New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: (3.5 OOC) End of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Dakrsidder View Post
    Not a issue good enough for me, although just to be certain, the standing undead aren’t adjacent to each other right? Also can I chuck the vials as splash weapons? If not, I’ll just use grease even if it’ll probably only apply to one
    they are about 7 feet apart (2 squares) You can chuck them as a splash weapon but the effect is uncertain to you.
    Spoiler: Avatar’s picture
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

Undead vs cyndred the nearest target.

Crawler

Jump (1d20+20)[21]
    Bite attack if succeeds he will try and grapple (1d20+9)[21]
    Damage (1d4+9)[13]
    If successful grapple
    (1d20+15)[30] If you beat that you resist it.

Ol' One arm vs Cyndred +flank

Attack (1d20+15)[27]
    Damage (1d6+9)[12]

Twined armed Undead vs its next meal (Porky)

Attack (1d20+15)[19]
    Damage (1d6+9)[15]
    Attack (1d20+10)[22]
    Damage (1d6+9)[15]

Everyone up feel free to hack them up after my ic with the undead attacks.

edit: whats with me rolling max damage?!?!?!?!?!?
    Last edited by Forsaken; 2024-02-22 at 05:51 PM.
    Show

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

My initiative was higher than theirs would I still be acting afterwards? If not, getting within 25’ of the closest and instead using entangling ectoplasm. If I go after anyways, I’ll chuck the deathsbane from 20’, so -2

(1d20+5)[7] touch, if former, target should be flatfooted too

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Porky will activate his rage. And swing on the undead that failed to hit him.

(1d20+11)[21] to hit
    (1d20+11)[31] confirm crit if necessary

(2d6+9)[18] silver great sword two-handed

(2d6+9)[18] crit damage if needed.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

5. - Top - End - #95

NinjaGuy

Ouch 25 damage!

Grapple Check: (1d20+10)[20]

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I'm so confused...

so I'll roll (But eventually I'll just have to admit I can't follow the pace)

Init
    (1d20+2)[15]

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Critical confirmation on the greatsword attack

(1d20+12)[18] damage(2d6+6)[13]

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

My initiative was higher than theirs would I still be acting afterwards? If not, getting within 25’ of the closest and instead using entangling ectoplasm. If I go after anyways, I’ll chuck the deathsbane from 20’, so -2

[roll0] touch, if former, target should be flatfooted too
    The two barbarians said they charged in first so if they beat the init the undead did they get to attack first. They didnt sneak up and tried attacking so wasnt a surprise round after the first round of combat everyone I would have assumed caught up and then engaged. Thats why first round was stranger. Glad it was a touch attack these guy have hella nat armor. but very poor touch. Not 7 poor but pretty poor non the less. The deathsbane missed by a little. sorry as a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    Porky will activate his rage. And swing on the undead that failed to hit him.

[roll0] to hit
    [roll1] confirm crit if necessary

[roll2] silver great sword two-handed

[roll3] crit damage if needed.
    Ah my bad forgot about your armor. it wasnt in its slot so thought your ac was 19 lol Ill mend the ic

Quote Originally Posted by RaiKirah View Post
    Ouch 25 damage!

Grapple Check: [roll0]
    Welp you have someone hugging you now. I'll call him dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    I'm so confused...

so I'll roll (But eventually I'll just have to admit I can't follow the pace)

Init
    [roll0]
    Sorry the story pace or combat pace? If its the story pace no worries. Ive notice some who post slightly slower so we might divi up groups depending and adjust the storyline that way.

Also how I do init basically its only the first round where it matters. In play by post it slows it down a bunch so I normally roll all enemies together and after they go its all pc's then all enemies then all npcs in that order.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

gonna meta game just so you guys know some base info. there ac is currently 24 touch 9 flat 24 Just to help rping. If you guys dont want this info in the future feel free to let me know and I can keep it private

Also nice crit dont forget to confirm. When we have all pcs actions I'll update ic
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken View Post

Sorry the story pace or combat pace? If its the story pace no worries. Ive notice some who post slightly slower so we might divi up groups depending and adjust the storyline that way.

Also how I do init basically its only the first round where it matters. In play by post it slows it down a bunch so I normally roll all enemies together and after they go its all pc's then all enemies then all npcs in that order.
    Same issue as Metastachydium, My posting time is a bit off with the rest, I come back to the forums and suddenly there are 10 posts. But it's fine.

gonna meta game just so you guys know some base info. there ac is currently 24 touch 9 flat 24 Just to help rping. If you guys dont want this info in the future feel free to let me know and I can keep it private

Also nice crit dont forget to confirm. When we have all pcs actions I'll update ic
    See above, with AC 24 I won't confirm.

11. - Top - End - #101

Noted
    Is there a house rule I missed allowing crits on undead, are they not actual undead, or something else?

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Ah, true, undead... dumb me

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm a bit confused as to whether I'm still supposed to roll init, or if we're arleady on the round after taht so I shouldn't bother with the 'time travel' required for it. I'll have switched to the silver sword, sheathing my other weapons before going in, as I wouldn't know which properties are best required for what we might face, and bows don't work well in caves. Are the silver swords mw? and/or +1? or anything else? I'm gonna assume just MW for now.

init roll if I'm supposed to.
    (1d20+5)[8]

For the second round, which I'm definitely eligible to act in, I'll try to move to a position where I can help flank one of the undead, if they're flankable at all; I'll prioritize getting an attack in over getting into good flanking position though. Also this may shift a bit depending on whether I'm supposed to hvae a rd1 to work with or not and what the roll is.

attack roll
    (1d20+9)[14]
    dmg if hit, assuming sword is mw still
    (1d8+5)[8]

ok, so, I miss, and the init question is moot.
    Last edited by zlefin; 2024-02-22 at 07:22 PM.
    A neat custom class for 3.5 system
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94616

A good set of benchmarks for PF/3.5
    https://rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2...y-the-numbers/

An alternate craft point system I made for 3.5
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...t-Point-system

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

Same issue as Metastachydium, My posting time is a bit off with the rest, I come back to the forums and suddenly there are 10 posts. But it's fine.

See above, with AC 24 I won't confirm.
    Might pair you guys up together than. I but I dont want to split the group if you guys wouldnt like to as well. A duo campaign is manageable but who knows posting is still gonna be a bit wonky in the earlier stages of the game.

Ah, true, undead... dumb me
    Same lol I was mainly worried about them critting you guys so critting was on my mind as well

Quote Originally Posted by zlefin View Post
    I'm a bit confused as to whether I'm still supposed to roll init, or if we're arleady on the round after taht so I shouldn't bother with the 'time travel' required for it. I'll have switched to the silver sword, sheathing my other weapons before going in, as I wouldn't know which properties are best required for what we might face, and bows don't work well in caves. Are the silver swords mw? and/or +1? or anything else? I'm gonna assume just MW for now.

init roll if I'm supposed to.
    [roll0]

For the second round, which I'm definitely eligible to act in, I'll try to move to a position where I can help flank one of the undead, if they're flankable at all; I'll prioritize getting an attack in over getting into good flanking position though. Also this may shift a bit depending on whether I'm supposed to hvae a rd1 to work with or not and what the roll is.

attack roll
    [roll1]
    dmg if hit, assuming sword is mw still
    [roll2]

ok, so, I miss, and the init question is moot.
    Yes they are flankable one is currently hugging and nibbling on someones shoulder

also yep the silver made weps are mw my bad for not stating. You guys got this though! You outnumber them 2 to 1. maybe a tad higher lol.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Are they alchemical silver, meaning they deal -1 damage?
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    Are they alchemical silver, meaning they deal -1 damage?
    Yarp also sorry about thinking mr two armed hit ya. Thought your ac was 19 but forgot you had armor it just wasnt in your slot. lol
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

doing some actions and pre-rolling in here so I know how to do the post write up.

note: I'm in the island of blades stance, which means that I'm always flanking any creature that ahs another ally of mine adjacent to it, and allies are always flanking a creature I am adjacent to, no matter the exact positioning.

swift action: burning blade maneuver (adds 1d6+4 fire damage to all attacks this turn)

move action: move up to the two-armed monster

standard action: shadow blade technique.

shadow blade technique allows me to roll twice to hit and pick either roll, dealing bonus damage if I pick the lower one (and still hit)

attack 1: (1d20+10)[19] (standard bonus is +8, +2 from flanking)
    attack 2: (1d20+10)[20] (standard bonus is +8, +2 from flanking)

damage base: (1d8+3)[8] (base is 1d8+1, add wis bonus to damage as I'm using a maneuver from my discipline focus school)
    damage fire: (1d6+4)[7]

meneuvers
    burning blade
    shadow jaunt
    mountain hammer
    Counter charge
    shadow blade technique

edit: welp, that's a miss.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2024-02-23 at 03:51 AM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

18. - Top - End - #108
    Firbolg in the Playground

RaKirah: Cyndred gets to have 16 hp back! (Hey, Forsaken, do tell if B. has to use Reach Spell, and I'll deduct the Turn attempts.)

Might pair you guys up together than. I but I dont want to split the group if you guys wouldnt like to as well. A duo campaign is manageable but who knows posting is still gonna be a bit wonky in the earlier stages of the game.
    The thought is appreciated (thanks!), but currently, I mostly do just find it funny how well it plays into Bryanthe's flaw, and as a healer, she's fine acting after the others.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    RaKirah: Cyndred gets to have 16 hp back! (Hey, Forsaken, do tell if B. has to use Reach Spell, and I'll deduct the Turn attempts.)

The thought is appreciated (thanks!), but currently, I mostly do just find it funny how well it plays into Bryanthe's flaw, and as a healer, she's fine acting after the others.
    Nah you should be good. Also gotcha. Just trying to make sure you all are enjoying it lol

After Cyndred makes his move round two will offically start...just gonna say the divine healing magic might make undead kinda tempted to eat you...
    Last edited by Forsaken; 2024-02-23 at 05:01 PM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post

Oooh, lovely, that helps a lot!

Not sure where we are in the initiative order, but Cyndred will attempt to do the following:

Attack in the grapple: +7 to Hit (+4BAB +6 STR +1 Earth Mastery -4 Grapple) (1d20+7)[19]
    Damage if Hit: 1d3+6 (1d3+6)[8]

Let me know when I should update in the IC for this round.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RaiKirah View Post
    Oooh, lovely, that helps a lot!

Not sure where we are in the initiative order, but Cyndred will attempt to do the following:

Attack in the grapple: +7 to Hit (+4BAB +6 STR +1 Earth Mastery -4 Grapple) (1d20+20)[34]
    Damage if Hit: 1d3+6 (1d20+9)[26]

Let me know when I should update in the IC for this round.
    So first round is where init matters because after enemies go its all pcs turns again. It just makes it faster if someone ends up dropping an enemy ill just redirect the attacks to another enemy or reclarify if I catch it before the rest post ic.

Okay so cyndred will get an AoO against the undead giving him a tasty hickey as he felt the healing magic and is changing targets.

Jumping to B (1d20+20)[34]
    Attacking (1d20+9)[26]
    Damage (1d4+9)[10]
    If it successfully hits it tries to latch on via grapple
    Grapple (1d20+15)[30]

Ol' One arm tries to Slash into Cyndred again
    Attacking (1d20+13)[32]
    Damage (1d6+9)[15]

Then mr two armed trying to get some bacon!
    Attacking (1d20+15)[24]
    Damage (1d6+9)[11]
    Attacking (1d20+11)[13]
    Damage (1d6+9)[11]
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

Porky barely dodging lol. Everyone is back up. Good luck fighting the undead. They arent close enough to be flanking anymore. But they are spread out so you guys might be able to gang up on them even as a 3 v1 :o
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113

Throwing another deathsbane from the same 20' distance at the same creature, which I assume is the one with two arms, but also spending a point of inspiration on Cunning Insight, so 5-2+4
    (1d20+7)[16] touch

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

Throwing another deathsbane from the same 20' distance at the same creature, which I assume is the one with two arms, but also spending a point of inspiration on Cunning Insight, so 5-2+4
    [roll] touch
    noice noice. That ones skins starts to crackle and soften reducing his nat armor by (1d10+4)[6] for (1d6+2)[4] minutes

So his ac is 18 now alot better lol.
    Last edited by Forsaken; 2024-02-23 at 10:25 PM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115

Oh good
    I’ll also spend my move to grab a new vial forgot to add that

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Porky barely dodging lol. Everyone is back up. Good luck fighting the undead. They arent close enough to be flanking anymore. But they are spread out so you guys might be able to gang up on them even as a 3 v1 :o
    On flanking, remember that due to my stance, the one's I'm adjacent to are allways flanked if anyone else is adjacent too, which is the two armed one at least (me and porky+ anyone else joining in).

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

Oh good
    I’ll also spend my move to grab a new vial forgot to add that
    gotcha gotcha. Them vials are getting low at a fast rate lol. But good thing people in this world make alot of stuff like that. Kinda like the witcher game potions for certain mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    On flanking, remember that due to my stance, the one's I'm adjacent to are allways flanked if anyone else is adjacent too, which is the two armed one at least (me and porky+ anyone else joining in).
    noice noice. Take em down! lol
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

well then, let's see if I can actually do some damage before I need to spend a full-round action resetting my maneuvers

move action: nothing
    standard action: mountain hammer strike: attack deals 2d6 extra damage and ignores DR and hardness

attack roll: (1d20+10)[28]
    damage roll [roll]1d8+2d6+1[/roll]

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

that's a hit! rerolling damage as it got messed up. (1d8+1)[2] +(2d6)[7] (ignores any DR and hardness)

edit:
    maneuvers
    burning blade
    shadow jaunt
    mountain hammer
    Counter charge
    shadow blade technique
    Last edited by DeTess; 2024-02-24 at 03:52 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll strike again at the nearest one, moving to a flanking position if I can safely, and preferring to target the one weakened by the deathsbane; but it's hard to tell descriptively how many of us are in position to do that.

(1d20+9)[21]
    (1d8+5)[8]
    A neat custom class for 3.5 system
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94616

A good set of benchmarks for PF/3.5
    https://rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2...y-the-numbers/

An alternate craft point system I made for 3.5
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...t-Point-system