New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default [PF2e] Wizard: Arcane School, The Sea's Eye (PEACH)

Specialized Arcane School
    Prerequisites:
    Must have studied at the Sea's Eye.

Magic is power, and for some that rings truer than others. As a student at the Sea's Eye, you were trained to become a Burner, teaching you to draw out the raw power of magic, using it as fuel. You can channel these energies to fuel Burner Engines and to burn your foes to ashes. You have studied aboard the Sea's Eye to perfect this unique form of Evocation magic.

Curriculum:
    Cantrips:
    shield, telekinetic projectile
    1st: breathe fire, force barrage, mystic armor
    2nd: mist, resist energy
    3rd: earthbind, fireball
    4th: wall of fire, weapon storm
    5th: howling blizzard, impaling spike
    6th: chain lightning, disintegrate
    7th: energy aegis, true target
    8th: arctic rift, desiccate
    9th: falling stars

School Spells:
    Initial: Burner's Blaze
    Spoiler: Burner's Blaze Level 1 Focus Spell
    Show
    Burner's Blaze
    [Uncommon] , [Evocation] , [Fire] , [Wizard]

Cast: 1 to 3 Actions (Somatic, Verbal, Material)
    Area: 15-foot cone
    Saving Throw: basic Reflex
    You pull your magic out of you and unleash it in a destructive gout of energetic flames. You deal 1d6 fire damage per action spent to cast this spell.

Heightened (+1): The damage increases by 1d6 per action spent to cast this spell.

Alternate Usage: You can use this spell to power a burner engine on a sea-faring vessel that is equipped with one. The distance and speed you can travel is determined by the number of actions and focus points spent on the spell and the power of the burner engine that is fueled by this spell, up to DM Discretion.
    Advanced: Burner's Inferno
    Spoiler: Burner's Inferno Level 4 Focus Spell
    Show
    Burner's Inferno
    [Uncommon] , [Evocation] , [Metamagic] , [Wizard]
    Cast:
    1 Action (Verbal)
    Your spellcasting unleashes waves of burning energy. If the next action you take is to Cast a Spell that’s an evocation spell dealing fire damage that is not a cantrip, a 10-foot emanation of flames surrounds you as you cast the spell. Foes in the area take 1d6 fire damage per spell level of the spell you just cast. Combine the damage from both burner's inferno and the other spell against foes who take damage from both before applying bonuses, penalties, resistance, weakness, and the like.

This Wizard subclass option is inspired directly by the Campaign Notes Podcast. In their campaign, they have a specialization of Wizards that can channel raw magic into fuel for powerful Burner Engines that allow for very high-speed naval travel. I decided to turn this into a fire-oriented subclass that still gains unique benefits without the campaign-specific engines and stuff of that nature. I have not gone through and changed the spell list to reflect the remastered style in pf2e, so it currently just has the Evocation list, but I will likely go through and snag all the normal fire spells, but if there's any other flavorful ones anyone can thing of, I'm all ears!
    Last edited by Nuptup; 2024-04-10 at 11:30 PM.
    You can find all of my homebrew here: Nuptup's Extended Signature