New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Looking for an illusionist build.

Hi,

my new character will be a 9 years old child. I would like her to be only based on illusion and being able to cast Prestidigitation.

What I would like to be able to do is at low level, she speaks about her imaginary friend and she sees things that are not there like purple butterflies.

At mid level, a 5 foot aura of something like that appear around her, and the reality in her aura changes for what she describes. Like the grass is always green, the others players see the butterflies she was describing, we can see her imaginary friend, etc.

It’s purely for flavor but I have this concept in my head for years and cannot see how to proceed.

Our dm allows the prestige class metaphysical spellshaper so she could have persist on any spells at around lvl 6 but I’m not sure if I could persist an illusion around me, even with persist and ocular spell.

The other option I see is the killer gnome build but we never reach high lvl, we usually start lvl 4 until lvl 8 or 9.

Everything in the aura will of course be an illusion casted by her but I'll roleplay her as she don't know it's coming from her even if I have to use all my spell level slots to do this illusion.

At higher level there is Hallucinatory Terrain that seems to do a little bit of that but it's kind high level and if my character is running, I'm not sure the illusion can move with me as I move, to stay an aura around me.

We can use to all the 3.5 material+dragon magazines+book of erotic fantasy+all the pathfinder first edition material too.

Nobody is breaking the game in my group and it’s not my intention too. I just want to try to explore my inner child with this character.

Do you have any idea how I could accomplish this please?
    Last edited by Zhepna; 2024-03-03 at 11:08 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Looking for an illusionist build.

Maybe the Spell Thematics feat? Paired with a persistent emanation it could give some of what you want.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Looking for an illusionist build.

Killer Gnome might work with what you want. Considering metaphysical spellshaper is on the table, consider early entry for shadowcraft mage. I believe you can do so with cleric as an example, (using DMM to qualify).