New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Seeking players and storyteller for Mixed Exalted 3E game

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Tsaąrkoma's definitely going to be wary once she's aware an Abyssal's in her group, though at present she only has a Minor Tie of wariness to deathknights as a whole. If she learned they're opposed to the Walker, that'd definitely warm her up to them.
    I'm not interested in being a party traitor, so being anti-walker - either a Deathknight-Errant of his or allied to a different lord - is a given.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

I figured that. It'll make for an interesting dynamic!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh hey, sweet. If this is still open, I've got a couple ideas kicking around, depending on the nature and expectations of the game. Mainly in the Sidereal, Abyssal, and Lunar categories.

A Secrets Sid, loremaster type who also uses a lot of improvised weapons when the time comes to kick ass, is a current leading contender, but I also always wanted to try out those territory charms, so a No Moon or Changing Moon (depending on the style) could get a lot done with that. A rogue Abyssal is not out of the picture either, or at least one who takes a very long-term view and works for a Deathlord doing the same. Walker, maybe, or Lover. Not the Mask. Everyone in the Scavenger Lands has good reason to fear the Mask of Winters.
    Last edited by CreepyShutIn; 2024-03-29 at 10:10 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

If anyone is wanting to link backstories, I can work easily work Petals in with anyone.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    If anyone is wanting to link backstories, I can work easily work Petals in with anyone.
    Sure. Petals is a Solar ranger, right? Right now I'm working on a Lunar - a No Moon witch-king and student of Raksi, known as the Brass-Mane Ox. Probably gonna go heavy on Territory charms, since we're kingdom-building. Haven't decided where he might be from yet. Where's Petals from?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Might unfortunately be a bit overlappy with the No Moon necromancer and aspiring witch-queen I've already nailed down. Nobody's touched Changing, though.
    Last edited by Beans; 2024-03-30 at 07:13 AM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benoojian View Post
    I did invest in Craft(Clothier). How would Joji like to be one of Fire Within’s best customers, buying nearly magical (and occasionally actually magical) outfits for each salon outing?
    The man is canonically a clothes horse. If he stumbles upon Solar quality suits and robes you’ve gotcha self a patron.
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt

8. - Top - End - #68
    Halfling in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyShutIn View Post
    Oh hey, sweet. If this is still open, I've got a couple ideas kicking around, depending on the nature and expectations of the game. Mainly in the Sidereal, Abyssal, and Lunar categories.

A Secrets Sid, loremaster type who also uses a lot of improvised weapons when the time comes to kick ass, is a current leading contender, but I also always wanted to try out those territory charms, so a No Moon or Changing Moon (depending on the style) could get a lot done with that. A rogue Abyssal is not out of the picture either, or at least one who takes a very long-term view and works for a Deathlord doing the same. Walker, maybe, or Lover. Not the Mask. Everyone in the Scavenger Lands has good reason to fear the Mask of Winters.
    It's still open! We seem to have a Dawn Caste and someone wants to play a Abyssal, we also have a Ronin Sidereal and No Moon Necromancer...and someone going down the Craft tree

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

Just posting interest, didn't decide yet which exalted type.

10. - Top - End - #70

Devil

Also note: Walker in Darkness doesn't necessarily have to be a antagonist (even if he's evil). His goals and philosophy isn't just a generic obedience to the Neverborn, but more importantly subverting the natural political order going on in the Eastern part of the Scavenger Lands and weaken said polices through direct military but also in direct political/economic sabotage. This is both how he fufills the Chivalry of Death and just as importantly, justifies his love of Creation.

Him supporting Anathema build a nation state in the Hundred Kingdoms and throw their weight around against a weakening Confederacy of Rivers is something he would do.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperWave View Post
    It's still open! We seem to have a Dawn Caste and someone wants to play a Abyssal, we also have a Ronin Sidereal and No Moon Necromancer...and someone going down the Craft tree
    Well now that ellipsis has me nervous, I can build something else if you don't want to deal with the crafting system?

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Also note: Walker in Darkness doesn't necessarily have to be a antagonist (even if he's evil). His goals and philosophy isn't just a generic obedience to the Neverborn, but more importantly subverting the natural political order going on in the Eastern part of the Scavenger Lands and weaken said polices through direct military but also in direct political/economic sabotage. This is both how he fufills the Chivalry of Death and just as importantly, justifies his love of Creation.

Him supporting Anathema build a nation state in the Hundred Kingdoms and throw their weight around against a weakening Confederacy of Rivers is something he would do.
    I will say, if you want Walker to be more of an ambiguous factor than a pure antagonist, I might want to shift Tsaąrkoma's stance on him somewhat, just so it's not a weird choice between "stay true to the character's core ethos of Walker Sucks And I Hate Him Forever" and "avoid being the guy whose presence kneecaps an interesting line of possibility".

Could do that by shifting her hate-on to another Deathlord, or leaning more into her twisted "gratitude" for her necromantic enlightenment. The latter would still include her wanting to eat him, probably, but not being quite so angry about it.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Might unfortunately be a bit overlappy with the No Moon necromancer and aspiring witch-queen I've already nailed down. Nobody's touched Changing, though.
    Ahh. Well, that's why I keep multiple concepts on hand. Might go back to toying with that Oracle, or a Lunar thief of as yet undecided caste. I did have a Dusk in mind that might serve the Walker in Darkness, but if we've already got a fightmonster Dawn then that too is kinda overlappy.

For the Oracle, I'm actually not sure whether they should be a prodigal star or Bureau-employed and Gold-aligned. As far as the other Sids are concerned, this circle is his pet project that he's managed to push through the planning committee. I'm thinking they'd be high Investigate in addition to Lore.

The thief, meanwhile, that one might also pick up some Manipulation, but mainly is a Dex/Wits type, stealing cool stuff for thrills. Definitely pick up that new skycutter in MFS.

14. - Top - End - #74

Devil

Well now that ellipsis has me nervous, I can build something else if you don't want to deal with the crafting system?
    It's fine, especially in a pbp/text game environment! Just again, use Golden Calibration and Crucible rules.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Sure but he's not a brilliant leader building a perfect society like my boy The Silver Prince.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyShutIn View Post
    Ahh. Well, that's why I keep multiple concepts on hand. Might go back to toying with that Oracle, or a Lunar thief of as yet undecided caste. I did have a Dusk in mind that might serve the Walker in Darkness, but if we've already got a fightmonster Dawn then that too is kinda overlappy.

For the Oracle, I'm actually not sure whether they should be a prodigal star or Bureau-employed and Gold-aligned. As far as the other Sids are concerned, this circle is his pet project that he's managed to push through the planning committee. I'm thinking they'd be high Investigate in addition to Lore.

The thief, meanwhile, that one might also pick up some Manipulation, but mainly is a Dex/Wits type, stealing cool stuff for thrills. Definitely pick up that new skycutter in MFS.
    The Dawn is an archery, i'd be more concerned about a dusk stepping on my melee fighting battles.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kell_tamer View Post
    The Dawn is an archery, i'd be more concerned about a dusk stepping on my melee fighting battles.
    Fair, the Abyssal would've been a Brawl-user. (Dunno about apoc, maybe, I guess.) The Lunar thief does do Thrown, but mostly as a plan B. Plan A is not getting in a fight. Classic thief style. The Oracle, as noted, is also Melee. So maybe that one's out.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

I would be a lot less concerned about cross overlap from different factions. How a solar does presence or melee or what have is drastically different than how a sidereal or lunar does, and are often complimentary.
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Okay. So I’m working on my background and I have decided to recycle a very old character of mine.

TLDR on her is:

Born in Lookshy to a prominent family as one of a pair of identical twins.

She grew up with everything. Eduction, training, everything the family had.

Her sister exalted as a Dragon-blooded as was proper. Petals did not.

She became an object of scorn in the family, and was relegated to a life of mediocrity.

She was sent to check on an outpost for no reason other than to get her out of sight. And that is when she exalted as a Solar.

She became a pariah. Sent out with nothing else, and a sentence of death should she return.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Okay. So I’m working on my background and I have decided to recycle a very old character of mine.

TLDR on her is:

She became an object of scorn in the family, and was relegated to a life of mediocrity.

She was sent to check on an outpost for no reason other than to get her out of sight. And that is when she exalted as a Solar.

She became a pariah. Sent out with nothing else, and a sentence of death should she return.
    Why did they assume she was going to Exalt? Even the best breeding, like literally your mother is the Empress, is basically a coin flip. And it just goes down from there. Was there a prophecy about the twins or something? Non-Exalts still get great positions, because there are millions of peasants for the families to rule over.

And why would they let you leave instead of calling the Wyld Hunt if you were already basically disowned? That's a lot of leeway to give and most dragonblooded families wouldn't go half as far for their child since the orthodox teaching is that when they become Anathema a demon eats their souls and replaces them.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Why did they assume she was going to Exalt? Even the best breeding, like literally your mother is the Empress, is basically a coin flip. And it just goes down from there. Was there a prophecy about the twins or something? Non-Exalts still get great positions, because there are millions of peasants for the families to rule over.

And why would they let you leave instead of calling the Wyld Hunt if you were already basically disowned? That's a lot of leeway to give and most dragonblooded families wouldn't go half as far for their child since the orthodox teaching is that when they become Anathema a demon eats their souls and replaces them.
    Yeah! What are the odds of [unlikely thing] in Exalted? Pulls me right out of it. How am I supposed to get sucked into the verisimilitude of my glowing god punching kung fu now?

TLDR on her is:

I got a guy who’d absolutely sponsor/help hide a fellow ex-dynast if’n that appeals or interests you at all.
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Because Lookshy doesn’t hold to Immaculate dogma like the Realm wants?

They don't care if you’re a Solar, but they’re going to hold you at arms length, unless you do something to change their mind on that position.

And if a family can keep their shame to themselves, they likely would do that instead of sending their daughters name to the Hunt, which again, they don’t care about because that is Realm business, not the Seventh Legion.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

23. - Top - End - #83

Devil

Here is the link to the Discord:

https://discord.gg/ukuCcNzs

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

Because Lookshy doesn’t hold to Immaculate dogma like the Realm wants?

They don't care if you’re a Solar, but they’re going to hold you at arms length, unless you do something to change their mind on that position.

And if a family can keep their shame to themselves, they likely would do that instead of sending their daughters name to the Hunt, which again, they don’t care about because that is Realm business, not the Seventh Legion.
    Lookshy is enormously Immaculate in ways that are almost identical to the Realm, except for the part where the Realm is good. Instead it's shaped more towards Lookshyan culture. Other than that they're basically the same religion.