New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: The Wreck of the Harmonious Spirit (OOC D&D 3.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Poor phrasing. I misread the part where Utra is first to act this round. I thought about our characters not coordinating because of the differences in character's initiative (e.g Utra acts before others) and realize we can delay to time their actions. Djin delays to see what the others are doing before he acts.

EDIT: Why is everyone rolling for fortitude save? Is there something I am missing?

EDIT2: Nvm, found it. Fort 12 for ascending unless it is something else.
    A DC 12 Fortitude is required to ascend to the top of the ridge in less than 1 hour. Only Gozen and Naomi were asked to make this roll due to their advanced position.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by razorfloss View Post
    Sorry for being mia Again work got super busy. Everything should be back to normal now.

Edit: Also I forgot how terrible medium armor was in 3.5
    I consider Orion's movement to have taken place before the orc fell. He is therefore yet to act in the initiative.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

As a half-elf with 7 bard levels and a few bonus skill points, I calculated I still have 100 skill points. I didn't see anywhere that half-elves get two favored classes, but I like that you recommended half-elf anyway due to the diplomacy bonus.

I should probably get to sleep for my trucking test.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CircleNavigator View Post
    A DC 12 Fortitude is required to ascend to the top of the ridge in less than 1 hour. Only Gozen and Naomi were asked to make this roll due to their advanced position.
    OK. That is good.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Dice roll is -2 due to dark companion -2 to AC and saves

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

OK. That is good.
    The dice tell their own story.

7. - Top - End - #97

And Utra Speaks without Sound! Also, forgot to add this bit: she readies a standard to cast Haste; it will go off if hostile action is taken by either party and at least two allies are within range.

8. - Top - End - #98

AssassinGuy

Is Djin still grabbing a handhold/ledge or sitting on top of the cliff?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-04-22 at 08:30 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

I am presuming we are still in "combat" have we cyced through round 1?

@GM can you make a notation ICwise or OOC wise to indicate when we have gone into new rounds -when needed

thanks

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Is Djin still grabbing a handhold/ledge or sitting on top of the cliff?
    That has not been determined, therefore both are valid.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post

@GM can you make a notation ICwise or OOC wise to indicate when we have gone into new rounds -when needed

thanks
    Of course I will do my best to keep everyone informed when a new round begins.
    On the map there is a red asterisk * Next to the party members who are active in the block initiative.

Once the orc takes his action it will be Naomi and Gozen's turn.

12. - Top - End - #102

AssassinGuy

Still waiting for @Breitheamh and @Zhentarim actions.

@Zhentarim is understandable as he is busy.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Hey! Sorry I've been quiet for a while. Had my final paper for the semester due today and it was just kicking my butt over the weekend. Back now.

I see that I'm pretty far down the initiative order. Should I wait for everyone to post first? Or just go ahead since we're all before the Orc anyway?

I find that if we're constantly waiting and going in the right order in PbP it takes a LONG time to get through combat. Often can stall out a game if we're not careful.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

Fistful of Fate character: Aereck Tarrinsen

14. - Top - End - #104

AssassinGuy

Circle said to post whenever but he will resolve it in order. Djin delays for your and @Zhentarim's character to time attacks between your characters. He wants to go for the flank if your character or @Zhentarim's attacks the orc. Utra readied action to haste two or more of our characters are in ranged of her spell.

If Razor's haven't act, he will delay for him.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-04-22 at 08:16 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Breitheamh View Post
    Hey! Sorry I've been quiet for a while. Had my final paper for the semester due today and it was just kicking my butt over the weekend. Back now.

I see that I'm pretty far down the initiative order. Should I wait for everyone to post first? Or just go ahead since we're all before the Orc anyway?

I find that if we're constantly waiting and going in the right order in PbP it takes a LONG time to get through combat. Often can stall out a game if we're not careful.
    Definitely post when you can. If there is any question early is better than late, even a simple one sentence post can keep the game moving smoothly.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Circle said to post whenever but he will resolve it in order. Djin delays for your and @Zhentarim's character to time attacks between your characters. He wants to go for the flank if your character or @Zhentarim's attacks the orc. Utra readied action to haste two or more of our characters are in ranged of her spell.

Razor has acted this round, casting a curse which was barely saved against and positioning his dark companion next to the orc giving him -2 to AC and saves

17. - Top - End - #107

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CircleNavigator View Post
    Razor has acted this round, casting a curse which was barely saved against and positioning his dark companion next to the orc giving him -2 to AC and saves
    OK. Should I post conditionals then (e.g If Skaravus or Stylianos attacks orc and there is flanking position available, he slides down the cliff and flanks the orc. Otherwise, he will attack from afar by hurling force javelins at the orc before Skaruvus and Stylianos reaches the squares that prevents him from flanking and attacks the orc)?

EDIT: I will go ahead post the rolls. Since ranged and melee have the same modifier only boosted by terrain (higher ground) or position (flanking).

EDIT2: Edited IC post. Feel free to adjust modifiers for Djin, CircleNavigator, if Stylianos get into melee or into position that allows Djin to flank. He acts before Djin.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-04-23 at 01:11 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll attack, I just need to read the IC and catch up. My next exam is in 4 hours. If I pass this one, I'll only have one left.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

OK. Should I post conditionals then (e.g If Skaravus or Stylianos attacks orc and there is flanking position available, he slides down the cliff and flanks the orc. Otherwise, he will attack from afar by hurling force javelins at the orc before Skaruvus and Stylianos reaches the squares that prevents him from flanking and attacks the orc)?

EDIT: I will go ahead post the rolls. Since ranged and melee have the same modifier only boosted by terrain (higher ground) or position (flanking).

EDIT2: Edited IC post. Feel free to adjust modifiers for Djin, CircleNavigator, if Stylianos get into melee or into position that allows Djin to flank. He acts before Djin.
    Conditionals are helpful, especially coupled with posting the rolls. Thanks.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

I just passed my second exam of 3 exams. one exam left

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Zhentarim View Post
    I just passed my second exam of 3 exams. one exam left
    Congratulations!

Post IC when you can, we're moving on.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Breitheamh View Post

I have made some changes to the map to better highlight players

The numbers on the left hand side along with the letters along the top are meant to create a coordinate grid. So a player could with precision declare they move to M18 if they wish to position themselves exactly in that square.

For example: Utra is located on square R16
    Last edited by CircleNavigator; 2024-04-24 at 03:34 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

thanks
    The action is now on Naomi and Gozen.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

@gm I would like to request the current and future maps be placed in post #1 at the bottom as needed that way they are easy to find and reference.

https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...7&postcount=31

I am presuming Naomi's current position to be N31, and if I take a route along the following
    (N31to29,M28to27,L26to21 <21 not sure if that is traversable may need to jump over to k21>then to K20,L19,
    M18 and that should put naomi adjacent to the orc, giving Flanking to Ro

I show that as 65ft of movement so it would be a double move for naomi and no further action can be taken at this time

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

@gm I would like to request the current and future maps be placed in post #1 at the bottom as needed that way they are easy to find and reference.

https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...7&postcount=31

I am presuming Naomi's current position to be N31, and if I take a route along the following
    (N31to29,M28to27,L26to21 <21 not sure if that is traversable may need to jump over to k21>then to K20,L19,
    M18 and that should put naomi adjacent to the orc, giving Flanking to Ro

I show that as 65ft of movement so it would be a double move for naomi and no further action can be taken at this time
    Excellent idea.

26. - Top - End - #116

AssassinGuy

How did Naomi get there so fast? Isn't tundra difficult terrain?

27. - Top - End - #117

Okay, with the battle joined, if all's correct on the map, the Haste should go off and cover Orion, Djin, Naomi and Utra. It's gonna be on for 7 levels.

If anyone wants to come chill behind Utra's Silent Image screen with Utra and her little spider friend, it's 10' tall and extends from one wall of the canyon to the other on the border of columns Q and R.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

How did Naomi get there so fast? Isn't tundra difficult terrain?
    is tundra difficult ?

Tundra differs from the other desert categories in two important ways. Because snow and ice cover much of the landscape, it’s easy to find water. And during the height of summer, the permafrost thaws to a depth of a foot or so, turning the landscape into a vast field of mud. The muddy tundra affects movement and skill use as the shallow bogs described in marsh terrain, although there’s little standing water.

Naomi has a 50ft normal move speed, 100ft doubled ..so if it is difficult then she is still 15ft away at K19 (leaving K20,L19,
    M18)
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-04-25 at 08:55 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119

AssassinGuy

is tundra difficult ?

Tundra differs from the other desert categories in two important ways. Because snow and ice cover much of the landscape, it’s easy to find water. And during the height of summer, the permafrost thaws to a depth of a foot or so, turning the landscape into a vast field of mud. The muddy tundra affects movement and skill use as the shallow bogs described in marsh terrain, although there’s little standing water.

Naomi has a 50ft normal move speed, 100ft doubled ..so if it is difficult then she is still 15ft away at K19 (leaving K20,L19,
    M18)
    Ya. That's why I rolled for combat acrobat to ignore the difficult terrain.

@CircleNavigator I rolled for reflex saves for Call Lightning. Coupled with evasion, he does not take damage if he succeeds his save.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

is tundra difficult ?

M18)
    Ya. That's why I rolled for combat acrobat to ignore the difficult terrain.

@CircleNavigator I rolled for reflex saves for Call Lightning. Coupled with evasion, he does not take damage if he succeeds his save.
    I suppose I could attempt Tumble : (1d20+3)[13] <- but that's not going to help much.