New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: (3.5 OOC) End of Fate

I seem to have messed up my Listen roll, so here's a new one:

Listen: (1d20+9)[23]

Also, with Fire Bound Cyndred has a move speed of 40' and so can keep up with Porky.

2. - Top - End - #32

(1d20+4)[9] Spot
    (1d20+4)[8] Listen
    Rolling just in case

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Jeez... Loba rolled extremely well for sneaking up on this situation. If we're about to fight a monster they're gonna be unpleasantly surprised.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Ninjaed again! lol

Quote Originally Posted by zlefin View Post
    Maynard will keep with the accelerated pace as best he can. (rules-wise I think this means using hustle 1/3 of the time to maintain a 40' pace).

When the branching footsteps occur:
    Perhaps some of us should branch off to see if any of the other guards might be found, but splitting is risky, and we can't afford to have too many groups, even separating at all carries risk. Since we do not all move at the same pace, perhaps the faster could search for the captain, while the rest search for other guards, who're likely to not have gotten as far.

[how hard to track are the other branches? is it possible to follow them at all without a proper tracker?]
    Tracking the guards and the captain are splitting up shortly if you continue following the trails the guards seem to break off. You can tell that the guards are trying to catch up to their captain clearly, he left without asking for support, but these guardsmen choose to chase after him. Struggling to catch up. Clearly fighting and pushing forward at night wasn't there greatest of choices.

A few mobs of chained devils are the ones who are dead. Guards ftw! even if they have a bunch that died...
    Spoiler: Avatar’s picture
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35

With the new information I’ll get close enough to make a knowledge check for the devils, but are they the same as in the books or are there homebrewed tweaks? Asking as you just mentioned Chain Devils, which have regen, implying the guards had weapons that bypass it.

(1d20+16)[30] Planes

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

I forget from the loredump in the OP, do we have to take action to avoid undead? or is it solely about anti-devil stuff? ie is there a standard practice for protecting dead bodies from misuse that we need to do on the guards? Such a thing would surely be common knowledge.
    A neat custom class for 3.5 system
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94616

A good set of benchmarks for PF/3.5
    https://rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2...y-the-numbers/

An alternate craft point system I made for 3.5
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...t-Point-system

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dakrsidder View Post
    With the new information I’ll get close enough to make a knowledge check for the devils, but are they the same as in the books or are there homebrewed tweaks? Asking as you just mentioned Chain Devils, which have regen, implying the guards had weapons that bypass it.

[roll0] Planes
    These ones are the standard ones. You do notice the guards weapons are of silver make. With how high you rolled you do notice some empty bottles on the battlefield. Reading them says demonsbane which stops them from regenerating. It leaves a white film on the bodies of successfully targeted creatures.

Some of you noticed the white film on all of them. Implying they were properly disposed of.

I forget from the loredump in the OP, do we have to take action to avoid undead? or is it solely about anti-devil stuff? ie is there a standard practice for protecting dead bodies from misuse that we need to do on the guards? Such a thing would surely be common knowledge.
    Nope undead is a real thing. From your standard knowledge you know people only turn undead when night occurs. Due to the guards more dangerous profession they have amulets of undeath equipped as part of their standard gear preventing becoming undead. Probably why they have still been left there for now. But you also know that the amulets only last about a week without the village totems presence.

Great questions lol
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I guess porky is gonna grab the biggest silver weapon he can see cause..... maybe devil meat is poisonous. Whats the biggest one, also..... thinking.about grabbing some of them chains, is that possible?
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    I guess porky is gonna grab the biggest silver weapon he can see cause..... maybe devil meat is poisonous. Whats the biggest one, also..... thinking.about grabbing some of them chains, is that possible?
    Yep I posted ic the weapons you found. the chains are metal mainly some are barbed so just be careful handling those ones. Non poisonous but rolling or similar actions might not be the best. Biggest silver weapon is the greatsword.

Also I check ooc before ic sorry if it causes delay

New ic up

edit darius how much chains are you grabbing? the chains are only about 10ft-25ft and there is like alot of them xD
    Last edited by Forsaken; 2024-02-20 at 04:33 PM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40

Ah, managed to kill this many cr 6 monsters danm

Oop ninja’ed

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Ah, managed to kill this many cr 6 monsters danm

Oop ninja’ed
    Yep guards are pretty strong thats why its basically suicide to man the walls at this point. Or go out and search for them like who would be crazy enough to do that?

You manage to find (1d10+2)[7] vials of demonbane and (1d8+2)[5] deathsbane (effective on repelling undead equal to 1d10hd.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42

At least it’s not one of the ones with strong slas I suppose

Noted

Also I don’t see how Cyndred would know about the guards in the cave. The only ones who were mentioned to have the knowledge are Porky and Ja, but neither of them actually said anything about the guards
    Last edited by Dakrsidder; 2024-02-20 at 06:12 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Noted

Also I don’t see how Cyndred would know about the guards in the cave. The only ones who were mentioned to have the knowledge are Porky and Ja, but neither of them actually said anything about the guards
    I would just assume as nobody knows for sure its just like an 80% likelihood that they're there. Corpses+trail of blood lol. but who knows

I'll wait for some more ic posts to figure out which way you guys are deciding to go. If this info is useful at all you should know that they're roughly 20-25 guards left unaccounted for.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I can squeeze one post but Can’t post anymore tonight.

15. - Top - End - #45

NinjaGuy

Noted

That's a decent point - I'll take Foresaken's explanation and then pay more attention in the future, sorry about that

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

Oh i'm just going to throw this out there but you don't have to follow the group decision if you don't want to. Like if two people want to explore the guard cave and the rest moves on that's fine. But all I ask is if you get in over your head be careful. I like giving my players freedom but if you use that freedom to go into either an impossible situation I cant really stop you from dying lol. I can always regroup you guys so you dont have to feel forced to go one way or another. Its an open world have fun and go with what you feel.

That said the above paragraph isn't metagaming your current area or anything just a general statement. Since its a decent split I could have said it when deciding to either guard the wall or pursue the captain and or the guards but feels slightly more appropriate now.
    Last edited by Forsaken; 2024-02-20 at 08:54 PM.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47

NinjaGuy

Good to know, but I think I'll hold off on splitting the party until slightly farther into the story :P

18. - Top - End - #48

Fair enough, I just mentioned it, as I probably would've considered it too if I'd known

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Is maynard splitting up in search of his own? You said he is going to follow porky's trail after exploring all locations?
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

no, I was merely mentioning the possibility, Maynard is sticking with the group, unless the group agrees to a plan to split up.

Iirc we're supposed to do die rolls in this thread, right? I feel there may be some other details of play that were supposed to happen in this thread that I'm forgetting.

rolling my knowledges to see if I know anything about the pit.

religion
    (1d20+7)[13]
    planes
    (1d20+7)[21]
    local
    (1d20+6)[24]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

no, I was merely mentioning the possibility, Maynard is sticking with the group, unless the group agrees to a plan to split up.

Iirc we're supposed to do die rolls in this thread, right? I feel there may be some other details of play that were supposed to happen in this thread that I'm forgetting.

rolling my knowledges to see if I know anything about the pit.

religion
    [roll0]
    planes
    [roll1]
    local
    [roll2]

I like rolls that can impact your ic rp in here so you can describe it better. Like if you rolled a 3 to attack and you know your going to miss you can describe it

from your knowledge the hole looks just like a normal hole. But the chills you can tell maybe of undead creatures. Not as much demonic
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52

(1d20+4)[17] Spot hopefully high enough to find something new about whatever is in the cave

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Kinda sad all them voices trying to help but only one guy hears it. lol.. especially since there are so many spirits calling out. That must be so loud
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

if I'm reading right, I get a one round stun, and I might be able to tell more if I keep concentrating despite that and accept a longer penalty. I choose to just take the one round stun then; but if I misunderstood what you were trying to say, and faint, then let me know so I can adjust the IC post accordingly.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

if I'm reading right, I get a one round stun, and I might be able to tell more if I keep concentrating despite that and accept a longer penalty. I choose to just take the one round stun then; but if I misunderstood what you were trying to say, and faint, then let me know so I can adjust the IC post accordingly.
    Correct. Its like suddenly getting pricked with a sharp needle. You recoil in shock to protect yourself but if you focus you can push yourself to push against the needle even if it can cause further harm. Thats generally how I see it
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56

Something like a cafeteria or stadium I’d assume

Also if and when I have enough details to make a check, would a planes check be valid? Asking solely based on the demonic comment

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

Something like a cafeteria or stadium I’d assume

Also if and when I have enough details to make a check, would a planes check be valid? Asking solely based on the demonic comment
    Its a pit then a tunnel leading further in. Also if you listen further to the ghosts you can tell that they're souls are bound to their undead forms. A weird combination but implies that maybe the demonic ghost at the end has some magical abilities.

(Sorry if I wasnt making it clearer.)

As for the check I feel in this situation you are literally getting a bunch of info from the ghosts so you dont need much since they are feeding you the details you can freely tell they are trying to help but they know your party isnt able to hear them well besides one xD
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58

Nono, I mean I assume it’s noisy in the same way a full cafeteria or stadium is a blur of loud noises got that the location is a pit-tunnel. Ah, noted

Oh, not going to complain about free information
    Last edited by Dakrsidder; 2024-02-21 at 07:58 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Nono, I mean I assume it’s noisy in the same way a full cafeteria or stadium is a blur of loud noises got that the location is a pit-tunnel. Ah, noted

Oh, not going to complain about free information
    Yea a loud clammer a stadium and or cafeteria is a great example.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Double checking, only a.couple people can hear the ghosts?

Porky too thick to hear ghosts?
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.