New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [IC] [PF 1e/FR] Classics Megaplex, Part I – The Sunless Citadel

Oakhurst was a small town in the middle of nowhere. Since some time, however, interesting things had been happening in there.

Local goblins, living in the Sunless Citadel, an ancient dungeon a few hours of traveling from the town, have been appearing there two times per year – on the Summer and Winter Solstice. Always, they had a fruit with them – during summer, an apple red as blood, during winter, an apple white as snow. The red apple was able to heal any injury and illness, but the white one, whom people never wanted, was causing many medical troubles to the ones who would want to eat it.

A month ago, a local adventuring group went into the Citadel, looking for answers about the apples. Until now, they had not returned. Among them there were siblings, Talgen and Sharwyn. Now, Kerowyn Hucrele, a matriarch of the family, wanted her grandchildren back. She was offering money for anybody who would be helping with that problem.

Thus, a band of adventurers gathered in the local tavern, just ready for the new adventure.

That band of adventurers are you, just getting drinks and sitting comfortably.

What are you doing?
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] [PF 1e/FR] Classics Megaplex, Part I – The Sunless Citadel

Bella has her blue and green cloak laid carefully on her chair. She has one leg crossed over the other as she enjoys her brew. Her light blue hair was kept normally in a pony tailed, but today was more on the frizz and flowling everwhere. She had a nice local drink, the Oakhurst Experience, it was fruity with a bit of a kick. She swirls one strand of hair with one finger while holding the mug with the other.

It had been a hot afternoon, but she really needed this. She hadn't found much work lately. She spent sometime proselytizing about Lathander, and his grandness, but no go on any major jobs.

Adventuring was supposed to make her rich and famous. Not just a steady thing.
    (I'm assuming Hamza is here)

"Eh, Hamza, have you 'eard anything right about any jobs? We got a major cash flow situation here. We can't just find lost kittens for a few coppers. We need a big one."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Shyra is stuffing her mouth with mashed potatoes, in between swigs of her ale.
    "Drinking on an empty stomach makes me dizzy, and ditzy" had been her explanation, accompanied by a wink.
    She has ordered the cheapest dish; she is close to broke.

"Very odd, this apple business. If the little buggers - excuse my mouth, Krick-Krack -" (she apparently confuses kobolds with goblins) "have dem magical apples, why go parading them everywhere?

Anyway, we don't need to care about none of that. Get the siblings, get out, collect the pay.
    Avoid stepping on little bugger toes if we can. They could probably swarm us.
    "
    Bits of food sometimes fly out of her mouth while she speaks; she definitely has not had a refined upbringing.

"Anybody got some info about their nest?"

Perhaps her dreams of fame and fortune will start coming true with her discovering the cure-all apple, but she's not holding her breath.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If someone can gather info (Diplomacy) about the Sunless Citadel... this is not Shyra's forte.
    Last edited by namo; 2024-03-15 at 03:31 PM.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Krick-Krack wore a red overcoat and a red cap as he sits and glares at shyra.

"Goblins, are not, kobold. Might as well compare horses and llamas."

He pulls out a soft cloth and begins shining the barrel of his pistol.

"Well. It's the sunless citadel, I'm willing to bet its dark inside."
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

"The goblins are selling them I think, bet they fetch a grand price" Bella says., "So are we stealing apples or looking for the lost people?"
    "I could ask around the bar for information, if you want"

With that she hops up and tries to butter up other patrons around the bar.

Spoiler
    Show

I didn't take it, maybe next level, I'm asking about the Sunless Citadel, goblins, or lost people,
    diplomacy - (1d20+3)[23]

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

The people in the tavern were friendly indeed, and a good source of information. They started talking, one over the other:

- So you are those adventurers who gonna help poor old Kerywyn? - was their first question – Good to know! We truly hope you will find her grandchildreqn. She’s such a mess right now, gods forgive…

- The Sunless Citadel is by and Old Road, next to the plain desolated long ago by a dragon. Even though the dragon is no more, still nothing grows there.

- Yeah! And the Citadel was hosting a cult of this Dragon!

- Yes! Very wicked, that’s why it is now underground. It was a divine punishment for that!

- And the goblins? We have no idea from where they have this fruits – and why always during solstices! Who know what they are doing? It seems like a magic to me, alchemy, maybe.

- Yes! Must be so! We have tried to plan the seeds of the red apple. It was growing, rather rickety and weedy, and then, during the night, them goblins are uprooting our plants! They certainly wanna keep their monopoly over the fruits!

-Yeah! It’s so unfair! Why won’t they share?! We are buying the apples, we have the right to do whatever we see fit with its parts!

- And we would be so grateful if you could get rid of all the goblins! They are so nasty, even though they trade with us. You will get the job done, right? Will ya?
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2024-03-16 at 08:50 PM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Krick-Kracks eyes wiggle when dragons are mentioned.

"Dragons you say? Yea I'm down. We can find these gobbos, red ones, white ones, heck, green ones."

He swivels left then right.

"Oh... grandkids too."
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

8. - Top - End - #8

Shyra's eyes bulge when she hears about a dragon... but then she deflates when she hears it passed from the mortal realm.

"You know, some day I'll defeat a dragon!
    ...but I don't know when; probably not tomorrow.
    "

She thanks the villagers for their precious, if chaotic and unsubstantiated, stories information.
    "Imagination is part of the adventure!"
    Last edited by namo; 2024-03-18 at 07:18 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Krick-Krack hops down from the stool, sliding their gun into a holster, and fanning out their outfit.

"time to go then! follow me!"

Krick-Krack begins to journey towards the sunless Citadel
    Festival of Heroes:

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Cygnus
    HP:6 AC:16

Cygnus has been scribing furiously this whole time. Nothing in his training had told him anything about these kinds of apples, and the locals were also very interesting specimens of homo humanis. He has barely touched his expensive food and wine, which he ordered without noticing that his purse was nearly empty.

After. he has made sure that he has parsed anything he might know on the subject, he addresses his companions.

"Yes, my dear fellows. I am ready too."

Spoiler: OOC Knowledge checks
    Show
    Knowledge checks
    Local (1d20+8)[27]
    Nature (1d20+8)[14]
    Arcana (1d20+8)[22]
    Geography (1d20+8)[23]

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Hamza Stonehammer
    Dwarf Barbarian 1
    AC: 18 | HP: 18/18
    Fortitude: +6 | Reflex: +2 | Will: +1
    Initiative: +2

Rage: 8/8
    Active Effects: None
    Conditions: None

"I'll be right there with you, Shyra," Hamza laughs, "I've always wanted to mount the head of such a fantastic beast above a fire place."

She is eager to learn more of this treachery of the goblins and the apples they covet, so as soon as the group is ready she will go with them.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Preshi's pointed ears perk up. A dungeon quest! Another mark on her bucket list!
    "Hey, I can help!"
    Last edited by Feathersnow; 2024-03-20 at 12:52 PM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

The adventurers went out of the tavern and into the unknown. It was morning in the middle of summer – a week or so till the goblins would normally bring the apple – and quite hot, too. The sky was the clear, deep periwinkle color, and there was not a single cloud in sight.

The adventurers went, through forests and field of wheat, meeting from time to time a single household on their way. The path was long and dusty. The bees were buzzing, flying from a flower to flower, and sometimes, a gentle wind was blowing in their hair.

Finally, then entered the area destroyed long time ago by the powerful dragon, some time after the midday. Fields of earth, where nothing could glow, were expanding before their eyes. And just there, there was a ravine leading to the underground citadel.

There was a rope, that the adventurers could use to climb down.

Spoiler
    Show

Please, gimme Search Rolls.

Last edited by Kaworu; 2024-03-20 at 05:52 PM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

14. - Top - End - #14

Throughout the walk, Shyra steals glances at Hamza.
    So she wants to take my dragon trophy away from me!! She looks mighty strong too, not sure I could stop her.
    She then comes to the inevitable conclusion, and sidles up to the dwarf to share it:
    "I want a dragon's head myself, too, so we'll need to vanquish two!"

As the initial excitement of adventure fades away, Shyra starts to mutter:
    "Gotta get myself a horse. A good-natured one. Or a pony. These feet are not made for walking over miles of country roads."

When at last they reach their destination, her eagerness returns.
    "Let's take a quick look around. And make sure that rope can actually hold our weight."
    She puts on goggles, and adjusts the contrast-enhancing lenses of her own making to help her notice details.

Show
    Perception: (1d20+11)[14]
    I think you meant Perception, which covers Search in PF.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Preshi incorporates Shyra, Hamza, and Bella into her collective network and maintains psionic focus as she looks around carefully.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I choose the three most likely to get into melee based on class. Feel free to correct me if your build is ranged.

(1D20+7)[24] PERCEPTION
    GNU Terry Pratchett

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Krick-Krack rushes to keep up, heaving breathes as the party has stopped to look around.

"I.... *gasp* ... do not.... *gasp* .... like overland.... *gasp* ... travel"

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Perception: (1d20+3)[20]
    Festival of Heroes:

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

The adventurers found 2 additional things near the ravine.

The first was a series of glyphs written in Dwarven alphabet, but not in Dwarven language.

Spoiler: If you know Goblin language
    Show

The signs mark the terrain as goblins' territory and are a warning for everybody who would like to go deep below.

The second thing was an old fire, maybe a month old. Some people had their stop here, and tried to hide its track after they went further, Gods only know where.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Bella while getting ready to leave the bar, tied her hair back in preparation. Well, time to get out there to get paid.

Bella was glad she was a cleric, every few minutes she made it rain just a few drops so it was less hot, like a mist in the air. The satisfaction didn't last long, but it was enough to please her.

She carried her longspear in her hands just in case of trouble, she was never one for close combat.

After a while the road was getting to her, "I am not an athlete, we should have hired a horse. *groans* Next time, please, or a donkey, who is going to carry the kidnapped people if they are unconcious? They must be hurt or something if they haven't returned."

Spoiler
    Show

Probably found everything but search check
    (1d20+3)[6]

After team finds glyphs...
    "I can't read this, I've never learned any foriegn languages, never seemed needed when younger"

After finding fire remains:
    "Someone has been here, we got to be close..."

19. - Top - End - #19

"Can't read it either" Shyra shrugs.

She tests the rope for solidity, eager to rappel down when they're all ready.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Krick-Krack kneels down and reads.

"This is Goblin territory, they are warning us to stay away."

Krick-krack makes sure his pistol is loaded and ready.

"So, we should be ready"
    Festival of Heroes:

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Hamza Stonehammer
    Dwarf Barbarian 1
    AC: 18 | HP: 18/18
    Fortitude: +6 | Reflex: +2 | Will: +1
    Initiative: +2

Rage: 8/8
    Active Effects: None
    Conditions: None

"It’s practically an invitation,” Hamza laughs, “So let’s go have a taste of goblin hospitality.”
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

"Lathander give us your holy warmth, Light!" Bella casts light on the rope so the rope is lit up like a torch.

"Well then, let's go team, that should let us see in the darkness", Bella said as she started climbing down 3rd (let another go first in case of danger).

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Hamza went down as the first one. Below, there was a lot of broken stones. Suddenly, from behind of some of the boulders, there came 3 dire rats. Possibly, they wanted some food that could fall from above, but because of lack of it, they turned against the barbarian.

Spoiler
    Show

Please, roll Initiative in OOC

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

(I got Initiative 9 so I'll probably act near end of everyone's turn, I'm assuming I'm within 30 feet of a rat)
    "Let's see those rats like losing their water!" Bella shoots a grey beam at one of Dire Rats. Wilting Glare Fort Save DC 13 vs fatigued until next turn if fail save but nonlethal damage regardless
    Spoiler
    Show

Wilting Glare - (1d6)[3] Nonlethal

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Krick-Krack holds their action until they can get a better view of the rats.
    Festival of Heroes:

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

The 3 dire rats rushed at the dwarven barbarian, apparently hungry for fresh meat.

The first had bitten her on the hand, the attack's of the second Hamza did elude, but the third has bitten her on the leg. The wound were deep and painful, even thought she was heavily armed and protected by armor.

Spoiler
    Show

The two out of 3 dire rats hit. Both deal 4 damages, so 8 in total.

I rolled with my dice set physically, it was kinda faster than writing another post in OOC.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

27. - Top - End - #27

Default Re: [IC] [PF 1e/FR] Classics Megaplex, Part I

Shyra slides down the rope quickly, then activates the springs in her shoes - one of her favourite inventions! - to jump into position to flank one of the rats with Hamza, and she stabs it as deftly as she can manage.

"How." stab
    "did." parry a claw
    "you." step away
    "get-so-big?"

As the blow finds purchase, Hamza is briefly limned in white light that seems to ease her injuries.
    Shyra grins at her and waves a kukri in salute before returning to her target.

Show
    If flanking is not possible without her getting an AoO, subtract 2 from her attack roll and the 1d6 SA from the damage.
    But if she needed she can use Crane Step or Leaping Dragon to reposition as a swift action, so it should be possible.

Move: climb down

Swift: Leaping Dragon (roll OOC: 35), she moves 35ft.

Standard: Enduring Crane Strike
    Attack (1d20+6)[18]
    Damage (2d6+4)[9]* Sneak Attack (1d6)[4]

Healing for Hamza if she hits (1d6+2)[6]

* 1d6 comes from her stance
    Last edited by namo; 2024-04-04 at 08:14 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Seeing the barbarian swarmed by vermin, Preshi thinks about toughening dwarfism skin against the fangs if the rats!

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Preshi uses Toughen as a network power on Hamza!
    GNU Terry Pratchett

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

The attack of Shyra hit the dire rat in the head, making it a bloody mass. The brain and blood erupted everywhere, when the body of a monster has falled down, moving in post-mortem shock.

The other rats looked around, fear mingled with hunger in their animal eyes. Still, they didn’t escape. They were too hungry, or maybe too stupid, to know better.

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, so!

1. One rat down.

2. I cannot find anywhere the power Toughten for Vitalists :-( Can somebody link it for me in OOC on some kinda SRD? Pretty please? ;-)

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

30. - Top - End - #30

Shyra lets out a hoot of victory when the rat falls to her blows.
    Today a rat, tomorrow... a newborn dragon?

She moves on to the next one, still aiming for a pincer maneuver with Hamza and bringing her second blade to bear as she goes. Her blades flash as they rise and fall.
    The first stab is a disaster and she almost loses an eye to her own blade as she becomes unbalanced. But luck intervenes and she falls blade first onto the second rat, impaling it with a solid thunk.

Show
    Move: Move to flank another rat

Standard: Swift Claws, 1 attack with each weapon at no penalty
    Attack (1d20+6)[7]
    Damage (2d6+4)[10] Sneak Attack (1d6)[6]

Attack (1d20+6)[22]
    Damage (2d6+4)[12] Sneak Attack (1d6)[6] made a mistake with the 1st roll: it's 2d6+2 only, so 10 damage

Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Shyra
    F CG Half-Elf Stalker (Vigilante), Level 1, Init 4, HP 10/10, Speed 30ft
    AC 14, Touch 12, Flat-footed 10, CMD 12, Fort 1, Ref 4, Will 4, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Kukri +4 (1d6+4, 18-20/x2)
    Kukri TWF +2/+2 (1d6+4 / 1d6+2, 18-20/x2)
    Leather (+2 Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Misc)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 8
    Condition None
    2/2 Inspiration (free for Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive)

MANEUVERS
    [] SC1 Crane Step: swift, 5ft step
    [X] SC1 Enduring Crane Strike: cure 1d6+Int dmg if successful to ally within 30ft
    [] ST1 Red Zephyr's Strike: attack; if successful, move 10ft without AoO
    [X] TD1 Leaping Dragon: swift jump with running start and +10 to Acrobatics
    [X] TD1 Swift Claws: attack with 2 weapons

STANCES
    [X] PF1 Stance of Aggression: -2 AC, +1d6 damage
    Last edited by namo; 2024-04-18 at 10:18 AM.