New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: The Wreck of the Harmonious Spirit (D&D 3.5 IC)

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z Aa Ab Ac Ad Ae
    ~ ~ ~ l * U D St Sk On
    ~ ~ ~ l Oc
    ~ ~ ~ l G N
    ~ ~ ~ l
    5 ~ ~ ~ l
    ~ ~ ~ l
    RI V ER l
    ~ ~ ~ l
    ~ ~ ~ l RO CK Y CL IF FS
    10 ~ ~ ~ l / / / /
    ~ ~ ~ l / / / / / / / / /
    ~ ~ ~ l / / / / / / C C
    ~ ~ ~ l / / / C C C
    ~ ~ ~ l / / C C C / / /
    15 ~ ~ ~ l / / / /
    ~ ~ ~ St N C C U C C / /
    ~ ~ ~ Sk Oc On / /
    ~ ~ ~ Ro / /
    ~ ~ ~ D / / / /
    20 ~ ~ ~ / / / /
    ~ ~ ~ l / / /
    ~ ~ ~ G \
    ~ ~ ~ l RO CK Y CL IF FS
    ~ ~ ~ l
    25 RI V ER l
    ~ ~ ~ C l
    ~ ~ ~ l
    ~ ~ ~ C \
    ~ ~ ~ C C l
    30 ~ ~ ~ C C C l
    ~ ~ ~ l
    ~ ~ ~ l
    ~ ~ ~ l
    ~ ~ ~ \
    35 ~ ~ ~ l
    ~ ~ ~ l
    ~ ~ ~ \
    ~ ~ ~ l
    ~ ~ ~ C C C C l
    40 ~ ~ ~ \
    ~ ~ ~ l
    ~ ~ ~ l
    ~ ~ ~ l
    ~ ~ ~ l
    45 ~ ~ ~ l
    ~ ~ ~ \
    ~ ~ ~ l
    ~ ~ ~ l
    ~ ~ ~ l
    50 ~ ~ ~ l
    ~ ~ ~ l
    ~ ~ ~ l
    ~ ~ ~ l
    ~ ~ ~ \
    ~ ~ ~ l
    Last edited by CircleNavigator; Yesterday at 10:15 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Noticing the rest of the party was not following, Gozen called on Naomi to go back, the barrens were not a place to wander alone and risk the fate of that sacrificed orc.

Naomi! I'm going back to the others. They seem to have stalled. Fall back!

And he started to back track.

Spoiler: [Fort save
    Show
    ](1d20+8)[17]

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    precombat action if allowed
    Cast Disrupt Undead into blade

1st Battle:
    Initiative: [roll0]
    Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    Noticing the rest of the party was not following, Gozen called on Naomi to go back, the barrens were not a place to wander alone and risk the fate of that sacrificed orc.

Naomi! I'm going back to the others. They seem to have stalled. Fall back!

And he started to back track.

Spoiler: [Fort save
    Show
    ][roll0]
    Gozen and Naomi both possess the fortitude to ascend to the plateau before them, but are yet to do so. Their party lags far behind. With the weather quickly turning foul, both sense something isn't right. Deciding the tracks can wait, Gozen turns back. Advising Naomi to do the same, as she prepares her blade to deal with the unnatural.
    Last edited by CircleNavigator; 2024-04-19 at 03:36 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Of the fourth level, hm, quite impressive. Utra begins to muse aloud, as though anyone present had reason to understand what she's even making a reference to. But then, it really is quite impressive, and indeed beyond what she is capable of herself.

The body suddenly standing, nevertheless, alters the focus of her interest somewhat. …ah, well, a local. she pronounces dryly, the only indication of wariness or worry being her suddenly turning so that her minuscule form is somewhat interposed between the newly risen Orc and the newly found spider. It would be a pity to see the latter suffer for her curiosity. Its venom must be sampled and that web as well before they'd head on. A drawing would not be half-bad itself… Much is left to do here!
    Much speculation can be made about the nature of the dead returning to life. Any number of known phenomenon could be at play. A thorough investigation would certainly yield valuable insights, unfortunately circumstances demand action.

Utra won initiative with a roll of 23
    She is first to act this round

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

I agree lets get back to them
    Turning back with gozen proceeding back to the party

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Vignette

Lightning surges through the reanimated skincutter’s body. Which rises from the ground, still impaled on a set of vicious barbed chains. His wounds heal over, visibly closing in seconds. New flesh forming around the metal links. Powerful regenerative magic incorporating the chains into his body. Disorientated he steps forward to regain his balance. With each step forward the heavens discharge an electric bolt.

The hermit’s plan had worked, the storm forming as prescribed. Boosting the power innate within. But wait, the cursed sphere still burns in the sky. Alien faces surround him. Where are his allies? More importantly where is the vile Nok-Korosh?

What perverse trickery is this? By what draconic magic does his confusion emanate? Is what he sees real or all an elaborate illusion? With the lives of so many at stake there can be no room for doubt. With fingers spread he thrusts his open hand upwards towards the sky.
    Last edited by CircleNavigator; 2024-04-20 at 04:06 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Realizing that the party has walked ahead while Orion was daydreaming about a warm bed he quickly shakes his head and gets back into swing of things Got to work on that as he says this another voice pips up Indeed you do. Keep this up and it will be the death of you and then I would have to tell your mother and I don't want to deal with that. I like my hide where it's at thank you very much He quickly rushes forward followed by a what appears to be a giant rodent that was a bright blonde color but is now turning white and a shadowed mouse like creature that makes people feel ill looking at it.

Spoiler: Fort save
    Show

(1d20+9)[22]

Spoiler: Action
    Show

Double move to catch up with party (60)
    Last edited by razorfloss; 2024-04-20 at 04:41 PM.
    Its not about having good grades It's about passing the semester

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Nicholas (Nick if he likes you) Lorchester
    Jeqem Ashthorn

8. - Top - End - #38
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Djin looks down from where he perches and waits to see what his companions are doing before he acts.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Delays to coordinate with allies at the same time.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

Seeing the impaled orc start moving He frowns and cursesGod damnit I hate undead. They aways stink and always leave a damn mess He holds out his hand it begins to start glowing a malicious black. Orc:Die again and leave us be

Show

Move Dark Companion close to Orc. While close to orc It has a -2 to ac and saves.

Cast Curse dc 17 will save (if successful it has a -2 penalty on attacks, saves, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls)
    Its not about having good grades It's about passing the semester

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Nicholas (Nick if he likes you) Lorchester
    Jeqem Ashthorn

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by razorfloss View Post
    Seeing the impaled orc start moving He frowns and cursesGod damnit I hate undead. They aways stink and always leave a damn mess He holds out his hand it begins to start glowing a malicious black. Orc:Die again and leave us be

Show

Move Dark Companion close to Orc. While close to orc It has a -2 to ac and saves.

Cast Curse dc 17 will save (if successful it has a -2 penalty on attacks, saves, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls)
    Only a fool would volunteer to be killed and strung up as bait. A fool or perhaps a very wise man no longer afraid of death. The hexblade’s curse is a a powerful instrument of torment but its effects on the orc appear negated. Made irrelevant by the iron will behind those cloudy eyes.

Orion can see the orc is armored lightly in leather with bare arms and legs exposed. He carries no shield and wears no metal. Rose’s proximity further exposes the orc’s already inadequate defense to physical attack. Strangely, clouds of breath escape from flared nostrils and from between jutting tusks. A healthy constitution rushes blood across a pounding heart to feed hungry muscles. Adrenaline surges through the skincutter's body, heightening his senses for combat. Orion realizes his opponent is very much alive.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Djin looks down from where he perches and waits to see what his companions are doing before he acts.

Show
    Delays to coordinate with allies at the same time.
    From an advantageous height Djin Mustafar can watch Orion Moonshadow's action play out.

Spoiler: Knowledge Roll
    Show
    Djin Mustafar's local knowledge does not provide him with any useful insights in this situation.

12. - Top - End - #42

With the spider apparently safe for now and the rest of the party ashore with her beginning to slowly congregate in the general proximity of the Skincutter, Utra slowly closes her book and keeping but one eye on the web of the little weaver, focuses her mind. Not on the slow pulsing of power building up in her empty hand, nevertheless; that is for later, if it is coming to play at all – but rather at the Orc.
    Spoiler: Telepathy in ORC (I keep picking that damn language and finally my patience pays!)!
    Show
    If you'll speak, speak now. the words radiate from mind to mind.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

With the spider apparently safe for now and the rest of the party ashore with her beginning to slowly congregate in the general proximity of the Skincutter, Utra slowly closes her book and keeping but one eye on the web of the little weaver, focuses her mind. Not on the slow pulsing of power building up in her empty hand, nevertheless; that is for later, if it is coming to play at all – but rather at the Orc.
    Spoiler: Telepathy in ORC (I keep picking that damn language and finally my patience pays!)!
    Show
    Into the Skincutter’s mind a voice sneaks, speaking to him in his native tongue. Although in a manner far more academic than colloquial. Vaguely familiar with the practice of speaking the unspoken tongue, the orc does respond. Though his outwardly hostile stance remains unchanged. Responding telepathically in Orc, he says.

“Confuse me not vile creature, I know of your kind’s magic. My mind and body are shielded with unbreakable wards. I am he who commands the storm, bow down or be destroyed.”

Though his focus is enhanced, the wise man is alarmed by his inability to see through this persistent illusion. Seemingly eager to boast, he openly taunts his opponent, taking advantage of their telepathic connection to claim.

“I will drag your boiled skull back to the circle. Show all that I have done what they could not. My victory will force them to acknowledge my greatness. Rejoice, you gluttonous abomination. Your death will bring about the end of my exile and my ascension to leadership. Your name will echo forever in my song. Now, enough of this, face me openly, to the death, as it should be.”
    Last edited by CircleNavigator; 2024-04-22 at 02:04 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

AssassinGuy

Djin still waits for Stylianos and Skarunus to act. His actions are either flank or attack from where he is depending on the two's actions. If both of them reach the orc, he slides down the walls of the mountain, pick himself up and flips through craggy ground as if they are flat ground to flank. If not, he will fling force bolts at the orc.

Show
    Slow Fall 20 ft (Ignore 20 ft falling distance damage)

Tumble roll succeeded so ignore the remaining 10 ft falling distance damage.

Stands from Prone as free action (Thief Acrobats Kip Up Class Feature)

Sure footed maneuver roll succeeded so he can ignore 4 difficult terrain squares while moving to flank.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-04-24 at 09:59 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

As Skaruvus holds the gem up to the light to examine it more closely, and then begins to move closer to Utra for her to get a look at his find, he senses the air palpably change, and frowns looking windward.

As the lightning flashes and the wind screams, the body of the Orc begins to rise once more, Skar pockets the gem and listens momentarily, to the danger...

He hadn't sensed this coming...

Quick as he can, Skar crouches and begins prowling forward like cat, smoothly shifting muscles and skin and bone as he does so, until with the same grace as water flowing rapidly over a riverstone, a massive cat continues the forward advance, powerful muscles rippling under orange and black stripes, the druid's sharkskin armor somehow miraculously maintaining its fit over the new body.

Skar advances toward the newly risen Orc, tail swishing lazily, and allows a rumbling growl to emit from his throat, speaking in an even tone, "I am feeling cautious in this moment. I am not wishing to feel more..." He lets the last syllable trail off into a continuing low growl.

Spoiler: Mechanically
    Show
    Skar will use a Standard Action and 2 uses of Wildshape to turn into a Tiger and keep his armor on him.

Move a little bit forward, so that I am about 20 feet from the Orc and in a position to charge. I'll be honest I am having a really hard time interpreting some parts of that map. Some things are clear, but I don't know what the numbers on the left are supposed to be, and I can't tell where Utra is either.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

Fistful of Fate character: Aereck Tarrinsen

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Dispossessed of his mind Stylianos Saggio wanders aimlessly up and down the beach.
    Last edited by CircleNavigator; 2024-04-24 at 01:29 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler: Previous Player Actions
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Breitheamh View Post
    As Skaruvus holds the gem up to the light to examine it more closely, and then begins to move closer to Utra for her to get a look at his find, he senses the air palpably change, and frowns looking windward.

As the lightning flashes and the wind screams, the body of the Orc begins to rise once more, Skar pockets the gem and listens momentarily, to the danger...

He hadn't sensed this coming...

Quick as he can, Skar crouches and begins prowling forward like cat, smoothly shifting muscles and skin and bone as he does so, until with the same grace as water flowing rapidly over a riverstone, a massive cat continues the forward advance, powerful muscles rippling under orange and black stripes, the druid's sharkskin armor somehow miraculously maintaining its fit over the new body.

Skar advances toward the newly risen Orc, tail swishing lazily, and allows a rumbling growl to emit from his throat, speaking in an even tone, "I am feeling cautious in this moment. I am not wishing to feel more..." He lets the last syllable trail off into a continuing low growl.

Spoiler: Mechanically
    Show
    Skar will use a Standard Action and 2 uses of Wildshape to turn into a Tiger and keep his armor on him.

Move a little bit forward, so that I am about 20 feet from the Orc and in a position to charge. I'll be honest I am having a really hard time interpreting some parts of that map. Some things are clear, but I don't know what the numbers on the left are supposed to be, and I can't tell where Utra is either.
    Djin still waits for Stylianos and Skarunus to act. His actions are either flank or attack from where he is depending on the two's actions. If both of them reach the orc, he slides down the walls of the mountain, pick himself up and flips through craggy ground as if they are flat ground to flank. If not, he will fling force bolts at the orc.

Show
    Slow Fall 20 ft (Ignore 20 ft falling distance damage)

Tumble roll succeeded so ignore the remaining 10 ft falling distance damage.

Stands from Prone as free action (Thief Acrobats Kip Up Class Feature)

Sure footed maneuver roll succeeded so he can ignore 4 difficult terrain squares while moving to flank.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfloss View Post

Show

Strange illusion, disorientating in its absurdity. A man approaches, but no, he is in fact a tiger. A ghost white body outlined in striking black stripes. A magician materializes before his eyes, casting curses and dark emanations. A miniature telepath implores him to speak, her circling hands a blur.

Two bolts are hurled at the son of the storm from an elevated position high in the surrounding cliffs. No attempt is made to avoid being hit by the resurrected champion. Who defiantly stands and absorbs the hits, though taking significant damage.

Taknorogan (Skincutter Orc) takes 11 Force damage
    Health 87%

Returning fire with a bolt of his own, Taknorogan lifts his eyes towards the sky. A swirling maelstrom building within. Down from the heavens he does Call Lightning on Djin.

Dark clouds flash and tremble with a reverberating sound as a direct lightning strike is only seconds away.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Naomi takes a double move towards the orc.

N31 to K19
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-04-25 at 01:54 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    Naomi takes a double move towards the orc.

N31 to M18 and that should put naomi adjacent to the orc, giving Flanking to Ro
    Drawing Taknorogan’s attention temporarily away from his target on the cliffside is the rapid advancement of Naomi. Who quickly turns the corner, marching forward ready for a face to face confrontation. Her sudden arrival further reinforcing her party’s ranks while threatening to place the orc in an untenable position.
    Last edited by CircleNavigator; 2024-04-25 at 11:56 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50

As the warriors begin to trade blows, the transmuting power of Haste finally radiates forth from Utra's closed fist. It would appear that our gracious host here is somewhat specialized in weather-based offensive magic, hm. He claims to command the storm, which the little display Master Djin suffered seems to corroborate. she reports, in addition to that, and almost as an aside what she gleaned from the short mental conversation with the Skincutter. Under different circumstances I would mayhaps propose we capture the man; he seems to know much of local customs, but there is a lesson to learn here. she goes on, her tone as flat as ever. He further claims he is an exile; there seems to have been some turmoil here, a leadership dispute. He saw himself as a viable leader. That might be telling as to the general power level of the higher echelons in, hm, what he terms as his circle. Let us test this power level, shall we. the Halfling suggests, carefully putting her book away. She'll have need of it later; boiled skulls and the immediate associations to the notion of gluttony deserve noting. Perhaps there is something to glean from Gnomish parallels…

But that's not a thing to know quite just now. She glimpses at the white landscape past her shoulder and with a flick of a finger, she screens herself from the Orc's eyes instead.

Show

Move action stash away book;
    standard action cast Silent Image to put the image of the landcape without her in front of herself (discount Invisibility!); Will DC 15 to disbelieve.
    standard

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Though out of sight, the party can expect the sudden appearance of Gozen the Naturalist at any moment.
    Last edited by CircleNavigator; 2024-04-26 at 02:18 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

As the warriors begin to trade blows, the transmuting power of Haste finally radiates forth from Utra's closed fist. It would appear that our gracious host here is somewhat specialized in weather-based offensive magic, hm. He claims to command the storm, which the little display Master Djin suffered seems to corroborate. she reports, in addition to that, and almost as an aside what she gleaned from the short mental conversation with the Skincutter. Under different circumstances I would mayhaps propose we capture the man; he seems to know much of local customs, but there is a lesson to learn here. she goes on, her tone as flat as ever. He further claims he is an exile; there seems to have been some turmoil here, a leadership dispute. He saw himself as a viable leader. That might be telling as to the general power level of the higher echelons in, hm, what he terms as his circle. Let us test this power level, shall we. the Halfling suggests, carefully putting her book away. She'll have need of it later; boiled skulls and the immediate associations to the notion of gluttony deserve noting. Perhaps there is something to glean from Gnomish parallels…

But that's not a thing to know quite just now. She glimpses at the white landscape past her shoulder and with a flick of a finger, she screens herself from the Orc's eyes instead.

Show

Move action stash away book;
    standard action cast Silent Image to put the image of the landcape without her in front of herself (discount Invisibility!); Will DC 15 to disbelieve.
    standard
    The ethereal smallfolk disappears out of view. Perhaps engaging in concealment magic, or perhaps she was never real to begin with. Illusion or madness, hardly an appealing choice. Taknorogan remembers vividly the moment of his defeat. Hoisted into the air and eviscerated before the screaming multitudes. His journey back through the underworld remains fragments of haunting images and unforgettable sounds locked away within his mind. The telepath must be real, he concludes, as real as the canyon stretched out before his eyes, or the ground beneath his feet. His attention however is drawn back to his opponents who are actively engaged in combat. Leaving the mystery unsolved.
    Last edited by CircleNavigator; 2024-04-26 at 02:24 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53

AssassinGuy

Djin sidesteps the lightning strike casted by the orc, unscathed.

"Feisty, aren't you? And you dare use lightning against me? Pfft! I could dodge one hundred of those with my eyes close. Oi, Orion, Skar, let's flank the spell nut."

Depending on whether Orion or Skarvurus heeds his words and accedes to them, the acrobat slides down the wall and falls the last 10 ft. He kips up, flips over the craggy ground as they are flat ground, drawing a silver dagger to flank with either Orion, Rose or Skarvurus, aiming a slash at the orc's vitals. His foot slips, messing with his swinging momentum, missing the orc by a wide mile causing Djin to curse.

Show
    Evasion and succeeded reflex save so call lightning does nil against him.

Fall as free action with slow fall 20 ft and succeeded tumble check negating fall damage.

Kip Up to stand from prone as free action.

Succeeded balance check to use Sure Footed Maneuver to treat 4 difficult terrain squares as normal squares. He will flip/detours around the orc to avoid Attack of Opportunity to reach M18 if no one provides the square for flanking.

Rolled a Natural 1 on attack so an automatic miss.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-04-26 at 05:51 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Djin sidesteps the lightning strike casted by the orc, unscathed.

"Feisty, aren't you? And you dare use lightning against me? Pfft! I could dodge one hundred of those with my eyes close. Oi, Orion, Skar, let's flank the spell nut."

Depending on whether Orion or Skarvurus heeds his words and accedes to them, the acrobat slides down the wall and falls the last 10 ft. He kips up, flips over the craggy ground as they are flat ground, drawing a silver dagger to flank with either Orion, Rose or Skarvurus, aiming a slash at the orc's vitals. His foot slips, messing with his swinging momentum, missing the orc by a wide mile causing Djin to curse.

Show
    Evasion and succeeded reflex save so call lightning does nil against him.

Fall as free action with slow fall 20 ft and succeeded tumble check negating fall damage.

Kip Up to stand from prone as free action.

Succeeded balance check to use Sure Footed Maneuver to treat 4 difficult terrain squares as normal squares. He will flip/detours around the orc to avoid Attack of Opportunity to reach M18 if no one provides the square for flanking.

Rolled a Natural 1 on attack so an automatic miss.
    From above, a destructive line of electrical energy arcs towards the ground. Unnatural in its direction and timing. For not a moment after Djin released his grip from the rock face did the bolt strike exactly where he was. Exploding rocks rain down from the top of the cliff. The exposed stone, cracked and broken reveals rich deposits of Blue Zoisite.

Though unable to understand the human’s taunt, the orc might hyperbolically boast that he has 100 bolts to give. An exaggeration of course but above the clouds darken further. Fortunately, Djin’s blade speaks a universal language. A narrow miss, due only to his opponent’s clumsy actions does not provoke a defense from the orc. Instead the storm caller lifts both hands to the heavens, leaving his vital joints and organs, unarmored and exposed. He stands defiantly, seemingly unconcerned with his own well being.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

"I was warning you..." Skaruvus growls as the fighting begins in earnest, and roars as he takes running leap forward on the powerful legs of a predator, pouncing upon the orc and beginning to tear into him with claws and teeth.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Charge and Pounce on the Orc as a Tiger
    Attacks get +2 for charge, AC is currently 16

Claw 1 (1d20+9)[19] +2 = 21 (confirm crit (1d20+9)[29])
    Damage (1d6+6)[9] (if crit +[roll]1d6+6])

Claw 2 (1d20+9)[27] +2 = 29 (confirm crit (1d20+9)[23])
    Damage (1d6+6)[9] (if crit +[roll]1d6+6])

Bite (1d20+4)[7] +2 = 9 (confirm crit (1d20+4)[11])
    Damage (1d8+3)[5] (if crit +[roll]1d8+3])

Rake 1 (1d20+9)[27] +2 = 29 (confirm crit (1d20+9)[19])
    Damage (1d8+3)[8] (if crit +[roll]1d8+3])

Rake 2 (1d20+9)[26] +2 = 28 (confirm crit (1d20+9)[19])
    Damage (1d8+3)[10] (if crit +[roll]1d8+3])

Improved Grab means free attempt to Grapple on both claws and bite:

Grapple from Claw 1 (1d20+14)[26]
    Grapple from Claw 2 (1d20+14)[15]
    Grapple from Bite (1d20+9)[22]
    Last edited by Breitheamh; 2024-04-26 at 03:46 PM.
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Breitheamh View Post
    "I was warning you..." Skaruvus growls as the fighting begins in earnest, and roars as he takes running leap forward on the powerful legs of a predator, pouncing upon the orc and beginning to tear into him with claws and teeth.
    Before he could react, the tiger was upon him. Claws tearing into the orc’s body, raking across his abdominal region. A grimace, gritting of teeth, and a quick inhale act as outward expressions of his pain.

Taknorogan (Skincutter Orc) takes 36 slashing damage
    Health 44%

Pivoting with the animal, Taknorogan is able to avoid a vicious bite. Hands lowered to grip firmly the tiger’s forearms, a contest begins. As Skaruvus attempts to latch on and rake. Immense strength divinely granted to the orc, allows him to resists the grapple. Throwing his opponent back, maintaining distance between them.
    Last edited by CircleNavigator; 2024-04-27 at 03:17 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

The bounty of crystals revealed by the Orc, accidental as the helpful act might have been, earns a reflexive nod of appreciation from Utra, still hidden from view. And the lightning itself, it might just tell her something about their foe as well, a thought that reminds her that the stones are not what they are after here. Whatever the Skincutter knows, might be.

Spoiler: MORE TELEPATHY IN ORC!
    Show

We are many. You are alone. You looked dead, but live now. Not for long if you fight. So why, I'm thinking. Why fight us. her words seep into the Orc's mind as he grapples Skar. You are of no use to us fighting. You are of no use to you dead. This can change if you yield.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

The bounty of crystals revealed by the Orc, accidental as the helpful act might have been, earns a reflexive nod of appreciation from Utra, still hidden from view. And the lightning itself, it might just tell her something about their foe as well, a thought that reminds her that the stones are not what they are after here. Whatever the Skincutter knows, might be.

Spoiler: MORE TELEPATHY IN ORC!
    Show

We are many. You are alone. You looked dead, but live now. Not for long if you fight. So why, I'm thinking. Why fight us. her words seep into the Orc's mind as he grapples Skar. You are of no use to us fighting. You are of no use to you dead. This can change if you yield.
    Taknorogan possesses an unshakable faith. Despite his confusion and difficult odds he fights on. To do otherwise would be a fate worse than true death.

“Know me inquisitive sprite, I am Taknorogan, The Storm Caller. Greatest of All! I can not be defeated, only endured. Join me or die.”

Is his less than encouraging reply, spat mentally in Orc at his unseen foe.

Spoiler: Spellcraft Roll
    Show
    Spellcraft (23)
    Utra is able to identify the spell cast by Taknorogan as Call Lightning
    A divine incantation of the third circle known to druids.

29. - Top - End - #59

Spoiler: Even MORE Telepathy in ORC
    Show

Taknorogan, Caller of Storms, understand this: how I speak to you now, is but a birthright, and I learned much since my birth. And yet: of those you stand against, I might be the least. Utra cautions the Skincutter matter-of-factly. But then, hm. Join you? How does one join Taknorogan the Storm Caller?
    Perhaps there might be ways to ease this task. Or glean some further insight. Neither prospect is unappealing to the scholar. Still, until then, se better aid her own in how they'd handle this. An interesting detail, mayhaps. she addresses them. Our Orc here; the bolt of lightning he used is of a telling sort. Divine magic, but of the… More primitive traditions, as we would call them. Druidic mayhaps, hm. How much do you happen to know about the concept of a spell level. she asks, absently drawing her own sword as she speaks; she may as well, after all. It is of the third; roughly on par or slightly below of what one of you could use, at most, if of the same rite.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Utra's words were enough to give Skaruvus pause, and as he landed gracefully back on his paws from the Orc's defense of his grapple, he let his weight settle back slightly, raising his head to show a slightly more diplomatic posture.

And then he speaks in a language that very few, if any could recognize, something that feels more primal and rooted in the earth.

Spoiler: Druidic
    Show
    "You who has become my opponent, I listen to the wind and sky when they speak... As arbiter of beast and grove, would you become my fellow, my predator, or my prey?"
    If anyone can speak Druidic, this is immediately recognizable as a highly formal entreatment offering truce and warning of deadly conflict should the truce be broken without prior agreement.
    Show

Town Square execution.