New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lovecraftian Superheroes (Masks)

Posting interest here, not to sure what i would play but the scion always calls to me

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, sheet complete!

Spoiler: The Investigator
    Show
    Name: Eloisa Lucciano (She/Her)
    Look: woman, white, muscular build, workout clothes, detective costume

Protégé Abilities: Eloisa is a student of The Inquisitive, AKA Moira, a noir super-sleuth who has been around for a while.

- Shared ability: Detective Skills. Social engineering, perception and deduction are The Investigator's core competencies.
    - Eloisa's ability: Superhuman Physique. Eloisa has been strength training since she was a baby, and can take a lot of punishment.
    - Moira's ability: Stealth. The Inquisitive is famously a master of disguise and could be lurking around any corner.

Labels -
    Danger: 0
    Freak: 0
    Savior: 1
    Superior: 2
    Mundane: 0

- How did you first meet your mentor?

She's my mother. Granted, I didn't know about her work until middle school, and I was mostly raised by my dad, but still. We have about the same sense of justice, but mostly she wanted me to keep my head down and not draw too much attention. My mom's the sort of person who would have preferred the world not know she exists.

- When and why did you choose to train with them?

I already knew I wanted to do this. Detectives are cool, what can I say? When I was in middle school, I investigated a teacher's disappearance. This somehow led to the doorstep of an organ-collecting ring, and to The Inquisitive's identity when we both realized I was messing with her Frankenstein case.

- Why did they agree to train you?

Keeping her identity a secret from me was her last hope of keeping me out of her business and it didn't work. If I'm going to mess with mysteries beyond mortal comprehension, I may as well learn to do it without getting murdered.

- Who else knows about your training?

My dad, partly because he trained me in his Olympic-grade gym until recently. Dr. Frankenstein - a name the necromantic ringleader chose for themself - also managed to connect the dots.

- Why do you care about the team?

My school friends went their separate ways not long after I left town, the gym goombas are all obnoxious chumps, and I'm not really online, so this team comprises the entirety of friend group now! Not that I mind. I like hanging around with weird people.

Special Moves: Be Mindful of Your Surroundings, Fireside Chat

Mentor's Resources: Secret Base, False Identities, Chemistry Lab.
    - She's old-fashioned and doesn't trust electronics, but we can discern a lot from the ichors we find.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2024-04-09 at 12:40 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33

gotta actually format the sheet, but the idea i had for the character would be a Scion that goes by the name of "Prodigal". The crafted son of a reawakened undead king, he was meant to be the heir that would inherit rulership of the reborn empire his father seeks to create. However, he rebelled and refused, running away to become a hero and ensure that his father never succeeds in bringing back not only their kingdom, but also the horrible old ways that were lost by the ancient empire.

Inspirations include some SCP with the Daevites and their attempts at bringing their fallen empire to the present, some zoroastrian ideals of duality in terms of good and evil, and a bit of the good aspects of Lotor from Voltron (The idea of him being a different kind of person from his father who has ultimately good intentions. Not what happened in the show but i never got that far so i feel fine over it)

Basically, Magic prince standing against his lich king father

4. - Top - End - #34

Spoiler: Scion Character Sheet
    Show

Hero name: Prodigal

Look:

Danger +1 | Freak +1 | Savior +1 | Superior 0 | Mundane 0 |

Powers:

Spoiler: They don’t deserve forgiveness
    Show

When you accuse an enemy of being irredeemable, you can mark two conditions to take Influence over you away from them. When you directly engage someone who has no Influence over you, you can always choose 1 additional option, even on a miss.

Spoiler: All the best stuff
    Show

You’ve compiled access to caches of equipment and weaponry other supers have hidden in the city. When you access a cache, say whose cache it is. If it’s a hero’s, roll + Savior. If it’s a villain’s, roll + Danger. On a hit, you find a tool or intel useful to your situation; the GM will detail. On a 7-9, you leave evidence that you’ve been here. On a miss, you tripped an alarm and they’re coming; prepare to explain yourself.

Lineage:
    What kind of villain are they? grand tyrant

Achamoth Deus, Hostis Monad, The returned King, or as he is commonly named by the masses of modern humanity: The Archon. An ancient practitioner of magic, old and dangerous, he forged a perversion of the Gnostic ideas of his age in an attempt to become a mortal god, to take control of the imperfect physical reality and supplant the flawed demiurge and forever shun the distant Monad. He was beaten, broken, and sealed by his enemies both mortal and eldritch and his empire burned out of history. When he returned, he saw man now able to face down the eldritch and ancient powers, and seeks to rebuild his empire to achieve his goals. As a mortal god, he created children to come after him, with Achamoth Sophus his chosen heir. Sophus chose instead a different path.

What is your relationship with them like? redemption/corruption

“I was born to inherit a broken world, to rule over a beaten humanity and be handed the chains that held the sky to the earth. Because he would give this all to me, I have to assume my father cares about me, about his family, that there is something inside his heart that I can still reach. Funnily enough, the fact that he attempts to bring me back to his side is what makes me most strongly believe I can make him see the light.”

They have an array of abilities, assets, and strengths; what are some of them? (up to 3) Dark Sorcery, Supremly Honed Skills, Endless Minions.

“My father was once a King, one who had enough power and will to force his enemies to seal him away. He has ancient knowledge, has become enlightened into how to manipulate this physical illusion of a world, and through this has gathered many followers both loyal or enslaved to him. While the heroes of this world have kept the Archon at bay for many years, he is eternal and his power great. Unless something is done, it may only be a matter of time.”

What abilities do you use to fight them? (up to 2) Magical Aptitude and Regeneration

“Another thing that helps me keep the hope burning is my body, and how my father crafted it. My mother is Sophia, wisdom and knowledge, a concept that my father uses for all things. With it, he gave my flesh memory of what it is meant to be, where it is meant to hold, and thus it will always return to that rapidly. This is fueled by the magical energies seen into my being, lines of scalding sliver that etch into every inch of my internal body. It grants me not only the potential to one day use magic on the scale of my father, but it grants me the nessasary resources to surpass him completly. All I must do is prove myself worthy of my namesake, Sophus. Wisdom.”

Backstory:

Who is your supervillain parent?

“Known to the world as The Archon, he refers to himself as Neo-Demiurge or by his own name, Azhi Dahãka. He despises the name given to him by the modern world, a name applied to him without knowing its implication and thus insulting him as he sees it as a claim that he serves the creator, when he wants nothing more than to depose it. Awakened by accident, he has worked to rebuild his kingdom upon the modern world, and then to once more march forward to his goal of becoming the material god of this world.

Who told you about your parent’s true nature?

“He told me himself, when he saw fit to finally reveal me to his followers. He told me his plans, his goals, and what he would do the achieve them. And at first, it being all I knew, I followed. Named for wisdom, yet my ignorance blinded me.”

Why did you turn from your lineage to become a hero?

“At first I followed my father’s wisdom, like any good son would. He was far my elder, and all I wanted was to make him proud. Yet, as I witnessed the modern world struggle and triumph against him, as I read the ancient Gnostic works, and as I listened to my father speak, it became clear to me that my father had taken a path that ran counter to the studies that had inspired him. His mind was focused on knowledge and endless elightenment, but to the cause of not one day escaping the physical world but to rule over it, imperfection and all. And what he is willing to do to accomplish it goes too far, for morality and wisdom are not seperate things like he believes.”

Who, outside of the team, helps you on your chosen path?

For this one, I was thinking that either it’d be a single hero who worked to keep Archon at bay, or various heroes depending on how you wanted to handle this. This question seems more in your ball park DM, so I’m cool with whatever you got.

For the respect mechanic, I think I’d need to work with you a bit DM, that way we can use NPCs you want to use or ones that already exist instead of making up new ones. Preferences would be the hero that is my parent's greatest enemy, their greatest Victem, the city’s greatest hero, or my character’s personal Idol.
    Last edited by Burden King; 2024-04-10 at 09:22 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Well, I am faced with a dillemma. I'm most comfortable with a party of four people, but we have five finished sheets of satisfying quality. And I really don't like having to pick favorites. No choice about it, then - we must proceed with five! Assuming, of course, no one else demonstrates interest and willingness in the time it takes me to write an OOC. Which will be tomorrow, since I'm pretty tired right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

6. - Top - End - #36

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Raven View Post
    Well, I am faced with a dillemma. I'm most comfortable with a party of four people, but we have five finished sheets of satisfying quality. And I really don't like having to pick favorites. No choice about it, then - we must proceed with five! Assuming, of course, no one else demonstrates interest and willingness in the time it takes me to write an OOC. Which will be tomorrow, since I'm pretty tired right now.
    yay

have a good sleep, always important
    There are 1d20 types of people in the world: people that always roll natural 1 when it matters.

I don't know why, but I think more people have studied linguistics than I have.
    ...yes, the above sentence is in fact meaningless. But you did a double-take, didn't you?

7. - Top - End - #37

Just posting here to see if everything is alright, been quiet

8. - Top - End - #38

Planetar

I'm doing fine -- presumably dusk hasn't finished the OOC yet, lol
    There are 1d20 types of people in the world: people that always roll natural 1 when it matters.

...yes, the above sentence is in fact meaningless. But you did a double-take, didn't you?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Yeah... quite simply, my insomnia has gotten worse than ever before, with me averaging maybe five hours of sleep each night the past week - which isn't really better than getting none. I've been tired, unwilling to do much, and not particularly good at the things I want to do or ought to do. Hopefully that gets fixed soon, but... I just haven't been able to think of this campaign. Getting an OOC up shouldn't be hard, but after work I don't want to do anything but close my eyes in a futile attempt to get sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

10. - Top - End - #40

Planetar

Yeah... quite simply, my insomnia has gotten worse than ever before, with me averaging maybe five hours of sleep each night the past week - which isn't really better than getting none. I've been tired, unwilling to do much, and not particularly good at the things I want to do or ought to do. Hopefully that gets fixed soon, but... I just haven't been able to think of this campaign. Getting an OOC up shouldn't be hard, but after work I don't want to do anything but close my eyes in a futile attempt to get sleep.
    It happens
    Whenever you're ready, I'm here :P

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

No worries! Hang in there, I hope you get some relief soon but until then rest when you can