New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Does Rich Burlew play 3.5?

Given the context that OotS and GITP were born of, and his involvement in various 3.5 books, I know that he was playing it for years. Has he commented in more recent years on what edition of the game he’s enjoying still, if any?
    Gary Gygax: "As an author, I also realize that there are limits to my creativity and imagination. Others will think of things I didn't, and devise things beyond my capabilities".

Also Gary Gygax: "The AD&D game system does not allow the injection of extraneous material. That is clearly stated in the rule books. It is thus a simple matter: Either one plays the AD&D game, or one plays something else."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Does Rich Burlew play 3.5?

In more recent years he has stepped back from taking about his personal life (and largely talking on the forums at all).
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    In more recent years he has stepped back from taking about his personal life (and largely talking on the forums at all).
    I see. Well, I hope whatever he's doing he’s having fun. Glad he still keeps this place running.
    Gary Gygax: "As an author, I also realize that there are limits to my creativity and imagination. Others will think of things I didn't, and devise things beyond my capabilities".

Also Gary Gygax: "The AD&D game system does not allow the injection of extraneous material. That is clearly stated in the rule books. It is thus a simple matter: Either one plays the AD&D game, or one plays something else."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

He mentioned in one of the Patreon answer posts that he wasn't playing in any RPG games and hadn't been for some time. While that post is four years old now, the reasons he gives for why he wasn't in any games don't seem like the sort of thing that would change.
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ozreth View Post
    I see. Well, I hope whatever he's doing he’s having fun. Glad he still keeps this place running.
    Same. From everything I've seen of Rich, he seems like a good person, and I wish him nothing but the best.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Back in 2011, he knew 4e well enough to write a really funny story comparing it to 3.5e (printed in Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales). I conclude that by that time, he had played 4e a lot.