New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: 2D20- Zones

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default 2D20- Zones

Greetings,

I am having a tough time wrapping my heads around how Zones work in various Modiphius 2d20 systems. Can someone point me to a good actual play, blog, module, etc. that really lays out Zones in a way I can wrap my head around?

Thanks in advance.
    *This Space Available*

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: 2D20- Zones

Honestly, I don't play with zone rules that much. It's an attempt at bridging the gap between theater of the mind and somethin more mechanical and I don't think it works in most cases. Basically it boils down to range for movement and range for attacking. Like a river could be a separate zone from the other sides to represent the difficulty for getting to the other side, but somehow it also counts as long for weapon rage which affects the verisimilitude.

I've used it in Conan and Soulbound but honestly I think it was intended to be handwaved away, which IMO makes a bad rule.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

We played Conan 2d20 online awhile back. From what I recall, we marked out zones on the map. Don't recall the exact zones now, but characters adjacent were in melee, in the same zone, close, one zone away far, etc. What ever they are in 2d20 again.

We recently tried Daggerheart Beta. They also use zones, but sugest for mor tactile combat, melee is 5 feet, very close is 5 to 10 feet, close is 10 to 30 feet, far is 30-100feet(something like that),, very far is 100+ feet

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I get a bit confused on the fact that there is a -1 Momentum when changing Zones, as that seems to be a hinderance to moving between Zones.
    *This Space Available*