New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Seeking players and storyteller for Mixed Exalted 3E game

So. The brain gremlins have me again. Beans and I are looking to play some mixed circle exalted stuff and I have been really itching to play a sidereal. Beans is looking at a changing moon centipede lady while I am looking to play a fresh chosen of battles that led a slave uprising during her exaltation, who hasn't quite yet decided to hop on the heaven payroll yet (she might not even be aware of other sidereals).

We'd be looking to do this play by post on a discord server if possible. I myself am not against seeing any other type of exalt though i might glance side-eyed if you take a melee supernal dawn on me.

While standard chargen is fine, it would be preferred to use the Unified Character Creation and Advancement rules from Crucible to avoid the whole chargen is more important than what you build into game.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Seeking players and storyteller for Mixed Exalted 3E game

I’d be down for it as a player.

As ST, well… you know my track record Kell.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Ya Bean is here with a Changing Moon high in Manipulation, Appearance, and Perception. She's very terrible, bonus points if her Solar counterpart is someone upstanding and not horrible.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Exalted always gets a lot of interest from players, but never much from ST. I would love to play too, but don't have time to ST.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I've got a chosen of endings I'd probably pitch.
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

now comes everyone's favorite part of an exalted request. hoping a GM bites.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

More or less.

I refuse to let the want to have folks be able to play draw me into starting another game that I will run oh so very slowly...

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

Devil

I'm willing to bite, but to clarify: do you want a text or voice game?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Text. most of us can't do a full sit down session.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Def in the "Discord PBP text" camp here.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11

RedWizardGuy

I'd love to play!

Would prefer a text game as well

12. - Top - End - #12

Devil

Gotcha thinkin' of a pitch and core concept

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

just as a heads up I tend to play try and play youths in these games. young to mid teens cause giving weird cosmic power to someone with no proper sense of responsibility is always a good decision and rather on brand for the gods in Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #14

Devil

That's fine, no problem with that if it doesn't get weird

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Currently leaning Changing Moon, or possibly a No Moon necromancer.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

beans can attest I try to avoid things getting weird

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Always interested in Exalted!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kell_tamer View Post
    beans can attest I try to avoid things getting weird
    No weirdness indeed, just young ladies capable of punching craters in the ground.
    Which, for Exalted, is pretty standard.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

which with a sidereal it isn't actually punching a crater, its reminding creation that a crater was FATED to be there and shes just doing aggressive set in stone paperwork.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Name: Darkened-Peak Venwinter
    Concept: Overworked Wage-Slave Sidereal
    Caste: Endings
    Mechanics: https://www.lotcastingatemi.com/characters/27986

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show

Darkened-Peak Venwinter was born into affluence and comfort. Though her time with her mother was short, her father was a powerful god who oversaw avalanches and stonefalls, and was comfortable in his position within the celestial bureaucracy. She lived with him there, in all the splendor and wonder in heaven, and he doted on her as the last vestige of her mothers memory.

She loved her father dearly, and worked as his assistant as many God-Blooded children do for their Celestial parent, and was particularly talented in most aspects of doing so. She was constantly at his side, giving him notes or reminders and aiding him in his tasks. It wasn't a bad time, and she looks back on those years fondly.

They Ended though. After all; Everything has an Ending. She wasn't with him when he found an Immaculate Temple being built at the base of one of his mountains. She wasn't with him when he found out the head of it was the woman who killed his wife, and her mother. She wasn't with him when he tried to bury it in rock and snow. She wasn't with him when the Dragon Blooded surrounded and killed him.

If she had been, would it have mattered? She doesn't know.

But her father was dead, she had a small inheritance, much smaller than she expected due to her father's debts, and was facing the prospect of being expelled from heaven, a prospect which terrified her probably more than it should have. So she did something stupid, and signed a contract

She needed employment. If she found employment she could remain in heaven as a functionary of the Celestial Bureaucracy. And she even found someone willing to take her on! The Office of Deferred Mortality and Fate Correction under the Bureau of Endings; of whom numerous branches were undergoing a merger. The fact that people were flocking away from it in the face of this merger should have been a warning, but she was desperate.

The job was murder. Nights full of unpaid overtime catching up on reports and forms that had to be filled out. Virtually no time off at all, let alone leave. A boss she would have sworn was secretly a demon from Malfeas who was lazy, temperamental, and had a martyr complex.

Also she had to kill people sometimes.

Her office focused on people who were supposed to die, but due to some fluke did not do so. Most of these could be corrected on heavens side but sometimes someone had to go down to Creation, and correct the flaw manually. And somehow that ended up her job too. God Blooded live a long time. And she did this job for four decades. Ignored. Belittled, and given higher work loads so the others in her office could have days off.

She thought about quitting. Creation didn't seem so bad, now, but her work contract was clear. She still had a minimum of six more decades within the office. And if she left the consequences would be dire. Terminally dire. It said something about how bad it was she almost quit anyway.

And then one day... Everything was different. Exaltation is different for everyone. For her it wasn't a massive moment, just everything clicking into place. She saw a way forward. She felt a burning in her soul but more that it was as if fog was lifting from her mind. The strands of the world, where she had been taken and where she would go were all evident for a moment.

And then she brushed her teeth and went into work.

In heaven and an Office run by endings her exaltation was discovered almost immediately. In any other case her unfavorable contract would have been terminated favorably and she would have moved to the Bureau of Destiny main office. Unfortunately this was not the case. Having seen her history, spoken to coworkers, and read her personal diary before secretly replacing it, Bronze Faction leadership strongly, and rightly to be fair, believed she would quickly form Gold Faction leanings and likely become another supporter for them.

And if they couldn't manage to prevent that then they just had to keep Venwinter so busy that she had no time to do anything else but work. So she was moved to the Bureau of Destiny main office. It was just explained to her that she was expected to do her tasks as a Sidereal there alongside her previous duties, doubling her workload.

She accepted this without a word.

Since she has shown herself well. Despite being so forgettable, even for a sidereal, her work ethic is unimpeachable, and her focus is a little unnerving. She knows what she has to do now, of course. She knows what she's doing. She's been promoted in the Office of Deferred Mortality and Fate Correction. Her boss doesn't remember doing it but clearly he did? And she's doing all her tasks and even more so maybe he has to? A little at a time. She doesn't want to escape the Office of Deferred Mortality and Fate Correction anymore. No, she has a much easier and better plan unfolding.

She's going to run it.

Spoiler: Appearance
    Show

The first word to describe Venwinter is exhausted.

She may have been a beautiful woman once, but constant work and stress have masked over that into a sullen expression marked with deep rings and bags around her pale face. Her dark hair is stringy and has shreds of silver passing through it already, far earlier than it has any right to, and her posture is often poor, slightly hunched over from hours at desks. Even before being afflicted with Arcane Fate she was the kind of person who your eyes just slid off, easy to ignore.

It's not to say she's particularly hideous, just that kind of vaguely unappealing you get from chronic overtime with little rest in between. Her face, its features pleasantly symmetrical, are marred by stress lines and unkempt grooming, which she barely has time for, let alone makeup. The occasional missed meal and typical diet of only the necessities and the ones she can consume quickly and while on the clock have left her expression just so slightly gaunt.

This generally follows for the rest of her frame as well, giving her a corded appearance with very little softness or femininity to it. Despite that, her office stress code, unusual even within heaven, requires her to dress in a plain black top and skirt, with a purple tie, which has replaced most of her wardrobe given the infrequency that she is not actually working.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show

Quiet, almost shy is usually your first impression of Venwinter. She seems to work around the edges, not quite afraid of people exactly but wary. And in her defense people have rarely been good to her. Professionalism is usually your second impression. She speaks clearly calmly and with perfect pronunciation. Everything she does feels intentional, although this sometimes makes her feel ingenuine. She has a tendency to keep people at arms length and doesn't trust easily.

Despite how this appears though she doesn't actually dislike most people. It's just that being a person is hard when you're exhausted, and she's always exhausted if not physically than mentally. She tends to be harder on herself than even anyone else is, which is frankly a feat. She wants to have friends and no people and live a life like a person does, more than anything honestly.

But who has the time?

She notably does not hold her liquor well, which tends to be the only time she actually opens up.
    Last edited by DrakeRaids; 2024-03-28 at 05:30 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Wait did the Sidereal book come out?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Those of us who backed have the manuscript from last year.

23. - Top - End - #23

Devil

Cool Drake.

Thinking of running a Scavenger Lands game focusing on the Confederation of Rivers, 100 Kingdoms, Greyfalls, and finally (but importantly) Walker in Darkness. So Kingdom Builder aspects, but I want a little exploration before that happens.

Also using Golden Calibration for Solars.

Can we try to run combats together and not in typical pbp format? Because combat in 3e is fun, but it goes SLOW

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

That sounds solid; I have an idea for a No Moon necromancer who was enlightened to the bleak arts by a terrible experience brought on by a Deathlord's actions, and who is dead-set on avenging herself upon said Deathlord. Walker works great for that.

The only thing I have to ask is what you mean about combat. When it comes to Discord text chat, that's about as "together" as you can get without a live session kinda thing. It's at least a bit faster than forum posting, typically.
    Last edited by Beans; 2024-03-27 at 01:50 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

Devil

That if possible that when we are all on Discord we focus on getting it done. That's it

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll definitely aim for that myself!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Unified xp or old school character generation?

And apologies for ignorance but what is Golden Calibration?
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Alright my idea is a kid named Six (slave number) who has been part of conflicts all her life, fights, struggles for food and favor, etc. enlightenment came and she led other slaves to rise up but they can't remember her. So she's now wandering around unsure of what to do. Hasn't been contacted by heaven (least not directly, its very possible sidereals have pinged her and watched).

Beans and I were thinking of our characters knowing each other, bein friends. Since for someone who doesn't fully grasp the arcane fate thing, probably feels real nice to have someone who actually remembers her each day.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Things Venwinter absolutely cannot relate to: having friends.

For the record she's going to be astrologically Haywain // Lovers and will be heavy in both their associated abilities, in combat she'll be using knives with Violet Brier of Sorrows and Thrown to supplement. If that has overlap I need to shift let me know.

30. - Top - End - #30

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Obscurejones View Post
    Unified xp or old school character generation?

And apologies for ignorance but what is Golden Calibration?
    Restructuring and edit of Solar Charms and Solar Charm Tree. If you look on the offical discord you'll see it there.

Also splats allowed: Solars, Abyssals, Sidereals, and Lunars. Not going to allow Exigents despite using them myself for REASONS and no Dragon Blooded because they aren't going to keep up, plus social reasons.