New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A Small Wager – A Practical Guide to Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Caedorus’s results came back neutral.

We seem to be in the weird position of having killed most of the wolves but not knowing what to do next.
    Maybe a few of our lock-towns shouldn’t be so locked?
    I would RP stuff but on my phone.

Right now, the only people not confirmed for me are you (actually would you mind claiming now, I think this is the end of the game), Kraken (claimed Above Archmage, but not a full claim), Caedorus (claimed Neutral Thief), and Merel Blackbird (claimed Above Alchemist).

One of those things is not like the others. A heal on flat is possibly from Merel, but then again none of the flipped Names so far have been against the story’s canon. AV being Hunted Magician was one of the only plausible choices once you showed a seer claim, but Dakrsidder being a Winter Court Fey was something of a surprise.

(Also damn you Book, you specifically said there wouldn’t be any major Names so I took Grey Pilgrim out of my speculation pool, I should have figured that one out sooner - I had Snow as the Ashen Priestess, which would have had most of the same powers).

Anyway. I am happy to give a full claim at this point - including all aspects - and hope that others do the same. Theoretically there should only be one living wolf left in the game; everyone putting their cards down on the table would give them nowhere to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by The Narrator
    Rogue Sorcerer (Above)
    Charlatan to the powers you hold, once smoke and mirrors now blaze and gleam of arcane might.

Aspects:
    - Confiscate: Borrow a random power from another. Your target regains this power after two phases (including the phase you stole it). You may use this once per cycle.
    - Use: Once per each; deal a minor injury, protect someone, or sense the alignment of another. You may use this during any phase. You may also use a Confiscated power, this returns it immediately.

To win, all Villains must die.
    I had a 1/game scry effect which I used on Snow on Night 1 to learn that she was town. Hence my source - our Narrator - being above reproach beyond any other bastard mechanics. I figured if she was a wolf I would wait and see how she played D2 and catch her out later or if she was town let her do some solving and see what I could do to help. Turns out it was the latter.

Also, I am concerned that Caedorus is a wolfsiding Neutral at this point specifically.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hang on, Xihirli, didn't your "scry" say that Dakrsidder was town? He has now exited the game as a Neutral.

I think that merits attention.

Snow, flat, Athedia, AV, any of you still around?

Technically, Cultist, I am the Apprentice (Above). Trying to claim Archmage in the thread didn't do anything, sadly.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Let'sGetKraken View Post
    Hang on, Xihirli, didn't your "scry" say that Dakrsidder was town? He has now exited the game as a Neutral.

Snow, flat, Athedia, AV, any of you still around?

Technically, Cultist, I am the Apprentice (Above). Trying to claim Archmage in the thread didn't do anything, sadly.
    Ah. I figured you had started the game as Apprentice and transitioned to Archmage when Persolus died, but fair enough.

And now that you mention it… the person defending Xi was AV, a Neutral with a win con that, while ostensibly townsiding, had a different wincon and potentially their own agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh also Kraken, you mind full claiming with your Aspects?
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

AV, any of you still around?
    with special permission:

Quote Originally Posted by AV in deadchat
    He's bleeding demised!

If he weren't nailed there, he'd be

Pushing up daisies!
    *returns to the choir invisible*

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, weird.
    Anyway, Merel was going to do a thing to prove she was town iirc. Did we get confirmation on that happening?
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

I'll have you know that I'm still very much alive, and y'all behave as if I was already dead. That's kinda rude, you know? It's the exact sort of thing that makes me want to kill everyone.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Interesting. I suppose the deal is off then, is it?
    I protected flat, at great risk to myself. My part is fulfilled. Surely you won't go back on your side now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    I'll have you know that I'm still very much alive, and y'all behave as if I was already dead. That's kinda rude, you know? It's the exact sort of thing that makes me want to kill everyone.
    Hey, I talk to you! I have three aspects left and two uses. I'm intending to win with no uses left. But you're likely the last or second last wolf, and I don't want you to foolishly die and then I lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's to hoping Merel's Brew is a healing spell, cos I'm chugging it!
    Quotes
    I play W/W Mafia! I still claim I was Town all along! Believe me!
    Spoiler: Idea stolen from Snowblaze
    Show

W/W games lynched d1: 3
    W/W games played (excludes spectating) total: 10
    W/W games won: 6
    W/W games lost: 5
    W/W games narrated: 0
    W/W games spectated: 4
    W/W games as wolf: 2
    W/W games as Town: 6
    W/W games as Neutral: 2
    W/W games as Other: 0

8. - Top - End - #278

Quote Originally Posted by Caedorus View Post
    I protected flat, at great risk to myself. My part is fulfilled. Surely you won't go back on your side now?

Hey, I talk to you! I have three aspects left and two uses. I'm intending to win with no uses left. But you're likely the last or second last wolf, and I don't want you to foolishly die and then I lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I didn't do anything to you last night after all. And you didn't attack me. So it all worked out.

I'm trying to figure out how screwed we are. I think only two town should actually be dead - Snowblaze and Athedia, until I hear otherwise. So even if there are 4 wolves and 3 neutrals - feels like too much, honestly, since town would be outnumbered from the get-go - we still have four town around.

I think there is a very good chance that Cazero is the last wolf, so like, Cazero. He's the best choice anyhow, as an outed wolf.

I do want to figure out who the last potential wolf could be. I think mathematically it would have to be Caedorus - otherwise we would have been outnumbered from the start, and while we have some pretty strong powers, I think that 6 town to 4 wolves is too wolfsided a game.

I do want an explanation from Xihirli, though.

Merel is probably just mathematically town at this point, with the claims that exist, plus she did help town. Either her or Xihirli are the last wolf contenders, I think, if not Caedorus.
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2024-04-14 at 09:26 AM.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

9. - Top - End - #279

Confirmed Roles:

Town
    • Flat (White Knight, Presumably Alive)
    • Snowblaze (Gray Pilgrim, Deceased)
    • Athedia (Squire (Above), Deceased)

Neutrals
    • AvatarVecna (Hunted Magician, Deceased)
    • Dakrsidder (Lord of Frozen Orchids, Exiting Victorious, functionally Deceased)

Wolves
    • Cazero (Black Knight, Alive)
    • Persolus (Apprentice (Below), Deceased)
    • CaohimntheCape (Squire (Below) Deceased)

So, the seven living players:

• Flat_footed (White Knight (Above))
    • Caedorus (Claims Neutral, possibly fourth Wolf)
    • Xihirli (Claims Seer (Above)), one of her scries was just wrong which I really think is important to note in case the game doesn't end when Cazero flips)
    • Let'sGetKraken (Claims Apprentice (Above))
    • 3SecondCultist (Claims Rogue Sorcerer (Above))
    • Cazero (Black Knight (Below))
    • MerelBlackbird (Claims Alchemist (Above))

So, assuming that we started with seven town, then Cazero is the last wolf and the obvious choice for a yeet today. And we do have a majority for voting, even with Caedorus being obstinate, though it's possible voting manipulation is in play. This holds true even if we only started with 6 town, though we need every town member voting in that case.

Caedorus, can you share your win condition? I would like to accommodate it if possible, but not to the extent of allowing a vote on someone not named Cazero.
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2024-04-14 at 11:23 AM.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

- - - Updated - - -

What is your win condition, as Thief? Do you win with the wolves, or town? You're not a survivor (we already had one in the form of the Hunted Magician, so I wouldn't buy that claim if you tried to sell it).

If tell us, I'm happy to exchange a piece of information you don't know: I Used Merel's Brew power and got a result, so I know exactly what it does.

Well, I didn't do anything to you last night after all. And you didn't attack me. So it all worked out.

I'm trying to figure out how screwed we are. I think only two town should actually be dead - Snowblaze and Athedia, until I hear otherwise. So even if there are 4 wolves and 3 neutrals - feels like too much, honestly, since town would be outnumbered from the get-go - we still have four town around.

I think there is a very good chance that Cazero is the last wolf, so like, Cazero. He's the best choice anyhow, as an outed wolf.

I do want to figure out who the last potential wolf could be. I think mathematically it would have to be Caedorus - otherwise we would have been outnumbered from the start, and while we have some pretty strong powers, I think that 6 town to 4 wolves is too wolfsided a game.

I do want an explanation from Xihirli, though.

Merel is probably just mathematically town at this point, with the claims that exist, plus she did help town. Either her or Xihirli are the last wolf contenders, I think, if not Caedorus.
    So first of all, if Cazero is still alive then yes we just vote him out ASAP. Mathematically I do agree with you - a game where 7 out of the 13 starting players are not town is an instant loss if the wolves just got the neutrals to side with them, which is terribly unbalanced. Now it's possible that is a bastard mechanic put in there, but I'll concede it's not terribly likely given what we've seen of the powers so far.

I do have more information about Merel, but I won't share what it is until Caedorus either commits to a new deal or else tells us to screw off, in which case I will keep what I know to myself and let him drink the potion.

- - - Updated - - -

Ninja'd with the flips, role claims, and demand for a win con.

Kraken, it's fun being demonstrably on the same side for once.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2024-04-14 at 11:29 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I don’t have anything better than double-tapping Cazero.

As for my explanation:
    Eh.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

12. - Top - End - #282

It's entirely possible that Cazero is, in fact, dead and only had the ability to say one thing this phase, as we have seen a few others do. It would be awkward to waste a yeet but I think this is still the best outcome here.

Speaking of which, let's try something.

It's a good thing Snowblaze isn't here, that could really complicate things.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

13. - Top - End - #283
    Pixie in the Playground

- - - Updated - - -

It's a temporary strengthen, I said so before.

14. - Top - End - #284

Well, didn't work. Shame.

Flat, Merel, really need you two voting here. Assuming you weren't secretly killed during the night.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

15. - Top - End - #285
    Pixie in the Playground

Cazero.
    It's our best bet as far as we know.

16. - Top - End - #286

Well, didn't work. Shame.

Flat, Merel, really need you two voting here. Assuming you weren't secretly killed during the night.
    Damn, ninja'd. Incredible. Glad you're still alive!
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

17. - Top - End - #287
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Caedorus, can you share your win condition? I would like to accommodate it if possible, but not to the extent of allowing a vote on someone not named Cazero.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    What is your win condition, as Thief? Do you win with the wolves, or town? You're not a survivor (we already had one in the form of the Hunted Magician, so I wouldn't buy that claim if you tried to sell it).

If tell us, I'm happy to exchange a piece of information you don't know: I Used Merel's Brew power and got a result, so I know exactly what it does.
    I win if I use Steal five times successfully. I have done so four times. But I don't want to go to the specchat just yet, the game is still interesting.
    As for how you can accommodate it, Steal fails if my target "is not changed or killed". But as mentioned above, I have no real reason to win just yet - I could've won a while ago, in fact I forgot to submit an action last Night (*embarrassed cough*), but it's just getting interesting.

But the REAL wincon is "make the world your oyster" :P
    Quotes
    I play W/W Mafia! I still claim I was Town all along! Believe me!
    Spoiler: Idea stolen from Snowblaze
    Show

W/W games lynched d1: 3
    W/W games played (excludes spectating) total: 10
    W/W games won: 6
    W/W games lost: 5
    W/W games narrated: 0
    W/W games spectated: 4
    W/W games as wolf: 2
    W/W games as Town: 6
    W/W games as Neutral: 2
    W/W games as Other: 0

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

I win if I use Steal five times successfully. I have done so four times. But I don't want to go to the specchat just yet, the game is still interesting.
    As for how you can accommodate it, Steal fails if my target "is not changed or killed". But as mentioned above, I have no real reason to win just yet - I could've won a while ago, in fact I forgot to submit an action last Night (*embarrassed cough*), but it's just getting interesting.

But the REAL wincon is "make the world your oyster" :P
    Alright, thanks for being upfront about it.

So I lied a little bit to you earlier. While I did Confiscate and Use Merel’s Brew power, I did not know what it was. Not sure why not, but I didn’t get any information on how to Use it properly (which generally fits the Rogue Sorcerer but my powers have been pretty useless this game so far).

Anyway, when I tried to Use it, I was handed two minor injuries from ‘Fate’. Whether that was someone else’s Aspect is unknown, but there is the possibility that Merel was just lying and Brew makes some kind of harmful poison rather than healing.

That being said, I believe flat also mentioned actually being healed. From the prior flips, there are no powers that heal existing injuries IIRC. flat, could you confirm how many injuries you healed and in what phase? Also please vote, Cazero is a good choice possibly until we resolve this Merel business again.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Pixie in the Playground

Alright, thanks for being upfront about it.

So I lied a little bit to you earlier. While I did Confiscate and Use Merel’s Brew power, I did not know what it was. Not sure why not, but I didn’t get any information on how to Use it properly (which generally fits the Rogue Sorcerer but my powers have been pretty useless this game so far).

Anyway, when I tried to Use it, I was handed two minor injuries from ‘Fate’. Whether that was someone else’s Aspect is unknown, but there is the possibility that Merel was just lying and Brew makes some kind of harmful poison rather than healing.

That being said, I believe flat also mentioned actually being healed. From the prior flips, there are no powers that heal existing injuries IIRC. flat, could you confirm how many injuries you healed and in what phase? Also please vote, Cazero is a good choice possibly until we resolve this Merel business again.
    I don't think the injuries were me. There's nothing that would say so in flavor or concretely. And flat did say he was healed, although since he was promptly injured again according to the same post, I should have reversed the heal with the permanent boost.

20. - Top - End - #290

Cultist, I also received two minor injuries from Fate at the end of D3 (not N3). So this may be a harmful power. And to my knowledge I did not imbibe anything.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Cultist, I also received two minor injuries from Fate at the end of D3 (not N3). So this may be a harmful power. And to my knowledge I did not imbibe anything.
    Assuming you’re telling the truth, it couldn’t have been Merel, as I Confiscated the power N2 and she didn’t have it during D3. Part of my power is not just copying, but denying the power to its original user.

Not sure where it came from, then. A Black Knight Aspect, perhaps?

Oh also: thoughts on who I should target with my next theft, assuming we can’t end the game here?
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

22. - Top - End - #292

Assuming you’re telling the truth, it couldn’t have been Merel, as I Confiscated the power N2 and she didn’t have it during D3. Part of my power is not just copying, but denying the power to its original user.

Not sure where it came from, then. A Black Knight Aspect, perhaps?

Oh also: thoughts on who I should target with my next theft, assuming we can’t end the game here?
    Good question. Do you get to use the power in the same phase? A scry from Xihirli might be nice.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Good question. Do you get to use the power in the same phase? A scry from Xihirli might be nice.
    I posted my full claim - no, I Confiscate in one phase and then Use the next. During the phase I have the power, the target cannot use it (so Merel should not have had access to Brew during D3). I also get no info on how the power works, Confiscate is 1/cycle, and I can’t Use and Confiscate at the same time.

My powers are extremely limited, honestly. Other than fishing for information, they’re just too slow to be of much use.

It occurs to me that you didn’t share your Aspects either, or how they work. Is there a reason for that at this point in the game?
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

24. - Top - End - #294

I posted my full claim - no, I Confiscate in one phase and then Use the next. During the phase I have the power, the target cannot use it (so Merel should not have had access to Brew during D3). I also get no info on how the power works, Confiscate is 1/cycle, and I can’t Use and Confiscate at the same time.

My powers are extremely limited, honestly. Other than fishing for information, they’re just too slow to be of much use.

It occurs to me that you didn’t share your Aspects either, or how they work. Is there a reason for that at this point in the game?
    Yes. We have a power thief who's not formally aligned with Town around. If he wants to steal half a power, he'll have to do it blind.

Though I suppose since I'm not "changed", I doubt I'm the target anyhow. But still.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Yes. We have a power thief who's not formally aligned with Town around. If he wants to steal half a power, he'll have to do it blind.

Though I suppose since I'm not "changed", I doubt I'm the target anyhow. But still.
    What if I told you I could keep you safe for a while?
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

26. - Top - End - #296

What if I told you I could keep you safe for a while?
    I would suspect I was being had. Do you have a way to stop my Aspects from being stolen? I don't want to put information on the table until we get confirmation from Caedorus whether he's open to working with town, assuming the game doesn't end.
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2024-04-15 at 09:06 AM.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

So, Caedorus, on behalf of the below...
    We do commend your work, but we can give you nothing in return. If you care about your victory, you should probably resolve yourself before it becomes awkward.
    But if you insist on staying among us, we're totally cool with you taking stupid risks on our behalf.

Ahem.
    Xihirli, Xihirli, Xihirli. I curse ye thrice !
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

I would suspect I was being had. Do you have a way to stop my Aspects from being stolen? I don't want to put information on the table until we get confirmation from Caedorus whether he's open to working with town, assuming the game doesn't end.
    I can keep your Aspects from getting stolen until at least D5, potentially longer. Beyond that point, it will be up to chance at least partially, but it would be a 50/50 shot.

Caedorus: are you committing to wolfsiding here? I can’t tell if Cazero is just blowing smoke (but it’s pretty good confirmation he’s actually alive).
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

29. - Top - End - #299

I can keep your Aspects from getting stolen until at least D5, potentially longer. Beyond that point, it will be up to chance at least partially, but it would be a 50/50 shot.

Caedorus: are you committing to wolfsiding here? I can’t tell if Cazero is just blowing smoke (but it’s pretty good confirmation he’s actually alive).
    Oh, excellent. Though if you and Cazero are both wolves I will be very sad.

My two aspects are Perceive and Negate. Negate lets me block a night action. Perceive tells me the names of the aspects I'm blocking. I used it on Persolus N1 (Negated "Discern" and "Twist"), Merel N2 (Negated "...?", which was explained by you having stolen her power), and Negated Caohimn N3 on the offchance he wasn't dead (received "...he's dead. Gone. Blasted by the heavens." in response).

You can see why I kept this in the back pocket. Blocking a wolfkill this late in the game could win us everything, if I don't have to worry about it being stolen.
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2024-04-15 at 10:01 AM.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

30. - Top - End - #300