New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Seeking Advice for 3rd-Party Geshalt for Solo/Duo Play

I'm working on proposing some characters for a friend's game. This is going to be solo play, using the diceflip method of stat generation, so I'd like some suggestions for geshalt matches for the listed class. No dips though, the geshalt-ing is so to avoid dips.

I have some ideas but I wanted to check the community before committing.

Warden (+Shifter?), Shifter/Troubadour-Clone (+Conscript), A bodyguard/bodydouble for a princess, so said Princess can go out and be a heroic vigilante. Shifter/Cone is so that I can assume the Princess's likeness without burning a bunch of feets.

Mindblade - Moonlight Meditant (+Cleric? +Inquisitor?, +PsiWar, +Conscript, Sam. Sheepdog Acellererist?, Heir Apparent?) An ex-werewolf who repays the Holy Order that cured her by investigating occult events. This would be a Alchemy/Occult-punk setting, with setting and norms closer to the Age of Sail and Victorian England. One thing I liked was the idea of a proper lady in a dress fighting by creating a psionic wolf shell around her.

In the Company of Aberrations, Warptouched, That Which Should Not Be racial class. (Not sure... +Dread?, Deavic? +Sorc?, +Envoy?, Incantor with a focus on the Tech sphere? But I just as well could go Conscript and focus on manovers or Striker for better unarmed and grapeling) The forces of Order and Eldritch Chaos fell in love, and the result is one messed up kid trying to find her own place in the world.

Speaking of the Dread, the Dread has some good bones... (+Wilder, +Sorc?, +Vigilante and become the Pathfinder Batman?)

Sphere Barb or Conscript (+Shifter? +Incantor?) You are a bear-zerker. Whenever you rage, you turn into a large hungry magical bear for the length of the rage. It's quite the ordeal. It makes you powerful, but threatens your humanity and sense of self.

Fighter-Runesinger (Incantor? Shifter?, Psion - Armor doesn't bother psionics?) A war orphen used as an experiment. Looking to escape her captors and cope with what has happened to her. May dabble with Spark of Innovation here.

Vizier/Aegis. I have to double check the rules, but I don't think the psi armor doesn't interfere with Akasha, and they both use Int.

A couple of classes that looked fun but I don't if they are with 20lvs: Samurai Sheepdog: Acellererist, Heir Apparent, Legendary Games: Leg Vigilante - Dynamic Striker, Fortune Thief, Leg. Witch - Braid-bound Witch, Leg. Samurai, Leg. Shifter.

I think that's all my imagination has right now.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Seeking Advice for 3rd-Party Geshalt for Solo/Duo Play

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut2292 View Post
    using the diceflip method of stat generation
    Never heard of that, what is it?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

I misspoke, it is officially the Barflip method.

https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/...196729/barflip

Basically, you set each stat to a base value of 6, then rolling 1d6 for each attribute in order and adding that to the base value. Save the dice as you roll. Then you flip each die over, and you assign die to any of the attributes. Every die must be assigned, and you can only assign 1 die to any one attribute. Then count the total number of pops you have in stats - it should come out to a predefined nunber

*Visits Random.org* I rolled 3,2,2,4,6,2.

That would give me
    Str 9
    Dex 8
    Con 8
    Int 10
    Wis 12
    And Cha 8.

Then I flip the dice so 3->4, 2->5, 4->3 and of course 6->1. (Opposite sides of a die-six always sum to seven. That's the magic here.)

This would give me 4,5,5,3,1&5 to assign freely to my stats.

Here's one example of such. Hmm a high Wis and decent int suggests a rouge build.:

Str 9+1=10
    Dex 8+5=13
    Con 8+4=12
    Int 10+5=15
    Wis 12+3=15
    Cha 8+5=13

I could of sought higher numbers, but I think the strength of this system is that it can smooth out the highs and lows and still provide reasonable results.

10+13+12+15+15+13=78, right on the money.

If one wants stronger, more heroic characters, use a base value of 7, or even 8. For extra challenge use a base value of 5 instead.

Any more questions?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut2292 View Post
    Mindblade - Moonlight Meditant (+Cleric? +Inquisitor?, +PsiWar, +Conscript, Sam. Sheepdog Acellererist?, Heir Apparent?) An ex-werewolf who repays the Holy Order that cured her by investigating occult events. This would be a Alchemy/Occult-punk setting, with setting and norms closer to the Age of Sail and Victorian England. One thing I liked was the idea of a proper lady in a dress fighting by creating a psionic wolf shell around her.
    What about Silksworn Occultist. Gives good fort save and casting which you lack, and you can decimate enemies with the power of your stylish hat and matching gloves.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks, but the Mindblade is Wis with a little Str, and the Silksworn is Int+Cha. But pair it with Vigilante (perhaps the Legendary Games Fortune Thief archetype?) to get a powerful femme fatale to vex heroes.