New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default War Weaver - Questions about the tapestry

Hey everyone, I'm playing a Wizard/Druid/Arcane Hierophant/War Weaver in a high level game and have a few questions.

Since we often interact with local rulers or other NPCs we often go to battle besides them so it would be nice to extend my arcane tapestry to a few of them. So how can I fit more people into my arcane tapestry, aside from boosting my spellcasting ability score? Usually the tapestry holds me plus [INT bonus] others; can I boost my INT bonus on top of buffing my INT score?

The second question is: Arcane tapestry says "Although you cast but a single spell, you can have it affect every creature in your eldritch tapestry as if the group were a single creature." When I have a spell that affects one creature per caster level - can I target the tapestry as one creature and target [CL-1] other creatures with it?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: War Weaver - Questions about the tapestry

Quote Originally Posted by eBarbarossa View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm playing a Wizard/Druid/Arcane Hierophant/War Weaver in a high level game and have a few questions.

Since we often interact with local rulers or other NPCs we often go to battle besides them so it would be nice to extend my arcane tapestry to a few of them. So how can I fit more people into my arcane tapestry, aside from boosting my spellcasting ability score? Usually the tapestry holds me plus [INT bonus] others; can I boost my INT bonus on top of buffing my INT score?
    There may be some obscure rule somewhere. I'm not aware of anything for this though. A custom magic item that boosts your ability score for this specific purpose could be allowed, depending on your GM.

The second question is: Arcane tapestry says "Although you cast but a single spell, you can have it affect every creature in your eldritch tapestry as if the group were a single creature." When I have a spell that affects one creature per caster level - can I target the tapestry as one creature and target [CL-1] other creatures with it?
    Sure, I'd allow that. Note that because the range of spells is not affected (except at war weaver 5th), the limiting factor will typically be getting everyone to be next to you so they can be touched at the casting of the spell. Any character who is part of the weave but out of range of the spell can't be affected by the spell.