New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Scion: Hero (OOC)

@kaworu, you didn't receive the first message, only the mail. The message was send only to Brand.
    Hi ;-)

I know, but I could swear that Brand has send us later info with his location, asking for help? I mean, the forum is kinda lagging so I cannot send you a quote, but I really believe it was like that? And this is what I have been refering to.

Of course, I could have misread something, then of course I am very sorry.

ALSO: the forum is not showing me this "post bar" with URL, quote, spoiler, fonts, colors and other options. Is it meant to be like that? Pretty hard to write a response now... :-(
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    Hi ;-)

I know, but I could swear that Brand has send us later info with his location, asking for help? I mean, the forum is kinda lagging so I cannot send you a quote, but I really believe it was like that? And this is what I have been refering to.

Of course, I could have misread something, then of course I am very sorry.

ALSO: the forum is not showing me this "post bar" with URL, quote, spoiler, fonts, colors and other options. Is it meant to be like that? Pretty hard to write a response now... :-(
    Brand did text the rest of the team, but not requesting help, just letting them know that if they got into trouble he might not be able to help them (since he would be out of position).
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

My epic appearance is positive yes.

By the way are they selling liquor or is it more of a by invitation only event?

I was thinking about bringing some as a ticket.
    Last edited by Justanotherhero; 2024-03-26 at 07:48 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Colossus in the Playground

They don't appear to be charging anyone for liquor, and the party is officially open to every student at the university.

Neither of which necessarily stops Julian from bringing liquor, of course.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Brand did text the rest of the team, but not requesting help, just letting them know that if they got into trouble he might not be able to help them (since he would be out of position).
    Oh, I am sorry, it seems I did misread that part x_x Shall I edit my post? And into what exactly? I'm kinda lost, to be honest...

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    Oh, I am sorry, it seems I did misread that part x_x Shall I edit my post? And into what exactly? I'm kinda lost, to be honest...
    That's fine. Here's the timeline: Before the party, Liliana decided to follow a satyr who left their frat-house. She texted Brand, asking for backup in case things went wrong. Brand (who had been spending the afternoons sitting in the campus library, waiting in case anyone needed backup like this) then texted the rest of the group, letting them know what was happening, and that he'd be busy for a bit backing up Liliana. The whole thing was pretty uneventful, though.

If you want an idea for what to change the post to (if you want to change the post), you could always describe what Mateusz and Helena were doing in the three days before the party.

@Kish, I assume I need to roll something to work the crowd like I'm planning. I'm guessing Charisma+Presence, or maybe Manipulation+Presence?
    Last edited by PoeticallyPsyco; 2024-03-27 at 09:50 AM.
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

7. - Top - End - #97

Yes, Brand and Julian both, please roll Charisma+Presence. Everyone there, please roll Perception+Empathy.

Also, when you tell the story, are you aiming to emphasize the dagger, or for it to be one detail among the others?

(8d10)[7][8][8][3][7][8][5][7](53)

8. - Top - End - #98

BardGuy

Cha (4) + Presence (1) + 1 Stunt? + 1 Auto success Epic Charisma

(5d10)[2][9][2][9][4](26)

Per 2 + Empathy 1 + Epic Perception 1 Auto success

(3d10)[6][10][2](18)

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Definitely emphasizing the dagger; it's the central plot point of the (rewritten) story.

Brand spends a Willpower as well.

Charisma+Presence:
    (7d10)[8][7][5][5][5][3][10](43) + 1 Will
    Optimization Trophies

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Forgot the Perception+Empathy:
    (4d10)[5][3][4][8](20)

BTW, how are we handling stunts? Do we have to request a stunt, is it honor system, or do you let us know when we've earned one?
    Optimization Trophies

11. - Top - End - #101

I'll say if something you've described qualifies for a stunt...but I am mortal and, thus, more likely to notice it qualifying for one if it's pointed out to me, so feel free to ask too.

Yes, in this case that is worth a 1-die stunt for Julian, and the story itself is worth a 2-die stunt for Brand. (Which you can also regain Willpower or Legend for.)

12. - Top - End - #102

Planetar

(2d10)[2][1](3) Per Empathy

13. - Top - End - #103

Planetar

That is a botch on my Perception Empathy roll

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    I'll say if something you've described qualifies for a stunt...but I am mortal and, thus, more likely to notice it qualifying for one if it's pointed out to me, so feel free to ask too.

Yes, in this case that is worth a 1-die stunt for Julian, and the story itself is worth a 2-die stunt for Brand. (Which you can also regain Willpower or Legend for.)
    Awesome. I... think that 5 successes should be enough, and am going to regain Legend with that stunt.
    Optimization Trophies

15. - Top - End - #105

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticallyPsyco View Post
    Awesome. I... think that 5 successes should be enough, and am going to regain Legend with that stunt.
    You gain bonus dice AND you gain Legend or Willpower, not one or the other.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

(6d10)[7][5][6][7][6][2](33) + 1 auto success from epic perception.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Benoojian View Post
    You gain bonus dice AND you gain Legend or Willpower, not one or the other.
    Huh, you're right, I'd misread that section.

The extra two dice:
    (2d10)[10][3](13)
    Optimization Trophies

18. - Top - End - #108

BardGuy

One stunt dice.

(1d10)[5](5)

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

My Empathy + Perception:

(4d10)[3][6][9][3](21)

ALSO:

1. I believe I should update the CS with additional dot in Athletics and Brawl?

2. I kinda do not know how to edit the post (I believe I should), I will just delete its contents - is everybody fine with it?

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Is this another case where if I have no dots in Awareness I take a 2-die penalty? Because if so, I get no roll at all.

If not:
    (1d10)[5](5)
    Optimization Trophies

21. - Top - End - #111

No, but that's a failure, so whatever you might have noticed you did not.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Hmm, perhaps I should be using Brehon's Eye on this gentleman. Would be very interested to know whether he has Dark Virtues or not.

BTW, should I also be putting my IC posts in spoilers, since I'm literally and figuratively behind closed doors?
    Optimization Trophies

23. - Top - End - #113

Up to you, in both cases. But please roll Perception+Empathy.

Also, everyone who is now in the hallway outside the office, please roll Dexterity+Stealth, with a two-die penalty if you don't have the Stealth skill.
    Last edited by Kish; 2024-03-30 at 09:03 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

My Stealth + Dexterity Roll:

(1d10)[10](10) (PLUS 1 automatic success from Epic Dexterity)

Also, I updated my character sheet - please, look if you see the new version, okay? ;-)

EDIT: AH, one more thing! I increased both Athletics and Brawl - are there some values I should recalculate?
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2024-03-30 at 11:05 PM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

(6d10)[3][5][3][2][9][8](30) stealth

26. - Top - End - #116

Yes, I see the updated sheet with the added levels. Let me see...

Dash should be 11. (Not recalculation, it's just put as equal to Move when it should be [Dexterity + {Epic Dexterity x 2} + 6].)

Dodge DV is now 5. ([Dexterity + Athletics + Legend] / 2 + Epic Dexterity).
    Parry DV is now 4. ([Dexterity + Brawl] / 2 + Epic Dexterity).

Jump is 10. ([Strength + Athletics + 1 for Epic Strength 1] x 2) for horizontal jumping.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Perception+Empathy:
    (4d10)[2][4][8][7](21)
    Optimization Trophies

28. - Top - End - #118

(7d10)[2][1][10][2][9][8][10](42)..........

29. - Top - End - #119

Brand, please roll Charisma+Presence.

Mateusz, please roll Appearance+Presence.

Liliana, if you come into the office, then please roll...the former if you make a verbal pitch, the latter if you stay silent.

(5d10)[2][1][7][6][9](25)

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

I don't have presence (might want to change that soonish, seems like an oversight XD) so I'll remain outside to observe.