New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Scion: Hero (OOC)

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticallyPsyco View Post
    Also, does anyone want a Vigil Brand before the mission? I can place up to 7 of them before running out of Legend, but as far as I can tell they don't expire, so better to place them early and then regain the Legend later.
    Strange magic I have never seen before. Oh yes please.
    Julian would watch it with the Unlided Eye because well curiousity if you are ok with that?

By the way, how old is everyone's character? I'm trying to picture who could pass as a student and who would need some other cover story. I made Brand 22 years old; on the upper bound for an undergraduate, but he started college late.

Age wise I see Osiris having had a hand in „guiding“ Julian’s education which would put him at 25 almost 26. Although I see him looking a bit older and like Osiris just not really changing a lot with time.

@Kish also character idea since I am reviewing his CV. I did not write it in the original character backstory. But would it be ok if he has a B.A in Japanese? I can see Osiris guiding him in that direction. The diving certifications probably happened in the Mediterranean.
    (Academics rating is 3 and I think with divine Intelligence I might be able to pull that off?)
    Last edited by Justanotherhero; 2024-03-13 at 10:46 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

Yes, that's fine.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Justanotherhero View Post
    Strange magic I have never seen before. Oh yes please.
    Julian would watch it with the Unlided Eye because well curiousity if you are ok with that?
    No problem!

EDIT: Though if I'm reading this right, it will cause us to become Fatebound. Since Scions can't be forced into a Fatebound Role, though, I think that would only cause coincidence to throw us together more frequently?
    Last edited by PoeticallyPsyco; 2024-03-14 at 12:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

4. - Top - End - #64

Scions can absolutely be Fatebound. (The first core book even mentions offhandedly that one of the reasons gods don't fight each other, is that any significant fight between two gods is likely to leave them both thoroughly Fatebound to each other from the amount of Legend they'd be throwing around.)

5. - Top - End - #65

BardGuy

No problem!

EDIT: Though if I'm reading this right, it will cause us to become Fatebound. Since Scions can't be forced into a Fatebound Role, though, I think that would only cause coincidence to throw us together more frequently?
    I did not read the Fate section of the Core Rulebook thoroughly the first time. I was more roughly aware of its existence. But yes now I agree since we are using legend with each other as targets that is a possibility.
    Last edited by Justanotherhero; 2024-03-15 at 05:05 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66

That's not it. Spells always result in Fatebinding, because manipulating Fate is what they do. Such a low-level spell is unlikely to result in a particularly strong Fatebinding, but it's guaranteed.

On another subject, if I'm understanding your current plan, you're going to Atlanta, finding a place to stay there, and then going to the college to look for information prior to Friday evening (I'll need more specifics for that last clause).

7. - Top - End - #67

Planetar

Gitp is acting up again.

Does anyone have computer skills?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

I've got 3 dots in Computer Science and 3 in Craft (Electronics) :D
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

9. - Top - End - #69

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    I've got 3 dots in Computer Science and 3 in Craft (Electronics) :D
    I could pick up Teaching prodigy and teach you the first dot in larceny and/or stealth and we could break into the campus files together? See if someone is covering up for the frat. I’d take the physical files and you the electronic.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm... this plan does seem good, buuuut... It is completely out of my character concept to have dots in stealth/larceny or to break into some building at night, especially if the building belongs to the university... xD Sorry? xD

EDIT: Also, I do not have this knack for teaching people xD I mean, both math genius and fast learning seemed to fit my character perfectly and... xD

Im so sorry xD
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2024-03-17 at 11:04 PM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

11. - Top - End - #71

Planetar

No worries, I have the fast learner knack, so it's already as cheap as it's going to get.

Guess I'm spending 1xp and a few hours learning Science:Computers dot 1. Do you want to write out the scene?

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

We can do the scene if you wanna? ;-)

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

13. - Top - End - #73

Okay, so let me verify: your current plan is for Max to break into the registrar's office Wednesday night and see if he finds anything suspicious in the computers. Friday night you're all going to the party (assuming Max doesn't find anything extreme enough to make you change your plans). And you're also planning on investigating on campus during the day Thursday and Friday (I need more details here).

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

That looks right. Liliana will do a tour of the campus to get a feeling of the mood on the ground, then spend some time observing the fraternity house from a covered space (might be a lookout spot that's hidden, or a place like a cafe or the like with a good view, etc).
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

On all three days, Brand is also renting a studio for training anyone that wants it. Not sure if the timing matters, but I'll say from 9am to 12pm.
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

16. - Top - End - #76

Okay, if your plans are complete, then to determine what exactly happens I need Dexterity+Stealth, Perception+Awareness, and Intelligence+Science rolls from Max, and Perception+Investigation rolls from everyone. (If you don't have the applicable Ability, then roll the Attribute at -2 dice, which might mean not being able to roll; Epics still apply, and please highlight if you have any Knacks that seem likely to affect what you're doing.)

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

No rolls for me; guess it's time to pay the piper for my character building sacrifices.
    Optimization Trophies

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

(6d10)[9][2][4][8][9][8](40)+1 automatic success.

Potential relevant knacks: social chameleon(blending in), instant imvestigator(quickly casing any suspicious scenes), multitasking, language mastery.

19. - Top - End - #79

BardGuy

If we get the chance to observe the fraternity house Julian would use Unlidded Eye to check for Magic. If we get the chance I will reduce my Legend Points accordingly.

Per (2) + Investigation (1) + 1 Success Epic Perception . + Potential Bonus through binoculars?

(3d10)[1][2][10](13)

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Oh, I also spend one more Legend to mark the front entrance of our shared house with a Vigil Brand, on the inside of the doorframe between the hinges, where it's completely covered while the door is closed and subtle even when open. Even the landlord probably won't notice for a while. But anyone trying to force their way through that entrance, or worse, destroy the whole house, will give Brand a bit of advance warning.
    Optimization Trophies

21. - Top - End - #81

Planetar

Dexterity+Stealth, Perception+Awareness, and Intelligence+Science rolls from Max

Dex Stealth (10d10)[10][8][8][6][4][9][8][6][4][6](69) +1 Auto Success
    Per Awareness (6d10)[4][5][9][4][6][8](36), tapping Conviction
    Int Sci:Comp (3d10)[8][2][2](12) +1 Auto Success

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Just one die for me xD

(1d10)[4](4)

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

@kish, can I tail one of the satirs?

24. - Top - End - #84

Yes. Dexterity+Stealth.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

(6d10)[3][8][1][2][7][2](23)
    Andsomemorecharacters

Edit: that feels like it might not be enough. I think I could spend a point of legend to get 3 auto successes, right? Should I have declared that in advance or not?

And this seems limited by legend times per 'story'. That would be untill we're done with retrieving this dagger, or is it a limit for the entire campaign?
    Last edited by DeTess; 2024-03-21 at 07:28 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86

You can spend a point of Legend to add your Legend rating in auto-successes to a roll you've made but I haven't yet described the results of, yes. The overall campaign (cycle, Scion calls it) will include multiple stories; I'll let you know when all "per story" things reset. For now, do you wish to spend a Legend point to make tailing the satyr 5 successes rather than 2 successes?

(Alternatively, you could spend a Willpower point for one success, leaving you with 3 successes. There's no limit on the number of times per story you can do that--beyond your Willpower rating.)

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Hmmmm. No, going for the willpower option then. 3 successes should hopefully be enough.

So current willpower would be 6/7.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi! ;-)

Thinking about the Martial Arts training session - could my character also get trained in Athletics (he has just 1 dot)? I believe 5 EXP would suffice for both (I have also 2 dots in Brawl).

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

@kaworu, you didn't receive the first message, only the mail. The message was send only to Brand.

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    Hi! ;-)

Thinking about the Martial Arts training session - could my character also get trained in Athletics (he has just 1 dot)? I believe 5 EXP would suffice for both (I have also 2 dots in Brawl).
    That's fine with me. Increasing an ability associated with your divine parent from 2 to 3 is (2X2)-1=3 experience points, and increasing one from 1 to 2 is (2x1)-1=1 experience point.