New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Scion: Hero (OOC)

Liliana, Julian, Mateusz, Brand, 5 XP each.

Liliana, please make an Intelligence+Investigation roll. Everyone, please make Intelligence+Occult rolls.

2. - Top - End - #32

Brand is overcome by a wave of vertigo. He thinks Elena's highest Virtue is Courage, her lowest is Piety, and her nature is Gallant, but he's not sure of any. When he recovers his balance, he sees that she's staring straight at him with a look of shock.

Edited: Botch rerolled to 3 successes so that's not the result.

He's sure Elena's Nature is Judge. Oddly, she doesn't appear to have Virtues.
    Last edited by Kish; 2024-03-10 at 09:30 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

(4d10)[1][9][4][4](18) + 1 Epic Int
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

4. - Top - End - #34

Brand, also make an Intelligence + Investigation roll.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

(4d10)[1][6][9][5](21) +1 Epic Int
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Julian will be spending one Willpower point on this and invest a night or two since he wants to be able to prove that these goat men have no association with Osiris who is associated with the Ram.

Int(2) + Occult (3) + 1 Suc. Epic Int.+ 1 Suc. Willpower

(5d10)[8][2][5][10][9](34)

If I could add a stunt could I maybe recover the willpower?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Investigation: (8d10)[2][2][1][1][8][10][8][6](38) +2 epic int
    Occult: (8d10)[1][1][10][6][6][5][4][8](41) +2 epic int
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

My Intelligence + Occult Roll:

(6d10)[5][8][7][5][1][1](27) + 2 automatic successes

EDIT:

Boooooo :-( That's a TERRIBLE ROLL :-( Luckily I have the +2 automatic successes per Epic Intelligence... BUT STILL! >:(
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2024-03-10 at 05:38 PM.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

9. - Top - End - #39

Spoiler: Everyone
    Show
    You're pretty sure "goat-men" aren't anything from your pantheon.

Spoiler: Mateusz, Julian, Liliana
    Show
    What you can find suggests that "goat-men" are likely satyrs, a race of titanspawn associated with the Dodekatheon. Yes, Julian, your description qualifies as enough of a stunt to regain your spent Willpower.

Spoiler: Julian, Liliana
    Show
    Satyrs are actually the children of Pan, formerly a Dodekatheon god, who had a falling out with his pantheon which caused him to ally with the Titans.

Spoiler: Liliana
    Show
    Pan is a son of Hermes. Because Pan's physical appearance resembled a goat-human hybrid, hairy and with hooves, he was tormented by the other gods of the Dodekatheon, especially Apollo, with Zeus's tacit or active approval, until finally he left Olympus. The way he was treated is widely recognized as appalling by everyone outside the Dodekatheon who knows of it, but since he aligned himself with the Titans, what he and his children have done has been much worse.

Spoiler: Brand, Liliana
    Show
    Both of you find a list of all the fraternities at Georgia State University without too much difficulty.

Spoiler: List of fraternities
    Show

Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity
    Alpha Sigma Rho Sorority, Inc.
    Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
    Alpha Omicron Pi Women's Fraternity
    Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
    Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity
    Alpha Xi Delta Women's Fraternity
    Delta Epsilon Psi Fraternity, Inc.
    Delta Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc.
    Delta Phi Omega Sorority, Inc.
    Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
    Delta Zeta Sorority
    Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc.
    Kappa Sigma Fraternity
    Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc.
    Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity, Inc.
    La Unidad Latina, Lambda Upsilon Lambda Fraternity, Inc.
    Omega Phi Beta Soririty, Inc.
    Phi Alpha Nu Fraternity
    Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
    Phi Iota Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
    Phi Mu Women's Fraternity
    Pi Delta Psi Fraternity, Inc.
    Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity
    Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity
    Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
    Sigma Lambda Upsilon Sorority, Inc.
    Sigma Nu Fraternity
    Sigma Sigma Rho Sorority, Inc.
    Theta Nu Xi Multicultural Sorority, Inc.
    Zeta Tau Alpha Women's Fraternity

That's all Brand finds.

Spoiler: Liliana
    Show
    Liliana conspicuously doesn't find any of the things she's looking for. Adjusting her research when she suspects that satyrs are involved, she does learn that the Phi Alpha Nu fraternity is known for its wild parties, but in light of what she's learned about satyrs, she would certainly expect...if perhaps not outright rape allegations, certainly a statistically significant pattern of female students dropping out, showing negative lifestyle changes, or at least starting to actively avoid Phi Alpha Nu after those parties; that very much doesn't seem to be the case.
    Last edited by Kish; 2024-03-10 at 07:04 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

@Kish, when is Phi Alpha Nu's next big party? They might not be a perfect match, but it's stilla lead worth checking out.

edit: Only properly processed the name now, They are almost guaranteed the group we're after.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2024-03-11 at 07:35 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41

Planetar

(6d10)[5][2][10][5][8][9](39) Int Occult and 1 Epic Intelligence success

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Benoojian, are you referring to my character or miss Kessler?
    Last edited by DeTess; 2024-03-11 at 03:30 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    Benoojian, are you referring to my character or miss Kessler?
    I misread the thread, let me edit that out.

Edit: Yeah I mixed up Liliana and Elena when I was rushing to catch up.
    Last edited by Benoojian; 2024-03-11 at 03:56 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

No problem. Liliana is going a bit on the offensive over this, hope you don't mind. Telling the occasional untruth is a thing she does and will continue to do, and it is something Max will have to learn to live with.

edit: in case there are OOC worries about this aspect of my character, she won't ever hold back important information unless revealing that info is actively dangerous to her. Nor will she run big lies or cons against other player characters, once again unless not doing so would cause direct harm to her. She might make little lies, or hold back information for a portion of a scene, just to see how other characters react or act, though that will stop happening once she knows and trusts the others. The Lie Max caught her in, for example, was because she was curious how Brand would answer her question so she didn't immediately tell what she remembered, instead asking him first.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2024-03-11 at 04:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Ah, good, you didn't disappear! Your research gets you the same information as Mateusz.

Phi Alpha Nu has a party planned for three days from today, a Friday.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Btw, at what moments can we spend XP?

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

@Liliana, Mateusz
    Do one or both of you want to train with Brand in the three days before the party? If not, I'll have to find an NPC class to guest star in or something, since I'm getting dangerously close to the once-per-week deadline of Brand's geas. (This offer is, of course, open to everyone).

Also, does anyone want a Vigil Brand before the mission? I can place up to 7 of them before running out of Legend, but as far as I can tell they don't expire, so better to place them early and then regain the Legend later.
    Optimization Trophies

18. - Top - End - #48

Planetar

So I don't have all the info ic, so I can't post it there yet, but between Elena missing virtues and the Fraternity being mysteriously 'tame', I have a sneaking suspicion that either the sword or the titanspawn wielding it can literally cut out your passions. So try not to get hit I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticallyPsyco View Post
    @Liliana, Mateusz
    Do one or both of you want to train with Brand in the three days before the party? If not, I'll have to find an NPC class to guest star in or something, since I'm getting dangerously close to the once-per-week deadline of Brand's geas. (This offer is, of course, open to everyone).
    Are there specific things Brand needs to teach? I don't have the XP yet, but training is a good excuse to use it as soon as I do.

On that note, missing one roll was 5xp penalty? really?
    Last edited by Benoojian; 2024-03-12 at 12:37 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

@Liliana, Mateusz

Also, does anyone want a Vigil Brand before the mission? I can place up to 7 of them before running out of Legend, but as far as I can tell they don't expire, so better to place them early and then regain the Legend later.
    Liliana would definitely want the vigil brand. I'll have her mention so IC sometime soonish. If Brand offers, she'll also take him up on the training before the party, just as a way to practice and get ready, for the job.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Benoojian View Post
    So I don't have all the info ic, so I can't post it there yet, but between Elena missing virtues and the Fraternity being mysteriously 'tame', I have a sneaking suspicion that either the sword or the titanspawn wielding it can literally cut out your passions. So try not to get hit I guess.
    My pet theory is a little more sinister, but it doesn't explain the tame satyrs.

Are there specific things Brand needs to teach? I don't have the XP yet, but training is a good excuse to use it as soon as I do.
    Brand needs to teach Brawl at least once a week to satisfy his Skill Geas, or it will invert itself (turning the current bonuses to the associated ability, which is also Brawl, into equivalent penalties). Right now, that would effectively cost me 4 automatic successes on every Brawl roll. Once I increase my Legend, that will double. So yeah, something I'm very keen to avoid.

Depending on when we can spend XP, the Teaching Prodigy knack will either be the first or second thing I pick up, letting anyone that trains under me purchase dots in Brawl (or whatever else I'm teaching) at half the normal XP cost. Only fair to reward people for helping me with something so crucial to my character.
    Last edited by PoeticallyPsyco; 2024-03-12 at 01:54 PM.
    Optimization Trophies

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

@Liliana, Mateusz
    Actually, I *DO* wanna martial arts training UwU

Maybe Athletics too? :-P I have just one dot :-P

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    Btw, at what moments can we spend XP?
    Potentially any, depending on what you're spending it on. Gaining Academics should normally take place in a school or library setting; gaining Epic Strength during a battle is very suitably legendary.
    On that note, missing one roll was 5xp penalty? really?
    Actually, when you didn't post for over a week after your initial post, I thought you'd dropped out of the game. So yes, 5 XP for you too.
    My pet theory is a little more sinister, but it doesn't explain the tame satyrs.
    Now I'm curious.

23. - Top - End - #53

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Actually, when you didn't post for over a week after your initial post, I thought you'd dropped out of the game. So yes, 5 XP for you too.
    Sorry, didn't realize how long it had been.

Brand needs to teach Brawl at least once a week to satisfy his Skill Geas, or it will invert itself (turning the current bonuses to the associated ability, which is also Brawl, into equivalent penalties). Right now, that would effectively cost me 4 automatic successes on every Brawl roll. Once I increase my Legend, that will double. So yeah, something I'm very keen to avoid.

Depending on when we can spend XP, the Teaching Prodigy knack will either be the first or second thing I pick up, letting anyone that trains under me purchase dots in Brawl (or whatever else I'm teaching) at half the normal XP cost. Only fair to reward people for helping me with something so crucial to my character.
    Does he have to be teaching someone less skilled than him or is just running a class sufficient?

Also is having two people with Teaching Prodigy worth it, cause it was also first on my plan? (Well arguing between Epic Dex 2 or Epic Int 2)
    Last edited by Benoojian; 2024-03-12 at 05:42 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

By the way, how old is everyone's character? I'm trying to picture who could pass as a student and who would need some other cover story. I made Brand 22 years old; on the upper bound for an undergraduate, but he started college late.
    Optimization Trophies

25. - Top - End - #55

He has to be teaching someone with fewer dots in the ability than him. Otherwise, no one's learning anything and the geas isn't fulfilled.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Potentially any, depending on what you're spending it on. Gaining Academics should normally take place in a school or library setting; gaining Epic Strength during a battle is very suitably legendary.
    In that case, I'd like to spend 5XP on a second dot of Epic Intelligence, grabbing the Teaching Prodigy knack. (Am I remembering right that it's current level X5 for an unassociated Epic, not new level X5?)

Now I'm curious.
    So, Ms. Kessler doesn't have any Virtues, and didn't identify herself as a Scion (just claimed she wasn't used to dealing with "those like [herself]", which could mean practically anything). Therefore I'd guess she's some other manner of supernatural being, not directly tied to either a pantheon or the Titans (thus no Virtues, not even Dark Virtues).

Her friend has an "affliction" that's "caused by titanspawn". Could be that he's a titanspawn himself, with some consequence arising from that.

Third known point: Ms. Kessler wants a knife that's only known trait is phenomenal cutting power.

What's the worst case scenario here? She's trying to sever the ties that bind Fenrir. "Caused by titanspawn" is a bit of a stretch for the titanic wolf's imprisonment, but I think it would be fair to argue that he was imprisoned because it was too easy to look at him with his monstrous body and terrifying strength and compare him to titanspawn running rampant; he hadn't committed any crimes himself, and is suffering for the crimes of titanspawn (and Odin's failure to grasp the concept of 'self-fulfilling prophecy').

Also is having two people with Teaching Prodigy worth it, cause it was also first on my plan? (Well arguing between Epic Dex 2 or Epic Int 2)
    Thinking about it, I feel like actually having two Scions with that knack would be even better than just one. The only thing better than XP discounts is more XP discounts.
    Optimization Trophies

27. - Top - End - #57

Planetar

Is the Willpower equals sum of Virtues-2 only for character creation? That is, do they increase separately now?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

By the way, how old is everyone's character? I'm trying to picture who could pass as a student and who would need some other cover story. I made Brand 22 years old; on the upper bound for an undergraduate, but he started college late.
    Liliana would be 25-ish, but shouldn't have much trouble making herself look a little younger.

29. - Top - End - #59

(Am I remembering right that it's current level X5 for an unassociated Epic, not new level X5?)
    Yes, that's correct.
    Is the Willpower equals sum of Virtues-2 only for character creation? That is, do they increase separately now?
    They do, yes.
    Last edited by Kish; 2024-03-13 at 05:21 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

My character is... I did not think about it yet xD He graduated with a Master's degree (once course - he had individual teaching of astrophysics and computer science) so he is... somewhere between 25 and 30, rather closer to 25? Maybe 26 or 27?

LOL, I have no idea xD

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature