New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: (3.5 IC) End of Fate

As Porky dealt finishing blows to the monsters in front of her and attacking their healer Eria took a moment to catch her breath and determine her next move.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Full-round action: adaptive style to reset maneuvers.

prepared maneuvers:
    Cloak of deception
    Burning blade
    Mountain hammer
    Shadow blade technique
    Mighty throw

Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Bryanthe, in the meantime, can barely follow the rapidly unfolding events. One moment she is whimpering panickedly in the grasp of that thing, losing more blood and flesh and tendons and… Whatever else it just bit off. Then all of a sudden, the Weird Red Elf dissects the crawler and Porky rushes past, blasting it into oblivion. His wind alone is enough to push the Aasimar a few steps back and against the cave wall; grasping the gaping hole where a piece of her body used to be with sheer horror, she almost just slumps down to whimper some more after muttering a shaken Th-thank you. Thank you both. to her saviours, trying to put on something like a smile. But then, out of well-honed healer's instict, perhaps, her gaze snaps at Cyndred, then over onto Eria and back at the Shifter once more. Be with you… In a moment. she tells Eria, hurling herself, breating heavily and almost in a delirium, towards Cyndred, colliding with the man's back and propelling a wave of healing light into it – which then wells up with a tidal surge, back into her form and radiates forth, washing over the Half-Drow.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

And B. does it again! The same thing that got her mostly eaten! Cyndred regains 16 hp! Eria regains 8 hp! Even B. regains 8 hp!
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2024-02-27 at 08:15 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Ja was momentarily shocked by the undead monster's resistance. She now leaps into action with a powerful and reckless two handed strike on the closest undead!

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Reckless offense (1d20+12)[23] Damage (2d6+5)[8]

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

Lobas attack falls short when suddenly an enraged porky charges through with so much force the damaged undead are launched flying slamming ruthlessly onto the cavernous walls parts of them being torn off from the force alone.

As Ja's strike hits true. The creatures defense lowered due to the deaths bane. Feeling the holy energy again he swings wildly hitting Ja hard in a counter attack. Before trying to focus on Bryanthe in hopes of devouring it.

(everyone up for what I assume is last round of combat)
    Spoiler: Avatar’s picture
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Maynard strides up to the remaining one and strikes it firmly in the center of its head with a downward swing.
    A neat custom class for 3.5 system
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94616

A good set of benchmarks for PF/3.5
    https://rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2...y-the-numbers/

An alternate craft point system I made for 3.5
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...t-Point-system

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

With a weakened hide porky should be able to thrust his greatsword into the final undead.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Barbarian in the Playground

Now that there was only one foe left and he was reasonably certain that the others would be able to clean up, Ekkehardt turned away from the combat as he started examining the room with a glimmer of curiosity, wondering if he could find something of interest.
    Last edited by Dakrsidder; 2024-02-28 at 09:00 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Eria closed in quickly with the last undead monstrosity, a cold blue light shrouding one fist and flames gathering around the other. Two quick blows unleashed the stored energy leaving one side of the monster covered in frost and the other side blackened and scorched as her fists found their mark.

9. - Top - End - #99

With the danger passing and some of the others already turning to inspect the scene of battle (instead of running on again), Bryanthe can finally take a moment to catch her poor, useless breath and exhaling loudly in relief, she sees about the remaining wounds, shuffling from ally to ally to release the light of life into them. Lastly, she tends to her own injuries, still quite ugly and no less painful after the first, serendipitous healing. She can immediately tell that she overdid the restoration somewhat this time, but the sudden dizziness doesn't last. Looks like they might have this, after all!

Show

Everyone (barring Porky, if he choses otherwise) is back to full health and then some, because when much of it (14 hp or more) will be wasted, I know how to roll well, of course!

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

With your parties ruthless and combined blows you managed to fell the last undead. Silence returning into the cave. Only the glow of you companion illuminates the cave. Ahead of you lies a way deeper inside. But behind you is the exit beckoning you to escape. As the cold chill is still seeping into the cave.

Searching the room you find...

Spoiler: VIctory
    Show
    You won yay! Loot 577 gp, 10 sp, 8 cp

2 x Broken Carts (8 gp, 10sp 200 lb)
    Grindstone (10 gp)
    Lapis Lazuli (11 gp)
    Violet Garnet (600 gp)
    Grappling Hook (1 gp, 4 lb)
    7 x Iron Bar (1 sp, 5 lb)
    Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (300 gp)
    Potion of Invisibility (300 gp)
    Damaged Noble's Outfit (30 gp, 10 lb)
    Pavilion Tent (100 gp, 300 lb)
    Small Iron Box (1 gp, 20 lb) (locked dc 25)
    Chain Mail*
    Silver Shield*
    Onyx Ring

The silver shield of strange make. Chain mail that feels lighter than normal but looks like normal armor. Lastly a small iron box the size of your palm and a dark black gemstone onyx ring. A mixture of other items are in the broken and run down carts. That looks as if they were carelessly dragged down into the cave.

(What do you all decide to do?)
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"We still need find Captain.... Deeper in cave. Porky look. Treasure be here on way out."

(1d20+12)[21] Survival Track to pick up Trail of Captain again and follow.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

12. - Top - End - #102

As he was in no rush, Ekkehardt paid the comment no heed and took the time to savor the discovery of treasure, one of the few ways he'd learned to have a bit of fun. Noticing the iron box among the items sparked his curiosity, so he poked at it before recalling that he never actually got the chance to practice lockpicking. As such, he turned his attention back towards the other items, briefly examining one before looking at another.

When he was done, he stood up and began walking further into the cave, not bothering to take anything discovered.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Let us not be distracted by loot right now, there's people in danger

Though Ja says this with extreme conviction, her eyes can't help but look at the chainmail.

She stops for a moment before following big man porky.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

"Better grab what's useful now." Eria suggested, while pocketing the two potions. She stopped at the lockbox for a moment as well, and landed a pair of sharp blows on the locking mechanism to break it open.

Show

Using the mountain hammer strike on the lock, if necessary a couple times. Strike ignores hardness, iron has 30hp per inch of thickness. Strike does 12 damage on average. I can roll if necessary, but if this is a normal box I should break through in short order.

15. - Top - End - #105

Bryanthe nods along absently, without paying particular attention to the conversation. This is the exact kind of numbers she never really had much of a head for. And what head she does have is currently still slightly light. She contents herself with quietly glowing in the background, and hustles after Porky once the big man gets going.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

Inside the iron box that was so rudely destroyed lay two pieces of cloth with small yellow fragments of what might be gems sown into them. Seemingly to be decorative arm bands that gleam in the glow of your party member.

Proceeding further downwards onto the path Porky helping you navigate the twist and turns of the cavern that would have led you astray. You bypass more of the undead that drew blood. But none seem to be animated. After what seems like tense hours you arrive at the end of your search. The guard Captain standing a short distance away from a little girl. Sword slashes deeply penatrated the room they are in. The captains glare is fierce looking at his daughter.

Release my daughter fiend!

No...you almost slain me! Forcing me to possess this puny child A dry raspy voice is released from the girl. Not at all matching her appearance.

Let her go now The Captains voice said sternly. Giving no lee way at all.

Spoiler: Ghost rambles
    Show

Oh no that demon took over the girl!

How cruel

That monster!

Daddy that's not me! I'm here!

OH NO

Shes already done for...

Poor girl gone at such a young age...

Daddy please help me...

Its okay child we will be with you. Your on another journey now.

I dont want to go. I want to stay with my dad!

SILENCE!!! The body of the girl shouts in her raspy voice. Not seeming to be talking to any of you though. I will release this child only if you leave the cave. Afterwards she will be here waiting for you. She states with a unnatural smile as it tries to indicate good will.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107

Overhearing the ghosts once he entered the room, Ekkehardt noticed a young girl's voice in contrast to the raspy, monstrous voice coming from the one up ahead. Although whatever was speaking through her had already confirmed it, he got a sense of what happened.

Ekkehardt looks over in the general direction of where he heard the girl's voice coming from. "That voice—would you happen to be Captain Gerald's daughter? If so, I might have a way to force the demon out, but I'm not certain, so it may put you in danger. It's up to you if you want me to try it."
    Last edited by Dakrsidder; 2024-02-29 at 07:22 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Porky approaches and stands behind the captain.

"Captain. Porky here. We reinforcement from town. We come, bring home. What happen to girl?"
    Festival of Heroes:

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Eria quickly snatched the armbands, then hurried after the others. She caught up before long, and stumbled upon the drama unfolding around the captain. She kept herself back a bit. Exorcising ghosts or demons was not her strong suit, so for now she simply held back to watch it play out.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: Ekkehardt hearing ghosts
    Show

A small gasp is heard quickly followed by a

You can help my dad? I dont care what happens to me. My father is in trouble do whatever needs to be done! A resolute yet childlike voice coming from the soul of the girl who is not even a young adult yet.

Eh he can hear us?

Tell Emily I'm sorry!

Could yo-

My wi-

A large clamour of final wishes and desires bombards you drowning out any other noise you can hear.

SILENCE The dry raspy voice lashes out of the girl's body again. While she looks at Ekkehardt's direction before refocusing on the Captain once more.

Gerald briefly glances at you his eyes sharp and piecing before refocusing on his daughter "That spectral bastard lured my daughter out of town. I tracked her down to this location by myself. After culling the undead in the corridor, I found the spectral scum trying to turn my daughter into an abomination. I only managed to wound him before he fled into my child's body. He said giving clear cut answers while his focus is greatly trained on his daughter. Not seeming to be willing to follow the slightest instruction from the creature possessing her.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111

Having received confirmation, Ekkehardt nods before turning his gaze towards the possessed girl.

After a few moments, he approaches the two. “I see. Don’t be alarmed.” As he says this, he raises his hand as it combusts into pure white flames and if not stopped, reaches out towards the girl’s shoulder.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Maynard arrives with the others, and assess the situation. While his weapon remains ready, he's clearly focusing on thinking of ways to remedy the situation.

How strong is the fiend while controlling your daughter? Could we knock her out or bind her to take back to town? Are there any still living guards elsewhere we should go aid? The only guards we've found had perished.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

This was beyond Ja’s understanding. But she couldn’t le anyone harm the girl. She interposed her body between the possessed girl and any harm.

Face us not with this child appearance but with your true strength

24. - Top - End - #114

If her nape had those weird little hairs that Humans and the like sport, Bryanthe is fairly certain they would all be standing scared right now. As it stands, she has to make do with some nervous wincing as she approaches the captain to gently touch his arm from very strictly behind. A repeat of the gnawing she's got recently is not something she much desires currently. There's things the sword cannot solve, Sir. Let us help. she tells the man, trying to build up some trust before things inevitably go sideways. Ekkehardt seems to have an idea, and the others will do their best. She knows that. But the captain getting twitchy, especially given how crazy powerful he is, might complicate things, and if he could broke this stalemate, he would have already done so. At any rate, she can't quite not expect blood. Her other hand rises quietly, the glow around it growing stronger. That's as much as she can do; but she'll do it.

Show

Move up to Captain G. and
    ready a Reach CLW for the girl.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

Back off you! The girl snorts. Jumping out of range of your glowing palm before blood red ghostly claws materializes and claws towards your head. Giving off the same feeling as your attack. Before it could land on you a sharp blue light cut through the ghostly palm severing it revealing a small childlike hand uninjured. As the rest dematerializes with a shriek from the spirit

You dare try to use my daughter to cause harm! Gerald growls as you see his longsword enveloped in the same blue aura that shot forward. Glancing towards you he states This fiend is weak. Its only difficult ability is creating the minor undead outside and possession. With the ability to drain life from its targets. If this coward wasn't in my child it would already be slain. His voice carrying a fierce anger underneath.

Mortals please talk sense into this man The raspy voice sounds noticeably weaker than before. I'll let her go I promise. Just dont kill me.. I would leave her body as soon as you give me enough room to escape. If you keep trying to harm me, I'll will make sure this girl perishes with me It hisses with its last will of defiance as to prove a point a small trickle of blood starts falling down the little girl's face. Coming out of her eyes and nose. Don't force me.

Spoiler: Ghostly
    Show

That fiend.

Good cut!

Oh no!

Dad beat it! That isn't me anymore! I don't want you to get hurt!

Girl suuush you father is about to avenge all of us

That fiend is on its last ropes. It cant last much longer!

Yea it can try escaping through the secret tunnel but he doesn't know that the tunnel collapsed a few weeks ago that's why I was trying to mine it out.

Yep he is so trapped here.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116

After the short exchange where he failed to make contact, Ekkehardt lowered his hand. "I suppose that was to be expected."

Overhearing more of the ghosts' ramblings, he learned some relevant information, so he turned to the others speaking in elven in case the creature before him wouldn't understand. "From what I can tell, there are two ways out of the cave. I think it's banking on escaping through the second if given the chance, but it may have unforeseen difficulties using said exit."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Maynard looks squarely at the girl.

We're not fools, don't tell us to talk sense when you're not talking sense. Obviously neither of us trusts the other at all, so any deal to be made had better not involve trusting the other or promises. How much room to escape do you require? And would you be willing to swap hosts? If the Captain permits us to that is, as we don't seem to have a better plan or the Captain would've already said to do it. I'd let you swap to me and then use my body to get to a location you can escape from. The rest of us would follow at a moderate distance, enough that they couldn't easily close once you leave, but not so far that you could just keep my body without risk either.

Show
    Might as well make it a puny diplomacy roll
    (1d20+4)[10]

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

The girl nervously looking at both of the speakers taking in new information and not having much of a choice says I will take over your body and let the girl go if you take me out of the cave and wait until nightfall so that I can freely leave. The possessed child says reaching its hand slowly towards Maynard ready to transfer the possession. Everyone else back away. It hisses distancing itself as far away as it can while moving towards Maynard and the exit.

Captain Geralds eye contact remains fixated on his daughter. His sword still drawn. Clearly ready to strike if anything goes wrong.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Maynard sheathes his weapons and reaches out his hand, awaiting the transfer of possession.

I accept that deal. I'm taking your watchful silence as agreement with this plan Captain; if something ultimately goes wrong, do make sure to get back and protect the town. I don't think we all need to stay for this, the captain plus a few trackers as backup should suffice, perhaps the rest should head back so they can reach town before nightfall and bring back some of that other gear or bodies of our fallen. Or maybe it's safer for you all to just stay together, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Porky looks between the group, the captain, and the girl. He keeps his sword in hand as he stands ready.

"Porky uncertain. But will follow captain lead."
    Festival of Heroes: