gain. +4 CON +2 Sense Motive +2 Climb +2 Jump, +2 Concentration +60-foot Darkvision, + low light vision.

Able to swap form between a humanoid, and a spider. Takes 1d6 rounds or dc 15 concentration save for instant.

2/8 Hours (Toxic Secretion) Through your fangs you are able to release a toxic substance. Creatures subjected to it must make a DC 10+CON+PL to resist being poisoned. Poison affects are -1d3 str if failed the save by more than 5. Target also becomes shaky. If target fails by more than 10 is paralyzed. Repeated uses increase the save dc by +4 each time.

2/8 Hours (Fine Web) You are able to release a web of up to 15ft per charge. the webs toughness is 3+Con it takes double dmg from fire. Effect up to a medium character it can bind its target in place. Creatures entangled by the web can make an escape artist check to escape DC 10+con+PL or a strength check to break free which is DC+4. Due to the fine nature of the web the creature takes 1d3 damage while moving or taking action in it.

(What I came up with so far. reason why con base is due to your body needing to get stronger to create a more powerful toxin and web. Only two forms right now humanoid and spider. you do have fangs in humanoid but) kinda like a vampire or snake you can retract them and hide them.)

Any questions? lol
    Last edited by Forsaken; 2024-02-10 at 11:25 AM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Im up for this game, How would you feel about a Pathfinder Barbarian over a 3.5 Barbarian?

(1d10+8)[9]
    (1d10+8)[18]
    (1d10+8)[12]
    (1d10+8)[9]
    (1d10+8)[18]
    (1d10+8)[12]
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Rerolling #1 and #4
    (1d10+8)[18]
    (1d10+8)[12]

Oh this is perfect.

HALF ORC BARBARIAN

Str 21 [that +1 from lvl 4]
    Dex 18
    Con 18
    Int 10
    Wis 12
    Chr 10

as for a perk, I love that Pig Perk, but if you wanted to beef it up to a Pork Perk, or a Boar Perk, for a Tusky Half Orc, Id be up for that
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2024-02-10 at 11:42 AM.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

22. - Top - End - #22

(1d10+8)[9]
    (1d10+8)[12]
    (1d10+8)[18]
    (1d10+8)[15]
    (1d10+8)[17]
    (1d10+8)[10]

Rolling rolling rolling...

Thinking about doing a Druid.

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Rerolling 9 and 10, in that order.

(1d10+8)[10]
    (1d10+8)[12]

Show
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I'm a sucker for anything with custom abilities, so I'm rolling for this game.

I'll see the rolls before thinking of a concept (but it's probably going to be a burly bruiser of some type)

(1d10+8)[10] 15
    (1d10+8)[11] 15
    (1d10+8)[14]
    (1d10+8)[12]
    (1d10+8)[15]
    (1d10+8)[13]

All pretty mediocre, but workable.
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2024-02-10 at 12:16 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Now, when you said Soul Knife is a permissible Psionic class… which version? 3.5, the pathfinder version? Any fixes allowed?
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    Im up for this game, How would you feel about a Pathfinder Barbarian over a 3.5 Barbarian?

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    Yeppers thats fine. More rage lol

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    Rerolling #1 and #4
    [roll0]
    [roll1]

Oh this is perfect.

HALF ORC BARBARIAN

Str 21 [that +1 from lvl 4]
    Dex 18
    Con 18
    Int 10
    Wis 12
    Chr 10

as for a perk, I love that Pig Perk, but if you wanted to beef it up to a Pork Perk, or a Boar Perk, for a Tusky Half Orc, Id be up for that
    18 18 18 lol so lucky. If you want the pig one I guess you can take it lol. It does upgrade still. If you wanna rename it to Boar you can as well :3 love how beastly ya getting xD

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    I'm a sucker for anything with custom abilities, so I'm rolling for this game.

I'll see the rolls before thinking of a concept (but it's probably going to be a burly bruiser of some type)

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    same love having extra custom abilities lol
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Ugh, that was poor. Re-Rolling 10 and 11 respectively.
    [roll0]
    [roll1]

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

So the forum lagging is giving me issues with the re-rolls

(1d10+8)[15]
    (1d10+8)[15]

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking View Post
    Now, when you said Soul Knife is a permissible Psionic class… which version? 3.5, the pathfinder version? Any fixes allowed?
    Id prefer the 3.5 version as for fixes yes and yes and yes you can make it into any martial weapon not just short sword you could even construct it into a bow but to reshape a mind arrow takes a round but normal arrows are fine. Any fixes you were looking at?

Any questions I may have missed?
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    So the forum lagging is giving me issues with the re-rolls

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    very balanced overall. Also sameeeee been so laggy on this site. Sometimes I sit looking at my screen for 3 minutes waiting for it to just refresh
    Show