New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Default PbtA (and Adjacent) Interest Check

I'm a big big fan of PbtA and other similar systems. I don't have my heart set on any one specific game, I have a few that I'd like to see. I would run the games, I'm just curious which, if any, of the following would be popular. I can provide materials for all of them!

Option 1
    Root: The RPG
    A roleplaying game based on the board game Root: A Woodland Game of Might and Right. Players take on the role of woodland creature sellswords (called vagabonds) to make their way through a woodland nation, on the verge of a war between factions. The woodland is filled with ways to make a name for themselves, make a profit, or influence the politics of the world around them.

Option 2
    Legacy 2nd Edition
    Go beyond surviving the apocalypse, thrive despite it. Each player takes on the role of not only a character but an entire family or faction of characters. Legacy is intended to span over several generations of characters. It is a postapocalyptic game, but the themes of the game are more hopeful than most apocalyptic settings. Explore how despite everything, the world lives on.

Option 3
    Brindlewood Bay
    Solve murders in a small town, maybe even thwart a cult while you're at it. There is one odd catch though. Each player is an elderly lady in a book club. The book club is centered around a series of mystery novels, and with that under their belts, these grannies ended up with a habit of solving crimes. Little old ladies can gather different kinds of information than law enforcement officers, can get into places that detectives can't, and end up in a whole lot of trouble that normal investigators don't.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: PbtA (and Adjacent) Interest Check

I don't know Brindlewood Bay, but I love both Root and Legacy and would love to play either one.

If I had to choose one, it would probably be Root. I've run a couple of games but haven't gotten to play it yet.
    (Avatar by Cuthalion, who is great.)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

I am a very big fan of PbtA. I have experience with Legacy, but I am familiar with Root (the board game). I've never heard of Brindlewood Bay.

That being said, I honestly would be up for playing in any of these systems!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I'm fresh to PbtA, but if I can join that'd be great, preferring option 1 or 3.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

I also agree with you.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

it would have to be legacy 2e

i love the ascendant afflicted

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Huge fan of Legacy here. The Evolved Survivors from End Game look really neat but if you'd just want to keep it core its no problem at all-would the Stranded Starfarers be too weird to play? Fictional incongruities aside I'm also kind of wary/hesitant of playing something that has a "unique weakness of being too powerful".

Would you want to keep it Ruins, Echoes or Mirrors for the scope of Family playbooks?
    Last edited by n0ble; Yesterday at 04:30 PM.
    “Have no fear, you will find your way. It's in your bones. It's in your soul.”- Mark Z. Danieleweski, House of Leaves

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Since people have expressed interest, I will run a Root game here! I unfortunately just have to fight through this last week of being a college student before I can properly set things up lol