Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Supernatural Isekai IC *Still Recruiting*

Quote Originally Posted by Lewascan2 View Post
    Mia Mathers
    Team Stalker

Mia's eyes widened in surprise and burgeoning elation. She hadn't thought she'd run across a solution for her biggest obstacle right now, but if this was legitimate, she'd be a fool not to accept. Sporting the first genuine smile she'd worn since arriving in this world, Mia nodded firmly. "I don't know if the others will have any reason to turn you down, but for my own part, I'll gladly accept. Thank you. Sincerely."

Even recalling the vague threat Emma had levied towards the group before parting ways about breaking free, there was no hesitation in Mia's heart. How did that saying go? She'd rather die free than live a slave? Yes, even though she wasn't certain what she'd do next, she knew that this needed to happen before anything else. Of course, she didn't dismiss Emma's threats entirely. Running away at this stage wasn't likely feasible. And besides, she still hoped to exact some sort of retribution against her captor. So, for now, the smart play was probably to pretend to still be compelled even once she was free and stick with the summoned group... at least until an opportunity to put an end to this "partnership" arose.

In the meanwhile, she carefully filed away the additional information about Emma and the Supremes that Morty had supplied, along with the apparent implication that he was also a wizard of some stripe, just like his apprentice. She mentally corrected her prior assumption of his nature. But also... "Familiar with the concept of alternate dimensions, then?" That seemed clear enough, given he'd shown no confusion over the concept of summoning people from another world. "You clearly know a lot more than us about this world. Even though you've been stuck out of the loop for a while, I don't suppose you know what's been happening to the local witches? The entire reason we were summoned is because Emma is falling into a pit of paranoia over the disappearance of members of her kind. She's been fingering wizards as a whole for being responsible, but personally, I can't help but be skeptical."
    "Here's the thing. I'm one of the last wizards born on planet Earth. I haven't found more than a handful of other Wizards in all my two hundred seventy five years. Wizards aren't necessarily as close knit in communities like witches are. But Mordos did say something about the witches and wizard's fate merging into one another. I don't know what that means, but Mordos DID also say something about stopping something so destructive he needed help from others to stop it. He decided instead of draining my soul, he'd need to sacrifice me if the time came for a "Double portion of his power."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Team Study - Cassie

Spoiler: Recap
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ArlEammon View Post
    "Well, you've all come to the right place. All I need to do now is see your expertise in action." He snaps his fingers, and you all seem to appear in the vastness of space.

George begins to panic.
    Quote Originally Posted by gawwy View Post
    "Neat"
    "You didn't seem to do any hand or vand vaving and there was no incantation. Is all magic that fast to execute?"

After going wide-eyed from the sudden change of scenery, Cassie's first instinct is to look at each of her teammates to make sure they're okay. Unless George is really in dire straits, she follows Sarah's lead and remains silent until the training course starts. This place has holodeck vibes written all over it.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2024-03-01 at 08:07 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mia Mathers
    Team Stalker

"Here's the thing. I'm one of the last wizards born on planet Earth. I haven't found more than a handful of other Wizards in all my two hundred seventy five years. Wizards aren't necessarily as close knit in communities like witches are. But Mordos did say something about the witches and wizard's fate merging into one another. I don't know what that means, but Mordos DID also say something about stopping something so destructive he needed help from others to stop it. He decided instead of draining my soul, he'd need to sacrifice me if the time came for a "Double portion of his power."
    Mia's brow furrowed in thought, one hand rising to rub her chin with a thumb. "If I recall... the way Emma spoke, it was like wizards were basically extinct by the present day. She was practically hysterical over the fact that so many of them have supposed shown up in the present." Crunching some mental numbers, Mia nodded to herself. "She claimed wizards had been nothing but fairy tales since the fall of Camelot 1500 years ago, but by your reckoning, you were born less than 300 years ago." The Stand User frowned. "Emma spoke like her claim was fact, but it has to be simple ignorance, right? The local wizards never truly went extinct; they've just been laying low? And moreover, if they were always still around, they must have been making an active effort to conceal themselves from witches? I'd wonder why."

The news of Mordos's intentions brought a curdle of concern to Mia's gut, as the punk girl wondered what that could all be about. "Witches and wizards... fate merging together?" A chill crawled down Mia's spine at the word; for in the Stand User cosmology, Fate was a very real and very dangerous thing. Immediately a rather wild theory leapt to mind that the ravenette with pink streaked hair couldn't help but voice. "I wonder if the disappearances of witches are linked to that... Witches disappear while wizards reappear... Like an..." Her brow furrowed, before she briefly worried her bottom lip with her upper teeth. "Like equivalent exchange..."

Mia's eyes widened, as another thing she recalled potentially clicked into place. She snapped the fingers of her free hand, looking baffled. "Emma was practically hysterical, because she spoke of the wizards somehow knowing things they shouldn't, knowing people in ways they shouldn't. She said they were interacting with witches as if they'd known them all their lives, even when the witches didn't know them at all."

Mia paused, organizing her thoughts over the absurd conclusion she was drawing with the present information. It seemed so far-fetched, but... "Could it possibly be that the reason wizards are reappearing is because history, fate itself, is being rewritten? As the fates of both wizards and witches are being merged, the one in the majority is being exchanged for the minority, balancing them out until they become equal. The witches are distributed a share of the 'fate of extinction' wizards should have suffered, and wizards in turn are distributed the 'fate of survival' that witches once monopolized." In a lot of ways, it sounded crazy, but as absurd as it was, it actually made a certain amount of sense. She'd need to gather more evidence, but this was Mia's going theory. "I can't even... imagine how this could have started happening, the sheer power it would require... Could any wizard possibly be responsible for such a thing? And if not them, who? And why?" she wondered aloud, before snorting and rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly. "Or maybe I'm just tweaking out and going on a tinfoil hat tangent." She grinned, shaking her head.

If her guess was even slightly correct, the scale of this disaster was... Well, it was almost enough for her to understand Emma's position. And then there was the cataclysm Mordos had been preparing for... Was that same event one and the same with whatever was altering Fate? Mordos had seemed like complete scum, but even scum could work with others when the world was on the line. He must be desperate. But now, assuming this cataclysm Mordos was preparing for was the same one that had caused the witches to start declining and wizards to reappear... Mia had to wonder just what result the perpetrator was even aiming for. Wizard supremacy? Witch extinction? Was it only the fates of wizards and witches being merged, or were other supernatural forces rising and falling unseen to this cataclysm?
    Last edited by Lewascan2; 2024-03-02 at 02:26 AM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    EDWARD

Edward files that comment about sensing power and potential away, not really an immediate concern, but interesting to hear.

"I'm all for letting Emma handle this guy, who knows, he might be behind a few other disappearences and she certainly seemed confident in her power, pity she vanished without leaving any method of communication."
    He turns to look at Mildred (not that he knows that's her name) "You know her right, do you have a number for her or something?"
    "Emma huh? Okay well, I can tell her what happened. I just need to get back to my apartment to my summoning circle."
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2024-03-02 at 11:31 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

EDWARD

"Thanks for the help, you had excellent timing. Before you do go, it occurs to me we never exchanged introductions, you can call me Edward."

Well, this is going in a direction Edward really didn't expect, the very stereotypically dressed witch is pretty helpful, the dangerous wizard they were meant to be spying on actually seems nicer and more informative than Emma, and something apocalyptic is happening.
    Mia certainly has an interesting theory, though given she's no better informed than he is, Edward's not about to leap onto that particular train.
    That offer to remove the geas is tempting, Edward isn't nearly so upset as the others, but he'd certainly rather have his freedom. Might not be worth pissing off Emma though, given that she's apparently one of the strongest witches, and therefore people, in this entire dimension, and he just asked someone to fetch her. It's not like he's been forced to do anything he wouldn't have done anyway. He doesn't say anything for now, waiting to see what Morty does.
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2024-03-02 at 01:35 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mia Mathers
    Team Stalker

"Emma huh? Okay well, I can tell her what happened. I just need to get back to my apartment to my summoning circle."
    Mia was dragged from her musings by the nosey witch's words, as she nodded, acknowledging the convenience of the neighbor's aid. "I had my doubts," she said to Mildred, "but your intuition was pretty accurate. Thanks for the help." In more ways than one! If it weren't for Mildred, they might not have been able to free Morty from the mirror and earn their own freedom from the geas as his gratitude.

Speaking of which...

Mia turned her attention back to Morty. "Well, I suppose if we're going to remove the geas, it's now or never." Before Emma was given reason to arrive. "So, how does this work? Will it take long, and would you be able to get all of us?" She jabbed a finger over her shoulder at Edward and in the direction of Jason and Rowan. "Those guys were also summoned with me." Mia could admit to some internal anxiety over the matter. After all, if she lost out on this chance, who knew when another might come along.
    Last edited by Lewascan2; 2024-03-02 at 01:35 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Mia Mathers
    Team Stalker

Mia was dragged from her musings by the nosey witch's words, as she nodded, acknowledging the convenience of the neighbor's aid. "I had my doubts," she said to Mildred, "but your intuition was pretty accurate. Thanks for the help." In more ways than one! If it weren't for Mildred, they might not have been able to free Morty from the mirror and earn their own freedom from the geas as his gratitude.

Speaking of which...

Mia turned her attention back to Morty. "Well, I suppose if we're going to remove the geas, it's now or never." Before Emma was given reason to arrive. "So, how does this work? Will it take long, and would you be able to get all of us?" Mia could admit to some internal anxiety over the matter. After all, if she lost out on this chance, who knew when another might come along.
    Mia Mathers
    Team Stalker

Speaking of which...

Mia turned her attention back to Morty. "Well, I suppose if we're going to remove the geas, it's now or never." Before Emma was given reason to arrive. "So, how does this work? Will it take long?" Mia could admit to some internal anxiety over the matter. After all, if she lost out on this chance, who knew when another might come along.
    Mildred smiled. "My name is Mildred. It's nice to meet you, Edward." Meanwhile, Mortimer/Morty was also in a pleasant mood. "Sure why not!" Snapping his fingers, he then answered Mia's question. "[B]Done! Normally removing a geas could take an hour or a little more, but since you already did some of the work by freeing me, the geas did not require a ritual to remove it."

"Okay, that's everyone. . . Now, this Hotel and Resort is the largest in the world. Why don't we all settle down for a nice meal in. . . All of a sudden, Mordos, aka Mortimer's doppleganger could be seen staring at the team of protagonists and helpful NPCs from inside his room. . . Mildred was gone at the moment, but she was getting Emma.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2024-03-02 at 01:58 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mia Mathers
    Team Stalker

Mildred smiled. "My name is Mildred. It's nice to meet you, Edward." Meanwhile, Mortimer/Morty was also in a pleasant mood. "Sure why not!" Snapping his fingers, he then answered Mia's question. "Done! Normally removing a geas could take an hour or a little more, but since you already did some of the work by freeing me, the geas did not require a ritual to remove it."

"Okay, that's everyone. . . Now, this Hotel and Resort is the largest in the world. Why don't we all settle down for a nice meal in. . . "All of a suddenly, Mordos, aka Mortimer's doppleganger could be seen staring at the team of protagonists and helpful NPCs from inside his room. . . Mildred was gone at the moment, but she was getting Emma.
    Mia inhaled sharply, suddenly feeling a metaphysical weight leave her shoulders that she hadn't even realized was there. Furthermore, maybe it was her imagination, but her thoughts almost seemed to run more smoothly. Yet, she couldn't tell what had changed. It was like whatever the geas had done, she'd not even realized what had changed. Unnerving. Still, she raised a brow at Morty's words, even as she smiled widely. "Name's Mia," she added her own introduction, because why not? She was finally in a good mood! "Hoh? So, breaking a geas has some sort of equivalent exchange aspec..."

Mia's words trailed off at the appearance of Mordos, a cold stone of dread dropping into her gut. Without hesitation, Mia found herself falling back on her Stand's perceptions, as [Star Platinum] manifested invisibly between her and Mordos. Having gone down the hallway away from the doorway, she was still too far away to reach him with her Stand, around 7 meters away. Getting closer would take precious moments... time she didn't have.

For a brief moment, it was as if time had come to a halt. Mia felt the thrum of her soul, as a deep reverberating sensation rippled out into the world, colors leeching from existence, the distant chorus of a ticking clock sounding in the back of the Stand User's consciousness. 「Star Platinum」 flashed from her position, inhumanly fast to-

"ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA!"

-tear into the white marble floor in front of her, ripping out and compressing rubble to-

Geh... It really is just a moment... barely half a second. 'Tch, time moves again.

-gether into an apple-sized ball that it cocked back like a baseball pitcher to-

Gasping for air from the effort of stopping time, her Stand's throwing motion sharply aborted, Mia's eyes widening and teeth grinding together in frustration, as she suddenly recalled that Rowan was somewhere in that area with Mordos, invisible. She didn't know enough about his powers to say if he could actually survive what she had been about to do, but if he was over there, she would no doubt hit him in the spray. "Damn it!" she quietly hissed to Edward, "I can't just fire blindly while allies are hidden!" Grinding her teeth together, chest still heaving in an effort to catch her breath, Mia could only helplessly lament that she was going to lose out in the initiative here, as she made to back up and put Edward and Morty between herself and the enemy. She ordered 「Star Platinum」, meanwhile, to help defend them, as she waited for her Time Stop cooldown to expire. It was her first time actually using the ability, and now, she fully understood why Jotaro had been strained by it. It wasn't something she could just use consecutively, not yet.
    Last edited by Lewascan2; 2024-03-03 at 05:09 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99

RedWizardGuy

EDWARD

Edward reacts quickly, though not as fast Mia, who ripped up the floor with her telekinesis way faster than he expected, she makes a fair point about disillusionment, it doesn't seem to have helped much, though maybe they were just heard, his first action is to end the spell on Jacob, Mia and himself (Rowan never needed it).
    Now for the offensive, three jets of red light leave his wand in quick succession, one to the warlock's left, another to his right and finally one in the middle. He's unsure how well it will work, on one hand this guy sure looks human, on the other hand he shrugged of Morty's ambush, so maybe he's magic resistant.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Mister Word'sworth/The Study Group
    George seems to be doing the Hokey Pokey, while the rest of the group's illusions have been dispelled. How odd.
    Well anyway, George is shuffled off to a pocket dimension to finish dancing while the rest of the group moves on.
    "Very well." Lindmer stated, satisfied with the other members of the team. "You have done well. Your first lessons. . . is firstly, you must learn, and speak your True Names. Learning your True Names will give you power, and thus you can invoke your True Names. As a wizard teaching you your True Names, I do not have the power to use them against you, as it is against my oaths." Taking a breath.
    "This is the Book Of Enlightenment. Merely read this Book, your True Name is written in it. Speak it. None of you can hear the other's name, and I can't, not only won't control you with it." ((OOC: State your True Name in the OOC.)
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2024-03-02 at 09:53 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101

HalfOrcPirate

Mister Word'sworth/The Study Group
    George seems to be doing the Hokey Pokey, while the rest of the group's illusions have been dispelled. How odd.
    Well anyway, George is shuffled off to a pocket dimension to finish dancing while the rest of the group moves on.
    "Very well." Lindmer stated, satisfied with the other members of the team. "You have done well. Your first lessons. . . is firstly, you must learn, and speak your True Names. Learning your True Names will give you power, and thus you can invoke your True Names. As a wizard teaching you your True Names, I do not have the power to use them against you, as it is against my oaths." Taking a breath.
    "This is the Book Of Enlightenment. Merely read this Book, your True Name is written in it. Speak it. None of you can hear the other's name, and I can't, not only won't control you with it." ((OOC: State your True Name in the OOC.)
    "Sure sure", says Mads as he waits patiently for his turn with the book. Slightly perturbed by George's disappearance, he would've expect him to be fine if it was indeed Emma in disguise. Maybe he had made the wrong call.

"Is he going to be ok?" he asks, feeling guilty for not taking him seriously.

"[B]Thank you, lets see what god calls me behind my back.[B]" He says as he accepts the book.

He flips open the heavy gold tome to its first page, a minutely thin golden page with a mirror finish, he turns it to see another identical mirror. Then another, and another he pages through quicker and quicker making no progress through the book. "Huh was this thing blank for anyone ellllllsss Mads trails off ass the pages flicker past impossibly fast, his reflection changing slightly each time.

The effect is hypnotizes Mads and a sense of vertigo washes over him as he falls into the fluttering pages of the book letting out an involuntary yelp.

Mads falls through the void surrounded by uncountably many earths, all rapidly approaching him as he tumbles.

Instead of hitting the floor mads is treat to a rapid progression of flashes of what he realizes to be alternate versions of himself, some from previous jumps he couldn't recall others just stood in alternative worlds, after what felt like an eternaty a word booms out searing itself across his brain.

Polymundus

Then Mads flips over one more time falling out of the book and snapping back into his body with a resounding gong, followed by silence.

His knees feely wobbly and Mads looks up to see the wizard watching him.

"oh" he lests out quietly. That was a hell of a read he says still shaken and hands the book to the next victim student.

"Whats next? I say my name right? It seems a bit weird to introduce myself a third time today but hi Im

Polymundus
    Last edited by gawwy; 2024-03-02 at 11:17 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

Team Russian Stealth

Jason just about jumped a foot off the ground as his speed-reading was suddenly interrupted by the sound of pulverized stone behind him. As signals go, it was one hell of a good one. Mordos wasn't likely to have the best of intentions for them; taking in the scene, Jason reacted to the floating ball of rubble held in front of the telekine and threw out his left arm in a sweeping motion. Four of the five rings on that arm launched out in a wide arc, circling around Mordos and passing in front of the party before looping back around to Jason, a shining golden band of energy linking them as he caught the fifth ring with his right hand. He yanked back hard, attempting to throw the wizard to the ground with a savage jerking motion, before the energy dissipated and the rings flew back to his hands. He grabbed the journal from where it had fallen and scooped up the spellbook as he rushed to get clear of whatever Mia was about to do to this room with a musket-load of cracked and pulverized stone.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

Team Study - Cassie

Blue text girl receives the magic book. From her perspective, Polymundus only had the thing for a second. She supposes that its pages just kind of... manifest the true name of whoever holds it?

In her case, that's all that happens. She leers at it for a second. It doesn't seem very profound at first glance.

"Cassandra Pellius Whatever."

Her first name, the one she chose for herself. Her family name, a weird anglicized spelling of the Greek Peleus, which she retained. Her Epithet, appended at the end by a witch who conjured her into a new existence. Three words, with three syllables each. She understands them all.

...she passes the book over to Sarah.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2024-03-03 at 02:56 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Barbarian in the Playground

While the others were dealing with what was called the real Morty, Rowan was listening intently to the mind of Mordos with their telepathy. They wouldn't be able to hear too deep yet, this wasn't a skill they were familiar with, but they could hear the surface thoughts, and could spend time digging down deeper. It would take effort to really dig into the thoughts. But the arrival of the helpful nosey witch had broken their concentration causing them to look away from Mordos.

Suddenly Mordos was up and Rowan leaped away from Mordos but was still between the Warlock and the group. Frowning for a moment they felt the time-stop power trigger and it took a little effort to adjust to it before it ended. Rowan was never a fighter, but they possessed numerous abilities to fight now. They were still invisible and decided while they might be able to do damage to the warlock, they also needed information, perhaps more than they could glean from his sleeping mind.

Rowan would become visible as they phased through the ball of rubble that Mia had created as if it weren't there. "Trouble" they said and looked back toward the Warlock "We need information, we can't kill him." the androgynous person said to Mia "Least not yet".

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Mordos Fight

Struck by numerous stunning spells, Mordos is managing to move, though he moves with difficulty. Meanwhile, Jason knocks him to the ground with his expertly managed martial arts attack, giving Mortimer/Morty the opportunity to unleash a simply conjured lightning bolt against the demon warlock. Mordos is struck with convulsive electricity, which courses through his body, as he unleashes a demonic shriek which fills the air. Still speaking with Emma, Mildred's reinforcements still hasn't arrived yet.

Not so much hurt, so much as annoyed and infuriated, Mordos begins to stand. . .

Word'sworth

George manages to stop dancing, and waited for the Book of Enlightenment. On taking the Book, he looked into the blank pages for his name and winced. "It's George."
    "George. . . ?"
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2024-03-03 at 03:28 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mia Mathers
    Team Russian Stealth

Mordos Fight

Struck by numerous stunning spells, Mordos is managing to move, though he moves with difficulty. Meanwhile, Jason knocks him to the ground with his expertly managed martial arts attack, giving Mortimer/Morty the opportunity to unleash a simply conjured lightning bolt against the demon warlock. Mordos is struck with convulsive electricity, which courses through his body, as he unleashes a demonic shriek which fills the air. Still speaking with Emma, Mildred's reinforcements still hasn't arrived yet.

Not so much hurt, so much as annoyed and infuriated, Mordos begins to stand. . .
    Things started happening very quickly indeed, as Mia’s thoughts flew like the wind. Despite her prior concerns, the team fell into synch with admirable precision and coordination, taking Mordos to the ground with their combined efforts. Mia’s eyes narrowed at the lackluster effect of Edward’s unknown spells, however. Were those intended to be nonlethal? She shook her head, dragging her thoughts back to the present.

”I doubt we have that luxury…” she muttered to the reappeared Rowan’s assertion that taking the warlock alive was preferable. In theory, Mia would agree… In practice, now informed enough to hopefully avoid friendly fire, she didn’t hesitate for a second.

Mia lunged forward, feeling like her heart was no longer beating too fast, her breathing merely a bit deep rather than low gasps, as she changed her angle in relation to Mordos, ensuring what was behind him was largely Morty’s room, rather than the hotel’s hallway. There was a whip-crack of displaced air, as 「Star Platinum」 wound up and hurled the large handful of shattered marble it held in an underhanded throw at Mordos. The mass of rubble skipped off the smooth tiles of the hotel floor and immediately shattered violently, sending a wide, nearly supersonic spray of shrapnel tearing through the air all across Mordos’s general direction. The shower of rubble would normally violently eviscerate a mundane human. Though it might not punch through the walls of Morty’s hotel room, depending on how it was warded, there would still be quite the dangerous spray through the open doorway behind Mordos.

Whatever the result, Mia wasn’t idle. As soon as the rubble left 「Star Platinum’s」hand, her Stand flickered back to her position, overlaying her body and kicking off the floor explosively, leaving a small crater and sending Mia hurtling towards Mordos, hoping to close the distance before he could regain his bearings. Mindful of her allies, the angle of Mia’s lunge still left Mordos wide open to ranged attacks from her allies with little risk of Mia being in the crossfire as long as they had half-decent aim.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Mordos VS Team Stealth
    @Rowan
    Rowan can hear the surface thoughts of Mordos. They are disturbing. In his thoughts he is massacring the party members and Mortimer in very disturbing ways with a knife. However, Mordos, taking the pelting and his skin shredding shrapnel launched at his person, was covered in unusually small wounds. . . it seemed he was regenerating very quickly. Meanwhile, he took a deep gasp of air and quickly made hand signals, casting some form of spell against his enemies. The entire apartment was suddenly pitch black, and the door slammed shut to his apartment. You could tell from his surface thoughts that he was intent on slicing the party up with his claws, which he transformed his fingers into. Suddenly, he managed to telekinetically target the enemies outside and inside the apartment, and was fiercely jerking them all inside.

Mildred's door opens on the other side of the hallway. . .

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

Team Russian Stealth VS Mordos the Demon Warlock

Jason's eyebrows lifted as the group's telekine began to close to melee combat at speed instead of throwing more rubble bombs. He followed her into the room, the darkness making him hesitate slightly, before a sudden telekinetic pressure started dragging him violently inside. Thinking fast, he spun around, swinging two quick jabs at either side of the door frame. Eight of the Ten Rings flew off his arms to embed themselves in the stonework, a network of glowing golden bands forming a cat's cradle over the door behind him and hopefully keeping anyone from outside from getting dragged into this mess. "I'll set him up, you knock him down, Mia," he said, taking a deep breath and sliding one foot in a wide arc around himself, centering himself and preparing to receive an attack from Mordos, one shimmering gold ring on each wrist, palms open. If Mordos tried to attack him, he ought to be able to hear the movement and react. The telekine who ripped stone out of the floor could definitely hit harder than he could while eight of his rings were tied up negating the warlock's attempt to turn the fight into a brawl in the dark.

19. - Top - End - #109

RedWizardGuy

EDWARD

Edward isn't all that surprised to see the warlock still moving, though it's still a little disappointing the most efficient combat spell he knows doesn't work.

As the group are pulled forwards he acts quickly, a simple transfiguration has the stone floor grow up to hold him in place, then he turns his wand on Mordos, a stream of fire blazing forth to roast the man.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mia Mathers
    Battle With Mordos

The blast of stone shrapnel hadn't hurt Mordos much, and unfortunately, it had even knocked him back from her a bit further. Yet, Mia didn't fret over that inconvenience, because the tradeoff was worth it. She now knew that less than 「Star Platinum’s」 full power was enough to hurt this guy. He was more resilient than a normal man, could even apparently regenerate... but that wouldn't matter if she got close enough to make him catch hands directly.

Does your regeneration have a limit? Shall we find out?

Mia's eyes narrowed, as the warlock flashed through somatic casting motions, filling the room he'd landed in with darkness. When the telekinetic force struck her and began yanking the Stand User forward a smidge faster, she had mixed feelings, as she fell back on her Stand's enhanced perceptions to think. On the one hand, she really didn't want to get pulled into an obvious trap- "ORA!" -which an ineffectual punch from 「Star Platinum」 to the wall beside the doorframe revealed would be hard to escape. Not to mention, there was no-one else in the room right now. If she just caught herself on the doorframe, she could stop anyone else from getting dragged in as well. She didn't know what effects the magical darkness might have either, and facing the warlock in a prepared battlefield didn't typically smack of common sense.

But on the other hand, this was exactly the direction she wanted to be going. After all...

I can't beat the hell out of you without getting closer.

Resolved to her course of action, Mia allowed herself to be dragged through the doorway, plunging into darkness, before 「Star Platinum」overlaid her body more firmly and forcibly ripped her from the telekinetic grasp with its super strength. Hovering a few inches off the floor under her own "telekinetic" power, Mia glared around the murk blindly, before a skidding noise and bloom of golden light earned a brief glance over her shoulder at the arrival of Jason to the party. The darkness obscured nearly everything, but she could at least determine Jason and the door's locations by the dim golden glow piercing through the pitch-black murk.

Hearing Jason's simple yet attractive plan, Mia chuckled and dropped to the ground, quickly shifting to stand back-to-back with the ring-bearer. Grinning ferally, she raised her fists and forearms in a tight guarding position before her face and torso, 「Star Platinum」 practically bristling in anticipation beneath her skin. "Sounds good to me," she replied, bracing herself for an incoming attack from her unseen foe. Focusing on her Stand's inhumanly keen senses, Mia listened for movement in the darkness, searched for disturbances in the air.

All the while, her grin gained a sharper edge to it, as she felt the remains of her earlier bout of lingering strain finally wear off, her body no longer aching from the new form of exertion. Time Stop was ready again, and Mia prepared to act. Centering herself, she inhaled deeply... and focused.

Remember, Mia, you can control time. You must believe in that absolute fact with unwavering conviction. It must be like breathing to you, a trivial accomplishment. You must truly believe it is only perfectly natural for you to do it, that there is nothing unordinary about the feat for you! Your strength will grow. Now that you know you can stop time, your capacity will be self-reinforced with every use. Believe that! That is the secret to mastering this power.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Barbarian in the Playground

Rowan
    Battle with Mordos

Rowan was reading the fiends mind, so could gather a bit of useful intel. Like his sadistic nature and his desire for pain and destruction. But also that the darkness felt good, made them feel so much stronger. This unsettled Rowan, they didn't have a darkness power, so they were not at home in the dark like Mordos. Instinctually they reached out for a source of light, finding nothing their hands erupted into blue flame that danced brightly over their skin but did not seem to affect their clothing at all. It would, unless Mordos' power devoured light or somehow obstructed it, bath the area in blue light. "He's stronger in the dark" they cried out as their hands roared with fire.

"He wants to do unspeakable things to us." they added coldly their eyes glued on the evil man before them. "Think the lady will be mad if I catch the building on fire?" they asked as an afterthought. But at least the area might be filled with light, they could see, which might help them fight.

Powers Used:
    Pyrokinesis (advanced) - Blue Flame (2600 - 3000 degrees F)

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Mordos
    Struck by the attacks, the multiple blows were causing him minor pains, though his body was being knocked around. As he was about to be knocked down, he struggled, successfully to keep his ground, though it took some effort.
    The demon in the magical darkness was currently humanoid. He was about to transform into an arachnid demon monster, but for now, his fury towards Rowan was worst. "I'll SWALLOW YOUR SOUL!" The monster declared with an ear splitting, sonic boom for a voice. The windows burst open and all glass in the apartment shattered. The magic of the Hotel wing prevented the fires from Rowan from catching to the building it'self, but the light source was interferring a little with the monster's empowerment. Acting on his newfound opportunity, though the light then revealed that he had morphed into a large, monsterous demon, he immediately acted, biting towards Rowan and Mia with alacrity.

Mildred and Emma were walking towards the apartment, noticing the noise, which though magically contained in the apartment, was still disconcerting to anyone who heard it in the hall. Turning towards the pitch black, red flickering apartment, Emma scowled. Meanwhile, the fire spell cast from Edward was causing little harm to the magical fire demon.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2024-03-04 at 02:55 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113

HalfOrcPirate

Team Study
    Word'sworth

George manages to stop dancing, and waited for the Book of Enlightenment. On taking the Book, he looked into the blank pages for his name and winced. "It's George."
    "George. . . ?"
    Mads looks quizzically at George, "So you embody the archetype of George, interesting, I probably owe you an apology then. I was totally expecting you to be Emma in disguise. But Kinda hard to fool a truename. Wait does that mean you control the taxation of land?"

After giving George a chance to respond he looks to Wordsworth.
    "Not going to lie was expecting the first lesson to be somthing like, go kill a dozen wolves or somthing, learning truenames is pretty sweet. Whats next on the books teach?"

24. - Top - End - #114
    Colossus in the Playground

"..."

"Huh,"
    Sarah finally says. "That's... Something."
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Team Study

Mads looks quizzically at George, "So you embody the archetype of George, interesting, I probably owe you an apology then. I was totally expecting you to be Emma in disguise. But Kinda hard to fool a truename. Wait does that mean you control the taxation of land?"

After giving George a chance to respond he looks to Wordsworth.
    "Not going to lie was expecting the first lesson to be somthing like, go kill a dozen wolves or somthing, learning truenames is pretty sweet. Whats next on the books teach?"
    George wonders how to answer Mad's question. "I guess."
    "For now, learning the True Names is all there is. You have a day to do whatever else you want."

26. - Top - End - #116

HalfOrcPirate

George wonders how to answer Mad's question. "I guess."
    "For now, learning the True Names is all there is. You have a day to do whatever else you want."
    I would like to spend at least a portion of my day being briefed on this apocalypse that needs canceling? Seems like zee most important thing. Details too please, I do hate playing zee pronoun game.
    Last edited by gawwy; 2024-03-04 at 03:59 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I would like to spend at least a portion of my day being briefed on this apocalypse that needs canceling? Seems like the most important thing. Details too please, I hate playing the pronoun game.
    "Ah. Okay. Well, I don't know how to put this in layman's language. . . The forces of reincarnation and destiny are at odds."
    "No. That's not it. Okay, here's something as simple as I can make it. There are deities of different worlds that are very powerful."
    "Imagine, if you will, that there are many diplomatic problems between rulers, in this instance, rulers of entire dimensions."
    "Something very very bad is going to happen soon that no one is likely to stop, and relations between rulers is not likely to improve."
    "So, us wizards are a sort of an army of "mitigation" so to speak."

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Team Study - Cassie

Cassie listens intently to the cagey wizard. On the inside, she's kicking herself for actually saying her name when she could have held back as Sarah did.

"Um, you keep saying something is going to happen, but you're avoiding saying what it is... is that because the something is a secret, or because you don't really know? Or is it that you don't know, but it's a secret that you don't know, so you have to act like you know...?"
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2024-03-04 at 04:13 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Team Study - Cassie

Cassie listens intently to the cagey wizard. On the inside, she's kicking herself for actually saying her name when she could have held back as Sarah did.

"Um, you keep saying something is going to happen, but you're avoiding saying what it is... is that because the something is a secret, or because you don't really know? Or is it a secret that you don't know?"
    "I know of many things that COULD happen. Only a few of these things are certain to happen. Soon, a magical asteroid, which is already nearing Sol, will merge dimensions and infuse the entire universe with magical energy. We don't know when the comet's power will merge the realms, whether it will be before it even enters Sol, or it could even be in a few years."

"The Benefactor, and other Higher Powers know that the merging worlds will happen. Soon. Just not precisely when. When that happens, The Merging will change the very species of intelligent Humans, may even change the laws of physics and create talking, intelligent animals out of the normal beasts, and cause great chaos." He takes another breath. "We must make sure to stall this if possible, to prevent the loss of lives, the fall of governments, and other unfortunate events that will occur as a fallout of this."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

"Merging?" Cassie blinks. "Um, so... you say it's going to happen soon, as in, you don't think it's already happened? Is happening?"

She pauses as though for a response, but there aren't a lot of things Wordsworth can say to change her follow-up.

"...how long have you been cooped up in this hotel?"