New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: The Shackles [PF2e Remaster]

Quote Originally Posted by Rilem View Post
    WIP for Shoaan Haabo, Witch. Not sure yet about archetype, though possibly rogue or Investigator.

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Even among pirates, the story of Captain Calais Haabo’s rise to power a quarter-century ago was a grim one. Marooned by the ship Stirge on the Cannibal Isles for some forgotten crime, he reappeared some weeks later commanding a group of lacedons. Within an hour, Calais was the Stirge’s new Captain, with his old crewmates either drowned or devoured.
    Shoann was born some months later on the island where Calais had been left, daughter to the necromantic sorceress Lum, Daughter of Dust. Lum often took lost or abandoned sailors as lovers or partners, rewarding her favorites with summoned or commanded minions, and raising the resulting offspring that showed magical prowess (and eating the rest).
    Shoann showed enough talent to avoid the cooking pot. But she proved less skilled at the necromancy magic Lum craved, and her mother eventually lost interest in her. She made her way off the island as her father arrived, courtesy of a passing pirate ship.
    Since then she's made her way around the Shackles as a sometimes-sailor, sometimes-soothsayer. She's avoided her father as much as possible -- neither of them really wants a conflict, though that hasn't stopped her from using his surname on occasion, and her affiliation with the Firebrands began as a sort of thumb in his eye.
    Knowing the Free Captains’ general dislike of the Firebrands, she declared herself one, making sure to use the Haabo name in doing so. That’s started more than one bar fight with members of her father’s crew, insulted that she’s scandalizing the name of a proper pirate. One of the brawls was settled, in part, by the participation of the actual Firebrands, who gave her first mark for audacity.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Both mother and father issues. Her mother cast her out, obviously, so there’s some bitterness there and a desire to prove herself. Her father denies she’s his. He’s sought to tamp down rumors of exactly how he came to command the Stirge, and the existence of an unexplained witch daughter raises questions he doesn’t want to answer.
    Leans into the creepy-witch vibe, but it’s only partly sincere — she is her mother’s daughter when it comes to the dead, but she’s also aware how off-putting it is to others, which she feels gives her and advantage.
    Feels like the world owes her something.
    The link didn't work. It just opened the normal pf2e builder website. You have to select the menu in the top left, then select share copy of character build, then send that link instead.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Thanks! Should be fixed now though eventually I'll just do a mythweavers sheet.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I personally prefer the Pathbuilder links actually, just because it's an easy way to make sure someone is clearly accounting for all of their miscellaneous build options and staying legal. But, that's just me :P

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

I decided to go Fighter with the Barbarian archetype instead of Barbarian with the Fighter archetype. It gives me more flexibility, especially since I can branch out into other archetypes later. I wrote down some of the stuff I'll probably pick up later too.

Morn spent her life at sea, sailing and swimming in search of food and treasure both. It was all she ever needed or wanted out of life. She was content to spend her days working hard and her evenings at the Shark's Teeth listening to the stories of old sailors and travelling adventurers. One day, however, a passing adventurer boasted of stealing treasure from a dragon's hoard and escaping unnoticed - except they hadn't been unnoticed at all. All that's left of Morn's sleepy little fishing village are enormous spikes of ice. She doesn't know how she survived or if the dragon is merely toying with her and will one day finish the job, but Morn has sworn revenge on both the dragon and the adventurer that brought it to her home. They will both pay.

I did make her on the Pathbuilder app too but I don't know how to get it to open on the website version. It shouldn't really matter though since it's just to double check everything is right on the Mythweavers sheet.
    Last edited by Infernally Clay; 2024-04-10 at 07:45 AM.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Seems to open up to Morn just fine to me! Looks like a fun character with an interesting history!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Doing Rioghnach Medb

Spoiler: image
    Show

https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2897825

Going to take demolitionist archetype.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence