New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Bard character build advice toward Troubadour of Stars sought

I greatly appreciate everyone's input in this thread, as it's been most helpful and interesting to mold and shape the character.
    Rock on and Game on, Playgrounders!

2. - Top - End - #32

Quote Originally Posted by ericp65 View Post
    I greatly appreciate everyone's input in this thread, as it's been most helpful and interesting to mold and shape the character.
    Rock on and Game on, Playgrounders!
    Also, second-guessing myself sucks, but it's a thing...so one last(?) question for the level progression: would it be more advantageous to build in a couple Sorcerer levels, say at CL 2 & 3, then just dip Sha'ir 1 before continuing with two levels each of Mystic Theurge and Divine Oracle? This would get her into Troubadour of Stars at CL 9, and if it all works out right, Elysara should have qualifications met for that PrC. Is this go, or no go?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Also, second-guessing myself sucks, but it's a thing...so one last(?) question for the level progression: would it be more advantageous to build in a couple Sorcerer levels, say at CL 2 & 3, then just dip Sha'ir 1 before continuing with two levels each of Mystic Theurge and Divine Oracle? This would get her into Troubadour of Stars at CL 9, and if it all works out right, Elysara should have qualifications met for that PrC. Is this go, or no go?
    What's the motivation for Sorcerer? It doesn't seem to add anything?

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by Anthrowhale View Post
    What's the motivation for Sorcerer? It doesn't seem to add anything?
    I had run across some mention that Sorcerer might help in advancing another class' casting level, but that may not be reliable information. The character's fluff also mentions "a hint of sorcery," but that doesn't necessitate actual class levels in order to build some mystique around her. So, if no benefit toward her goal of Troubadour of Stars, I'll stick with three levels of Sha'ir after her initial Bard level, and carry on from there.
    Last edited by ericp65; 2024-03-06 at 07:13 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

I had run across some mention that Sorcerer might help in advancing another class' casting level, but that may not be reliable information. The character's fluff also mentions "a hint of sorcery," but that doesn't necessitate actual class levels in order to build some mystique around her. So, if no benefit toward her goal of Troubadour of Stars, I'll stick with three levels of Sha'ir after her initial Bard level, and carry on from there.
    Sounds good. Bard casting functions just like a sorcerer, so it already gives a hint of sorcery.