New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default [PF1 Altered - Low Level Gestalt] Isekai Adventures

Soooo, I've been working in some simple PF1 mechanic changes and I want to test the first round of it, I will run a campaing to see if everything goes well.

If something does't make sense or do you pinpoint some mistakes on the 16 please don't hesitate to rise your hand, let's make this work!

Spoiler: Crunch (big 16)
    Show

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    Pathfinder 1e

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    Homebrew campaign to test mechanical changes

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    4 players, alts contacted as required

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    Here in the Playground, Sheets in Mythweavers or (well organized) Excel file please

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    Gestalt Level 6 with class customizations (Milestone progression)

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    Wealth by level x2, no max cost restriction.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    Use anything that suits your PC

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    Any race under or equal 15pp, you may rise your race to 15pp with race creation rules, however, no race from scratch

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    - Everyone rolls a set of 4d6b3 six times, then you can pick the set you like the most from all rolled sets.
    - Max HP at all levels
    - Fractional BAB & Saves

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    - Off for Class requirements
    - Active For Spells and Mechanics
    - Alignment is a guide of your PC's behavior, but don't be Chaotic Stupid or Lauful Jerk, able to teamwork

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    Multiclass is OK, NO prestige classes (but see #13 in classes section)

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    Roll yours, I will roll the rest.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    Traits
    - 2 traits
    - optional: 1 trait with a drawback
    - You can get up to 2 additional traits spending the extra feat given at level 1 (see below)

Feats:
    - Feat every odd level + 1 extra feat at level one
    - Elephant is in the Room
    - If you get same specific feat from Class special Features, you can replace it following this options:
    1. Get an improved version of it (i.e. Vital strike x2 becomes Vital strike + Improved Vital Strike ), No need to meet other prerequisites
    2. Get a Feat that has prerequisite of duped feat (i.e Critical Focus x2 becomes Critical Focus + Bleeding Critical), Still need to meet other non-feat prerequisites
    3. Get another feat with same feat type (Combat, Metamagic, Critical, etc.), Still need to meet other prerequisites
    - Leadership feat doesn't give you extra bodies, instead it will give you +4 Competence bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate and Handle animal checks
    - No crafting feats reducing Initial Equipment cost
    - Other feats may be overwriten as needed

Skills:
    - Retroactive
    - No Background Skills
    - Climb & Swim merged into new skill Atletics (Str)
    - Sense Motive merged to Perception
    - Fly Merged to Acrobatics (you still need to have a Flight method)
    - Bonus INT points from equiped/held Magic items or temporal bonuses doesn't give you extra Ranks, only permanent increases does

Spellcasting:
    - We will using this modified spellcasting system (similar to Psionics):
    - Arcane Spell slots translated to Arcane Magic Points (AMP), same for Divine (DMP) and Special spellcasting such as Alchemist Class (SMP), with a rate of 1 MP per Slot Level
    - Spells can be casted using MP equal to spell level
    - Metamagic adds to MP cost, you are restricted to spend MP equal to the maximum spell level you can cast
    - Bonus spell slots also translated to MP
    - MP from diferent sources are combined into a unique pool by magic type (Divine, Arcane, etc), but class Spell Lists and Spell DCs are managed separately
    - Bonus INT points from equiped/held Magic items or temporal bonuses doesn't give you extra spells known (in the case of Wizard's Lv 1 starting spells or similar for other classes), only permanent increases does.

Classes
    - All your PF class special features are transformed into Regular Feature Slots (RFS)
    - All Class Features are classified in 3 categories:
    1. Single Features (Ranger's Wild Empaty. Cleric's Aura, etc),It costs 1 RSF
    2. Staged Features (Rogue's Sneak Attack, Druid's Companion, Paladin's Mercy, etc),It Costs 1 RSF per Stage/Level
    3. System Features (Wizard's Spellcasting, Summoner's Eidolon, Warlords's Martial maneuvers' etc),It cost 1 RSF per Level or if the class options allow to trade it for less RFS like Myrmidon's Maneuvers with 4 RSF
    - All systems like Spellcasting, Martial maneuvers, Spheres, etc are transformed to 1 RFS per level (For a total of 20 RFS at lv 20)
    - All systems with Full proression costs 20 RSF (Like Wizard spellcasting), systems with 3/4 progression costs 10 RSF (like Bard's Spellcasting) and 1/2 progresion systems costs 5 RSF (like Paladin's Spellcasting)
    - You can buy Class special Features or system levels from original class features or any Archetype available to your class within Level restriction
    - You can buy a system level with 1 RSF per level in case of Full progresion system, 1 system level per per two class levels in case of 3/4 progression (either pay in the even or odd level), and evey 4 levels in the case of 1/2 system progresion (you can pay the cos in either of the 4 levels in the block, more explanation in the sample below).
    - You can buy a Bonus Feat with 1 RFS
    - You can buy special Features from Prestige Classes at 2 RFS rate, you must still qualify for that Prestige Class to be able to pick from

SAMPLE

Translating Paladin Class Features into RFS:

Lv 1 > Aura of good, detect evil, Smite evil 1/day, spellcasting level = 4 RFS
    Lv 2 > Divine grace, Lay on hands, spellcasting level = 3 RFS
    Lv 3 > Aura of courage, divine health, mercy, spellcasting level = 4 RFS
    Lv 4 > Channel positive energy 1d6, smite evil 2/day, spellcasting level = 3 RFS
    Lv 5 > Divine bond, spellcasting level = 2 RFS
    Lv 6 > Channel positive energy 2d6, mercy, spellcasting level = 3 RFS
    Lv 7 > Smite evil 3/day, spellcasting level = 2 RFS
    Lv 8 > Channel positive energy 3d6, Aura of resolve, spellcasting level = 3 RFS
    Lv 9 > Mercy, spellcasting level = 2 RFS
    Lv 10 > Channel positive energy 4d6, smite evil 4/day, spellcasting level = 3 RFS
    Lv 11 > Aura of Justice, spellcasting level, Divine Bond = 3 RFS
    Lv 12 > Channel positive energy 5d6, Mercy, spellcasting level = 3 RFS
    Lv 13 > Smite evil 5/day, spellcasting level = 2 RFS
    Lv 14 > Channel positive energy 6d6, Aura of faith, spellcasting level = 3 RFS
    Lv 15 > Mercy, spellcasting level, Divine Bond = 3 RFS
    Lv 16 > Channel positive energy 7d6, smite evil 6/day, spellcasting level = 3 RFS
    Lv 17 > Aura of Righteousness, spellcasting level = 2 RFS
    Lv 18 > Channel positive energy 8d6, mercy, spellcasting level = 3 RFS
    Lv 19 > Smite evil 7/day, spellcasting level = 2 RFS
    Lv 20 > Holy Champion, spellcasting level = 2 RFS
    TOTAL = 55 RSF

For my custom Paladin I want him to have the 1/2 Spellcasting system (As Base Paladin, 5 RSF), Proficient Practicioner (As Dirt Spattered Angel, 5 RSF) and 3/4 Martial Maneuvers (As Knight Disciple, 10 RSF) for a total of 20 RSF.
    Martial Maneuver RFS cost can be payed as follows: 1 RSF at levels 1st or 2nd, 1 RSF at levels 3rd or 4th, 1 RSF at levels 5th or 6th, and so on until payed all 10 RSF cost
    Spellcasting RFS costs can be payed as follows: 1 RSF at leves 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th, 1 RSF at leves 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th, and so on until payed all 5 RSF cost, same for Proficient Practiotioner

So Custom Paladin will Looks like:

Lv 1 > 4 RFS = Practitioner, Smite Evil 1/day
    Lv 2 > 3 RFS = Martial Disciple
    Lv 3 > 4 RFS = Martial Disciple
    Lv 4 > 3 RFS = Spellcasting
    ----------------
    Lv 5 > 2 RFS = Martial Disciple, Draconic Bond (Dragon Knight)
    Lv 6 > 3 RFS = Practitioner, Smite Evil 2/day, Divine Bond (Chevalier, applied to Draconic Mount)
    Lv 7 > 2 RFS = Spellcasting
    Lv 8 > 3 RFS = Martial Disciple, Divine Bond (Chevalier)
    ----------------
    Lv 9 > 2 RFS = Spellcasting
    Lv 10 > 3 RFS = Martial Disciple, Smite Evil 3/day
    Lv 11 > 3 RFS = Practitioner, Divine Bond (Chevalier)
    Lv 12 > 3 RFS= Martial Disciple
    ---------------
    Lv 13 > 2 RFS = Spellcasting
    Lv 14 > 3 RFS = Martial Disciple
    Lv 15 > 3 RFS = Martial Disciple
    Lv 16 > 3 RFS = Practitioner, Smite Evil 4/day
    ----------------
    Lv 17 > 2 RFS = Spellcasting, Divine Bond (Chevalier)
    Lv 18 > 3 RFS = Practitioner, Martial Disciple
    Lv 19 > 2 RFS = Martial Disciple, Smite Evil 5/day
    Lv 20 > 2 RFS =

(Will finish to fill the sample by tomorrow)

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    You been isekaied to a fantasy world, explain who are you in your past life, also, explain your character concept/build.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    It will be a sandbox, so up to players which direction they will go, main plot will be reavealed while exploring the world.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    - Anything in d20pfsdr and aonprd is a fair game
    - Spheres of Might (but no other spheres)
    - Path of War
    - Psionics

Spoiler: Fluff - TBD
    Show
    Fluff will be done later
    Last edited by Talivan; 2024-04-03 at 03:01 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: [PF1 Altered - Low Level Gestalt] Isekai Adventures

So, only spheres of might, no magc spheres even through feats, right? Does That also excludes veilweaving/akashic material?

Also, about RFS, does that mean we don't get to trade features before transforming it into RFS? Eg. Fighter gets full spheres trading armor training or half his feats, but now they are not equivalent anymore.

Do you have a list with the RFS of each class?
    Last edited by droobles; 2024-03-30 at 09:28 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

So, you're limited to only buying features from within your class? That seems... Kinda like just having a class.
    Maybe I'm not getting what you're writing properly?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talivan View Post
    - Bonus INT points from equiped/held Magic items or temporal bonuses doesn't give you extra spells known, only permanent increases does.
    Was this supposed to be "doesn't give you extra spell slots"? Because high casting attribute doesn't give you extra spells known in the base system.

Classes
    - All your PF class special features are transformed into Regular Feature Slots (RFS)
    - All systems like Spellcasting, Martial maneuvers, Spheres, etc are transformed to 1 RFS per level
    - You can buy Class special Features or system levels from original class features or any Archetype available to your class within Level restriction
    - You can buy a system level with 1 RSF. I.E. A Paladin can buy 1st level of spellcasting (but cannot cast spells until Lv4 as per Paladin spellcasting progression system, same for other systems), 1 level of Martial Maneuvers and 1 level of Spheres of might spending 3 RSF at 1st level, he can continue buying levels until Lv 20 spending 3 RSF each time.
    - You can buy a Bonus Feat with 1 RFS
    - You can buy special Features from Prestige Classes at 2 RFS rate, you must still qualify for that Prestige Class to be able to pick from
    I want to see if I'm understanding you correctly.

When I take a level in Paladin, instead of having any class features, I have "Regular Feature Slots". I have a certain number of these Slots at every level, which I can fill with class features of my choice. The list of things I can purchase using RFS is as follows:
    • Class features from the class I took
    • Class features from that classes archetypes
    • Subsystem access (spellcasting, spheres, maneuvers), which costs 1 RFS at every level to keep it advancing as normal
    • A bonus feat
    • Class features from PrCs (which I must qualify for, and which costs double the normal price)

Presuming that I've understood you correctly, I have several questions.

1) How many slots do we get per level in a class?

2) Does the number of slots gained change for classes that have a good chassis, or no?

3) What counts as a "feature" in the case where features receive upgrades? Is "Trap Sense" a single feature, and thus only costs 1 RFS to purchase? Or are "Trap Sense +1", "Trap Sense +2", etc all separate purchases? Similarly, is "Sneak Attack" a single feature, and thus only costs 1 RFS to purchase, or are "Sneak Attack 1d6", "Sneak Attack 2d6", etc all separate purchases? 1 RFS feels too low for Sneak Attack +10d6, but 2 RFS feels too high for any amount of Trap Sense.

4) You say we can use slots to buy bonus feats. Can we spend feats to buy slots?

5) You say we can't buy class features earlier than the class would normally get them (so, no buying a lvl 8 paladin feature at lvl 6, gotta wait). Can we save slots for later? Like if we've got a bunch of lvl 9 things we wanna buy, and not many lvl 7s, we can spend fewer slots at lvl 7 and hold onto them until lvl 9?

6) You say we can't buy class features earlier than the class would normally get them. Can we buy them late? Like, if we're lvl 8, can use slots to purchase lvl 4 abilities?

My other questions concern your example. Paladin is used as an example, and buys Paladin spellcasting, maneuvers, and sphere progression.

7) Paladin pays 1 slot per level for paladin casting. Arcanist pays 1 slot per level for arcanist casting. If they're paying the same amount of build resources, why does the paladin get worse casting?

8) Paladin has multiple SoM archetypes that give a spheres progression, but both of them are Proficient. However, if I were to select a class that has multiple archetypes with different levels of training, and I purchase that option, which progression should I use? For example, Unchained Monk has 6 SoM archetypes, one of which is Expert progression, three of which are Adept progression, and two are which have no progression at all (merely gaining bare bonus talents). Do I need to specify which one I'm taking specifically?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Is it like taking an archetype but you can keep/trade with other different archetype? Like play a normal alchemist but trade normal bombs for "Underwater Bombs" from the aquachymist?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by droobles View Post
    So, only spheres of might, no magc spheres even through feats, right? Does That also excludes veilweaving/akashic material?
    Right, only SoM for now. SoP/Veil/Akashic will come in future testings

Also, about RFS, does that mean we don't get to trade features before transforming it into RFS? Eg. Fighter gets full spheres trading armor training or half his feats, but now they are not equivalent anymore.
    In that case or similar for other classes, you can trade first then transform into RFS.
    Ruled: You can pay the RSF equivalent cost to get Full spheres

Do you have a list with the RFS of each class?
    Take fetaures from the class itself + all class archetypes from that class as the RSF pool.

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    So, you're limited to only buying features from within your class? That seems... Kinda like just having a class.
    Maybe I'm not getting what you're writing properly?
    Within your Class + Class Archetypes, that opens your pool of features to customize your basic class

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro_Nogard View Post
    Is it like taking an archetype but you can keep/trade with other different archetype? Like play a normal alchemist but trade normal bombs for "Underwater Bombs" from the aquachymist?
    Yes, you got it right

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Was this supposed to be "doesn't give you extra spell slots"? Because high casting attribute doesn't give you extra spells known in the base system.
    That's right, will fix

When I take a level in Paladin, instead of having any class features, I have "Regular Feature Slots". I have a certain number of these Slots at every level, which I can fill with class features of my choice. The list of things I can purchase using RFS is as follows:
    • Class features from the class I took
    • Class features from that classes archetypes
    • Subsystem access (spellcasting, spheres, maneuvers), which costs 1 RFS at every level to keep it advancing as normal
    • A bonus feat
    • Class features from PrCs (which I must qualify for, and which costs double the normal price)
    Yes, pretty much this resumes it

Presuming that I've understood you correctly, I have several questions.

1) How many slots do we get per level in a class?

2) Does the number of slots gained change for classes that have a good chassis, or no?

3) What counts as a "feature" in the case where features receive upgrades? Is "Trap Sense" a single feature, and thus only costs 1 RFS to purchase? Or are "Trap Sense +1", "Trap Sense +2", etc all separate purchases? Similarly, is "Sneak Attack" a single feature, and thus only costs 1 RFS to purchase, or are "Sneak Attack 1d6", "Sneak Attack 2d6", etc all separate purchases? 1 RFS feels too low for Sneak Attack +10d6, but 2 RFS feels too high for any amount of Trap Sense.

4) You say we can use slots to buy bonus feats. Can we spend feats to buy slots?

5) You say we can't buy class features earlier than the class would normally get them (so, no buying a lvl 8 paladin feature at lvl 6, gotta wait). Can we save slots for later? Like if we've got a bunch of lvl 9 things we wanna buy, and not many lvl 7s, we can spend fewer slots at lvl 7 and hold onto them until lvl 9?

6) You say we can't buy class features earlier than the class would normally get them. Can we buy them late? Like, if we're lvl 8, can use slots to purchase lvl 4 abilities?

My other questions concern your example. Paladin is used as an example, and buys Paladin spellcasting, maneuvers, and sphere progression.

7) Paladin pays 1 slot per level for paladin casting. Arcanist pays 1 slot per level for arcanist casting. If they're paying the same amount of build resources, why does the paladin get worse casting?

8) Paladin has multiple SoM archetypes that give a spheres progression, but both of them are Proficient. However, if I were to select a class that has multiple archetypes with different levels of training, and I purchase that option, which progression should I use? For example, Unchained Monk has 6 SoM archetypes, one of which is Expert progression, three of which are Adept progression, and two are which have no progression at all (merely gaining bare bonus talents). Do I need to specify which one I'm taking specifically?
    1. Equal to the number of special features you would gain normally, i.e Paladin Lv1 = 4, Paldin Lv2 = +3, etc.
    2. What do you mean with good chassis?
    3. All separate, Sneak attack gives you 10 RFS and Trap sense 6 RSF (Separating between good Features and bad features will complicate things, so I stay 1 RSF per feature stage for now)
    4. I will say no for this campaing, (but will reconsider it for future testings)
    5. No, this will prevent someone holding all RSF to buy only high level features in later class levels. You should buy features or buy feats.
    6. Yes, you can buy lower level features at higher levels
    7. Paladin gets worst casting on base class by default, but both classes will get 20 RFS for it, so Arcanist have a total of 33 35 RFS and Paladins gets 46 55 RFS (And this is the whole purpose of this RSF rules, so Paladins get more things trading the bad spellcasting)
    8. You can take up to Expert practicioner for the Monk and up to Proficient practicioner for the Paladin
    Last edited by Talivan; 2024-04-03 at 06:22 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Posting interest, potentially, from the other thread...
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

1. Equal to the number of special features you would gain normally, i.e Paladin Lv1 = 4, Paldin Lv2 = +3, etc.
    2. What do you mean with good chassis?
    3. All separate, Sneak attack gives you 10 RFS and Trap sense 6 RSF (Separating between good Features and bad features will complicate things, so I stay 1 RSF per feature stage for now)
    4. I will say no for this campaing, (but will reconsider it for future testings)
    5. No, this will prevent someone holding all RSF to buy only high level features in later class levels. You should buy features or buy feats.
    6. Yes, you can buy lower level features at higher levels
    7. Paladin gets worst casting on base class by default, but both classes will get 20 RFS for it, so Arcanist have a total of 33 RFS and Paladins gets 46 RFS (And this is the whole purpose of this RSF rules, so Paladins get more things trading the bad spellcasting)
    8. You can take up to Expert practicioner for the Monk and up to Proficient practicioner for the Paladin
    1. You should probably edit the paladin example then. As paladin only gets 46 RFS, they can't actually spend 3 per level for spellcasting+maneuvers+spheres, they would have to sacrifice 14 levels worth.

2. Ignore chassis thing, was only relevant assuming a flat number of features per level.

5. Isn't that balanced by them being weaker early on? Giving up features at lvl 6 for features you'll get at lvl 9 means being underpowered from lvl 6-8, and the longer you delay, the longer you're spending underpowered.

7. Firstly, I'm counting 35 RFS for Arcanist. Are you not counting Cantrips and Greater Exploits? Secondly, Paladin doesn't get more things trading the bad spellcasting, it's still just 20 slots. Paladin has more points, but that's from having more nonspellcasting features. The spellcasting the two classes have takes up the same number of slots, but one of them is far better. Still, I can drop the argument if this is intended.

New questions that have occurred to me overnight.

A) Let's suppose I'm playing Sorcerer. At lvl 3, I purchase both the "bloodline power" and "bloodline spell" class features. Do I have to purchase these from the same bloodline, and all subsequent "bloodline" abilities from the same bloodline, or am I able to select the power from one bloodline and the spell from another, similar to how I can mix-and-match archetype features?

B) I know we can spend RFS on bonus feats, even if the base class doesn't get that many bonus feats. Can we do similar with other features that are feat-equivalent choices, taking more of them than the base class would get? For example, if I'm playing an Oracle, could I spend RFS on additional Revelations?

C) Conscript has a number of class features they can purchase via spending bonus feats, but obviously all their usual feats/talents are getting turned into RFS. Suppose that I want to purchase a Sphere Specialization. That's a single feature...that gives benefits at four different levels...and normally requires you to give up seven bonus feats. How many RFS does it cost, and when do I pay? Options:
    • 1 RFS at level 1, and give all subsequent upgrades when those levels are reached.
    • 1 RFS at levels 1, 3, 8, and 20, since that's when you gain benefits.
    • 1 RFS at levels 1, 2, 6, 10, 14, 18, and 20, since that's when you'd normally pay the bonus feats for taking this feature on a Conscript normally.

I'm assuming the answer is the second option, but I wanna be sure.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2024-03-31 at 10:45 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Let's try this

(4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[15]

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yeah

(4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[7]
    (4d6b3)[13]

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Potential interest
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    For every battle lost, there is a battle won.

12. - Top - End - #12

Throwing some bones.

(4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[18]
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

13. - Top - End - #13

I think we found the array.

(4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[18]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

So we roll a set of 4d6b3 and we pick from anyone’s set?

(4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[14]

I think I’ll use Illven’s. :P
    Last edited by Infernally Clay; 2024-03-31 at 11:47 AM.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

So, the class houserules is FFd20 freelancer customization? Anything from d20pfsrd including third party?

(4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[6]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[13]

EDIT: Rolls pretty depressing. I'll wait to see if anyone rolled higher than Illven before picking.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-03-31 at 02:37 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Count me interested. Definitely going with something Path of War, not sure about the others yet until I read about the custom system and setting.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

The class system is a bit confusing to me but I'll give this some thoughts.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I’m confused. I thought paladins only got 3 features at first level.
    For every battle lost, there is a battle won.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Definitely interested. Not sure on what yet. Still sorting through the RSF and AMP stuff.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

(4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[13]

Currently looking at an Oracle//Summoner

With the feature system... does this mean I could trade out the summoner casting for a second eidolon of a different sort? E.g., have both a worn Eidolon via Synthesist and a regular one, then trade out the Summon Monster spell-like ability to cherry-pick from other Summoner archetypes?
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

So, using a fighter + runesinger archetype + learned duelist (rondelero duelist) archetype + myrmidon archetype I would get 70 rfs, which then I use to buy all the class features I really want.

Trading half of the bonus feats, armor training and weapon training to get:

05 rfs bonus feats
    05 rfs bravery
    01 rfs weapon mastery
    01 rfs runes
    20 rfs expert practioner progression
    01 rfs grit
    05 rfs deeds
    20 rfs path of war progression
    05 rfs duelist stance
    04 rfs duelist training
    03 rfs (precise thrusting, science of the blade, surgical strike)

Is that how it works?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Interested, just need to see what I get to start thinking what to play.

Can we take 3p material from the d20pfsrd page?

Try 1
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[10]

Try 2
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[13]

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hello guys, Letme review your feedback and answer your questions later tonight

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

well i am completely confused to the whole RFS bit but lets see what the dice gods say

(4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[13]

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

I'm confused on this as well, but I do like Pathfinder and I haven't played in a while, so let's throw in another set for everyone to pick from, though let's be honest, no one's gonna roll better than Illven. That's an insane stat roll.

(4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[12]

Edit: yeah, see? Toldya
    Last edited by Breitheamh; 2024-04-01 at 06:56 PM.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

Fistful of Fate character: Aereck Tarrinsen

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Breitheamh View Post
    I'm confused on this as well, but I do like Pathfinder and I haven't played in a while, so let's throw in another set for everyone to pick from, though let's be honest, no one's gonna roll better than Illven. That's an insane stat roll.

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

Edit: yeah, see? Toldya
    Illven's rolls are in the top 0.05% of all rolls. If 2000 people rolled stats, Illven's would have a good chance of still being the best rolled.

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground

(4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[11]

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Sorry guys, It will take more time to answer as I still looking for adequate solution for the Conscript and Fighter classes RSF translation

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sorry guys, It will take more time to answer as I still looking for adequate solution for the Conscript and Fighter classes RSF translation
    I guess we just need a detailed example on how to calculate RFS and if we apply archetype changes before calculating (like I did with the fighter example I showed).

From what I understood most abilities will either be a system (casting, maneuvers, etc.) That gives 20 rfs, single effects 1 rfs or with some progression 1 rfs for each upgrade (such as sneak attack, or conscript specializations).

Would rage and bard songs be a system or abilities with upgrades?

Corner cases would be animal companions, familiars and eidolons. The first and second cases are feat equivalents and usually limited to only 1. Eidolons are companions on steroids, so it is your ruling on that one.
    Last edited by droobles; 2024-04-02 at 08:30 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

... what about non-RP'd races? I'm currently looking at Kitsune.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.