New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Supernatural Isekai IC *Still Recruiting*

Vs. Shrieks

Jason raised an eyebrow as the giant goblin failed to explode, go flying, or collapse in a heap of broken bones, but he only paused for a second. Eldritch whips lashed out from his now unencumbered left arm, wrapping around the large Shriek and dragging it closer as he abandoned any sense of finesse and just whaled on the thing over and over with massive whumps of force emanating from the Rings on his right arm with every punch. It was kind of insulting to everything Wenwu had taught his son about fighting, but the Masters of the Mystic Arts had a very pragmatic approach to fighting and Wong's instincts were saying that if just hammering the thing was working then that was what needed to happen.

George's fireball makes him release the creature and dive out of the way with a surprised yell, rolling across the pavement away from the now-burning Shriek. With the others apparently handled, Jason flings his arm downwards, sending the Ten Rings hurtling into and beneath the asphalt. With a gesture, they burrow towards the Shriek before rising up in a concentrated attack.

He wasn't sure what this thing's weakness was, but taking ten ballistic metal rings straight to the tenders would be a good way to check for one.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

EDWARD

"Oh, that's probably because our wizard friend broke her Geas. As for portkeys, I'm not really aware of any upper limit on passengers, but I don't think anyone's ever tried to send more than a dozen people at once either, so we'll go with 25 groups of 12 to be safe."
    "No particular hurry here, we don't even have the spears yet, so hopefully you can either get Emma to see reason or find whoever actually owns the place."
    "I suggest we go take a look at the Austrian Spear in the mean time."

With that Edward starts walking in the direction of that spear.

3. - Top - End - #213

HalfOrcPirate

Mads ums for a moment when Edwards footsteps start moving away for a moment and looks back at the fight.

Spoiler: Mads (D) and Wordsworh
    Show
    "Hold zat though Ja? Ill grab the book later but im needed elsevhere right now."

He VORPS a body in from elsewhere, one thats not invisible.

"Hi I'am zee Mads, Ja?" The new visible Mads (Mads B) says to the confused normals. "Edward, lets play zee Marco polo, Ja? Marco!" He yells as he attempts to follow Edwards footsteps.

Mads invisible body (Mads A) vorps off to street to watch the fight incase they need a hand.

Spoiler: Mads (B) and odin
    Show
    Mads B continues asking questions about the blue orb

Spoiler: Mads (C) and Emma
    Show
    Mads (C) awaits at Emmas door for a response

4. - Top - End - #214

RedWizardGuy

EDWARD

"Oh yeah, you can't see me, just follow this."

Edward then conjures a rock and charms it to follow him a few feet to his right.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FrightKnight0 View Post
    Vs. Shrieks

Jason raised an eyebrow as the giant goblin failed to explode, go flying, or collapse in a heap of broken bones, but he only paused for a second. Eldritch whips lashed out from his now unencumbered left arm, wrapping around the large Shriek and dragging it closer as he abandoned any sense of finesse and just whaled on the thing over and over with massive whumps of force emanating from the Rings on his right arm with every punch. It was kind of insulting to everything Wenwu had taught his son about fighting, but the Masters of the Mystic Arts had a very pragmatic approach to fighting and Wong's instincts were saying that if just hammering the thing was working then that was what needed to happen.

George's fireball makes him release the creature and dive out of the way with a surprised yell, rolling across the pavement away from the now-burning Shriek. With the others apparently handled, Jason flings his arm downwards, sending the Ten Rings hurtling into and beneath the asphalt. With a gesture, they burrow towards the Shriek before rising up in a concentrated attack.

He wasn't sure what this thing's weakness was, but taking ten ballistic metal rings straight to the tenders would be a good way to check for one.
    Well, the enormous Shrieker goblin, whatever you want to call it was having a bad day. Eventually the combined efforts of the protagonists manage to finally take it out.

Odin
    The Blue Orb is meant to house enough power to become a god all on it's own. However, something unexpected happened at it's creation and it's less a creature on it's own, and is more one with the Hotel, which is a living being on it's own.

Emma
    The witch is annoyed at you. "It should be fun hunting you down and destroying you. Now, be a good prey and let me do it!"

Monster Fight
    It seems the Albino has stopped to observe the protagonists fighting his non pale goblin friends for the moment. He makes grunting sounds, then seems to be speaking in indecipherable whispers.

The Austrian Spear Of Destiny
    A group of around forty or so men and armed women are guarding the room with the Spear. Most of them seem heavily armed, while one white suited young man with black hair, black eyes and tanned skin, seemingly unarmed, steps forward to speak with whomever is looking for the Relic.

"You aren't an enemy. Are you hiding here for protection like the rest of us?"
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2024-03-26 at 08:13 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler: Mads(B) and Odin
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by ArlEammon View Post
    Odin
    The Blue Orb is meant to house enough power to become a god all on it's own. However, something unexpected happened at it's creation and it's less a creature on it's own, and is more one with the Hotel, which is a living being on it's own.
    "Please forgive my sudden departure old one eye, I need to go play a game of tag with the proprietor apparently." Mads bows his head respectfully and VORPs out.

Spoiler: Mads(C,B) and Emma
    Show

Emma
    The witch is annoyed at you. "It should be fun hunting you down and destroying you. Now, be a good prey and let me do it!"
    I sense zee annoyance, is subtle yes. I do ask what I have done to earn your ire, vitch Emma. I went and talked to zee vizard like you asked Ja? Mads(C) rambles through the door as he waits for his back up to vorp in.

Mads(B) vorps in at the end of the hall way so he could see Mads(C) and around the corner at the same time, making sure to have enough local teleport options to move around as needed to dodge Emmas attacks if needed.

The Austrian Spear Of Destiny, Edward(Invisible) and Mads(D)(Highly visible)
    A group of around forty or so men and armed women are guarding the room with the Spear. Most of them seem heavily armed, while one white suited young man with black hair, black eyes and tanned skin, seemingly unarmed, steps forward to speak with whomever is looking for the Relic.

"You aren't an enemy. Are you hiding here for protection like the rest of us?"
    "You ok to ta..." Mads sorta starts saying to Edward before remembering he might want to be sneaky beaky here.

"We.. Umm.. Have actually come to find if there are any survivors here in need of aid, Ja?" He says, totally recovering from his nearly accidental outing of most invisible Edward. "So how can ve help, Ja! He finishes with a broad smile.

Spoiler: Mads(A)(invisible) on the street
    Show

Mads(A) just invisibly watches team punch do punching and punch adjacent activities to these shreikers. Looking out for any sneaking up on them.
    Last edited by gawwy; 2024-03-27 at 02:23 AM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Somehow, Cassie is paying enough attention to wonder why George couldn't have just put the tissue in his pocket. Between him, the ice-using old man, and an invisible fighter whose taunting voice is probably Jason's, this monster group seems like it's under control. Cassie approaches the pale goblin and changes back into a form that can speak reliably.

"Psst! Hey! What's going on?" Cassie instinctively raises her arms when the anti-shriek turns to look at her. It doesn't help much. "Sorry, I don't know how to turn off the invisibility! Where did you all come from? Is there anything we can do to help you stop these guys?"

8. - Top - End - #218

RedWizardGuy

EDWARD

Edward decides to allow Mads to do the talking for a while longer, only Mads really know how much we can offer them at the hotel after all, and being unnoticed here is an opportunity.
    He leaves the rock floating near Mads and slips invisibly around the crowd to get a closer look at the spear, examining it from all sides.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    EDWARD

Edward decides to allow Mads to do the talking for a while longer, only Mads really know how much we can offer them at the hotel after all, and being unnoticed here is an opportunity.
    He leaves the rock floating near Mads and slips invisibly around the crowd to get a closer look at the spear, examining it from all sides.
    @Edward
    The man dressed in the high class looking white suit, who can see invisibility due to having Cosmic Awareness, magically teleports Edward in front of himself. "Not so fast. We need to talk about this before you just take it."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Somehow, Cassie is paying enough attention to wonder why George couldn't have just put the tissue in his pocket. Between him, the ice-using old man, and an invisible fighter whose taunting voice is probably Jason's, this monster group seems like it's under control. Cassie approaches the pale goblin and changes back into a form that can speak reliably.

"Psst! Hey! What's going on?" Cassie instinctively raises her arms when the anti-shriek turns to look at her. It doesn't help much. "Sorry, I don't know how to turn off the invisibility! Where did you all come from? Is there anything we can do to help you stop these guys?"
    The albino Shrieker strains to speak in a Human voice. He doesn't seem to be able to speak well at the moment. On closer inspection it appears he has a slowly healing wound on his throat.

Quote Originally Posted by gawwy View Post
    Spoiler: Mads(B) and Odin
    Show

"Please forgive my sudden departure old one eye, I need to go play a game of tag with the proprietor apparently." Mads bows his head respectfully and VORPs out.

Spoiler: Mads(C,B) and Emma
    Show

I sense zee annoyance, is subtle yes. I do ask what I have done to earn your ire, vitch Emma. I went and talked to zee vizard like you asked Ja? Mads(C) rambles through the door as he waits for his back up to vorp in.

Mads(B) vorps in at the end of the hall way so he could see Mads(C) and around the corner at the same time, making sure to have enough local teleport options to move around as needed to dodge Emmas attacks if needed.

"You ok to ta..." Mads sorta starts saying to Edward before remembering he might want to be sneaky beaky here.

"We.. Umm.. Have actually come to find if there are any survivors here in need of aid, Ja?" He says, totally recovering from his nearly accidental outing of most invisible Edward. "So how can ve help, Ja! He finishes with a broad smile.

Spoiler: Mads(A)(invisible) on the street
    Show

Mads(A) just invisibly watches team punch do punching and punch adjacent activities to these shreikers. Looking out for any sneaking up on them.
    @Emma
    Emma unleashes a telekinetic sheer, attempting to literally emasculate Mads. Clearly she is furious beyond reasoning. As if the universe is trying to warn Mads of something, he telekinetic slashing attack misses Mads, and castrates a figure a man inside of a painting, hanging on the wall.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2024-03-31 at 07:42 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220

RedWizardGuy

EDWARD

It seems these people may be more than they appear, still, Edward has nothing to hide (well apart from his outfit), so he replies in a conversational tone.
    "Oh I wasn't planning on taking it, not yet anyway, your friends in the lobby say it's the only thing keeping this place safe, just thought I'd have a closer look. I was going to just magic everyone here to our much safer base in Arizona, apparently it's going to be the literal and figurative center of the universe thanks to the whole reality merging thing." He pauses for a breath "Oh if you weren't already aware, apparently this whole mess is caused by many realities merging into one. Anyway, the delay, it seems one of the other residents is throwing a tantrum, so I'm waiting for another ally to either make her see reason, or find the actual owner of the place."
    He pauses again, twirling his wand over his head and becoming visible once more, no need to hide from the creatures outside this deep within and this man can clearly see him, besides, being invisible is probably a little offputting. He leaves the spells on others untouched.
    Tiem to move things onto his own, friendlier, terms. A flick of his wand has three comfortable armchairs, two side by side looking into the room for him and Mads, and a third facing them (and the entrance they came in by) for the suited spokesman/mage spring into existance. A wider sweep and a few cushioned benches like those sometimes seen along the walls of restaurants appear behind them for the rest of them. Edward takes a seat
    "I suggest we sit down and talk in the meantime, I'd certainly be interested to hear what's going on here, and why there's a second Spear of Destiny in the basement, and I'd be happy to answer any questions you have in turn."

11. - Top - End - #221

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler: Mads(D)(visible) and Edward(visible) with the survivors
    Show
    EDWARD"I suggest we sit down and talk in the meantime, I'd certainly be interested to hear what's going on here, and why there's a second Spear of Destiny in the basement, and I'd be happy to answer any questions you have in turn."
    Mads happily takes a seat.

Spoiler: Mads(A)(invisible) on the street with Cassie(also invisible)
    Show
    The albino Shrieker strains to speak in a Human voice. He doesn't seem to be able to speak well at the moment. On closer inspection it appears he has a slowly healing wound on his throat.
    Mads(A) invisibly sneaks closer to the albino Shrieker and pulls its throat injury onto the copy of himself in limbo. Hoping Cassie can talk with it now.

Spoiler: Mads(B,C)(Visible) and Emma
    Show
    @Emma
    Emma unleashes a telekinetic sheer, attempting to literally emasculate Mads. Clearly she is furious beyond reasoning. As if the universe is trying to warn Mads of something, he telekinetic slashing attack misses Mads, and castrates a figure a man inside of a painting, hanging on the wall.
    Mads(C) shrugs at Mads (B) from the doorway, Mads (B) flashes a thumbs up back at Mads (C) and nods.

Mads(C) takes a deep breath and vorps in behind Emma tapping her lightly on the shoulder.

"Tag you are it Ja!" Mads exclaims and vorps back out, arriving down the hallway from Mads(B).

Spoiler: Mads(E) not exisiting
    Show
    Mads(E) adds a throat injury to its list of ailments.
    Last edited by gawwy; 2024-04-03 at 07:13 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

EDWARD

"I suggest we sit down and talk in the meantime, I'd certainly be interested to hear what's going on here, and why there's a second Spear of Destiny in the basement, and I'd be happy to answer any questions you have in turn."
    "Okay." The white suited man stated. "The problem here is there's a great "Cataclysm" going on. Portals from a Dark World opened up, and monsters just poured out of it and are still coming. As for the Spears of Destiny. I'm a little confused on that myself. See, I'm a magician, and some of my power comes from the one from Austria. I know both of them are real, to a point though."
    "We're using the Museum as a safe zone for people to run to at the moment. We can't just up and go, except for the civies, of course."

Show

Mads happily takes a seat.

[spoiler=Mads(A)(invisible) on the street with Cassie(also invisible)]

Spoiler: Mads(E) not exisiting
    Show
    Mads(E) adds a throat injury to its list of ailments.
    Greatful, the Shrieker monster nodded towards Mads, feeling obliged.

"I can see invisibility. It has something to do with my "special type" of goblinoid." The monster then breaths before speaking. "We were stuck in a dark world. Not one pure evil, but one even a little worse than this. My tribe is under the thrall of the Dark Lord. He wishes to destroy as much of the Old Kingdom here as he can before entering the world. As for how we can stop the others, we need to enter that building." He gestures towards the Museum.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2024-04-05 at 07:01 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassie panics a little when she notices the special goblin's slashed throat, but he heals enough to speak before she can think of what to do about it.

"The Old Kingdom... I see." A genocidal invasion force, invading England. "In that building... you mean, we need the spear? Meaning it's probably the only weapon around that can hurt a Dark Lord, right?" She looks toward the museum. "I don't really know what things are like where you're from, but if this Dark Lord is the tyrant it sounds like, we'll be more than willing to help you bring him down. Maybe both of our worlds will be a little better off."

14. - Top - End - #224

RedWizardGuy

EDWARD
    "Okay." The white suited man stated. "The problem here is there's a great "Cataclysm" going on. Portals from a Dark World opened up, and monsters just poured out of it and are still coming. As for the Spears of Destiny. I'm a little confused on that myself. See, I'm a magician, and some of my power comes from the one from Austria. I know both of them are real, to a point though."
    "We're using the Museum as a safe zone for people to run to at the moment. We can't just up and go, except for the civies, of course."
    "The Cataclysm, to our admittedly incomplete knowledge, seems to be a global phenomenon, though exactly what's coming through seems to vary by location, we had some earthquakes but were mostly insulated and the beings who came out of the only portal there were much friendlier, they're who really needs the spear. And they really only need one, so the one in the basement should work, we came not for the spear specifically, but for any sufficiently magical and important artifact, we just don't really know where any others of similar calibre are."

"Still, like I said, we're not going to leave until things calm down back at our base, any idea how we could help with those portals?"

15. - Top - End - #225

HalfOrcPirate

Show
    EDWARD
    "The Cataclysm, to our admittedly incomplete knowledge, seems to be a global phenomenon, though exactly what's coming through seems to vary by location, we had some earthquakes but were mostly insulated and the beings who came out of the only portal there were much friendlier, they're who really needs the spear. And they really only need one, so the one in the basement should work, we came not for the spear specifically, but for any sufficiently magical and important artifact, we just don't really know where any others of similar calibre are."

"Still, like I said, we're not going to leave until things calm down back at our base, any idea how we could help with those portals?"
    Mad(D) simply nods along with Edward, he was asking good questions, no need to get in the way.

Show
    Cassie panics a little when she notices the special goblin's slashed throat, but he heals enough to speak before she can think of what to do about it.

"The Old Kingdom... I see." A genocidal invasion force, invading England. "In that building... you mean, we need the spear? Meaning it's probably the only weapon around that can hurt a Dark Lord, right?" She looks toward the museum. "I don't really know what things are like where you're from, but if this Dark Lord is the tyrant it sounds like, we'll be more than willing to help you bring him down. Maybe both of our worlds will be a little better off."
    Mads (D) suspects that Cassie hasn't noticed him somehow, which gives him a perfect opportunity to set up a prank... In all seriousness he worries about there being another powerful entity that they would need to either politic with or disable, that meant there was Emma, the caster in the mueseum, the Dark Lord and about 20 "gods" Mads might need to start a relationship diagram somewhere to keep track. Maybe he could lure Emma out of her room and set it up in there, he'd get a kick out of that for sure.

Show

Mads (C) and Mads (B) wait around the corner from her door waiting for the outburst of rage they had expected from the witch. They shrug at each other. Mads (C) carefully pokes his head around the corner to look into the hallway that Emmas door is in.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"You can't take the Spear, it's needed, THEY are needed to maintain The Barrier around The Museum. Though I do appreciate that there are people who can stand up to my species in a fight."

EDWARD

"Well, although there is nothing quite as strong as The Spear here, we do have some things from many parts of the world that are magical at the moment. Maybe at least one of those should suffice? As for the Portal, I don't know, exactly. The portals are a way off in the outskirts of the city. "

Show

Mad(D) simply nods along with Edward, he was asking good questions, no need to get in the way.

Show

Mads (D) suspects that Cassie hasn't noticed him somehow, which gives him a perfect opportunity to set up a prank... In all seriousness he worries about there being another powerful entity that they would need to either politic with or disable, that meant there was Emma, the caster in the mueseum, the Dark Lord and about 20 "gods" Mads might need to start a relationship diagram somewhere to keep track. Maybe he could lure Emma out of her room and set it up in there, he'd get a kick out of that for sure.

Show

Mads (C) and Mads (B) wait around the corner from her door waiting for the outburst of rage they had expected from the witch. They shrug at each other. Mads (C) carefully pokes his head around the corner to look into the hallway that Emmas door is in.
    Emma stares menacingly. Finally resorting to more dirty tricks, she telekinetically grabs Mads and brings him towards her, brandishing a knife.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2024-04-12 at 10:23 AM.

17. - Top - End - #227

RedWizardGuy

EDWARD

"Oh, what else do you have here?"

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

EDWARD

"Oh, what else do you have here?"
    "We've got The Silver Arm of Nuada. An artifact from one of the powerful Celtic gods of Ireland. We don't know if it's actually his, but it's clearly extremely powerful."

19. - Top - End - #229

RedWizardGuy

EDWARD

Edward doesn't really know what that is, but if anything it sounds better suited to the task than the Spear.

"That sounds perfect for our needs, I'll go take a look for it, with that we may well be able to get some extra help, it should expand their reach."