New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Winter Wolf Wraiths and other cool creatures for incorporeal undead?

I am making a list of incorporeal undead that I can conjure with Spirit Binding (lesser & greater) for a campaign. Many templates can turn normal monsters into ghosts, wraiths, shadows, etc. I am looking for cool ideas for these templates. I don't care if the resulting undead is powerful, so long as the undead is fun, cool, or makes thematic sense. All ideas are appreciated!
    Last edited by Fero; 2024-02-17 at 08:53 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Winter Wolf Wraiths and other cool creatures for incorporeal undead?

Quote Originally Posted by eggynack View Post
    What I care about here, though, is that the highest standard of pedantry is upheld.
    Know-It-All
    Long Arm of the Law
    Phantom of the Opera
    Arthropods, the Bane of Giants
    Horselord
    Mother Cyst of Invention
    Rule #15: a hero is only as good as his weapon!
    Master of Disguise

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Winter Wolf Wraiths and other cool creatures for incorporeal undead?

If you're open to Dragon magazine, look up the Restless Prey template. Applies specifically to animals etc. And is particularly dangerous of you apply it to swarms of rats.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

My favorite incorporeal undead template is Spectral Creature from Dragons of Faerun.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Saintheart View Post
    If you're open to Dragon magazine, look up the Restless Prey template. Applies specifically to animals etc. And is particularly dangerous of you apply it to swarms of rats.
    You don't even need Dragon, it is on web.
    If you could make anything and everything welcome to the Zinc Saucier XLV: Figaro

My competition's medals.

Spoiler: For purposes of clarity
    Show
    1109 is September, 11 - my birthday.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saintheart View Post
    This template is intense, all natural attacks become touch attacks that inflict energy drain and gain +cha to dmg...and can be put on magical beasts.
    Join the 3.5e Discord server: https://discord.gg/ehGFz6M3nJ

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

That’s true, but it doesn’t make the creature incorporeal, which is what the OP asked for. Unless there’s a template that turns a corporeal undead into an incorporeal one? In any case, Spectral Creature (DoF 109) is another way to convert natural attacks into energy drain, and makes the creature incorporeal without need of some second template.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

I’ve enjoyed using the Silveraith template, from City of the Spider Queen. It stacks onto any living creature and changes its type to incorporeal undead. It’s 3.0 material but worked well enough for me.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Despair View Post
    This is very, very cool. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Maat Mons View Post
    My favorite incorporeal undead template is Spectral Creature from Dragons of Faerun.
    Is that from a web supplement? I can't seem to find it.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

No, not a web enhancement. It’s right there on page 109… in the Dragon Lairs chapter… for some reason.